[REMOVE ADS]

MissLish Guest

2010 Promises UNkept!

1. Motown 50 [[Including Marv2's hush-hush Motown 50 special)

2. TopDiva's Tony Turner Interview

3. Miss PSP's [[RedHot) detailed report on all of her up close and personal encounters with Evan Ross. [[Or, did Miss Lish miss this one?)

Good Thread Miss Lish

1. Mary Wislon Holland brothers produced CD

James

I think we were told that Mary will be including songs from the HDH album on her forthcoming UK tour [[with the Chi-Lites).

Quote Originally Posted by MissLish View Post
    1. Motown 50 [[Including Marv2's hush-hush Motown 50 special)

2. TopDiva's Tony Turner Interview

3. Miss PSP's [[RedHot) detailed report on all of her up close and personal encounters with Evan Ross. [[Or, did Miss Lish miss this one?)
    Speaking solely for myself, you are lying and need to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    James

I think we were told that Mary will be including songs from the HDH album on her forthcoming UK tour [[with the Chi-Lites).
    Hi John
    Thanks for the info ---Lets plan a month this year to visit.

The big loss over the last couple of years has been Motown 50.

The artists are getting old or gone or unable to perform and there are only a very few that attract much attention.

I don't think there is a market for books or TV specials anymore.

We are mostly left with specialized Hip O product and fortunately, us old stalwarts, waving the Motown flag and chewing the Motown fat.

lol@chewing the motown fat

but i fear you are right. motown 50 was the last opportunity to generate a bigger general attention. when motown turns 60 more of our stars will have gone and there is no chance to start anything big on TV when maybe only lionel richie, diana ross and debarge are still alive and all of the 60s stars have died.

i thought d.ross was a 60's star.
    cant help thinking this threads about to go down hill fully loaded like the thread title

diana ross was also a star in the 70s and early 80s. i just wanted to make a point that most of the original motown stars are already old, many have died and there won´t be many around for a big motown 60 celebration.

soulstevie,i agree with you,a good point

thanks tamla617

Oh for the love of God. Miss Lish, you have been given nothing because that's what you deserve. Now, Rob... there's ALWAYS intrest in a million different things, old tv shows, music specials... whatever. Some of it is small interest, but you take lots of small interest, and it adds up to big money. After all, ebay only makes a few cents on each auction. I see a day in the next 10-20 years, when virtually ANY TV show or tv special will be available for purcahse or download. It's possible that shows can be part of a subscription based service. But the temptation of making money off of something you thought was long dead to you financially was just too great. Originally, a show had to have a certain degree of popularity to make manufacture of hard disc media economically feasible, but in the digital age, that requirement will no longer be an issue.

MissLish Guest
    Actually my darling, jillfoster, the promises that were UNkept were made to the Forum, not specifically to Miss Lish. Are you inferring that the Site, in addition to Miss Lish are undeserving?

Actually my darling, jillfoster, the promises that were UNkept were made to the Forum, not specifically to Miss Lish. Are you inferring that the Site, in addition to Miss Lish are undeserving?

You are a liar and attempting your hardest to be a troublemaker.

Count to ten, go wash yer mouths with soap and then DON'T start again, childish ones!

De mouth needs more dan de soap..............

Be cool, gang. Be cool....

MissLish Guest
    Yes! PLEASE STAY POSITIVE!!

olamaebarto Guest
    Yes! PLEASE STAY POSITIVE!!
    WWBD?

What Would Bozo Do?

iconicpuff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    WWBD?

What Would Bozo Do?
    Well, he put me on ignore......or was that Tony Turner/TopDiva. I get mixed up as they look so alike!

Occasionally Jobeterob gives the dog a bone.........but it's not always appreciated by everyone! Generally, the bone gets taken big time. Sometimes I get in trouble.

But Tony's posts can be right on. Diva's are great. I figured out recently who Diva is! We love Diva.

Who is Diva?

LOL..............................I forgot about this post. I figured it out accidentally on Facebook the other day. I can't spell it out publicly; but privately I could speculate.

Penny..............I'm sure you too are somebody special who we'd love. I remember the Avon wit; hardly anyone has that.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Occasionally Jobeterob gives the dog a bone.........but it's not always appreciated by everyone! Generally, the bone gets taken big time. Sometimes I get in trouble.

But Tony's posts can be right on. Diva's are great. I figured out recently who Diva is! We love Diva.

You are great and I thank you so very much!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    LOL..............................I forgot about this post. I figured it out accidentally on Facebook the other day. I can't spell it out publicly; but privately I could speculate.

Penny..............I'm sure you too are somebody special who we'd love. I remember the Avon wit; hardly anyone has that.
    Thank you for keepin it confidential - as Nona Hendryx says.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Be cool, gang. Be cool....

They won't - some are just here to make trouble, not exchange information or ideas, and I guess I will have to learn who they are, as they reveal themselves. I chose to rise above the drama and ignore, and as you suggest Ralpht " BE COOL"!!!! Thanks again.

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    They won't - some are just here to make trouble, not exchange information or ideas, and I guess I will have to learn who they are, as they reveal themselves. I chose to rise above the drama and ignore, and as you suggest Ralpht " BE COOL"!!!! Thanks again.

How benevolent; we really are not worthy.

iconicpuff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    'As they reveal themselves'????? Though not, one would imagine, as obviously as you reveal yourself to be Tony Turner!

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iconicpuff View Post
    'As they reveal themselves'????? Though not, one would imagine, as obviously as you reveal yourself to be Tony Turner!

Ironic, isn't it?

Ralph, this thread can always be locked. Just sayin...

MissLish Guest
    And another option might be that grown folks who don't appreciate it, choose not to look in. Censorship is evil!

olamaebarto Guest
    And another option might be that grown folks who don't appreciate it, choose not to look in. Censorship is evil!
    That might be too hard for some peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    That might be too hard for some peeps.
    Censorship is important for children, particularly ones that constantly bicker about stupid stuff.

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Censorship is important for children, particularly ones that constantly bicker about stupid stuff.

Baby, if it's not your cup of tea; then why bother yourself? I self censor myself all over this site everyday and in every way. If I'm not interested in a topic, or the people discussing it, I don't go there. Simple. I learned a long time ago, once I had reached adulthood, I can't control other people's behavior, but I can control how I react to it. You might want to consider my lead; it's how an adult would handle the situation.
    Last edited by MissLish; 01-19-2011 at 07:59 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Ralph, this thread can always be locked. Just sayin...

And i am just agreeing

I'll leave this for the time being, but you guys gotta know this thread is on very thin ice.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I'll leave this for the time being, but you guys gotta know this thread is on very thin ice.
    I am learning to control my temper from you, Thanks - for it is a lesson I need I have been just as silly as many others, so I better own it now.

Thanks again, Ralph.

And thank you, TopDiva.

Baby, if it's not your cup of tea; then why bother yourself? I self censor myself all over this site everyday and in every way. If I'm not interested in a topic, or the people discussing it, I don't go there. Simple. I learned a long time ago, once I had reached adulthood, I can't control other people's behavior, but I can control how I react to it. You might want to consider my lead; it's how an adult would handle the situation.
    I was interested in the topic, but it quickly degenerated into a catfight. That is a waste of time and bandwidth. Best thing to do is use that ignore feature. It works great. Now when someone thinks they are chastising me for posting something they don't like, I don't have to read it. It's obvious to me the person I have to block can't accept differences of opinion, and think they are right, so there's no sense in engaging in such a person. It keeps the peace.

topdiva1 Guest
    I was interested in the topic, but it quickly degenerated into a catfight. That is a waste of time and bandwidth. Best thing to do is use that ignore feature. It works great. Now when someone thinks they are chastising me for posting something they don't like, I don't have to read it. It's obvious to me the person I have to block can't accept differences of opinion, and think they are right, so there's no sense in engaging in such a person. It keeps the peace.

Great advice - I AM LEARNING. THANKS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by topdiva1; 01-20-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Will we have a "2011 Promises UNKept" thread that includes Flo Ballard's epic bio movie?