[REMOVE ADS]

Help with a Spinners track

I saw a documentray, named Soul Power, about a concert in Zaire before The Rumble In The Jungle, between Muhammed Ali and George Foreman.

During it The Spinners sang a song, I think when they were rehearsing, that seemed very similar musically to James Brown's Hot Pants.

The lyrics went something along the lines of, I need love and I know that you need it too. Girl I'll build you up when you're feeling down and sit your feet on solid ground. Come in get it together, everybody get it together.

I don't know if they were just jamming, and it isn't one of their songs, but if it is, I would really like to know the name of the track, so if anyone knows it, could they let me know what it is please?

I recall the scene well, it seemed like just an ad lib jam with Phillippe leading. It wasn't on any of their albums.

Their best performance in the first film, "When We Were Kings," was "I'm Coming Home" which was edited heavily with scenes of people walking around instead of the true concert footage. Then again, it was better than the endless scenes of concert promoters complaining about everything on "Soul Power," which left out "I'm Coming Home" and any live performances by Sister Sledge and others. The movie could've been so much better, can't believe people thought we wanted to watch stoned out concert promoters complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    I recall the scene well, it seemed like just an ad lib jam with Phillippe leading. It wasn't on any of their albums.
    Their best performance in the first film, "When We Were Kings," was "I'm Coming Home" which was edited heavily with scenes of people walking around instead of the true concert footage. Then again, it was better than the endless scenes of concert promoters complaining about everything on "Soul Power," which left out "I'm Coming Home" and any live performances by Sister Sledge and others. The movie could've been so much better, can't believe people thought we wanted to watch stoned out concert promoters complaining.

Thanks for the info tsull.