[REMOVE ADS]

Brenda Jones of the Jones Girls Killed

The Jones Girls were a trio of sisters from Detroit. They first recorded for GM Records. They also recorded for Philadelphia International Records with Gamble & Huff.

The sisters were Shirley, Valorie and Brenda. Valorie died in 2001.
    Brenda had retired from the group. Now Shirley is the last sister left of the trio.

Their biggest hit was "You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else," followed by "I Just Love That Man."

Condolences to Shirley and Family and may Brenda Rest In Peace.

Last edited by Vonnie Eli; 04-04-2017 at 09:45 PM.

I just spoke to Shirley, she is holding up as best as can be expected. The services for Brenda are going to be private; however she is planning for a memorial to be held in Detroit at a later date.

Thank you Vonnie.

Hi, Vonnie,

Please, send a great salute and an embrace to Shirley Jones on these sad moments from a true spanish Philly Sound lover.

Thanks

Thank you for the update. Keeping her and the family in prayer.

Thanks for the post Vonnie. I remember your name from when I first joined SDF.

I never seen a picture of the girls with their names underneath so, to I don't even know who's who.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    I never seen a picture of the girls with their names underneath so, to I don't even know who's who.
    I've not seen one either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    On the old forum I send a scanned pick from the inner sleeve of Leon Huff's "Here To Create Music" vynil [[PIR, 1980) with the names of the three sisters left to right [[they made the background vocals with McFadden & Whitehead, The Futures, Walter Williams, Eddie Levert and Teddy Pendergrass). If you search the Shirley's solo albums on the web [["Always In The Mood"), you'll know her. The other two, I'm not totally sure at this moment who is Valorie and who is Brenda [[I don't have here my old vynils!)

There's a famous picture of them with Diana Ross but the best I have seen is the names listed but not in a L-R order

Name:  Jones Girls 600 Brenda Jones.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  14.1 KB

Brenda Jones

Here is a link to a picture of the girls with their names. I finally can put that to rest now: https://img.discogs.com/r39kn5MxW6Rc...68278.jpeg.jpg