[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes rare interview in Netherlands ´68

I have never seen this before. Thanks for posting Ian.
    If looks could kill lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I have never seen this before. Thanks for posting Ian.
    If looks could kill lol.
    Me neither. Thank you from me too Ian.

Very interesting. Interviewer called her Diane who seemed to have to give permission to Mary and Cindy to speak. I guess Berry had already issued his edict!

An alternate view would be that Diana was being generous by directing the interviewer to Mary and Cindy. But I realize that any hint or whiff that the girls got along would seriously disrupt some rabid fans view of the world here in this forum.

Rather than being snarky say what u mean in a civilized manner. Berry had stated that only Diana could speak in interviews so Mary and Cindy did need permission. I said nothing against Diana but some rabid fans always have to read that into it.

Ok. Directly then. There are a few contributors who turn every single post about the Supremes into a Mary vs. Diana pie fight. I for one am tired of it.

If you listen to the real people who were there, nothing is ever made of that kind of silliness. Only the committed fans think of that stuff.

When the artists get together, all you hear is that they were so pleased to have been there and to have been a part of it; and they are HAPPY.

Wouldn't any of us have been happy to be part of it too?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    An alternate view would be that Diana was being generous by directing the interviewer to Mary and Cindy. But I realize that any hint or whiff that the girls got along would seriously disrupt some rabid fans view of the world here in this forum.
    I think Ross gets harder knocks than she deserves. It appears to me when viewing this that Ross felt sorry for the other two and puposefully directed the interviewer to them. Gordy may have decided that Ross was to do all the talking, but many have said that whenever Berry wasn't around, Ross worked better with her bandmates