[REMOVE ADS]

Flying High Together by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles

I have always loved this last album by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. Does anyone know if there will be plans to ever put on CD ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRAmoDHwmI

RossHolloway Guest
    Well with the release of the first volume of the Miracles albums last year, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before its included in either volume 2 or volume 3 of their set.

We thought that in the 90's......and the 00's.....!

RossHolloway Guest
    Well sometimes you have to remain positive and optimistic. The first volume contained the Miracles first 5 albums, THREE of which are on CD for the very first time. It really is a nice collection to have, if you don't already. Does anyone know what the next 5 albums are of the Miracles off hand?

I believe the next set should include "Doin' Mickey's Monkey", "From The Beginning", "Going To A Go Go", "Away We A Go Go" and "Make It Happen [[The Tears Of A Clown).

RossHolloway Guest
    I see that the collection did not include the Miracles Christmas album from 10/63...The next albums are:
    Doin' Mickey's Monkey 11/63
    Greatest Hits-From the Beginning 3/65
    Going To A Go-Go 11/65
    Away We A Go-Go 11/66
    Make It Happen [[The Tears of A Clown) 8/67
    Greatest Hits Volume 2 1/68
    Special Occasion 8/68
    Live! 1/69
    Time Out 7/69
    Four In Blue 11/69
    What Love Has Joined Together 4/70
    Pocketful of Miracles 9/70
    The Season For Miracles 11/70
    One Dozen Roses 8/71
    Flying High Together 8/72
    1957-1972 [[Live!) 12/72

Renaissance 4/73
    Do It Baby 8/74
    Don't Cha Love It 1/75
    City of Angels 9/75
    The Power of Music 9/76
    Greatest Hits 7/77

So that's a total of 23 albums left to be placed on a cd set. This sounds like a great project. I know two of the live albums were mastered together for a combined cd release [[worth it just for the live tracks of Going to A Go) thru Hippo-select.

This is his last album with the group and no swansong-it has always had a special place with me. Always wondered if he was really ready to leave.

What sense does it make to leave off the christmas album and include the best ofs?

maybe they leave the christmas cds off since a collection was released some ten years ago.

i prefer just the original albums, not the best ofs, unless they contain some tracks that didnīt appear on original LPs

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    I believe the next set should include "Doin' Mickey's Monkey", "From The Beginning", "Going To A Go Go", "Away We A Go Go" and "Make It Happen [[The Tears Of A Clown).
    Interesting, but Going to A Go Go & Away We A Go Go, as well as Make It Happen are easily available on disc now.

RossHolloway Guest
    Yea, I think if they are going to catalogue the Miracle's albums, be all inclusive, and include the christmas albums as well.