[REMOVE ADS]

Jim brown for trump??

I'm hearing reports that football legend jim brown has come out in favor of donald trump,has anyone else heard this?

Yep. File it under "Say It Ain't So." He's been making the news channel rounds singing his praises. The very LAST person I would have imagined would do so. Saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'm hearing reports that football legend jim brown has come out in favor of donald trump,has anyone else heard this?
    That interesting because he attended a private fundraiser for Hillary Clinton in Youngstown Ohio last year.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/nov/1...ill-clinton-j/
    Last edited by marv2; 01-19-2017 at 11:39 AM.

It's being said that perhaps brown was hurt at not meeting with obama during his presidency,and perhaps he's looking for one more battle to fight,very sad.

He has long been against the grain, saying that he wasn't a fan of Dr. King because he wasn't for "praying and begging for my rights". This article has a lot more about his history of being both pro civil rights and contrary to a lot of its leaders.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/un...-donald-trump/

I love how when Steve Harvey, Kanye West, Jim Brown, and others of their kind meet with him, they wash his nuts in public but never address his chief strategists being strong proponents of the White supremacist [[forget that 'alt-right' crap) movement. If his advisers are racist, then that means he is open to following the advice of people who wish ill on people of color. Screw him. And screw Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    He has long been against the grain, saying that he wasn't a fan of Dr. King because he wasn't for "praying and begging for my rights". This article has a lot more about his history of being both pro civil rights and contrary to a lot of its leaders.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/un...-donald-trump/

I love how when Steve Harvey, Kanye West, Jim Brown, and others of their kind meet with him, they wash his nuts in public but never address his chief strategists being strong proponents of the White supremacist [[forget that 'alt-right' crap) movement. If his advisers are racist, then that means he is open to following the advice of people who wish ill on people of color. Screw him. And screw Jim.
    Fascinating article; I had no idea of his history of such sentiment. And he better keep John Lewis' name out of his mouth. Shameful.

Jim brown has always been controversial and a ego maniac,remember back when he was[advising]poor duane thomas,heck it wasn't because he cared that much for the young brother...he was afraid that the kid would one day break his rushing record.

And you have sympathy for Duane Thomas? You?!

Just kidding. But if you look back at his history of activism, you'll find that he was more about self-promotion than leadership from the beginning. More words than action.

Yes,ali let his actions speak for him,i wonder if jim brown would've put his career on the line rather then serve in the army.