[REMOVE ADS]

American's Ghost Towns

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...ghost-towns/2/

When you see lists like this and the house prices that go along with it - you can see why some Americans think they have nothing to lose because it's all been lost.

Gary Indiana and Detroit Michigan are on this particular list.

And in Vancouver, you need to pay $1 Million for an old house.

And in Vancouver, you need to pay $1 Million for an old house
    It's the same in LOS ANGELES

I understand this is why so many are angry but I fear it's about to get worse.
    Some will ride the next four years out. They may struggle a bit but they will survive. Many will not [[survive).

That list doesn't even make sense:

The Detroit Urban Area, which serves as the core of the metropolitan area, ranks as the 11th most populous in the United States, with a population of 3,734,090 as of the 2010 census and an area of 1,337.16 square miles [[3,463.2 km2).

There is a huge amount of construction going on in Detroit right now.

Marv, the article references the high percentage of vacancies in the listed cities, not the population. Apples and oranges my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Marv, the article references the high percentage of vacancies in the listed cities, not the population. Apples and oranges my friend.
    In the case of Detroit, people just moved to other areas of the Metro area, but remain in the Detroit Metro area. I couldn't even find a place park downtown last month for a good while. so much for Detroit being a ghost town.