[REMOVE ADS]

Ringling Bros. Circus Closing After More Than 100 Years!

The World is coming to an end.......

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/entert...ing/index.html

It's about time! 146+ years is more than excused time for the exploitation and abuse of
    wild animals and endangerment and occasional loss of human life , justified as
    "entertainment"...The Running Of The Bulls" in Spain would be a nice next! for me but I'm aware that could take another 100 plus....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    It's about time! 146+ years is more than excused time for the exploitation and abuse of
    wild animals and endangerment and occasional loss of human life , justified as
    "entertainment"...The Running Of The Bulls" in Spain would be a nice next! for me but I'm aware that could take another 100 plus....
    Oh Splanky, you're no fun! hehehehehehehehehehe!

Good! The exploitation of animals and the cruelty they endure is terrible. I could never stand Sea World, either. They always talked the talk of how well animals were taken care of. Bullshit....it was big business.

I hate animal mistreatment in any form!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hate animal mistreatment in any form!
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1385182
    I read this awhile back and it was heartbreaking. It's haunted me ever since. I volunteer at the local Humane Society and for a Rottweiler Rescue group. You know where my heart is.

So, they announce the first female ringleader in the history of the circus and two days later, they close down?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    So, they announce the first female ringleader in the history of the circus and two days later, they close down?
    LOL

Actually Ringling has had a female ringmaster, although she was a fill in. She did a great job and was well received by the public whenever she performed.

This decision is strictly business. Feld Entertainment operated two private trains that were in use basically 365 days of the years. Operating two private trains is an expensive proposition. Factor in all the other expenses of maintaining two circus units [[there use to be a third) and the cost is astronomical.

Concessions were the key to Ringling's financial success and low attendance meant less people buying overpriced toys for their kids. It's amazing it stayed in business as long as it did.

What do you mean the circus is closed,isn't the clubhouse still open??? Hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    What do you mean the circus is closed,isn't the clubhouse still open??? Hehehehe.
    HAHAHAHAH

Our circus is good to go, 24/7, 365 but remember, keep it on the down low! [[shhhhhhhh)