[REMOVE ADS]

That's it right there!!

Hi gang,it's always fun to name songs that grab you from the start...[i know you wanna leave me-ain't too proud to beg-the temps]..you know the landlord rang my front door bell-money honey-the drifters]..i gotcha a ha ha,you thought i didn''t see ya-i got cha-joe tex]..hey baby what do i have to do-dance with me henry-etta james]..you are under my power it is the power of love-my baby must be a magician-the marvelettes]....your turn!!

Okkkk, great question arr&bee...

Wow it took me ages and I could only think of one: The Marvelettes' "Please, Mr. Postman"

I'll be back....!!!

"Bring Back The Love" by The Monitors

That horn chart at the beginning of Earth, Wind and Fire's "Can't Hide Love"

"STOP!!!" - 'Stop! In The Name Of Love' - Diana Ross & The Supremes

The 'fanfare' brass and 'Calling' intro - 'Dancing In The Street' - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

The piano first, then 'doubled' with strings intro - 'This Old Heart Of Mine' - The Isley Brothers

The dramatic brass and string intro, followed by "As I sit here..." - 'Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I - The Velvelettes

"My Time" by Gladys Knight & the Pips - 1985
    "Baby I Need Your Loving" by The Four Tops - 1964
    "These Eyes" by The Guess Who - 1968-69
    "Fever" by Little Willie John - 1956

Too many for me to name, to be honest. The guitars at the beginning of the Spinners' "I'll Be Around" and Betty Wright's "Clean Up Woman" come to mind immediately. The horns at the beginning of "Grazing In The Grass" do, as well. I believe all of my favorite songs stir me within the first eight notes. Another great one is Smokey singing against the chorded horns to start "Shop Around".

Oh, of course... The incredibly fast drumroll followed by Edwin's almighty chant: "WAR!"

Not sure if it really counts but the intro to The Jackson Five's "I Want You Back" has to be one of the best and most enjoyable in the history of pop and soul music... it gets me every time!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    too many for me to name, to be honest. The guitars at the beginning of the spinners' "i'll be around" and betty wright's "clean up woman" come to mind immediately. The horns at the beginning of "grazing in the grass" do, as well. I believe all of my favorite songs stir me within the first eight notes. Another great one is smokey singing against the chorded horns to start "shop around".
    i was in a band with a guy who played on the betty wright session,he said they used two guitarist.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    i was in a band with a guy who played on the betty wright session,he said they used two guitarist.
    That makes sense. It sounds like two guitars.

Love an happiness,something that can make you do wrong,or make you do right-love an happiness-al green...a lover can be a fool-since i loss my baby's love-major lance...johnny,johnny dollar-a quiet place-garnett mims.

I've been meaning to post this for a while now but keep forgetting...

"Seven Rooms Of Gloom" by The Four Tops
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-12-2017 at 09:12 PM.

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson has one of the hippest, most unique and instantly recognizable intros of its time period

In the beginning there was nothing but rock-baby that's rock an roll[the coasters].

Chuck Berry had the most exciting intros in the '50s. You knew the upcoming song based on the guitar riff at the beginning [[think of the simulated school bell at the beginning of "School Days").

Also, one of the most recognizable vocal intros was Smokey singing "When I became of age..."

It's easy to make that tune in six notes.

One of the best guitarist ever.

If you recognize the distinction between rock 'n roll and rock, you know that he's the father of rock.

The long instrumental intros to "Martha & the Vandellas' "Heat Wave" and Eddie Holland's "Leaving Here".

Money,who needs it-road runner[jr.walker&the allstars]