Dear Val...knowing how close our Motown family is Im hoping you will read this..I wanted to tell you how yours & Nicks songs have touched my life and career as a dj and performer..I grew up as a child in Liverpool were music is very important lesson when i was four yrs old I was introduced to Diana Ross and Motown and it changed my life - Liverpool is very like Detroit so it seemed fitting that Liverpool would adopt soul and Rnb with so much passion in 1985 "Solid" was one of the most popular songs of the year in my hometown..thinking back today your partnership with Nick was one of the most enduring and beautiful relationships in the industry..were few survive..we all felt the deep love you had for each other...when I was 12 yrs old i moved to New Zealand and began my career as a singer at a Cabaret resturant i worked at I loved to perform your songs - "Nows That Theres You" I adored..the energetic vocal structure of the track I could envision Judy Garland performing on her 1963 tv series..I also performed the magical reworking of "Reach out ill be there"..at the same time I was doing marketing & promotion for Virgin Records and was delighted to distribute " Found a Cure" on the Playboy Mansion compilation..so in a small way I was working for you...the sorrow and sadness i felt at Nicks passing was profound..my dream was to visit you both at the Suga Bar when i think of Nick i have a beautiful picture in my mind - of him dancing in the Marquee at Oprahs Legends Sunday Gospel service..I think of you both everyday thank you for touching my life with you art..all my Nomis/DJ Wanda Lamour [[Auckland New Zealand)