[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Carnival of Souls I saw this one way back in the sixties while staying with my grandparents. They've colorized it later on, but the original B/W version is the creepiest:

Yeah marv,i remember that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yeah marv,i remember that one too.
    I bought it on VHS back in the early 90s. I liked it that much.

Vhs,wow marv...we old!!

We're old as dirt. I remember traveling down to Norfolk on family vacation with a bag full of 8-track tapes. Remember the tape clicking right in the middle of the songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    We're old as dirt. I remember traveling down to Norfolk on family vacation with a bag full of 8-track tapes. Remember the tape clicking right in the middle of the songs?
    8 Track tapes were garbage! I remember when my Dad bought our " 70s Stereo Console" back around 1972-73 it had the 8track built it. The thing only worked about 4 months before a tape got hung up in it and we never used it again. In fact we went back to using the 60s Sears & Roebuck stereo. LOL!

Vhs,wow marv...we old!!
    Yes, I guess. I remember when I got my first good job, I wanted a VCR so bad like everyone in my office that I went out and financed one through a department store in Philly. That's how expensive there were at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes, I guess. I remember when I got my first good job, I wanted a VCR so bad like everyone in my office that I went out and financed one through a department store in Philly. That's how expensive there were at the time.
    Shortly after graduating, I remember one of my best friends from high school excitedly playing a song in his apartment. He asked if I liked the fidelity and when I told him I did, he said it was a digital CD. He paid $800 for the player.

"Loren!" I said, probably louder than I meant to. "You know that's going to cost half that in a year."

"I don't want it in a year," he calmly replied. I thought about it and realized that he was right. Shoot, we might all be dead in a year. And although I tend to wait technology trends out until competition arises, I will buy it sooner if I like it enough.

Shortly after graduating, I remember one of my best friends from high school excitedly playing a song in his apartment. He asked if I liked the fidelity and when I told him I did, he said it was a digital CD. He paid $800 for the player.

"Loren!" I said, probably louder than I meant to. "You know that's going to cost half that in a year."

"I don't want it in a year," he calmly replied. I thought about it and realized that he was right. Shoot, we might all be dead in a year. And although I tend to wait technology trends out until competition arises, I will buy it sooner if I like it enough.
    I hear you. That first VCR cost $580.00. I can remember paying a guy $70 to repair it. I did not get my first CD player until 1990!

Speaking of eight tracks,remember in the seventies when you could buy a sofa with speakers and a eight track player built in,i almost got one for a wedding present...thinking back on it i should've keep the eight track and sent the wife back,hehe!!

Speaking of eight tracks,remember in the seventies when you could buy a sofa with speakers and a eight track player built in,i almost got one for a wedding present...thinking back on it i should've keep the eight track and sent the wife back,hehe!!
    Yeah and if you were cool with the furniture guy, he'd throw in one of those huge, Black Moses or Ashanti Warrior paintings on black velvet. LOL!!!!

Or the half naked sister posing with the white tiger.

Aww man,i always miss out-sigh!!!

I saw one flick last night with a tree monster trying to pull a dude through a portal of some kind,haaaaaaaaaaaaa the darn thing was terrible which means it gets a mention here,don't know the title and the so-called actors were awful.

I watched the old "Invaders From Mars" over the weekend. That's the one where the little boy's parents were changed by the aliens whose space ship was buried in the field behind his house. Hard to believe I used to consider it a good movie when I was as young as he was in the movie.

I watched the old "Invaders From Mars" over the weekend. That's the one where the little boy's parents were changed by the aliens whose space ship was buried in the field behind his house. Hard to believe I used to consider it a good movie when I was as young as he was in the movie.
    I am going to have to check that one out. You guys have got me thinking of seeing these awful movies LOL! I watched this one over the weekend: "The Night of the Ghouls" from 1959

Here's the trailer. I have to admit, this brings back good memories for me.

Here's a classic. It's actually a very good movie that used to creep me out when it came on "Chiller Theater" late on Friday nights.

Here's a classic. It's actually a very good movie that used to creep me out when it came on "Chiller Theater" late on Friday nights.
    I've seen this one on television as kid.

Here's the trailer. I have to admit, this brings back good memories for me.
    This one I haven't seen before but looks interesting. Thanks Jerry

I've seen this one on television as kid.
    This movie is the reason why the theremin is mostly used in creepy soundtracks. It's notoriously difficult to play and compose for, but it was used to great effect back in the days to make your skin crawl in these old movies.

This movie is the reason why the theremin is mostly used in creepy soundtracks. It's notoriously difficult to play and compose for, but it was used to great effect back in the days to make your skin crawl in these old movies.
    Oh it is very effective.

SAW ANOTHER LOW BUDGET FLICK,SOMETHING ABOUT A HOTEL WITH THE DEVIL[not trump,the other devil]AND A COUPLE WHO THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD KILLED HIM,PRETTY BAD!

SAW ANOTHER LOW BUDGET FLICK,SOMETHING ABOUT A HOTEL WITH THE DEVIL[not trump,the other devil]AND A COUPLE WHO THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD KILLED HIM,PRETTY BAD!
    JAI can you find the name of it?

I think it may have been from the eighties or early nineties,it was on cable as i was flipping stations.

Hey saw another one the other night[phychotic ii]something about evil spirits in and old farm house,haaaaaaaa thing was pretty bad.

Haaaaaaaaaaa,these things are all over cable,another one about demons in a cabin with very cheesy effects and cheesy acting too,i mean i was on the floor laughing at this thing,i'm sorry i don't have the title cause i turned it on in the middle and after about ten minutes i turned it off,who's the guy from[briscoll county jr.]he was the[star????hehehe]of this mess.

That was either "Evil Dead I" or "Evil Dead 2" with Bruce Campbell. They were cheesy as heck but the first one is considered to be one of the most influential horror films since "Night of the Living Dead". I never finished watching them, either. I love even bad sci-fi, but I can't watch horror flicks because they tend to be formulaic and boring. Usually, the ones that people say are "scary" are only because they turn up the volume on sound effects and music to try to get you to jump out of your seat.

My latest entry:

Monster A Go Go :

Yep,bruce campbell,he'll act in anything!!

Has anyone seen the flick called[house on scull mountain]with victor french,about voodoo in the early seventies,not too awful but not great either.

Do you remember an episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show where Rob has this dream that everyone around was an alien [[Laura, Mel, Sally, Buddy etc) and they had eyes in the backs of their heads? LOL!

Has anyone seen the flick called[house on scull mountain]with victor french,about voodoo in the early seventies,not too awful but not great either.
    Yes, I think I remember that one..

do you remember an episode of the dick van dyke show where rob has this dream that everyone around was an alien [[laura, mel, sally, buddy etc) and they had eyes in the backs of their heads? Lol!
    yep,very funny.

Does anybody remember "The Giant Behemoth" about the radioactive dinosaur that attacked London? I'm not talking about "Gorgo".

Oh yeah,i think someone posted it earlier,not bad either.

HAAAAAA,I FOUND ANOTHER TERRIBLE CLASSIC,JUST CHANNEL SURFING AND BOOM...UP POPS[THE THING THAT CHANGED THE WORLD]THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD'VE CHANGED WAS THE CHANNEL HEHE,BUT I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT..GIANT SLUG-SLIME MONSTER THINGY FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA,BUT OUR HERO[TIM HOLT-YES THAT TIM HOLT]WHOSE COWBOY DAYS WERE LONG GONE BY THE TIME HE MADE THIS CLUNKER,IS THE NAVY HERO WHO SAVES THE WORLD...[not to mention beach front property]FROM THIS MENACE...THEY COULDN'T EVEN GET A GOLDEN TURKEY FOR THIS TURKEY,HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yah, I think I already added a film clip of that one. It had a great animatronic monster in it, though. What about "Reptilicus", a Danish monster that spit green cartoon puke on everybody?
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 05-12-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Or this one. What in the world is better for a boy to watch than boobies and dinosaurs?

This one scared the bejeebus out of me when I was little.

THIS MUST BE[TERRIBLE MONSTER MOVIES MONTH,HEHE]CHANNEL SURFING AGAIN AND DANG IF I DIDN'T FIND ANOTHER ONE,AND MAYBE THE WORST ONE YET[YIPPEEEEEE!!!]THIS THING FROM THE FIFTIES[GREATEST DECADE FOR TERRIBLE MONSTER MOVIES EVER-YIPPEEEEEEE!!!]THIS THING MUST HAVE BEEN SHOT ON A BUDGET OF $2.00..see Moe even I spend more than that on my polaroid classics,hehe]NOW THIS CLASSIC HAD FORREST TUCKER AS A GUY TRYING TO STOP A MAD SCIENTIST[IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?]FROM MESSING WITH BUGS-WORMS-SPIDERS,OR WELL YOU GET THE IDEA,THESE TERRIFIYING GIANTS WERE PROJECTED ON A SCREEN WHILE THE ACTORS STOOD IN FRONT OF IT AND TRIED TO LOOK SCARED,I MEAN TALK ABOUT THE WORST OF THE WORST THIS ONE TAKES THE PRIZE..NO I DON'T KNOW THE TITLE AS I CAME IN TOWARDS THE END WHEN THE ALIEN CALLED HIS SHIP[A TIN MADE SOMETHING ON A STRING]TO KILL THE BAD SCIENTIST AND SAVE US ALL...THEY SHOULD'VE JUST KILLED THIS MOVIE,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Look what I just found! One of the scariest movies I've ever seen [[at least it was when I first saw it at age 19):

https://archive.org/details/Salems.Lot.1979

I remember watching that in high school. It's interesting that that and the '90s version of "It" might well be Stephen King's best adaptations and both were made for TV. Oh, and "The Stand" was good, too.

But "Salem's Lot" scared the crap out of everybody when it came out. I need to watch it again.

I remember watching that in high school. It's interesting that that and the '90s version of "It" might well be Stephen King's best adaptations and both were made for TV. Oh, and "The Stand" was good, too.

But "Salem's Lot" scared the crap out of everybody when it came out. I need to watch it again.
    "The Stand" was excellent! I watched the TV version of "IT" when it came on in the early 90s, taped it too. I went to see the new version for my birthday last September and it was pretty good. But "Salem Lot" was the ONE that got me. It scared me good when was 19, home alone and kept hearing things I thought downstairs in the house. I watched half of it this afternoon at the link I posted. It still does it. Excellent writing and acting in this one.

Jerry, watch "Salems Lot"! The video and audio quality is excellent at that link.

I plan to. Haven't seen it in 30 years. When I worked in a group home for young men in the '90s, one of them begged me to rent "It" one day for movie night. I asked him why and he recalled how scary it was when Pennywise told him that "Down here, everything floats!" For some reason, I paid attention to that when I saw both versions of "It" and it is a creepy line. And the little boy vampire in "Salem's Lot" still gives me chills.

I plan to. Haven't seen it in 30 years. When I worked in a group home for young men in the '90s, one of them begged me to rent "It" one day for movie night. I asked him why and he recalled how scary it was when Pennywise told him that "Down here, everything floats!" For some reason, I paid attention to that when I saw both versions of "It" and it is a creepy line. And the little boy vampire in "Salem's Lot" still gives me chills.
    "Danny Glick"! LOL! I thought it was ingenious that they used "Nosferatu" the vampire from the famed 1922 film as "Mr. Barlow" with some probably not knowing the significance.

Attachment 14171

They made a movie about him. In the movie, the guy playing Count Orlok [[Max Schreck in real life) was actually a vampire. Willem Dafoe played him.

They made a movie about him. In the movie, the guy playing Count Orlok [[Max Schreck in real life) was actually a vampire. Willem Dafoe played him.
    That's right1 I remember that now. I did not get to see the movie, but I remember reading articles and seeing reports that they were making that movie. He was the scariest looking vampire, followed by Bela Lugosi in my opinion. Peter Cushing was bad either.

"danny glick"! Lol! I thought it was ingenious that they used "nosferatu" the vampire from the famed 1922 film as "mr. Barlow" with some probably not knowing the significance.

Attachment 14171
    hey jerry,this guy works in[greasy grady's]kitchen!!