[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Diana Ross & The Supremes at the Expo ´67 [[VERY RARE INTERVIEW)

Diana talks about their success, their hits, the Tarzan episode [["The Convert"), future projects as a single star and Florence´departure too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post

Diana talks about their success, their hits, the Tarzan episode [["The Convert"), future projects as a single star and Florence´departure too!
    I posted this interview several times over the years. I found it on the CBC's website archives. It is good to revisit it though. Notice how Diane explains Florence's departure from the group.........

This originally aired on CBC Radio Montreal and for a time only available on the CBC's website when I found it several years ago.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-07-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks very interesting. Florence still seemed on "Probation." I sssume Mary and Cindy were there too . I think I hear Mary chuckle and also say "what" when Diana mentions opera!

Understudies lol!

Very nice interview

She really tried to play up Mary although either the interviewer had no interest in the other Supremes or they'd been told The interview was with Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post

Great find; thanks!

I also believe this was a great find. Although the interviewer, in my opinion, tried to focus on Diana [[by calling her "the leader" of the group), Diana was always diplomatic in acknowledging the group [["we") as opposed to focusing on herself.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Very nice interview

She really tried to play up Mary although either the interviewer had no interest in the other Supremes or they'd been told The interview was with Diana
    You know darn well that it has been documented several times that Motown instructed the interviewers to only speak to Diane. Why do you pretend that they were not interested in the other 2/3rds of the group is now beyond me!