[REMOVE ADS]

INCOGNITO featuring Jocelyn Brown & Maysa NIGHTS OVER EGYPT

THIS PERFORMANCE MADE MY DAY!!!

Very "High inergy / bombastic" live version [[they have many others on the so many live performances, with Maysa on leads or Imany,...). I have the "original" by Incognito on their "No Time Like The Future" excellent album [[and, of course the real original by The Jones Girls). But, IMHO, the definitive "super - high inergy" cover is the one on the Incognito 2001 CD "The Future Remixed" [[TalkinŽLoud, 2001) that seems the same of the "No Time Like The Future" album remixed by Masters At Work. SUBLIME!

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Very "High inergy / bombastic" live version [[they have many others on the so many live performances, with Maysa on leads or Imany,...). I have the "original" by Incognito on their "No Time Like The Future" excellent album [[and, of course the real original by The Jones Girls). But, IMHO, the definitive "super - high inergy" cover is the one on the Incognito 2001 CD "The Future Remixed" [[TalkinŽLoud, 2001) that seems the same of the "No Time Like The Future" album remixed by Masters At Work. SUBLIME!
    I think i would agree with you manny. Nothing will ever beat the Jones Girls original, but the masters at work remix of this is pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think i would agree with you manny. Nothing will ever beat the Jones Girls original, but the masters at work remix of this is pretty damn good.
    In fact, I should to confess that I discovered Incognito in a Jazz-Funk VV. AA. compilation that includes their cover of Ronnie Laws "Always There" [[featuring Jocelyn Brown) and little after I found in a music store the CD "Future Remixed",... so this album have a "plus value" to me,... was the first. There's so many mellow numbers [[as "Marrakesh") and hypnotic rhythm numbers as the mentioned cover of "Nights Over Egypt" or the fantastic "Port Louis" [[that NOT belongs to no one album!) with a nice part of brazilian "cuica"!!
    Last edited by manny; 01-08-2017 at 09:41 AM.

I agree that, while no one will ever top The Jones Girls' version, this is outstanding. Two great voices. Thanks for this.