[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wonder_woman Guest

What's your favourite song from 2016

Released in 2016 my favourite song is:

Bobby Oroza - This Love Pt.1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWiAgaUvHf4

Starboy by The Weeknd:

Favorite from 2016...umm,ok,umm,just a minute-let me think-it's umm...???-i got it-i thought i had it-err-umm....oh it just came me...there ain't one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Favorite from 2016...umm,ok,umm,just a minute-let me think-it's umm...???-i got it-i thought i had it-err-umm....oh it just came me...there ain't one!!!
    Lol, arr&bee, so true

I tried real hard too but I couldn't do it

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! LOL!!!

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I can say that I hate "Cheap Thrills" by Sia slightly less than anything else released. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamla Junkie View Post
    I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I can say that I hate "Cheap Thrills" by Sia slightly less than anything else released. Does that count?
    Lol
    Unfortunately I do hate that song as much as anything else on the radio, for some reason I find the way she says "hit the dancefloor" INCREDIBLY annoying... Hehe

I can bring myself to say that I "like" [[and that's it) Bruno Mars' "24K Magic", although I prefer "Uptown Funk" from 2014. I'm a bit sick of both of them to be honest though!!

I do like Bruno's song "Perm" from his 24K Magic album, I have to say!

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-29-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Lol
    Unfortunately I do hate that song as much as anything else on the radio, for some reason I find the way she says "hit the dancefloor" INCREDIBLY annoying... Hehe

I can bring myself to say that I "like" [[and that's it) Bruno Mars' "24K Magic", although I prefer "Uptown Funk" from 2014. I'm a bit sick of both of them to be honest though!!

I do like Bruno's song "Perm" from his 24K Magic album, I have to say!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  21.1 KB
    A song from 2016? I couldn't even name ONE song from this year. I'd be hard pressed to name 5 songs first recorded after 1972. The last new song I liked VERY much was recorded in 1966. I don't think I could name a song recorded after 1974, other than those that I worked on with Airwave and Airwave International Records in the early 1980s [[and I'd have to work hard to remember half of those.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    A song from 2016? I couldn't even name ONE song from this year. I'd be hard pressed to name 5 songs first recorded after 1972. The last new song I liked VERY much was recorded in 1966. I don't think I could name a song recorded after 1974, other than those that I worked on with Airwave and Airwave International Records in the early 1980s [[and I'd have to work hard to remember half of those.
    hehehehehehehehehehe.........!!!!

a song from 2016? I couldn't even name one song from this year. I'd be hard pressed to name 5 songs first recorded after 1972. The last new song i liked very much was recorded in 1966. I don't think i could name a song recorded after 1974, other than those that i worked on with airwave and airwave international records in the early 1980s [[and i'd have to work hard to remember half of those.
    yeah...what he said!!!

I noticed that all of the songs that people picked here are featuring other artists besides the main one. LOL!

I removed my post about "Adele 25" because I realized it was released in 2015. My bad.

Lol
    Robb, the annoying thing for me is that I will have heard a song about fifteen-thousand-gazillion times on the radio but if you were to ask me what it was called and who it was by I would almost definitely have absolutely NO IDEA

The one above by Sia, for example, I must have heard at least 200 times, and I didn't even know it was called "Cheap Thrills", or that it was by Sia, or that it featured some guy called Sean Peal.

Crazy
    LOL

My "last" favorite song is perhaps from 1996 by Incognito or little after [[2000?) by Carmen Lundy or the "Call My Name" CD by Joe Bataan... [[I'm a "troglodyte"...??!!)

"Me and Your Mama" - Childish Gambino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZCsgcKa-gg

I don't have a single favorite song of 2016; I heard and liked a lot of stuff including the
    Childish Gambino album and Solange's A Seat At The Table release. Cranes In The Sky
    was well done. Considering how closed some folks are to new or newer music around these
    parts, sophisticated, I wouldn't sweat posting stuff from 2015, hell, my Somi and Alice Smith
    releases from that year are still in heavy rotation in my devices.
    BTW, many, Carmen Lundy didn't stop working in the year 2000, not by a longshot. I'm always both amazed and amused by people who entertain the notion that music has no validity after a certain date or outside of a certain genre. Whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I don't have a single favorite song of 2016; I heard and liked a lot of stuff including the
    Childish Gambino album and Solange's A Seat At The Table release. Cranes In The Sky
    was well done. Considering how closed some folks are to new or newer music around these
    parts, sophisticated, I wouldn't sweat posting stuff from 2015, hell, my Somi and Alice Smith
    BTW, many, Carmen Lundy didn't stop working in the year 2000, not by a longshot. I'm always both amazed and amused by people who entertain the notion that music has no validity after a certain date or outside of a certain genre. Whatever....
    Splanky, I just read that Childish Gambino is Danny Glover's son.

DON'T MEAN TO SOUND LIKE AN OLD CLOSED MINDED FOGEY[although it's highly possible that I am,hehe]ALTHOUGH I DO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO SO CALLED TOP TEN STATIONS,IF NOT FOR MY DAUGHTER[THE MILLENNIAL]I WOULDN'T KNOW MANY OF THESE ARTIST.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Splanky, I just read that Childish Gambino is Danny Glover's son.
    I don't know where you read that, Marv, because as far as I know,
    Gambino aka Donald Glover, is not related to the actor at all...
    Jai, stand your fogey ground. Not everybody is a tuneaholic like splank,
    I've come to accept that. Still, nothing new since 72 as robb said?
    I've have to have gone deaf for that...

I don't know where you read that, Marv, because as far as I know,
    Gambino aka Donald Glover, is not related to the actor at all...
    Jai, stand your fogey ground. Not everybody is a tuneaholic like splank,
    I've come to accept that. Still, nothing new since 72 as robb said?
    I've have to have gone deaf for that...
    I am sorry. I misread his bio. His dad is named Donald Glover.

No harm, no foul, man. I've been wrong or unknowing to certain facts about even my most
    favorite singers and musicians. Even on this forum...

BTW, the thing to note about Childish Bambino's album is the guy is a rapper and this is
    the first time he actually sings throughout it. No, he won't be impressing Al Green, stunning
    Tre Williams or besting the completely overlooked Ryan Shaw but with the direction of the music he made a fun listen in the least. Queen Latifah still made that turn years back and I'm
    still trying to configure Macy Gray new incarnation as a jazz singer, but that's fodder for a
    different discussion....

"Cranes In The Sky" Solange

Or "Been To The Moon" Corinne Bailey Rae

Hello again to every one and happy New Year!

hey, Spankly, I knows about Carmen Lundy, she still on the business, but after her "Self portrait" and "Old Devil Moon" consecutive albums in the 90's I don't have found nothing of my taste.

I wanna add to the previous mentions some things by Maysa, the last mini-album by Incognito with some classic jazz-funk covers [[as the one of Donald Byrd, "Love Has Come Around"), the collection of 3 albums by VV.AA. hosted by Guru [[Jazzmatazz serie), US 3, the last albums by Mike Oldfield, the albums by Le Cirque du Soleil, Dido, Soul Society feat. Roy Ayers & Maceo Parker,... those stuff are from between mid 90's and around 2010.

I know these are 2015 songs [[close enough for me) but I also like "Bills" by LunchMoney Lewis and Gladys Knight's latest single "Just A Little"

wonder_woman Guest
    I also love this tune from 2016 'Benjamin & The Right Direction - Dreamin's For Free'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAebQyU3V8

I just watched "Top of the Pops 2016" and I didn't enjoy one thing on it.

My thoughts on new music probably run more closely to Splanky's.

I actually saw Ryan Shaw at Artscape a few years ago.....and liked him a lot.
    Splanky turned me on the Tre and I like a lot of what I hear from Anthony Hamilton and John Legend. My youngest grand keeps me posted on most of the "mainstream" pop and hip hop that's out there......while my oldest is more into either music a little on the fringe or fringe music by known quantities such as Kendrick Lamar.
    I like Frank Ocean also....and Rih Rih's last album.

But I still got Soul cred. When I was out picking up some bubbly last Friday, I noticed that the music shifted from a 50's RnB tune to Marvin's Grapevine. I asked the guy in the store what satellite station he was playing because the one's I'm familiar with don't usually mix it up like that.

He said it was really satellite, but Pandora. Then he added, "It's a station by Brenton Wood."

I replied, "O...the Oogum Boogum guy."
    He said, "you're the first person I've met that actually knew who he was."
    I said "Thanks.....but you should say 'is'..... to the best of my knowledge he's still around."

^All right for Brenton Wood! Now THAT'S a truly unsung artist. "...Oogum Boogum..." and "Gimme Little Sign" alone---man, the memories!

Big Sean - Bounce Back

I quite like some of the stuff by the group Galantis... their work has a funky "nu-disco" feel to it...

From 2015 but oh well...

I'm always happy to hear new music that's got some soul/funk vibes going on. Here are a few of my favorites from this year!

Obviously, I'm PUMPED that this live Dennis Coffey album was released, with Melvin Davis killing it on drums:

"Animal Spirits" from Vulfpeck's 2016 album. This video is goofy and adorable, and the song is quirky, funky, and charming:

Another awesome cut from that album:

"Out Of Pocket" by Mayer Hawthorne:

Stax soul star William Bell released a new album in 2016, with this awesome tune nominated for a Grammy. The lyrics, guitar, horns, and overall vibe are great:

"Love Is An Angry Thing" - this is my favorite track off of Anthony Hamilton's 2016 album:

Eli Paperboy Reed always makes great records, and he released this in 2016!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74_47WqPio

"Tell Love Hello" by the Mellow Moods. Not a 'new' song, but, re-recorded in 2016. Leads by Linda Lee, the daughter of the original lead singer in 1971. Honestly, can't come up with any 'new' songs....guess I'm just old and out of the loop these days.

My sentiments exactly. As much as I love music, I'd have to stop living just to flat out say I don't enjoy anything after a certain year. Open your minds and ears and you'll find something. I just hit the big 5-0. Not ready to turn into the grumpy old man just yet

This Fantasia cut has Tina Turner written all over it

A different twist on church but as real as it gets

Jonathan McReynolds and Tweet "Full Attention"

I know it's now mid-2017 but oh well!

So... I don't like classical music, today's pop music, Clean Bandit or Zara Larsson very much, but for some reason I rather like this song...

"Symphony" by Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatr_2MstrI
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-01-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Now this soulful tune I really do love...

"Come On With The Good Thing" by The MF Robots https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nb4rDxI22tI
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-01-2017 at 05:33 AM.

This guy called Rag'n'Bone Man looks like he's from an early-2000s nu-metal band or something, but he is actually very bluesy and soulful.

"Human" by Rag'n'Bone Man
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk