[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Hi Carlo, thanks for the info. I did check the ad was for the new expanded version, but that sometimes product is listed in error by vendors under the wrong heading. I have asked the vendor for confirmation.

cheers. Mike

The bonus studio banter on the new mixes is so fun. I just have to mention another one I love, at the end of "He's All I Got," with the guy saying "Thank you" and then Florence immediately says "Thank you!" Haha!

Didn't Florence say "that better be enough " after Diana said "that's enough" at end of Itching ..or something like that. Love the quips!

D: "Ain't that enough?"
    F: "Honey, if that ain't enough, that's too bad!"

I've come to look forward to the studio conversations on these releases. I think this was the best compilation of studio banter thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I was caught off guard by that! So hilarious! You gotta love Flo, she was so sassy!

so the first two lines in the booklet let us know that "A Go Go" was the first ever female group #1 album, AND the first number one album on the Motown label...both facts of which were donated to the cause by little old me! ..happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    so the first two lines in the booklet let us know that "A Go Go" was the first ever female group #1 album, AND the first number one album on the Motown label...both facts of which were donated to the cause by little old me! ..happy to help
    Andy mentioned this on John Perrone's Nightflight on Tuesday. Well done, sir. Well done.

yikes! very cool.. as i said, always happy to help

Wow, wow, wow!!! The Supremes A Go Go was a milesone not only in chart history but in Motown history. It's a gem in Motown's legacy!!!

Has anyone in the UK actually got their physical cop of A Go-Go yet - had mine on order from Amazon UK since 23 April and still no definite delivery date - I am told this will be delivered sometime between 17 May and 1 June

Mine arrived today from import CD link on page 6 of thread I cancelled my order with Amazon it's gone up to £34 !!! I paid $22 including delivery

It took 10 days, recommended to me by sophisticated soul and lake district lad thank you once again

Thank you dickiemint - I shall bookmark this for anything else I order in this category

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Giving Flo the last word! Wasn't that a fitting way to end this fantastic reissue package!

Lol. You're right. Perfect!! I didn't think of that. Go Flo!

honest man Guest
    Do n't let true love die has to be the best on this set, always loved this song but the newer version is unbeatable almost as good as Back In My Arms Again fantastic pairing ,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Do n't let true love die has to be the best on this set, always loved this song but the newer version is unbeatable almost as good as Back In My Arms Again fantastic pairing ,cheers
    I love "Don't Let True Love Die". Glad someone else digs it as much as I do.

I think the song is definitely good enough that it should have been a b-side and not stuck in the vaults all these years or even included on HDH instead of Heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yes, it is a really good song but, unfortunately, Mary’s and Flo’s talents are wasted. Holland and Dozier could have made better use of them and had an even better recording.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    Yes, it is a really good song but, unfortunately, Mary’s and Flo’s talents are wasted. Holland and Dozier could have made better use of them and had an even better recording.
    Funny, but that's one of the interesting elements to the recording for me. I usually get annoyed when Mary and Flo aren't used to their fullest capabilities [[see an earlier comment of mine somewhere in this thread) but on this record, like "Where Did Our Love Go", I think the toned down harmony adds to the charm. IMO nothing about "Don't Let True Love Die" is complicated. The lyrics, the lead, the background, the music track are all simple to my ears but come together so well.

I must be one of the few who don't care for "Don't Let True Love Die." It's an album filler, but compared to what was put on their albums they made a wise choice to let it sit in the vaults.

I am with you Brad. not a favorite of mine but I will have another listen.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I also love this song. Especially on the expanded edition. To me it could have been a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I must be one of the few who don't care for "Don't Let True Love Die." It's an album filler, but compared to what was put on their albums they made a wise choice to let it sit in the vaults.
    I agree. I think it's the worst track in this collection. I didn't even like it when it appeared on Never-Before-Released Masters.

Now that I've made a negative comment I might as well express my opinion of the A' Go-Go Expanded Edition. I think it is an excellent collection.

I have always loved A' Go-Go. Every song was fun and done well. Of course, I prefer the original versions of each song but I think the covers on A' Go-Go made for an enjoyable album. I have not played the album in it's entirety in years but all the songs from it are on my iPod and I never skip them and enjoy them immensely.

This Expanded Edition keeps the mood of the original album. Disc 2 is superb. The track ordering is perfect. I enjoy all the alternate versions and prefer some over the original releases that first appeared on Supremes albums and collections.

I'm not a fan of studio chatter but I think it works extremely well on this collection. I get the feeling of almost being in the studio. It's fun and fits the mood of A' Go-Go.

I am thankful that there are no LIVE performances. As much as I love Copa and Talk-of-the-Town I have had my fill.

The packaging is exceptional as are the two booklets.

I didn't think More Hits could be topped but A' Go-Go has done that.

Cheekylincs: The European release is this weekend so shipping in Europe will probably start then

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I also love this song. Especially on the expanded edition. To me it could have been a hit.
    I don't think it sounds like a hit, just a great album track. It should have replaced either "Heat Wave" or "It's the Same Old Song" on HDH.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Cheekylincs: The European release is this weekend so shipping in Europe will probably start then
    I have a updated delivery date now of 22 May so we will see

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I didn't think More Hits could be topped but A' Go-Go has done that.
    Agreed. This is the best one produced so far. I say that, even though the MTS and WDOLG sets are my absolute favorites because of the amount of unreleased material [[and I love early Supremes). In my mind it didn't take much to make those two sets great because we were getting stuff we hadn't heard before. Nearly everything on A Go-Go has been heard before, in some form or another, and yet the production skills of the guys putting it together makes it sound so fresh and new. I'm trying to relish in the newness of A Go-Go expanded, but I sure can't wait to see if the fellas can top this one with Sing HDH.

I am enjoying A Go Go, but am anxiously waiting for the Love Child album to be remastered. Love Child album is my Supremes' favorite, and it cemented my life-long devotion to Ms. Ross and her incredible voice. HDH is my second favorite album.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 05-17-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [[Mono LP)
    2. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) [[Mono LP)
    3. You Can't Hurry Love [[Mono LP)
    4. Shake Me, Wake Me [[When It s Over) [[Mono LP)
    5. Baby I Need Your Loving [[Mono LP)
    6. These Boots Are Made For Walking [[Mono LP)
    7. I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) [[Mono LP)
    8. Get Ready [[Mono LP)
    9. Put Yourself In My Place [[Mono LP)
    10. Money [[That's What I Want) [[Mono LP)
    11. Come And Get These Memories [[Mono LP)
    12. Hang On Sloopy [[Mono LP)
    13. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [[Stereo LP)
    14. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) [[Stereo LP)
    15. You Can't Hurry Love [[STEREO LP)
    16. Shake Me, Wake Me [[When It's Over) [[Stereo LP)
    17. Baby I Need Your Loving [[Stereo LP)
    18. These Boots Are Made For Walking [[Stereo LP)
    19. I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) [[Stereo LP)
    20. Get Ready [[Stereo LP)
    21. Put Yourself In My Place [[Stereo LP)
    22. Money [[That's What I Want) [[Stereo LP)
    23. Come And Get These Memories [[Stereo LP)
    24. Hang On Sloopy [[Stereo LP)
    25. Mickey's Monkey [[Bonus Track)
    26. It's Not Unusual [[Bonus Track)
    27. [[I Can t Get No) Satisfaction [[alternate vocal) [[Bonus Track)
    28. Uptight [[Everything's Alright) [[alternate vocal) [[Bonus Track)
    29. In My Lonely Room [[alternate mix) [[Bonus Track)

Disc: 2
    1. He s All I Got [[alternate vocal)
    2. [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave [[version 1)
    3. It's The Same Old Song [[version 1)
    4. Mother Dear version 3 [[alternate mix)
    5. Misery Makes It's Home In My Heart [[alternate mix)
    6. Can I Get A Witness [[alternate vocal)
    7. Don't Let True Love Die [[alternate vocal)
    8. Just A Little Misunderstanding [[alternate mix)
    9. Come On And See Me alternate mix
    10. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) [[alternate vocal)
    11. Money [[That's What I Want) [[alternate vocal)
    12. Put Yourself In My Place [[alternate vocal)
    13. These Boots Are Made For Walking [[alternate vocal)
    14. Hang On Sloopy [[alternate mix)
    15. Get Ready [[alternate mix)
    16. Slow Down [[alternate mix)
    17. What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted [[alternate mix)
    18. What The World Needs Now Is Love [[alternate mix)
    19. Blowin' In The Wind [[alternate mix)
    20. With A Child's Heart [[alternate vocal)
    21. Let The Music Play [[alternate mix)
    22. Shake Me, Wake Me [[When It's Over) [[Supremes & Four Tops Duet)
    23. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [[early versions the scratch it mix)
    24. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [[The SupreMix)

This is now currently available new on Amazon UK marketplace for
    A fair price!

I was never a fan of this album originally as I thought it was a rush job with some original Motown tracks and another dozen of rushed covers . it just sounded disjointed and uneven to me. I could never get into Cant Help Myself or Money....but now with the deluxe edition, the tracks have been remixed and it now sounds like it always meant to. I even like These Boots ......Kevin Reeves rocks it.
    although I would still have changed a few tracks out. this is a total home run. hope it does well . not sure if anyone knows about sales...but it would be cool if .....sales wise ....well I suppose we wont know but hope it does well for all envolved