[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes: My World is Empty Without You...Changed?

I think it's clear that in the Diana-free instrumental in the other thread that you only hear Mary and Flo, that they sing "youuuuuuuuuuuu, I need you babe" as their repeating lyric throughout the song.

But.

In this live performance, they REALLY sound like they're singing "doodoodoo Doo doo doo, I need you babe"

Did they change the lyrics there? It happens like twenty times in this video!

I never noticed the change, but you're right. One reason could be that Marlene Barrow filled in for Flo when they recorded the studio version. When they do the song live, Flo really gets into it, adding the, "Oh yeah!" toward the beginning of the song. I wonder if she was trying to put her mark on the song since she didn't record in the studio?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I never noticed the change, but you're right. One reason could be that Marlene Barrow filled in for Flo when they recorded the studio version. When they do the song live, Flo really gets into it, adding the, "Oh yeah!" toward the beginning of the song. I wonder if she was trying to put her mark on the song since she didn't record in the studio?
    No it was confirmed 5 years ago that it is only Florence, Mary and Diana on that record. No Marlene Barrows.

Nothing is confirmed with anyone on those records; not even by those that think they were there. The producers put on whomever they wanted which is why Mary and Florence sang on Stop in the Name of Love but are not on the version that released as the single.

Sorry Marv; all the wishin and hopin and tweets about lyin ain't gonna change it - just like for Donald.

Thanks Rob, that is what I have been trying to suggest for years. Once it got finally pressed only the producers can proclaim who is really there.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Nothing is confirmed with anyone on those records; not even by those that think they were there. The producers put on whomever they wanted which is why Mary and Florence sang on Stop in the Name of Love but are not on the version that released as the single.

Sorry Marv; all the wishin and hopin and tweets about lyin ain't gonna change it - just like for Donald.

If u listen to the expanded version of the i hear a symphomy expanded the turned up version of my world is empty without you with the vocals turned up are clearly those of mary and flo and at the end of the track flo c be heard saying play it back, stop in the nsme of love is mary flo and another of the andantes, flo s vocals bleed through t background... give me a break

If u listen to the expanded version of the i hear a symphomy expanded the turned up version of my world is empty without you with the vocals turned up are clearly those of mary and flo and at the end of the track flo c be heard saying play it back, stop in the nsme of love is mary flo and another of the andantes, flo s vocals bleed through t background... give me a break

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBafarkgUSU You said it franjoy. The proof is right here. They'll probably say Flo ran in at end of session and pushed Marlene aside and then said Play it back!!! Why are these people so intent on dismissing Flo???

blame Tarborelli..he started the myth in his secound tome

You'd think people who love the Supremes wouldn't be so quick to embrace a rumor. JRT clearly has had an agenda with Diana. He even apologized to Mary in his revised edition!
    Last edited by luke; 11-26-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You'd think people who love the Supremes wouldn't be so quick to embrace a rumor. JRT clearly has had an agenda with Diana. He even apologized to Mary in his revised edition!
    I doubt that guy Randy was at any of the Supremes recording sessions. Mary Wilson, Diana Ross and Florence Ballard are the only ones on "My World Is Empty Without You".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBafarkgUSU You said it franjoy. The proof is right here. They'll probably say Flo ran in at end of session and pushed Marlene aside and then said Play it back!!! Why are these people so intent on dismissing Flo???
    I think it is because Florence founded the group, named it and was the best singer in the group.

Sadly I think you're right. Can't even give Flo credit for background vocals .. but we can!!

Sadly I think you're right. Can't even give Flo credit for background vocals .. but we can!!
    So did Universal Music Group personnel who analyzed the master recording for "My World Is Empty Without You" and posted here on SDF that it is Florence Ballard on the backing vocals without a doubt.

Whoever did this mix did a great job!
    imakicola, the " "doodoodoo Doo doo doo," are hear and on the released single:

In the acapella version of the released song it is clear they sing YOOOOUUUU I need you babe
    This includes the video u just posted above !

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Like I said in the other thread. It's been confirmed AGAIN that Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard are on the released version this song and that you were the one that keeps wishin and hopin that they are not for some reason. Go back to sleep or back to wherever the Hell you were. LOL!

I just noticed that this older thread still comes up under the Motown Forum. Ralph, could you please move it to the DRATS thread? I hate to create work for you, but I did not know this would happen. Thanks Marv