[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd love for ACE to backtrack and give a physical treatment to releases that have at this point been digital only, such as "Funny Girl" by DRATS.

As far as the Mary Wilson release, it makes sense. It's something that Mary's fans have wanted for decades, and I would wager would be a good seller, if they included unreleased tracks.

As far as my opinion on the album itself, it was totally the wrong direction at the wrong time; only released to satisfy lawsuits.
    If they were released on CD, I, too, would re-purchase DR&TS "Funny Girl", as well as a first-time CD purchase of Mary's solo album.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    There are easily enough Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons un-released Motown tracks [[40+) for a double CD release. Yes I love most of their Motown work so would definitely welcome that. Might be one for Real Gone [[USA though)?
    Wow! I had no idea there are still so many FV&TheFS unreleased tracks sitting idly in the Motown vaults. I, too, love most of their Motown recordings. [[I remember all too well there are some who don't, but, hey, that's their prerogative.) Like you, I would gladly buy the remainder of their unreleased Motown tracks if they were released [[preferably on CD).
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 01-10-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

When I listen to a group I just have to know who is singing which bit, so I think I have managed to work out who-is-who when it comes to The Originals.
    Well, Tom, in that case, if...no, "WHEN" The Originals' "There's a Chance When You Love You'll Lose" comes out on CD, I'll be countin' on you to set us strait about whose singing those lead vocals! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Well, Tom, in that case, if...no, "WHEN" The Originals' "There's a Chance When You Love You'll Lose" comes out on CD, I'll be countin' on you to set us strait about whose singing those lead vocals! LOL!!!
    Hehehehe, sure Gary, I'd be glad to... In fact, I can't wait for it!!!

I hope I can live up to expectations... lol

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hehehehe, sure Gary, I'd be glad to... In fact, I can't wait for it!!!

I hope I can live up to expectations... lol
    I have no doubt that you will, Tom!!!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 01-10-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Thought the Supremes 60 vault was empty. ? Maybe new found treasure. I'm still waiting on AGo Go and Ross 78

There are easily enough Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons un-released Motown tracks [[40+) for a double CD release. Yes I love most of their Motown work so would definitely welcome that. Might be one for Real Gone [[USA though)?
    Cough, cough...<heart attack>...
    Are you kidding???? I love FV&FS and their Motown work is some of my favorite. Please let us know if anything ever happens with this!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd love for ACE to backtrack and give a physical treatment to releases that have at this point been digital only, such as "Funny Girl" by DRATS.

As far as the Mary Wilson release, it makes sense. It's something that Mary's fans have wanted for decades, and I would wager would be a good seller, if they included unreleased tracks.

As far as my opinion on the album itself, it was totally the wrong direction at the wrong time; only released to satisfy lawsuits.
    I second both of these. I ripped Mary's solo album to mp3, changed the pitch and tempo slightly and work out everyday to it. Although we all know its limitations, it has an infectious beat. She makes that insanely boring treadmill time fly right by.

In regard to Carolyn Crawford, there is also her Philly International sides, plus an unreleased album in the can at Philly International. Her two solo Bohanon produced albums did come out on cd, but I don't think they are readily available any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown1050 View Post
    In regard to Carolyn Crawford, there is also her Philly International sides, plus an unreleased album in the can at Philly International. Her two solo Bohanon produced albums did come out on cd, but I don't think they are readily available any longer.
    You can find them on Amazon as well as other sites, but they are listed under CAROLINE Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Wow! I had no idea there are still so many FV&TheFS unreleased tracks sitting idly in the Motown vaults. I, too, love most of their Motown recordings. [[I remember all too well there are some who don't, but, hey, that's their prerogative.) Like you, I would gladly buy the remainder of their unreleased Motown tracks if they were released [[preferably on CD).
    Neither did i!! Surely there is a big enough market for this to warrant a release? Maybe there are legal implications which are holding up some other releases too.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Thought the Supremes 60 vault was empty. ? Maybe new found treasure. I'm still waiting on AGo Go and Ross 78
    It is nearly empty, but not quite. There have been a handful of recent discoveries so i am told as well as the Disney album, alternate versions and live recordings of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Cough, cough...<heart attack>...
    Are you kidding???? I love FV&FS and their Motown work is some of my favorite. Please let us know if anything ever happens with this!
    Guys you may wish to know that there is a Facebook group -
    The Four Seasons Motown Unreleased Campaign
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1049892628364291/

How do you fancy "What Love Has Joined Together" or "Save The Children" - produced by Al Cleveland and Lawrence Payton? Or - just maybe - "My Eyes Adored You" [[an early version?). Have a look in the files section of the Facebook Group. Mowest and Motown stuff.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 01-12-2017 at 06:49 PM.

And here's one example from YouTube - "Hymn to Her". There are others on YouTube.

And here's one example from YouTube - "Hymn to Her". There are others on YouTube.

Hey, that's really pretty, mysterysinger! In Motown mastertape sound quality, without the constant groan of the acetate in the background, I can easily picture myself loving that tune. And it was unexpectedly cool to see Harry peeking through at the end of the video! Hey, Harry! Long time no talk!

Guys you may wish to know that there is a Facebook group -
    The Four Seasons Motown Unreleased Campaign
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1049892628364291/

How do you fancy "What Love Has Joined Together" or "Save The Children" - produced by Al Cleveland and Lawrence Payton? Or - just maybe - "My Eyes Adored You" [[an early version?). Have a look in the files section of the Facebook Group. Mowest and Motown stuff.
    I am not on facebook so i was unaware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am not on facebook so i was unaware of this.
    Well, there's also this site too...
    http://thatfourseasonssound.typepad....wn-unreleased/

Lessee...who else would be awesome....under Motown...and Kent's Northern Soul thing....lesser but with potential forgotten gems to be re-polished....

Ooh Ooh...has there ever been an all-Liz Lands thing yet?

Liz Lands? Not one for me.

Perhaps ACE's next release is Supremes A Go Go expanded?

Well, there's also this site too...
    http://thatfourseasonssound.typepad....wn-unreleased/
    Thank you for that. I shall get on the case!!