[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Any recent information on KIM WESTON?

    Back in October of last year, Kim Weston was hospitalized and there was GoFundMe account established on her behalf. Kim turned 77 years old last month.

    Does anyone have any update on her condition, where she is, etc. Let's not forget her.

  2. #2
    Your query yesterday got me thinking the same thing Bill....wondering what her condition is currently after hearing about her illness several months ago. Hopefully someone "in the know" will give us an update.
    Darin

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    back in october of last year, kim weston was hospitalized and there was gofundme account established on her behalf. Kim turned 77 years old last month.

    Does anyone have any update on her condition, where she is, etc. Let's not forget her.
    still no response. Marv2 don't you have any connections to learn how she is doing? I would hate to see an obituary in the near future.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    still no response. Marv2 don't you have any connections to learn how she is doing? I would hate to see an obituary in the near future.
    I will see what I can find out

  5. #5
    I don't know anything but I hope she is alright. She is a Motown legend!

  6. #6
    I spoke to her on the phone at Christmas and she seemed to be getting better. Just last week, she mailed an autographed picture for my students. I hope this helps Woodward.

  7. #7
    Just wondering if anyone has any CURRENT information on Kim Weston. You never hear anything about her. Is she still performing, has she improved from her medical issues, etc. etc. Does she live in the Detroit Metropolitan area?

  8. #8
    Now that you mention Kim, I've been living on I GOT A WEAK HEART. Motown literally just dropped the ball. I'm not joking. Absolutely no excuse why actual great songs were canned and some garbage was released. https://youtu.be/yxEwYDQSmjo

  9. #9
    Last I heard, she's due to appear in Philadelphia on Saturday, January 26, 2019, with Brenda Holloway, The Miracles, plus others in Jerry Blavat's show at the Kimmell Center.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-24-2018 at 08:31 PM.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Now that you mention Kim, I've been living on I GOT A WEAK HEART. Motown literally just dropped the ball. I'm not joking. Absolutely no excuse why actual great songs were canned and some garbage was released. https://youtu.be/yxEwYDQSmjo
    When I heard this, I wondered about that specific drum beat going on- BOMP! Bomp-ba-bomp-bomp… Was this a new sort of beat Holland-Dozier-Holland was going to start using on newer songs? Very distinctive, but I never heard it anywhere else. Yeah, it seems criminal that a song as good as this and so many others and Kim couldn't even get one solo album release.

  11. #11
    I hear from Kims manager Eric from time to time. He's not mentioned any current health problems or other issues she's experiencing. She was involved in some local Detroit awards project a few months back, so I assume all is well and fine with her...

  12. #12
    Thanks. Here are the details of the upcoming event.

    https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-.../jerry-blavat/

  13. #13
    Kim appeared at the Detroit A Go Go the end of October and she seemed well when I talked with her.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    When I heard this, I wondered about that specific drum beat going on- BOMP! Bomp-ba-bomp-bomp… Was this a new sort of beat Holland-Dozier-Holland was going to start using on newer songs? Very distinctive, but I never heard it anywhere else. Yeah, it seems criminal that a song as good as this and so many others and Kim couldn't even get one solo album release.
    A pure SOUL stomper. The Andantes are also purely heavenly as always.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.