[REMOVE ADS]




Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 151 to 172 of 172
  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Who remembers shop class? Metal shop? Wood shop?
    It was called "Industrial Arts" at my school. One year we had a woman teacher, the next we got "Lurch" aka Mr. Coffin who was 6'6" blond and totally devoid of personality! He was the one that teachers dispatched to paddle "unruly" students with his 2 1/2 foot, 3/4 wooden paddle with holes in it! LOL!

  2. #152
    We had Mr. Tracy for Industrial Arts. Cool guy, but not the one to tick off. One day, he couldn't get us to shut up, so he put a small metal trash can on a work table, pulled out his paddle and swatted the trash can with it. It flew 30 feet across the room, hitting the wall with a bang. We were perfect angels after that.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    We had Mr. Tracy for Industrial Arts. Cool guy, but not the one to tick off. One day, he couldn't get us to shut up, so he put a small metal trash can on a work table, pulled out his paddle and swatted the trash can with it. It flew 30 feet across the room, hitting the wall with a bang. We were perfect angels after that.
    I bet! Our basketball coach had a habit of kicking one of those old style metal garbage cans during halftime in the locker room.

  4. #154
    Forgot to mention my mother's classic line to keep from swearing in front of us kids: GOT-to-be-more-careful.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Forgot to mention my mother's classic line to keep from swearing in front of us kids: GOT-to-be-more-careful.
    I love it! LOL!!!! My mom use to make up words to avoid all out cussing. I have of some and post them. She really had some real doozys LOL!

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I love it! LOL!!!! My mom use to make up words to avoid all out cussing. I have of some and post them. She really had some real doozys LOL!
    HA!! Oh, yeah, my mom had "Bull-Babbitt" and my grandma had "John Switch-It."

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    HA!! Oh, yeah, my mom had "Bull-Babbitt" and my grandma had "John Switch-It."
    hehehehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!!

  8. #158
    My Dad use to say "I'll be doggone" instead of "I'll be damned!". Whenever I'd put a shit or undershirt on wrong, my mother say what's wrong with you? Do you have "wrongsaditis"? LOL!

  9. #159
    My mother would never use the word "bit*ch" when one of her friends or neighbors upset her, she'd say "that heifer!" LOL!

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    my mother would never use the word "bit*ch" when one of her friends or neighbors upset her, she'd say "that heifer!" lol!
    yep,i'd forgotten that one-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeny63 View Post
    they really knew how to knock on wood!
    and they would-knock you out if you got smart,hehe!

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    and they would-knock you out if you got smart,hehe!
    Or twist your ear til it burned! Sometimes your arm skin was twisted.

  13. #163
    If I asked my a parents a difficult question which they didn't know the answer to, they'd sometimes say, "God knows and he won't split".

  14. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    If I asked my a parents a difficult question which they didn't know the answer to, they'd sometimes say, "God knows and he won't split".
    LOL!!!!!!! hehehehehehehe!

  15. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Or twist your ear til it burned! Sometimes your arm skin was twisted.
    My Mom had her own specialty. She would "pinch and twist" a spot on your arm if we were in public or in front of people LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 08-11-2019 at 05:30 PM.

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was called "Industrial Arts" at my school. One year we had a woman teacher, the next we got "Lurch" aka Mr. Coffin who was 6'6" blond and totally devoid of personality! He was the one that teachers dispatched to paddle "unruly" students with his 2 1/2 foot, 3/4 wooden paddle with holes in it! LOL!
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  21.1 KB
    We had a 6'6" 275 lb ex CFL Lineman giving our swats in my junior high school in Manitoba, who, like your guy, used a heavy wooden paddleball paddle, with holes drilled in it to avoid wind resistance. He was very heavy for that position in the 1950s. He'd be a linebacker now. People who were "serviced" by him had to sit on pillows afterwards.

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  21.1 KB
    We had a 6'6" 275 lb ex CFL Lineman giving our swats in my junior high school in Manitoba, who, like your guy, used a heavy wooden paddleball paddle, with holes drilled in it to avoid wind resistance. He was very heavy for that position in the 1950s. He'd be a linebacker now. People who were "serviced" by him had to sit on pillows afterwards.
    Robb, it sounds like you guys had our Mr. Coffin's brother! LOL! Those paddles would be totally banned or outlawed today. When Coffin hit you, all the blood in your body seemed to rush to your face and head! LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 08-12-2019 at 06:26 PM.

  18. #168
    One of our shop teachers was an ex boxer,we thought that he was still punch drunk but we couldn't prove it,except that whenever the bell rang he would start-shadow boxing..needless to say that nobody got near that dude when the bell rang!

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    One of our shop teachers was an ex boxer,we thought that he was still punch drunk but we couldn't prove it,except that whenever the bell rang he would start-shadow boxing..needless to say that nobody got near that dude when the bell rang!

  20. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    One of our shop teachers was an ex boxer,we thought that he was still punch drunk but we couldn't prove it,except that whenever the bell rang he would start-shadow boxing..needless to say that nobody got near that dude when the bell rang!
    U h hehehehehehehehehe...........LOL!

  21. #171
    You know what? Overall I loved my teachers (except Mrs. Gregory my Kindergarten teacher). They were generally good people that were severely under paid, but did a great job as far as I am concerned.

  22. #172
    God bless em all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.