[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - One Woman: The Video Collection [FULL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    Thank you for posting this Ian. We had so much fun compiling this video. We also had plans to release an accompanying video containing tv performances and live performances, but the licensing issues proved too difficult an obstacle to overcome. Diana herself was delighted by this collection and she was actively involved in it's compilation. She expressed regret at not getting involved in the promotional video much earlier in her career, and i had to agree with her on that one. What could have been........

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Thank you for posting this Ian. We had so much fun compiling this video. We also had plans to release an accompanying video containing tv performances and live performances, but the licensing issues proved too difficult an obstacle to overcome. Diana herself was delighted by this collection and she was actively involved in it's compilation. She expressed regret at not getting involved in the promotional video much earlier in her career, and i had to agree with her on that one. What could have been........
    Being in the USA, I had to have a friend buy this for me while she was on vacation in England. Then I had to find a place to convert it from PAL to NTSC. In the end, it was worth it though. I only wish the idea of the accompanying video had been fulfilled.

this was not available in usa. but I got a copy! what could of been

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Being in the USA, I had to have a friend buy this for me while she was on vacation in England. Then I had to find a place to convert it from PAL to NTSC. In the end, it was worth it though. I only wish the idea of the accompanying video had been fulfilled.
    We did try Reese. I spent several weeks banging my head against a brick wall, or i may as well have done. It was so frustrating . It would have been a similar format to the REFLECTIONS dvd . Diana was excited by the idea and when i mentioned certain performances that i wanted to include she admitted she had totally forgotten about some of them. That confirmed to me that i knew more about her career than she did!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    We did try Reese. I spent several weeks banging my head against a brick wall, or i may as well have done. It was so frustrating . It would have been a similar format to the REFLECTIONS dvd . Diana was excited by the idea and when i mentioned certain performances that i wanted to include she admitted she had totally forgotten about some of them. That confirmed to me that i knew more about her career than she did!!
    That would have been awesome. Do you think it could ever happen in the future? How were they able to do the Supremes and the other Motown ones without the same licensing issues?

I never understand why it's so difficult to get DR videos out. Yet Streisand has about a dozen videos out.
    Is it greed???
    There are so many videos that could be.and Everytime we get close to a DVD the bottom falls out

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    That would have been awesome. Do you think it could ever happen in the future? How were they able to do the Supremes and the other Motown ones without the same licensing issues?
    It all depends upon who owns the copyright. We were able to license a few UK tv performances but performances of LOVE HANGOVER, REACH OUT AND TOUCH, ANMHE, MAHOGANY , and ENDLESS LOVE proved too difficult. Without those performances i felt it to be incomplete . Maybe i should have gone with what i had but it would have been criticised for not being definitive.

doesn't Motown own any of these. just don't get when it comes to DR we cant get anything. we get beatles,elvis,striesand..etc but I have faith . thank you Bluebrock

I think you were write in the long run. those r the big hits.