[REMOVE ADS]

Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 85 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 105 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,750 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

It's been an unusual offseason, to be sure. There are going to be some decent budget signings made in the next few weeks. JaDaveon Clowney, Stephon Gilmore, Trey Flowers, and Julio are all out there, waiting to be signed. All have baggage or health concerns, but each can help the right team. I'll ask my brother about his opinion on Haden when I see him next.

Dwayne Haskins, RIP. OMG! How sad! I was hoping everything would click for him this year & he would beat out all of them to start.

Josh Dobbs to the Browns….hmm….where’s Baker in all of this?

Yes, the news about Dwayne Haskins was truly heartbreaking. People are tweeting the video of him at age 7 or 8, a happy little boy in an Ohio State jersey proudly telling everybody that he was going to play at Ohio State one day. So very sad.

It's makes it worse to hear Gil Brandt and Adam Schefter kicking dirt on him before he's even in the ground.

I didn't hear about Cleveland signing Josh Dobbs until your post. At this point, Cleveland's likely going to have to attach picks to any trade for Mayfield in addition to paying a large portion of his salary in order to unload him. That's a sour piece of humble pie for a guy who's prouder than he's got a right to be.

Jerry, this has to be the longest wait for the draft!! And the $$$ being thrown at the WR's.
    So where will Deebo Samuel land?

I think he'll play in San Francisco this season. They might trade him, but I don't think he'll be moved before the draft because any team that trades for him will be required to give him a new deal and I doubt this is a good time to be juggling salary caps and restructuring players' contracts to bring in a $30 million man. It's shades of Julio and Aaron Rodgers, who spurred controversy just before the draft last year. Both went past the draft, with Julio being traded and Rodgers being full of crap in a petty power play to make the team regret drafting Jordan Love.

I still wonder if Baker will go to Carolina

Baker winds up in Carolina or Seattle. Cleveland's going to have to pay part of his salary to get rid of him, though. Teams are waiting for the Browns to cut him but they don't want to eat his entire $19 million. Have you heard the buzz that Pittsburgh is a possible landing spot for him?

Oh yes. And what commotion as a result!!

Steelers have their Fan Draft Party April 30th. I cannot go. Tennessee a bit far for that plus I'm away that week. I've always had fun at those. Your brother may like it. You get to go in their locker room, for example.

Word on the street says that the commanders might draft a wideout before they get to mcclorin's next deal...big mistake, if terry leaves after the season, they are dead in the water, they better be talking to his agent now!!!
    Last edited by arr&bee; 04-22-2022 at 06:31 PM.

They're stupid to even haggle with McLaurin over his second deal. Like a good rookie QB, he outperformed his draft slot and gave them max value with his 3rd round deal. That allowed them to sign good players around him. He and his agent are going to make sure the team knows that he intends to make up for lost value with his next deal. Pay him because you know you're going to do it in the end anyway.

Hey jerry, i hope they ain't as stupid as they look[but we are talking about washington here!!]terry already hinted that he'll walk if they don't pay him, so danny better open the checkbook!!

Trade him to Atlanta for a fourth round pick and a basket of peaches. If they try to use the franchise tag, it's going to cost them nearly $30 million because that's how high the salaries for receivers have grown. And if they let him walk, there's going to be a feeding frenzy. He's going to get paid one way or the other.

I hope he stays,but if he goes go to the afc, so he won't come back and kill us!!

There are so many variations of every ones' draft that I just don't care & won't until the draft starts with the first round being completed. I'm not the one making the decisions so no one will listen to me.

Jerry, how do you feel about Elon Musk buying Twitter?

I hate it, Moe. When Trump is welcomed back, I'll take it as my sign to leave the platform. It's something where the richest man in the world earns billions while evading most income taxes and benefiting from billions in tax credits and the infrastructure that the public pays for and uses his loot to buy rockets and propaganda tools. Meanwhile, there are millions of starving people in this country and hundreds of millions more worldwide. Our priorities are so screwed up.

By the way, I talked to my brother and sister-in-law and whereas she is game to go to the Steelers draft showcase, he's less interested. They're much more excited about the fact that we're within three hours of five NFL teams, so they'll have plenty of opportunities to see their team in the future.

OK. I always like the draft fest because you got to meet the [at least] the first round draft
    pic & some other past/present Steelers. The interviews were great. But, this year there will be no Tunch Ilkin, who passed away from ALS. Always liked him & his views.
    What could I say about Musk/Twitter that hasn't already been said? Nothing.......
    And are you tuning in tonight?

One eye will be on the Philly vs Toronto game, hoping Philly will finally play to potential and close out. The other eye will be on the draft. I'll probably have the game on TV and two windows open on the computer, one on ESPN and the other on NFL Network. It'll be kind of boring because Atlanta's drafting at 8 and Miami's not picking until round 3. Tomorrow, Atlanta has four picks, so I'll be much more in tune then.

Somebody asked Miami's GM what he'll be doing during the first day of the draft since the Dolphins don't have a pick. He responded by saying they'd all be watching Tyreke Hill highlights. Miami's going to have a very exciting season, win or lose.

Indeed they will! I'll do my best to make it to 20 unless the Steelers trade up. There are rumors... & I hope it's not for a QB. I always say fix your lines unless there's such a stellar QB specimen.

Most seem to think a QB@20 is a lock for Pittsburgh. Some criticized them for taking Najee Harris in the first round last year. Best answer to criticism is winning and proving the critics wrong. Atlanta's not picking until about 9:20 PM. I'm guessing the Steelers will be on the clock after 10:30 PM.

It's looking like Pittsburgh will have a chance to snatch a QB, Moe. Four picks to go and only the Stains are possibly interested in grabbing one before you. Well, unless somebody makes a trade. If they don't get one at 20, I'm thinking you're officially in the Baker Mayfield market for a late round pick this year or next.

And as predicted, Pittsburgh gets the first QB off the board. Kenny Pickett will probably step in right away and start for y'all. And he's a hometown talent, too. Guess they learned from passing over Dan Marino.

BTW: After the pick, Mike Tomlin was grinning ear to ear. I never saw him smile before and now I might not be able to sleep tonight.

Jerry, I am in deep shock!!!!!!!!! Never did I think any of the QB's would be there!! If anyone knows exactly who they picked they do!!! I guess I wasn't a QB fan this class but the trend on the board was amazing!!

Derek London??? Wondering about this pick. He doesn't run well. Wonder if Garrett Wilson would've been a better choice. Too late now...... Day 2 will be more interesting.

Well,my home team passed on[hamilton]and picked the kid from pitt...just what we need......... Another short reciever!!

Receivers went fast. And there's still some good ones available. Falcons fans lost their collective noodles when London was the pick. Some wanted a defensive lineman, others somebody on the offensive line, and then, some wanted Wilson. I'm fine with the pick. The kid has sticky fingers and I like receivers who catch with their hands. With four picks tonight, it should be an exciting evening*.

*Translation: "Exciting evening" for Falcons fans means more opportunities to fight over who we selected. I've never witnessed a draft where most of the fans were happy with more than two picks.

There were so many different things that happened with the first night!
    Let's hope the remaining part of it won't disappoint!

Well, I can't speak for you, but I wasn't disappointed in the least. Falcons nabbed Desmond Ridder at QB and three guys for their defensive line and linebacking units. Of course, Falcons fans griped about most of it, but folks who are in the know are very happy with the haul. With five picks in the first two days, I would have been happy with three starters or significant contributors and I think we might wind up with four or five. Things are looking up, to be sure.

You should've seen my face when I saw you got Ridder!! Now THAT'S a great pick! Yes, I have to agree with you......you're having a great draft! With the addition of Pickett some writers have written us off. I'm good with it. But I do like Pickens! I don't know much about the guy from Texas A&M but we have 2 guys already from there [[Moore & Johnson).
    Did you see Ed Marinaro? SMH.......

The Commanders got Sam Howell in the FIFTH round. Wow. He's going to be their starter by 2023. I'd like to know why he slid so far, but that's a great get for Jai's team.

After all the Commander Craziness I hope the fans are happy with that!!
    How bout the Steelers drafting Connor Hayward? Now we have 2 sets of brothers!

Saw that. Cam's tweet that he's about to get a roommate was funny.

And I forgot that the Watt & Hayward brothers aren't the only brother combination on the Steelers roster. They also have the Edmunds & the Davis brothers so 4 sets. WOW!
    Are you happy with your draft?

Yeah, I'm really pleased with how things played out. Atlanta's a year away from being truly competitive. They have to get rid of the dead money from Matt Ryan's contract [and a few others] but next season, there's $100 million to spend and that's going to work out nicely. This draft was pretty nice, though. If we can keep Mariota on his feet and manage to block for our rushers, I can see us winning 6-8 games. That's probably two more than I'd predict before the draft.

And Miami only had four picks, but they found a couple of guys who should compete for significant time. They did most of their damage before the draft by hauling in some great talent in free agency and with the Tyreke Hill trade. It was a boring draft for Dolphins fans, but nobody's unhappy because the season looks promising.

But both teams are better after the draft.

Hey jerry,i'm not up on howell,is he any good?? I hear that he was almost the first rounder a couple of years ago is that right?

Yeah, if he chose to come out last year, he would have been in the discussion with Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, and Zach Wilson regarding who should be selected at the top of the first round. He lost millions by going back to school. He'll be your starter by 2023.

Jerry & R&B, I am waiting for the NFL schedule to come out at 8pm. As usual, at 6pm every one's home opener is announced. We open in Cincinnati but our home opener is the following week against the Patriots. This is the 8th year in a row that the Steelers start the season opener away. Guess Roger Dodger doesn't want us to open at home the first week. SMH

Oh, my goodness, the NFL screwed Miami bad with their schedule. Three times, they're playing back-to-back games on the road [including a back-to-back-to-back] and only twice play back-to-back home games [one of which is split by a bye week]. It's going to be tough sledding, especially since they're playing Buffalo AND New England on the road in December. They couldn't give them a worse schedule.

And Atlanta's got a pretty good schedule of home and away dates, but between the lack of talent and the teams we're playing, we'll be lucky to win more than four games this year. But that's cool. Next year will have an almost unprecedented talent infusion.

The league cut us some slack at the start[jacksonville-detroit]of course that doesn't mean we won't muck it up and lose one or both of those.

Jerry, I see where the Steelers will be playing the Falcons......but it's in Atlanta. Darn.
    So what do you think will happen to Baker?
    And, have you heard anything about McCafferty being traded from the Panthers to the Commanders?

I think Seattle will trade a third round pick for him after OTAs. Probably the first week of June. Cleveland's going to have to eat at least $9 million of his salary. Everybody's made at Cleveland for giving Watson a fully guaranteed $235 million deal because it's going to give every free agent QB a baseline for how to structure his contract. So they're not going to do the Browns any favors, knowing that they have to get rid of Mayfield.

I don't think Carolina's in the market for him because they drafted Matt Corral and he's already a poor man's version of Mayfield with his entitled attitude. Bringing Mayfield to Charlotte would not be wise, in my opinion. I'm surprised they didn't package him in the deal to get Watson because Houston might be a good landing spot for him. It just makes sense that Seattle would be where he goes, but since they're probably the only team that wants him, there's no need for them to bid against themselves to get him.

Haven't heard about McCaffrey being traded. He's a fantastic player but he's always hurt. A healthy Christian McCaffrey makes the Commanders a dangerous team.

With McCaffrey, that was the reason that was mentioned [that he was always hurt]. And traded to the Commanders because of Ron Rivera.

Apparently, he wants to play for a winner and is willing to hold out of training camp and offseason conditioning if he's not traded. These guys are a hoot when they get a Brinks truck offloaded at their bank but fail to realize that massive amounts of loot in their pockets greatly diminish their teams' ability to fill out a roster. Julio did the same thing as McCaffrey by signing for the most money for a wide receiver before missing huge chunks of the season on injury. I support players in every financial dispute, but actions have consequences. And in these cases, consequences refers to opportunity costs of spending money on them instead of somebody else.

Well said, Jerry

Hmmm... If this story is to be believed, I may have surmised correctly when I said the Panthers and Seahawks were the most likely landing spots for Baker. Still think he winds up in Seattle, but it might only be after Cleveland cuts him. There's no way they can afford to give Watson $45 million while paying Baker $19 million to stay home. Teams know it and are refusing to either give Cleveland a decent draft pick or pick up his entire salary to acquire him. There are now suggestions that the Browns will have to cut Jacoby Brissett if they don't find a trade partner. Cleveland played itself.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...n-donald-more/

I saw something briefly on the computer about inept owners. Top of the list was [you guessed it] the owner of the Browns, Jimmy Haslam

And what about the toxicology report on Haskins? I think they said his Blood Alcohol was .at least .2? And he had Ketamine in his system. Goes to show you sometimes the demons don't go away. Awwwww....what a future he could've had.

I heard about it. So sad. Hopefully, his will be a cautionary tale to save lives. Such a tragic waste of what should have been a full life.

Steelers have their GM.
    Sources: Pittsburgh Steelers expected to promote Omar Khan to take over as GM

10:07 PM ET

• Brooke PryorESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to name Omar Khan the next general manager, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

After interviewing more than a dozen candidates for the general manager position, the Steelers selected Khan, who's been with the organization for more than two decades. He started with the Steelers as a football operations coordinator in 2001 and was promoted to director of football administration in 2011. He spent the past six seasons as the vice president of football and business administration.

Khan was considered a favorite during the exhaustive search that also included interviews with Brandon Hunt, Steelers' director of pro scouting. Outgoing general manager Kevin Colbert announced he was stepping down following the 2021 season, but he left open the possibility to stay on in an advisory role after more than two decades with the Steelers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-khan-take-gm

I'm not surprised & very happy for him. My sister knows him & likes him very much.
    I just hope the Twitter heathens give him a chance!

So, did the Steelers do enough to shore up their OL in the offseason?
    Dan Moore: Steelers showed confidence in me, but I have to keep working

Posted by Josh Alper on May 30, 2022, 4:21 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Steelers addressed needs on their offensive line early in free agency by signing Mason Cole and James Daniels to play on the interior this season.
    They did not sign or draft any tackles, however, and that leaves Dan Moore on track to start at left tackle again this season. Moore was a fourth-round pick last year and got bumped up to the first team shortly before the start of the regular season.

Moore started 16 games and the Steelers’ lack of moves to find another answer at the position suggests they think his play will continue to improve. Moore said last week that he appreciates that show of confidence.

“I do, but at the same time you got to keep working” Moore said, via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Obviously I came in and won a job, so somebody can easily come in and do that so I have to keep working.”

Right tackle Chuks Okorafor re-signed with the team in March, so the Steelers will go with continuity on the edges while remaking the center of the line.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-keep-working/

I saw another story besides this one. It involved Green & Dotson. Green, as you know played center a lot last year. But he didn't do too well. And Dotson is coming off an ankle injury. So how do those two fit into the OLine?