[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: SDF Off Book

SDF Off Book

This thread is created to allow members to discuss interactions they've had with other members from SDF....that did not occur in threads on either of the three current forums.

These interactions include and are not limited to face to face encounters, phone calls, instant messages, various social media, promotions, concerts, and so on and so on and Scooby dooby doo.

I've made many friends here over the years and have had several good and outstanding experiences with members through the aforementioned channels.

I choose to not name names to protect the innocent. However, if you read any of my posts and choose to out yourselves......please do.

I'll start with one of the weirdest.

I was in New York on a shopping trip with my mother.....dead of winter. We went to a couple of flea markets and ended up in one the B Boroughs. Several blocks of wig, clothing and electronic stores.....with plenty of Designer Pocketbook Vendors outside.

At one point I had to go potty and could not find a restaurant or similar establishment with a restroom. I decided to call of one several buds in NY from SDF whose phone numbers were easily accessible on my phone.

I gave the person my corner coordinates...and 30 seconds later the person told me to walk down 2 blocks to a sort of open air market.....that had pubic restrooms.

Thanks again.

et tu Brute?

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    I was in New York on a shopping trip with my mother.....dead of winter. We went to a couple of flea markets and ended up in one the B Boroughs. Several blocks of wig, clothing and electronic stores.....with plenty of Designer Pocketbook Vendors outside.

At one point I had to go potty and could not find a restaurant or similar establishment with a restroom. I decided to call of one several buds in NY from SDF whose phone numbers were easily accessible on my phone.

I gave the person my corner coordinates...and 30 seconds later the person told me to walk down 2 blocks to a sort of open air market.....that had pubic restrooms.

Thanks again.

et tu Brute?
    Met my brother from another mother on SDF. Loved his style from day one. We went from posting on SDF, to emailing, to calling and then we finally met when he volunteered to help me move some things into my daughter's apartment...and he has been there for me err since.

Many posts that stand out in my mind revolve around issues of racism. I will not go into detail but LAWD LOVE A DUCK, it's a wonder I wasn't banned from this joint.

I've received music when my comp crashed and other things that were so right on time I can't begin to thank folks [[you know who you are)

I've driven through the mountains of West Va. to see a poster and true star sing and the TnT shows...OMG the TnT shows. [[many shared with SDF posters)

The knowledge I acquired here helped me to promote two cd's for Ronnie Mac [[Ronnie McNeir) and one poster in paticular was instrumental in doing pics not only for the cover of the CD but the website as well.

Met so many UK folks via the forum, emails and calls, I can't believe I haven't crossed the pond yet. THANK YOU GUYS....You made my life a dream over the years!!!!!

I've even learned from the BS and honey it's been slinging far and wide since I started back in 2005. LOL

...and then there are the balloons, lots and lots of balloons. hahahahahahahahaha

and the knock down, drag out, I'm starting my own forum [[or two) FIGHTS....OMG, you kids don't know what a fight is....LOL

Through it all and after a break, I'm still here. Missing the old, enjoying the new and seeing where this next phase in the SDF revolution goes.
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-24-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  21.1 KB
    I e-mail with several members I met on SDF . I've met up with a few [[Snakepit Larry, Roger and Rod S in The UK. Also Ady Croasdell). I see Ollie [[not Ollie9) in Amsterdam now and again. I knew Ron Murphy, Don Montgomerie and Rod S. before coming to SDF.

I've hit it off well with all the SDF members I've met in person.
    Last edited by robb_k; 11-25-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Yes I met up with Robb at a Northern Soul event at Bury Town Hall, a good night, great music and excellent company ..all the best Robb
    Koko

I have my "Over the Pond" besties whom I am forever grateful [[you know who you are)
    I have my US besties who I've met at TnT shows and shows in Youngstown
    Those who know when I'm thinking of them & vice versa [[and who needs a smile or 2)
    Many friends here........it's like coming up an escalator & seeing you...win/win
    NEXT.............

I have not met anyone here face to face, but have messaged with several on occasions.

I have a bunch of stories from my visit to Detroit in 2005.

One person from the forum made 2 compilation CD's for me. One soul and one R&B which, to this day are the best comps anyone has ever done for me......by far. To this day I'm still amazed at how they did it..... about 90 percent were songs I'd never heard....but are among my faves today.

Another non Detroit story. I remember waiting to meet an SDF member at a concert....without either of us knowing what the other looked like. We were in the extended lobby of the venue......locked eyes and recognized each other immediately. That day produced several unforgettable moments.

And speaking of TnT, I will always remember....."Follow the Lincolns....not the Caddies!"

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    i have a bunch of stories from my visit to detroit in 2005.

One person from the forum made 2 compilation cd's for me. One soul and one r&b which, to this day are the best comps anyone has ever done for me......by far. To this day i'm still amazed at how they did it..... About 90 percent were songs i'd never heard....but are among my faves today.

Another non detroit story. I remember waiting to meet an sdf member at a concert....without either of us knowing what the other looked like. We were in the extended lobby of the venue......locked eyes and recognized each other immediately. That day produced several unforgettable moments.

And speaking of tnt, i will always remember....."follow the lincolns....not the caddies!"
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alright.....first the gloves are coming off.

I've had PM/Email sessions with well over a dozen folks from SDF.

Including.....................Soulster.

IMHO....Our missives were funny, contentious, enlightening and respectful.
    We should have shared a smoke afterwards.