[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Perhaps it's a British term, but what are "reasons given by booty"? Just curious.

Also, Keith... as long as we have your attention for a bit, why is it that DFTMC only includes the last date of recording on a song rather than all the dates as are included in the booklets [[physical and digital) included with releases? After 1963, Hitsville rarely [[if ever) recorded the track, lead and background vocals, string and/or horn overdubs, and anything else all in the same day.

Any chance the full details of Motown Unreleased: 1966 will include all recording dates for the tracks?

I think Keith's referring to comments made by a poster whose onscreen name is 'booty' . See posts # 36 & #46.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Perhaps it's a British term, but what are "reasons given by booty"? Just curious.
    LOLOL
    "Reasons given by booty" - British, eh? I have never used that term of phase... but I will do now!! Lol. I think Carole is right by the way
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-24-2016 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks, Carole, for the clarification. And to my pals who happen to be British, forgive me for thinking you would use such a phrase as slang! LOL

Two Countries divided by the same language 😊

"carole cucumber" is right. So are "danman" and "snakepit". I was lazy not to use quote marks round "booty", the usage I think "danman" may be attributing to me never crossed my mind.

All recording dates will be in the release notes, as always in my annotations. Full details in dftmc would mean many, many more pages, it's big enough already.

Keith, thanks for responding about annotations on DFTMC. If you guys ever need data entry help on the website, let me know. I'm happy to offer my assistance! I'd rather see it become even more of a comprehensive database than one with only with partial info.

Hope to god there's some Four Tops on there. Hopefully these digital songs see the light of day on CD. All that technical crap is too complicated. Plus i love the booklets with rare photos and recording dates.

I believe there will some Four Tops on there. Anyone who had a single release that year will have about 4 songs. In the case of the Supremes there will be 5 unreleased recordings :-)

Nice surprise gift this will be as I thought the Supremes mine was now empty except for live tracks and 70 S tracks.
    Can't wait. Look forward to when these tracks were discovered

I remember hearing about a year ago another version of Love Is Like A Heatwave was found. this was not the version that appears on Sing HDH, which I believe was recorded around the time of A GO GO time line but held back. this newer version was recorded earlier. I wonder if this is the song they are talking about. this may fit in the time line . I look forward to reading the liner notes as to why other producers were used on this album. wasn't HDH used on all their studio albums where as the other producers like Frank Wilson, were used at this time for standard sets. interesting to find out. to this date I thought Copa has been the landmark set but now I think this collection could top all others.

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    Hope to god there's some Four Tops on there. Hopefully these digital songs see the light of day on CD. All that technical crap is too complicated. Plus i love the booklets with rare photos and recording dates.
    Yeah, you and me both, biggestfourtopsfan!

Motown Unreleased: 1966 tracks were uploaded to YouTube this afternoon "by" Universal. Search and you'll find lots of goodies. Hope this mean the digital tracks will be uploaded at iTunes, Amazon, us7digital.com, etc. tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks Danman
    Happy New Year...😁

How do I find this Universal upload?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Motown Unreleased: 1966 tracks were uploaded to YouTube this afternoon "by" Universal. Search and you'll find lots of goodies. Hope this mean the digital tracks will be uploaded at iTunes, Amazon, us7digital.com, etc. tonight or tomorrow!
    Oooohh... exciting
    I haven't experienced a release of new Motown stuff before [[since becoming near-obsessed with Motown I mean, lol)
    I love it!

YouTube got a head start and released 68 tracks from Motown Unreleased 1966!

"That'll Be The Day" sung as a duet for Marvin & Kim, 3 of the Four Tops taking a turn singing lead on "Wives And Lovers," an early version of the Miracles' "Flower Girl," and the Marvelettes singing "Sweet Talking Guy!"

How do I access these on you tube please?

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-fS...u5BL6VIArWKQep

Brad
    Thanks for that..But it is blocked here in UK😤
    Won't sleep tonight!

It is blocked here in UK.
    Won't sleep tonight!
    Yes this confuses and annoys me very much

As with every other upload by Universal [[and other companies) to YouTube, the videos don't actually seem to work, they're just "not available" [[which renders the whole thing pointless doesn't it!!?)

That's the situation in the UK at least

I think this is on purpose... I remember reading that there was a reason for it... I guess if you could just listen to all the songs on YouTube [[and then download them using websites) you wouldn't buy them on iTunes or Amazon...? I don't know...

Still, can't wait for them to be [[properly) released!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-29-2016 at 09:53 PM.

I'm sorry to share the excitement and then find that our British Soul Brothers and Sisters are blocked on them. So far, I will say--you won't be disappointed when you do get access!

Snakepit--kindly send me a private message on my profile?

Marvin & Kim.... Gladys Knight & the Spinners!!!!- wonder how that came about...

Well, Marvin and Kim... they apparently recorded many of the "Marvin & Tammi" duets first, Kim's vocals [[at least) were wiped, and Tammi dubbed in in '67. As for Gladys and The Spinners.... maybe it was an actual duet, but... the track sounds old. 1962-63? It could've been a similar situation to "Brenda Holloway and The Supremes" singing "Going To A Go-Go"--just a lead vocal added over an unfinished track back in '66. All that said, I haven't heard anything yet that disappointed me.

I think 1966 is proven to have been Motown's YEAR for firing on all cylinders!

Holy smokes. There's quite a few tops song. FANTASTIC. Definitely my first listens.

There are a few more Brenda Holloway tunes not included in the 68 posted above. They can be accessed here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFH...iKA0MAg/videos

Great version by Chris Clark here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6diJOYp2E

The alternate 'Ain't Too Proud To Beg' :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMktMl5dIPI

Alternate Miracles "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXTNidY7p7k

Aw man that's so frustrating!!
    None of those YouTube videos work! Why YouTube, WHY!!!???

Lol

Mr. Hughes,

I've lost count.... any others we should look for???

I went back and counted. Seems to be 1 missing track......
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 12-29-2016 at 11:42 PM.

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the Brenda Holloway tracks AND THEY STAYED IN THE CAN! We've gotten an album's worth [[plus one) of Brenda Holloway tracks and, for that alone, I couldn't be happier!

Thank you Carole Cuke, for finding those "missing" tracks on YouTube for us! Christmas came a little late this year and the new year's coming in with a Motown BANG!

Yippee! It's now Friday just after midnight and all 80 tracks are on iTunes!!!! Too much to absorb right away. A real treasure trove! Thanks, Keith X1000!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Yippee! It's now Friday just after midnight and all 80 tracks are on iTunes!!!! Too much to absorb right away. A real treasure trove! Thanks, Keith X1000!
    Just checked both US & UK iTunes and I can see nothing. Do you have a link to this?

Samples and downloads are available at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...6/8d6kgwx5xtss

Samples play in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Just checked both US & UK iTunes and I can see nothing. Do you have a link to this?
    In US, just go to the iTunes Store [[app) and type in MOTOWN UNRELEASD 1966. It works on both the computer and tablet. It's not about a "link," but simply accessing the iTunes Store. It's all clearly there. Good luck.

Looks like good things come to those who wait. I'm about 1/3 through the 80 tracks and man you guys did NOT disappoint. I am truly grateful to the team at Universal for making this release happen as well as all of the many other releases. Sometimes we get frustrated because we want tracks like the ones in this set released [[immediately), including album reissues, etc. but at the end of the day, this was truly worth the wait. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Can't wait for the 1967 set.

One may also listen to all the tracks at Spotify.

As usual these are not available on YouTube in the UK. But can somebody please please correct the spelling on The Supremes track from Where You There to "Were You There". Surely someone can spell properly?

Annotations now published at http://www.dftmc.info/bonus/b-06a.html.

Thank you Keith. I hope it will be available in Germany soon.

Keith
    I've bought previous sets from Amazon..will 1966 be available please?

I am thrilled! Listened to a few samples this morning; awesome! Thanks, Keith and company!

From the sample links posted this looks a fantastic package, but yet again this year the UK [[and Europe by the sound of it) is being kept waiting. It would be great and interesting if Keith or anyone from Universal can explain the reasoning. Although I ask with an element of frustration, I'm also really interested to know the philosophy behind the strategy.

I'm looking forward to buying this release. Does anybody know if the tracks are mixed in mono or stereo please?

Thanks.

I just bought the 80 tracks from us7digital.com [[320kbps for $38.99US), but I'd noticed at Amazon.com that the set listed "81 tracks." I wasn't sure if there was a digital booklet being included with this--because there wasn't at 7digital. Just curious if anyone who's bought elsewhere has a booklet or not. [[I wasn't expecting one since Keith has uploaded the recording info at dftmc.info, but... who knows?)

Can't want to really "sink" into these 80 tracks! Thank you to all who were involved in making this happen!

Dan sent you a pm
    Thanks

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    From the sample links posted this looks a fantastic package, but yet again this year the UK [[and Europe by the sound of it) is being kept waiting. It would be great and interesting if Keith or anyone from Universal can explain the reasoning. Although I ask with an element of frustration, I'm also really interested to know the philosophy behind the strategy.
    WHAT A PAIN IN THE RECTUM all of this,WHY is this so'''''''''''''''''''''''''Long winded,im desperate for these and well P=====dOFF