[REMOVE ADS]

My Lord. God rest her soul.

I just heard the news. I will never forget her in the first Star Wars Movie back in 1977. She was great. Rest in peace Carrie.

Man, I remember my mom took me at age 14 to see "Star Wars". A school friend and I had been talking for weeks about it and I'd read where Richard Corliss lost his flipping nut over it and wrote the only great review I recall from "Time" magazine for a science fiction movie. So of course, my expectations were off the chart and couldn't be realized.

We sat there and I swear, every moment in that movie made me more excited than the previous ones. It had everything [[but Black people, but they made up for that since then) and I loved it. When it ended, Mom saw the look on my face and asked if I wanted her to come back in a couple of hours so I could watch it again. So of course, I said yes. I still love that movie and I'm glad she was the one portraying Princess Leia.

Carrie Fisher was a remarkable woman. She was iconic in the movie but more fantastic in life. She went through circles of Hell that many can't comprehend and the person who came back was unfiltered and free. She got a second chance and wound up living her life with a broader perspective than most will ever have. I enjoy watching the interviews of her and although I never saw her anywhere off screen, I am greatly saddened that her loved ones are now without her. But with that said, I'm also happy that they got to share that second chance with her and pray that they remember the fullness of her life, not the suddenness of her death. I pray that she can rest in peace that escaped her in life.