[REMOVE ADS]

Where did A Go Go go?

Anyone know where A Go Go went?

We're a month into 2017 and I am still waiting patiently for my favorite Supremes Lp.

After waiting through 2016, we were told in mid-December that it was not released yet because of unforeseen circumstances. There seems to have been no further comment.

A went went?

Is A GO-GO A NO-NO?

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    Is A GO-GO A NO-NO?
    LOL Good one!

How about -

GO-GO A DODO?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    LOL Good one!
    I think we have to accept folks that apart from, maybe, the continuation of the vinyl EP sets and the usual "Greatest Hits/Best Of" type repackages appearing, Motown/UMe have no interest in any other Motown back catalogue reissues/releases on CD/LP/digital download formats. Sad but that's the way of the contemporary music world, unfortunately.

Ivor

Universal may not want to but there are tons of cd releases coming out on many artists from the past as I posted recently.

True Luke but not Motown [[with the exceptions I mention previously and the possible continuation of the "Unreleased" download series) to get the tracks into copyright. Just don't think the head honchos at Universal have any interest in the Motown back catalogue any longer. I think we are going to have to rely on third party reissue labels, unfortunately. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Ivor

Is A Go Go actually A Gone Gone? lol

Long Gone A go go. No one knows at this point. I think George posted a few months ago it was still coming.

I hear you Laser. Wouldn't it be great if Ace or a great reissue company bought the Motown catalogue? We would see Brenda live and the 4 Tops the rarities etc etc !!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I hear you Laser. Wouldn't it be great if Ace or a great reissue company bought the Motown catalogue? We would see Brenda live and the 4 Tops the rarities etc etc !!!
    It would be wonderful Luke. Let us hope it can somehow happen.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would rather have something on the Four Tops now.

I would very much like an expanded edition of "Reach Out!". I would be afraid they would be forced to go in chronological order, meaning we'd get it in 2072.

[[No offense to George or Andy. We all know they work very hard for us. We know their constraints).

If Diana Ross would get behind these Supremes' releases and promote them in her concerts and social media pages, the sales would greatly increase. Then, corporate leadership would have a bottom-line reason to spend the money to create and release them. I don't know if Diana earns any royalties from these new releases, but it certainly helps her legacy enormously. Forgotten Ross gems would be available for the world to purchase and love. Old fans and new would be remembering the awesomeness of Diana Ross, who sadly is largely forgotten nowadays.

But, we all know Diana only listens to her own faulty inner-voice when making career decisions.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 01-30-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    If Diana Ross would get behind these Supremes' releases and promote them in her concerts and social media pages, the sales would greatly increase. Then, corporate leadership would have a bottom-line reason to spend the money to create and release them. I don't know if Diana earns any royalties from these new releases, but it certainly helps her legacy enormously. Forgotten Ross gems would be available for the world to purchase and love. Old fans and new would be remembering the awesomeness of Diana Ross, who sadly is largely forgotten nowadays.
    Its really not her [[or any former Supreme's) job to promote catalog reissues. I'm sure Universal has a marketing department. That said, I have seen pages where Mary promotes the releases. And don't forget the get-together for the 70s Anthology set. Anyway, what would she say "go grab my latest album that was originally released 50 years ago that you probably have seven copies of anyway"?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    But, we all know Diana only listens to her own faulty inner-voice when making career decisions.
    Like when she faded into obscurity after 1970? Stop trying to stir the pot.

I agree with all of you. Diana could sell copies at her concerts and mention to her audience. She and Mary get royalties and Universal should consider themselves lucky to have one of the greatest catalogues in history and treat it with the respect it deserves. People still go crazy over Motown. The young people may not know all the names of artists but they sure know the word Motown.

Who would pay the merchandise person at her concerts? They would have to be on payroll and would have considerable travel expenses by joining her team on her tours. I doubt selling a dozen copies of a very niche reissue for $30 a pop at each show would justify the extra cost and logistics to Miss Ross. Plus, as much as I love our guys at Universal who work hard to deliver us product, even if selling/promoting these reissues had the potential to be a profitable venture for Miss Ross, I also doubt she would want to put in the effort for a corporate conglomerate who is not interested in keeping her as part of their current roster of recording artists. It's sort of like, "Oh we like the 'old you' but we don't want you to record anything new for us." It's frankly a slap in the face. She promoted the Forever Diana 4 CD box set for them back in the 90's. When it comes to most things, her attitude is "been there, done that". She just looks to the future, not the past, which is too bad, because it would have been nice to at least have had some input/interviews from her for the accompanying liner notes for these projects. They haven't even been able to get that out of her. Lol. Yet she was interviewed 10 years ago saying she had no idea about the "Blue" project. An all around strange and complicated situation.

As Mary's mother said "that's Diana being Diana " Mary sells stuff at her concerts. I never knew it was such a big deal.

Mary is able to consistently sell merch at her shows because she graciously makes herself available to her fans after the show. She signs for everyone, so people are more willing to purchase items. However, she sometimes has to sell these items herself if a staff person from the venue is unable to accommodate her. In some cases, fans who attended the show will gladly volunteer to help her sell merchandise at the table. People are happy to help her because she graciously makes herself available to her fans after the show.

I think you will be so-so happy with an a-go-go expanded release before too long. I also suspect it will be made available on CD - probably not in the lavish fold outs we've got used to but maybe in the same style as that Motortown Revue Live in Paris set with the plastic double CD case and still with a nice booklet. I don't mind waiting - I'm confident it will be worth it. There, I've stuck my neck out [[and they'll go and prove me wrong)!!!

shake me wake me when it released, cause baby I need some supreme lovin but it seems to be the same old song from Universal, and if they don't, our boots are made for walking, sorry I cant help myself,... cause my heart is itching for for a Go Go. this old heart of mine is hangin on sloopy. darn, but you just cant hurry universal. the way things are going Its going to be a Heatwave b4 it gets released. but only if universal would put themselves in our place. Can I get a witness? oh mother dear, just a little misunderstanding .
    I think Diana performing a medley from Go Go would be cool.

maybe they r waiting for our ladies B days in march

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I think you will be so-so happy with an a-go-go expanded release before too long. I also suspect it will be made available on CD - probably not in the lavish fold outs we've got used to but maybe in the same style as that Motortown Revue Live in Paris set with the plastic double CD case and still with a nice booklet. I don't mind waiting - I'm confident it will be worth it. There, I've stuck my neck out [[and they'll go and prove me wrong)!!!
    This is good news. I certainly hope you're correct.

Andy did say it would be out in early 2017. I still consider February and March to be early.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It would be wonderful Luke. Let us hope it can somehow happen.
    It would Luke but I suspect Universal would still want top dollar to sell the entire Motown catalogue to a company like Ace. Nice thought though.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Anyone know where A Go Go went?

We're a month into 2017 and I am still waiting patiently for my favorite Supremes Lp.
    If UMe hadn't shut down the Hip-O Select label [[or merged with Capitol-EMI), we would've had an 'expanded/remastered' Supremes A Go-Go for it's 50th Anniversary by now. It's clear that they are only interested in the Rock albums in their catalog for the deluxe treatment.

Did the cd releases of the Supremes in the late 80's and early 90's [[not the 2fers) not sell well? I would have thought they sold ok.....I remember I couldnt find them in the stores or even order most of them back in 1991. Matter of fact the only cd's I was able to get were I Hear A Symphony, Supremes A Go-Go, Reflections, and Join The Temptations. However, there were still several cassette albums still available. I would think these would sell ok even now?

Plus, I still think it would have been a better idea to have just release the albums stereo/mono on a single disc and then do a unreleased/outtakes box set later.

Rhonda Ross sells photos and cd's after her concert. She mentions it at least twice during her act. She also signs everything after the show. She, like most artists, PROMOTES her work.
    Her mother does not even make a single mention of her awesome new CD's just released. Most of her fans have no idea about the remastered stuff .... Her legacy is so great, but not known by most.

Diana being Diana is often not what the fans want. But, it is her career ..... it is her legacy.

I remember seeing Diana at Caesars Tahoe around the time of Secrets of a Sparrow and she had signed copies of her book being sold in the lobby.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 01-31-2017 at 03:02 PM.

The last time I saw Diana [[April 2016), I was surprised that there was very little merchandise for sale. She was selling SECRETS OF A SPARROW, and one shirt. Rhonda was on the bill as well, and her cd was being sold.

I do remember Diana selling the I LOVE YOU cd when that tour kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Did the cd releases of the Supremes in the late 80's and early 90's [[not the 2fers) not sell well? I would have thought they sold ok.....I remember I couldnt find them in the stores or even order most of them back in 1991. Matter of fact the only cd's I was able to get were I Hear A Symphony, Supremes A Go-Go, Reflections, and Join The Temptations. However, there were still several cassette albums still available. I would think these would sell ok even now?
    The CD reissues of The Supremes [[and other Motown artists from the '60s) sold well. In fact, when UMe set up the Hip-O Select label there were 'expanded/deluxe' editions of Where Did Our Love Go, More Hits by The Supremes, I Hear A Symphony & Live At The Copa [[as well as the 50th Anniversary Singles Collection & the two box sets covering the '70s Supremes). As I've said in another post, UMe has decided to focus on their rock catalog for now.

during one of Ross shows I saw she had photos of supremes expanded albums up on the screen behind her

Andy and Mary was just live on Facebook and Andy said The Supremes A Go Go is coming real soon. A release date will be given real soon! Finally some great news!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Andy and Mary was just live on Facebook and Andy said The Supremes A Go Go is coming real soon. A release date will be given real soon! Finally some great news!!
    Wheeeeee... credit cards are standing by!!!

Maybe she will have advanced copy at her NYC show tomorrow night and sell me one ! I can dream

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    If UMe hadn't shut down the Hip-O Select label [[or merged with Capitol-EMI), we would've had an 'expanded/remastered' Supremes A Go-Go for it's 50th Anniversary by now. It's clear that they are only interested in the Rock albums in their catalog for the deluxe treatment.
    Another example of how the MOTOWN sound gets scooted aside for the rock genre. The rock genre has it all already tons of magazine articles, dvds and documentaries and such. WE need the soul, MOTOWN especially to be given tons of releases, audio and visually.

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    Another example of how the MOTOWN sound gets scooted aside for the rock genre. The rock genre has it all already tons of magazine articles, dvds and documentaries and such. WE need the soul, MOTOWN especially to be given tons of releases, audio and visually.
    Not to be political, but pop-white has always [[wrongly) taken front and center to soul-black. Just sayin'. Otherwise, Ella Fitzgerald would be a national heroine.
    Last edited by thanxal; 02-03-2017 at 10:51 PM.

I asked Andy at Mary's show tonight for an advance copy ..not ready yet!

UMe just did a 'expanded & remastered' reissue series for New Edition and the solo acts/spinoffs [[digital download only) to tie-in with the group's Mini-Series on BET. So maybe if we can get a Mini-Series for The Supremes, we can look forward to deluxe reissues of their albums again.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    UMe just did a 'expanded & remastered' reissue series for New Edition and the solo acts/spinoffs [[digital download only) to tie-in with the group's Mini-Series on BET. So maybe if we can get a Mini-Series for The Supremes, we can look forward to deluxe reissues of their albums again.
    I wouldn't count on it. No one seems to care these days. If they aren't on their iPhones, no one notices. This generation is too self-absorbed. But then again, I heard that too! LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Excellent, thanks for the news! But do we know for sure that this will actually be released on CD?

yes there will be a cd release

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    yes there will be a cd release
    Thanks - fantastic news! Finally I can get excited about a new Diana/Supremes release. And if we do in fact get Diana‘s 1989-1999 Motown albums expanded on CD‘s this year or next, perhaps things are finally back on track with the re-issues.

hopefully we' ll see the Go Go cd sometime in 2017. I heard it was a breath away but good thing I am not holding my breath , I'd be dead. shake me wake me when it's released.
    seriously a release date?? would be nice but I guess 2017 is as good as maybe the don't know themselves. sorry to be negative. frustrating with universal.