[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Reel Music Records

http://myreelmusic.com/

Is anyone familiar with this relatively new record label? I have a couple of their CDs and they sound fantastic.

I really hope to see good things from them.

Reel Music is fantastic. So is Big Break Records. They're at the top of my list of boutique labels with exceptional product.

Reel Music is putting out all the greats that the big boys won't. Well done Mr Williams.

padlock1 Guest
    Reel Music reissued Goddess Of Love by Phyllis Hyman. i'm very happy with it. it completed my CD collection of hers. i have all 9 albums now on CD.

I still gotta get "Goddess of Love"!

I have the Chris Clark reissue from Reel and the sound quality is really good. Reel Music has superb sound quality. You can tell a lot of effort and care goes into the releases.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I still gotta get "Goddess of Love"!

Reel Music has superb sound quality. You can tell a lot of effort and care goes into the releases.
    i agree. and the best part. they are open to future release suggestions. i said i wanted Syreeta's Set My Love In Motion and Betty Wright's Wright Back At You amongst others.

Reel Music's main man is Paul Williams, who served as RCA Victor's reissue producer for several pop & soul releases in the 1990s. His work is excellent and the sound quality of the discs he's remastered & produced is stellar.

Kevin Goins - KevGo

I bought Yvonne Fair THE BITCH IS BLACK and Gloria Jones SHARE MY LOVE re-issues from them, and they are both excellent! Sound quality is top notch, and the packaging Superb. Getting Bettye Lavettes TELL ME LIE next, then will get Phyllis Hyman, as I love her voice too...PAULO XXX

Reel

Forgot that I also bought CHRIS CLARKS SOUL SOUNDS..Ditto the above..Paulo XXX

Paulo

Save yourself big money in the future by getting yourself Gordon Staples, Freda Payne and Edna Wright now at a good price. But still play the Miracles first.

Gloria Scott's album is a real good one to add to the list.

And should Paul Williams ever ask for suggestions for future releases, I want you to say "Leslie Uggams please Paul". Thank you our young SDF-er. BTW, did you move from Canada yesterday....are you still in transit? LOL

Thanks 4 the info. Hey, how did you know I have the Leslie Uggams album? And YES I will request that, and the Lesley Gore album too. I dont have that one..Paulo xxx

They've also reissued Eddie Hazel's Game Dames album from 1977, and the first two albums by the P-Funk spin off act Parlet.