[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    While we appreciate the effort that was put in to making a "Go-Go" promo it wasn't made from any elements from our actual release. We've done our best to maintain [[and hopefully exceed) the standard of all of the previous expanded editions.
    Hopefully exceed? I am sure I speak for many when I say the team responsible for each of these remastered sets exceeds our expectations with each release. We thank you George!

I can hardly wait for A' Go Go...

For fans, from my look at the Facebook track listing, I thought it may have exceeded expectations.

Extra mixes of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart are incredible. A couple of extra duets!! Great!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    While we appreciate the effort that was put in to making a "Go-Go" promo it wasn't made from any elements from our actual release. We've done our best to maintain [[and hopefully exceed) the standard of all of the previous expanded editions.
    Everything you guys have done so far in the physical cd's has been above and beyond expectations. It's just confusing when different artwork is shown and haphazard track listings. Like many do, a display of portions of the actual set would help. I say this with all due respect because George, Andy & Harry always deliver. I know this is pushing it but what about the tribute albums including a physical Funny Girl. A Rodgers & Hart digipak? A complete TCB/GIT CD/DVD set...well, you already know. Will we live to see these finished???

djessie, Thanks. George confirmed.

Surely the duet with the Four Tops isnt that awful one off youtube...its the worst mash up ive heard and will ruin this superb set.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Surely the duet with the Four Tops isnt that awful one off youtube...its the worst mash up ive heard and will ruin this superb set.
    Not sure if you mean this one, but it's not that bad. The only issue I have with this YT mashup is that it doesn't have Diana and Levi trading lead vocals/verses.

That said, I guarantee that Andy and George wouldn't be downloading a YT video, stripping out the video, and adding the audio to a CD set. If they decided to create a "new" duet of a song, you have to know that they will work [[presumably with the proven Kevin Reeves) on creating such a performance by using the master tapes and skilled editing.

Let's not assume one song [[even one that likely isn't included on this set as is) would "ruin" the set. I think we've waited long enough that Andy and George know that the best possible product is needed. Let's worry less about what we think might be on there and more about making this set sell out!
    Last edited by danman869; 03-22-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Adding the video link

I would soooooooooo love a Rogers and Hart expanded edition. One of my favorite Supremes albums. Mono/stereo with the 13 unreleased tracks and alternate mixes. It would also be nice to get the other specialty albums out on cd again. Why not do a 3 cd box set with A Bit Of Liverpool, Country, Western & Pop and We Remember Sam Cooke each with seperate cd case size booklets and cut outs to make our own cds.

I have purchased every supremes and Ross expanded, and or deluxed editions and you have rocked each one, you have even made me like ones such as Last Time I saw Him, which was , I think , one of her worst solo albums ever. I cant even believe BG allowed that to be released as it. but after your hardwork and dedication , it became the album it was meant to be,
    I am hoping this release will do the same as it was not my favorite. to uneven for me.
    thanks for all the hardwork. now off to order mine

I sort of did that with Rodgers & Hart. I made it a set including the stuff that was on the Complete Recordings, the alternate mixes from the 1987 "Rodgers & Hart Collection" CD [[which remixed the 12 album tracks, the rest were the same as on "Complete..."). As well as a couple of the alternate mixes and mono mixes that appeared on various collections and anthologies. Though a comprehensive set as you described would be more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I sort of did that with Rodgers & Hart. I made it a set including the stuff that was on the Complete Recordings, the alternate mixes from the 1987 "Rodgers & Hart Collection" CD [[which remixed the 12 album tracks, the rest were the same as on "Complete..."). As well as a couple of the alternate mixes and mono mixes that appeared on various collections and anthologies. Though a comprehensive set as you described would be more than welcome.
    Hmmmmm ... news to me. I don't understand what album the 12 album tracks were remixed on.

Based on Andy & George's track record I find it almost unbelievable that anyone could be skeptical or even already negative about this release. I am a big music fan/collector and the artists that get as much love, attention, and years of hard work and dedication as Andy & George have given their releases from The Supremes and Diana Ross are few and far between. As I look forward to yet another stellar expanded edition I can only say how grateful I am that they've worked so hard to bring so many wonderful releases to fruition over the years...thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Hmmmmm ... news to me. I don't understand what album the 12 album tracks were remixed on.
    In 1987, a CD was released called "The Rodgers And Hart Collection". The CD entry can be seen here:

https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-T...elease/7736430

The weird thing is, not only does it not use the original album cover, the tracks are jumbled all out of order. It contains 24 of the tracks that eventually got released a second time on "The Complete Collection" in 2002. For some reason, I Could Write A Book wasn't included the first time around. And also, all tracks from the original LP seem to be remixed [[except for My Romance, which sounded pretty much identical to what we got on the 2002 CD). The remaining tracks seem to be identical mix-wise, between the two releases. Except, the original versions of "Bewitched..." and "You Took Advantage..." made their appearance on this 1987 disc first, as far as I am aware. It's very odd.

DJ

Edit: Looking at the link I posted, it does say in the notes below the track listing....
    All selections were remixed from the original 8 track session tapes except for "My Romance."
    Last edited by DJMoch; 03-22-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added more info

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Based on Andy & George's track record I find it almost unbelievable that anyone could be skeptical or even already negative about this release. I am a big music fan/collector and the artists that get as much love, attention, and years of hard work and dedication as Andy & George have given their releases from The Supremes and Diana Ross are few and far between. As I look forward to yet another stellar expanded edition I can only say how grateful I am that they've worked so hard to bring so many wonderful releases to fruition over the years...thank you all!
    I agree with you 100 percent. I can't believe people are already complaining. Everything from Andy and George have been stellar. I am just so grateful to have this release finally being released and on CD. Thank you so much Andy and George.

The point of me saying about the duet is that everyone concerned in these expanded editions does an outstanding job...i have every single one of them and i was just saying that the duet on youtube is atrocious Diana's vocals are not in sync with the track and if this was to be included would spoil the good work thats put into these editions...i was not complaining about the release itself just exspressing my opinion on the edit of the mashup on youtube....im sure it will be first class.

If Go Go has the lavish fold out cover we've been used to then that does exceed my expectations. Thought we'd seen the last of those.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    If Go Go has the lavish fold out cover we've been used to then that does exceed my expectations. Thought we'd seen the last of those.
    That really would be awesome, to keep in track with the previous ones.

I truly hope this will only be the first of many other physical expanded editions to come. I believe Ross 78 has been said to be digital only [[so yet another no buy for me) but hopefully it will end up being released on CD as well. I am still deeply disappointed over Baby It's Me and the other "releases" from the past few years. Now once again I truly have something to look forward to. Thanks to everyone who made Go-Go happen on CD!

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    I would soooooooooo love a Rogers and Hart expanded edition. One of my favorite Supremes albums. Mono/stereo with the 13 unreleased tracks and alternate mixes. It would also be nice to get the other specialty albums out on cd again. Why not do a 3 cd box set with A Bit Of Liverpool, Country, Western & Pop and We Remember Sam Cooke each with seperate cd case size booklets and cut outs to make our own cds.
    I've always thought the 3 concept LPs [[Liverpool, C&W and Sam Cooke) would make a great deluxe set. Of the three, I think Liverpool overall is the weakest but I still enjoy many of the songs and think that Diane's vocal on "House of the Rising Sun" to be outstanding. I have the 3 LPs recorded on an old cassette tape [[I know, I'm a dinosaur) which I still listen to. What's really enjoyable about hearing these three LPs together is that the harmonies are simply stunning, you hear Mary and Flo throughout, and the song selection and material is not as familiar as all the many hits or even other LP selections. I think these could even be released in a 2-CD set with the Disney selections added as bonus tracks, as these albums were pretty short [[I'm thinking 30-35 minutes) in terms of track length.

I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but I will because we are close to the release date. Last Fall I was invited to visit Andy at his office. While I was there, he showed me, on iPad, a mock up of the booklet for this release. Even in that state, and as quickly as we went through it, It was one of the best booklets I'd seen for these releases. The additional pictures chosen were ones I had not seen before. I think everyone will be extremely happy with the booklet included! I can't wait to see the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but I will because we are close to the release date. Last Fall I was invited to visit Andy at his office. While I was there, he showed me, on iPad, a mock up of the booklet for this release. Even in that state, and as quickly as we went through it, It was one of the best booklets I'd seen for these releases. The additional pictures chosen were ones I had not seen before. I think everyone will be extremely happy with the booklet included! I can't wait to see the final version.
    It sounds fantastic. I've already ordered my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I've always thought the 3 concept LPs [[Liverpool, C&W and Sam Cooke) would make a great deluxe set. Of the three, I think Liverpool overall is the weakest but I still enjoy many of the songs and think that Diane's vocal on "House of the Rising Sun" to be outstanding. I have the 3 LPs recorded on an old cassette tape [[I know, I'm a dinosaur) which I still listen to. What's really enjoyable about hearing these three LPs together is that the harmonies are simply stunning, you hear Mary and Flo throughout, and the song selection and material is not as familiar as all the many hits or even other LP selections. I think these could even be released in a 2-CD set with the Disney selections added as bonus tracks, as these albums were pretty short [[I'm thinking 30-35 minutes) in terms of track length.
    This seems like the most probable way of giving these anything close to an expanded edition, unless they go digital only for each one and do what they did with Funny Girl. No idea if there's anything left over from any of these sessions that we haven't gotten already, but I sure would love if they found something from the Sam Cooke sessions. I always wondered if they had recorded- or intended to record- "For Sentimental Reasons" since it was included in their medley for years. Liverpool is the one of the three I'm not much of a fan of [[though it has it's moments) but I love C&W and Sam Cooke.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This seems like the most probable way of giving these anything close to an expanded edition, unless they go digital only for each one and do what they did with Funny Girl. No idea if there's anything left over from any of these sessions that we haven't gotten already, but I sure would love if they found something from the Sam Cooke sessions. I always wondered if they had recorded- or intended to record- "For Sentimental Reasons" since it was included in their medley for years. Liverpool is the one of the three I'm not much of a fan of [[though it has it's moments) but I love C&W and Sam Cooke.
    Speaking of the Sam Cooke album...Mosogotam's extended version of "Shake" is just about the best thing you can listen to. Go find it on Youtube if you haven't already.

i ponder if GO Go does well if Baby Its Me will get a cd release???

I also got to spend an afternoon with Andy months ago, saw the booklet on the computer and got to hear a few things.. it took a while but its finally coming.. I was proud to be the one to point out that A Go Go was the first album on the Motown proper label to go to #1 on the mainstream Billboard Albums chart..and that this was the first ever 'girl group' album to go to #1 on that same chart

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Speaking of the Sam Cooke album...Mosogotam's extended version of "Shake" is just about the best thing you can listen to. Go find it on Youtube if you haven't already.
    I haven't heard it, but I'll give it a listen. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    To me, "Liverpool" sounds like it was recorded very, very quickly. It kind of reminds me of the "Heat Wave" album by the Vandellas. The arrangements are very similar, and they're very sparse sounding, and the vocals sound kind of hollow somehow. They both seemed like rush jobs to me. Even if you don't like the "C&W" album, it seems like more thought went into it and the vocals seem to be worked out for the specific harmonies of the girls. I also think the "Sam Cooke" material was just so well suited to the group at that time.

I agree Kenneth, the Liverpool lp was not my fav . a few good tracks but I would have preferred THERES A PLACE FOR US, but I do like the other to albums. there are some gems on both but the Country ...It Makes No Difference Now......check out Motown 1963 ,which is when the Country lp was recorded, on the Motown unreleased there are several alternate mixes from that lp.

I like A Bit of Liverpool and love A' Go-Go for a similar reason, namely that both albums connect Motown the the Mod style of British pop, much more than their other albums. Yes, Liverpool obviously was a rushed job and a cash-in [[but rightfully so, much of the Beatles early success was based on borrowing from the Motown sound) and probably could have been better with a more careful production, but it is a FUN album and so is A' Go-Go.

Any UK release date??

Here's something to watch while we wait for the deluxe edition of Supremes A Go-Go next month;

https://youtu.be/kW6Z3Vcar6I

Or other European countries?

Brent...thanks so much for your kind promotion [[*smile).

Just checking .... the mosogotam's SHAKE posted about two years ago? ...or is there something newer? Thanks!!!

The official announcement of The Supremes A Go Go Expanded Edition just went up in the last hour on Andy Skurow's Facebook page and the Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Edition's Facebook Page.

The release is still set for April 28th. The press release also says that there will be a 1966 Tour Booklet in the set in addition to the normal 24 page booklet.

I can't wait for this release. The promo on Andy's Facebook pages certainly make it look like the packaging is similar to what we're used to. But even if it isn't we get two 24 page booklets. This is a dream set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I like A Bit of Liverpool and love A' Go-Go for a similar reason, namely that both albums connect Motown the the Mod style of British pop, much more than their other albums. Yes, Liverpool obviously was a rushed job and a cash-in [[but rightfully so, much of the Beatles early success was based on borrowing from the Motown sound) and probably could have been better with a more careful production, but it is a FUN album and so is A' Go-Go.
    I totally agree. They are both really fun albums even though "Liverpool" doesn't hold up quite as well. I still remember that Summer of '66 when "You Can't Hurry Love" was Number 1 for 4 weeks in a row on WKNR [[Keener 13) in Detroit, and how exciting it was to see "A Go Go" in the stores.

I want to be spoiled again with lots of Expanded Editions! I hope this one sells great!

I noticed in the ad for "The Supremes A Go-Go [[Expanded)" that at least one of the two CD's is a picture disc image of the front album cover photo. If memory serves, Universal has never done this before in their Expanded Motown series. Really nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Here's something to watch while we wait for the deluxe edition of Supremes A Go-Go next month;

https://youtu.be/kW6Z3Vcar6I
    I like this one better ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    I like this one better ...

So do I! And it's good to see UME posting ads like these for this set.

So excited about this!

My local FYE has no listing for it. They looked at me like I had three heads [["Is that a movie?).

So far the only Amazon store in Europe that has a [[pricey) listing for Go Go is the German one:

https://www.amazon.de/Supremes-Go/dp...supremes+go+go

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    That's a glowing review. Only makes me Can't Wait ® even more.
    Has anyone come across track samples to listen to? Amazon usually has them but doesn't for this release.

Love the new alternate mix of Itchin' that's featured in the promo. The bass and drums sound really pumped up and the background vocals towards the end are much louder and are looped a few times...sounds great!

Thanks for review. I'm assuming only non Diana lead is Come and get these memories?

my all time fav supremes song LOVE IS AN ITCHING IN MY HEART.

wouldn't it be cool if this album went back to #1

I am so eager to hear this, you have no idea. I'm hoping clips will be available soon so I can whet my appetite even more. LOL, it feels like Christmas in April.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    wouldn't it be cool if this album went back to #1
    Yes. Yes it would. And it would be so fitting since this album represents a time when music was MUSIC. Who can NOT love the Motown Sound?

Here is the "official" press release with an accompanying song listing. Enjoy.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300430046.html