[REMOVE ADS]

Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46 86 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 106 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Both Miami and Atlanta made upgrades to their OL. Both still have players left over from units that were literally historically bad. So, they're both hoping that some bad players will improve to mesh with the guys they brought in. In my experience, making moves that are supposed to be "good enough" don't typically hit the mark. The best way to build an offensive [or defensive] line is to shoot for a superior unit with depth, not a sufficiently good one.

I don't know. It's going to be an interesting season for both squads. They're going to live or die based on how well they improved.

And now Aaron Donald Is talking retirement again because of his contract.......

Didn't he just sign a massive extension a couple of years ago? The Rams are masters of cap management, so they'll be able to accommodate him.

Well, Najee Harris swelled up to 244 pounds. Steelers fans on Twitter think he's Bettis 2.0. Others wonder if he will either lose his explosiveness or expose himself to injury. It'll be interesting to see if either is true.

Time will tell with Najee. I try to stay out of the Steelers Twitter foray now. Everyone thinks they know so I just let them. You know how it is. I'm sure you see it with the Falcons & Dolphins on Twitter.

Every fan base is like that. Atlanta fans are at war because half want Desmond Ridder to start over Marcus Mariota. And Miami fans have been fighting over whether Tua is a legitimate QB for over a year.

For the record: I think Tua's going to be a top-10 QB this season. I also think that if the Falcons offensive line is better, Mariota will play closer to his draft status [he was the second pick] than he has prior to this season. Everybody thinks Atlanta will be drafting in the top 5 next year, but I think they've actually put together a competitive team. We'll see.

I see where Diontae Johnson finally showed up at minicamp. But he won't talk to the press.
    It's a real love/hate relationship with him vs Steelers Twitter.

And......how bout Stephon Tuitt announcing his retirement?

Oh, really? Was he going to be a post-June cut? I haven't logged into Twitter or Reddit yet, so I'm still informationally bereft for today's news.

It came out yesterday. No, he wasn't going to be cut. With his retirement I think the Steelers have roughly $20million left to spend. They need another defensive lineman.

Hmm... Saw Cam Hayward smack talking Tua in an interview with Mina Kimes, but other than the Flores angle, it made me wonder why she asked or he answered. Folks are looking ahead to our Sunday night matchup now. By the way, there are reports that Flores is impressing your defensive personnel. I'm guessing that his title is not the same as his actual role on staff?

I think he's a very smart man. I hope for the best [[for our defense, of course)

Jerry, what do you think about the Steelers signing Larry Ogunjobi?

And, what do you think will happen with the Dan Snyder situation?

I hadn't heard about Ogunjobi signing. The Browns have a ton of depth on their DL and can afford to lose him, but I bet they hate seeing him sign with a division rival. Steelers now have plenty of depth as well.

And Snyder is a typical entitled rich white man who thinks the rules don't apply to him. Personally, I think all NFL team owners are deplorable and know how to use the system to cover their dirty dealings.

Some worse than others, but all bow to the almighty dollar.

Jai, looks like the Wiz wants to be relevant. Trading for Will Barton and Monte Morris, in addition to resigning Bradley Beal [apparently] is significant. Barton's lightning in a bottle and Morris is an efficient underrated point guard. Looks like they're relying on continuity and strong team players to improve. I think it'll work.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...JERRY,JERRY....WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE GIZZARDS HERE...THEY AIN'T N-E-V-E-R GONNA BE ANY GOOD, YES I'LL STILL WATCH EM[unless a real team is playing]IF AND WHEN THEY GET TO THE EAST FINALS THEN[and only]THEN WILL I BE IMPRESSED, WHERE ELSE WAS BEAL GONNA GET PAID LIKE THIS? THIS COLLECTION OF MISFITS COULD SIGN[KING KONG]AT CENTER AND STILL MESS IT UP..NO MY BROTHER DON'T DRINK THE KOOLAID..THE[no defense no gameplan no clue no account]GIZZARDS ARE JUST STUCK IN MUD!!!

I don't know. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. This might be their time. With that being said, the East is loaded this season, so they have a lot of teams to jump over.

That's right...and everyone knows that..gizzards can't jump!!!

Baker Mayfield to the Carolina Panthers for a 5th round pick!

That's the least surprising NFL news of the offseason. Nobody else wanted him and Cleveland had no choice but to ship him out. The Browns were hoping to call Seattle's bluff, but Pete Carroll's too old to put up with a QB whose [now previous] team publicly referred to him as a child. The only surprise is the compensation.

Hopefully, Baker swallows his ego and plays up to his potential in Charlotte.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa...what potential??? Baker is great...til he gets some pressure!

Jerry & R&B, did you see the new name for Heinz Field? Gone is the ketchup.
    The new name is Acrisure Stadium/Field......not even a name that anyone knows because it's from Grand Rapids, Michigan. But.........one of the owners of the Steelers [[Tom Tull) has an interest in them. Acrisure is in the insurance business.

That's an awful sounding tie in. Ohio State's indoor arena is Value City Arena and that always sounded kind of bush league. I don't even think Value City Stores are still in business around here. BTW: How long was Heinz the sponsor of the stadium? Seems like it's kind of quick to be switching already.

These silly names piss me off, i loved the name[heinz field] watch out next it'll be[family dollar stadium]of course the commanders will be the ones using it...i'm going down to grady's...ya'll comin???

I'm waiting for Porta-Potty Stadium. You know it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    i'm waiting for porta-potty stadium. You know it's coming.
    yep...and grady will have the concessions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm waiting for Porta-Potty Stadium. You know it's coming.
    You Two!!!!! What's next? LMAO

So, the Steelers negotiated a five year deal with Kraft Heinz to keep the ketchup bottles for the Red Zone? Wonder how Acrisure loves this one?

You have to admit, since almost nobody had heard of Acrisure before, they already got their money's worth out of the endorsement. On one hand, it was a head-scratcher. On the other, it was a perfect investment.

Jerry, it was a win for Acrisure, the Steelers, & Steeler Nation, & Kraft Heinz.
    I think this whole thing with Acrisure started with the fact thet Thomas Tull [a minority Steeler owner] has some connection to Acrisure.

Ahh... So, now it makes more sense.

And so here it goes.........training camp.

It took long enough. I've been telling friends that I can't recall an offseason where it seemed like so many teams swung for the fences to improve. I expect the playoffs to look very different this season than they were last year. Let's get it on.

I agree. So many deals that I cannot keep track of who went where.

Jerry & R&B,
    6 games? That's it? Really?
    Proving that once again the NFL is a business & nothing else.

Yep. Six games. I think it's because there's no precedent for hitting him with anything, let alone six games. All of the other suspensions have been due to video taped evidence [Kareem Hunt, Ray Rice] or conviction or indictments in criminal court. I suspect that the arbitrator only gave him six games because he settled the cases.

It's still a bad look for the NFL and a horrible look for the Browns. The first time he does a photo shoot with half-naked smiling cheerleaders in the background will be awkward. I'm still miffed about how the NFL handled the Kaepernick situation and this further puts me in an ethical hole at a time when I was excited about the season. I'm so glad that Miami's and Atlanta's flirtations with bringing him in failed, because I was seriously considering not watching the game again.

At least the league can blame the arbitrator. By the way, I knew it was going to be brief last night when the NFLPA asked the league not to appeal the decision. They had a head's up.

My husband said the only way the NFL would get the message is if people voted with their feet. And as we know that won't happen. People can bark now....but to separate them from their precious football? No way.

I see where James Washington [[former WR with the Steelers now with Dallas) suffered a Jones Fracture in this foot. That is a nasty fracture that usually takes a long time to heal.

I saw that. It's a tough break for him. The Bucs lost their starting center last week and the Falcons had a rotational defensive lineman snap an Achilles this morning. Football is a harsh game. It can snatch dreams from young men as quickly as it takes to plant a foot or land on the turf. Injuries are the worst thing, which is why it irritates me when players try to crush opponents, only to take a knee in prayer when the guy has to be carted off the field. I still think about Stanley Morgan every time it happens.

And Stephen Ross & the Dolphins, Jerry.......wow!!

LOL! Between Miami and Atlanta, my teams are a bottomless pit of embarrassment to their fans. Ross is an entitled jerk who - like Daniel Snyder - think that rules are for others. I'm actually mad that they cleared them on tanking since the attempt fell short. In other words: Ross did make the offer, but since Flo didn't accept it, it's not *technically* tanking.

It's just Crazy Town. A lot of folks believe the league dropped this today to distract from the DeShaun Watson debacle. And on top of a record level of excitement for the highlights coming out of Dolphins training camp.

And now, Denver receiver Tim Patrick has suffered a season-ending injury.

Yikes, they're dropping like flies early!!

Diontae Johnson signed for two years and $36 million. They're throwing the loot around this off-season.

Steelers' Diontae Johnson signing two-year extension for reported $36.71 million

By Jordan Dajani

Another wide receiver hit the jackpot this offseason, as Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson has agreed to a two-year extension, the team announced. The deal is worth $36.71, per NFL Media. The two sides reportedly worked hard over the past 24 hours to end his training camp hold-in.

Johnson reportedly receives $27 million guaranteed in his contract, and is paid $19 million in the first year. According to ESPN, the deal is worth up to $39.5 million. The new deal carries an AAV of $18.35 million, which ranks No. 17 in the NFL. The wide receivers market of course has exploded over the past few months, as nine of the top 10 highest-paid receivers signed their new deals this offseason. What's good for the 26-year-old Johnson is that he can cash in again soon after this two-year deal.

Just this week, new Steelers general manager Omar Khan opted not to go into detail about the conversations they were having behind closed doors regarding Johnson, but he did say the Steelers wanted to keep him in the fold.

"We want Diontae," Khan said. "We're excited to have Diontae as part of this team. We hope that he is going to be a Steeler for a long time."

Johnson, who was selected by the Steelers in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft out of Toledo, earned his first Pro Bowl nod this past season after a career campaign in which he caught 107 passes for 1,161 yards and eight touchdowns. He's led Pittsburgh in receiving yards in each of the last two seasons.

Apart from making Johnson happy with the extension he had been searching for, this also will get him back on the practice field, where he can start to build chemistry with new quarterbacks Mitchell Trubisky and Kenny Pickett, as they continue their quarterback battle, which includes Mason Rudolph.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...36-71-million/

My first thought [when I saw this yesterday] was: is this the new way for GM Omar Khan?
    I have to wonder if Kevin Colbert would've been able to do this. I saw the press conference with him after the signing; yes, he was very happy. So, let's see him produce now & NO dropped passes.

I asked my brother his thoughts about it and he just rolled his eyes. He never told me if that's because he thought it was too much money or because it was a no brainer. He almost erupted when I told him I'm reading articles suggesting that Mason Rudolph is looking like the probable starter.

You tell your brother that the entire Steeler Nation would stage a "remarkable reaction" to that thought. Personally, I don't agree with drafting Kenny Pickett. Or at least leave him out of the immediate starting possibility. He's not Rothlisberger [[you remember his circumstances as to how he started). He needs development.

On the other hand, I would love to be in the same room as you two when discussing the NFL, especially Watson.

Oh, I'm definitely inviting myself over to his place when Miami and Pittsburgh play on Sunday night in week 7. I'll be in enemy territory because his whole house is practically a Steelers man cave, so his actual man cave is worthy of a case study in a college psychology text book.

Looks like Mitchell Trubisky is listed as starter at QB in the Steelers game against Seattle. It'll be interesting to see how each of them perform and how intense the competition gets between week one and two.

I agree. I wonder if Pickens is going to be the steal of the draft. So far in camp he's been incredible.