[REMOVE ADS]

Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 43 83 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 103 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,650 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Eric Bienemy has been passed over constantly, even though he's regarded as one of the best OCs in the NFL. There have been subtly leaked rumors that he interviews poorly. Not poorly enough that he didn't get the Chiefs job, but whatever. Some dude on Twitter tried to tell me he was being passed over because he had an altercation in which he physically assaulted a woman in 2005 and teams didn't want him to be the face of their organizations because of that.

I tweeted an article where Jim Harbaugh - every fanbase's dreamboy, apparently - was convicted of drunk driving in 2006. When he said beating someone was way worse than drunk driving, I asked if he ever lost a family member to drunk driving. His last reply was "Nobody's hiring that felon". I try to avoid arguments on Twitter these days, but some people demand them and I'm still too eager to deliver.

I have to agree with you, Jerry. Twitter has sunk to some lows. After the Super Bowl I usually tune it out until the draft. Fine with me.

I need to give Twitter a break like I've been giving Facebook. Maybe check in once or twice a week. I've already had one account suspended. I got a day for referring to Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron as a coon after his sham investigation into Breonna Taylor's murder. I deserved that one.

Then, after tweeting that although I didn't wish ill on anyone, hopefully the COVID protesters from last summer had the decency to die at home instead of flooding into hospitals and clogging up resources. I got an undeserved week off because they said it was against Twitter rules to wish harm on others. I didn't do that, but there's no appeal process.

Finally, they suspended me permanently after Candace Owens tweeted that it was time for us to return to 1776 and have a revolution. I reminded her that in 1776, she wouldn't be tweeting because she'd be too busy suckling massa's children. Twitter cancelled my account. I don't think I deserved it, but whatever.

I've already been suspended for a week with my new account after tweeting that it was convenient for the NFL to fire John Gruden, not because he a massive [slur], but because he was a massive [slur] to Roger Goodell.

Since then, I hardly reply on Twitter and I try not to reply if I'm upset about something I read or anything else. I'm a different man since Trump became president and I don't seem to be as decent in the face of indecency as I used to be.

There's a LOT of comments on Twitter that, if I don't switch off of it right away I would probably be either in the "principal's office" or in "time out." I just can't anymore.

And yes, you are right; Roger Dodger will do ANYTHING to protect his image, as well as the NFL's. I don't think people realize how much $$$ he's made for those owners. And $$$ is the bottom line.

Ooh, Jerry, you finished Candace’s idiotic, tap-dancing ass! Good for you!

Not good in the end, Sans. I had to jump through multiple hoops to get a new account under a different phone number.

**Fun Fact** Did you know that without a cell, you can't set up a Twitter account?

**Fun Fact #2** Did you know that once suspended, Twitter will prevent you from using your cell # and does all sorts of verifying steps if you're setting a new account from your old account's most frequently used IP address?

Speaking of BLM's #1 ally, Roger Goodell:

Teryl Austin is being promoted to DC in Pittsburgh.

Source: Pittsburgh Steelers finalizing deal to promote Teryl Austin to defensive coordinator1:16 PM ET
    Brooke Pryor
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers didn't have to look far to find their next defensive coordinator.

The organization is finalizing a deal with senior defensive assistant and secondary coach Teryl Austin to replace outgoing defensive coordinator Keith Butler, who retired last month, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The sides are working out the details of the contract Sunday, the source said.

The news of Austin's promotion was first reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Austin, entering his fourth season with the Steelers and 19th in the league, previously served as the defensive coordinator for the Lions and Bengals. Before his stints in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, Austin coached defensive backs for the Seahawks, Cardinals and Ravens. He also split defensive coordinator duties with Mike Tomlin for one game this season when Butler was sidelined in COVID-19 protocols.

"TA, he's a great coach," safety Minkah Fitzpatrick said in January. "I'm not going to talk too good about him because I want him to stay in Pittsburgh. I know everybody else is trying to get at him. He's a great coach. I love his attention to detail, the way that he approaches the game, the way he lets the players have a voice. A lot of coaches don't really let players have a voice. I'm appreciative of that."

Days before his promotion with the Steelers, the Giants requested an interview with Austin for their defensive coordinator opening. Austin, though, chose to remain in Pittsburgh.

Though the Steelers conducted outside interviews for the position, Austin, 56, who played safety at the University of Pittsburgh, was viewed as a favorite throughout the process.

The Steelers have a history of internal promotions for coordinator positions, previously elevating Matt Canada from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator before last season, and Butler was promoted from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator in 2015 to take over for Dick LeBeau.

"He's a real personable person who really enjoys what he does," cornerback Cam Sutton said of Austin in January. "He's a guy who really comes energized every single day, from start to finish, feeling his best, feeling his worst, you name it. A guy who's always pushing all his chips into the middle of the table to help us collectively."
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ve-coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Speaking of BLM's #1 ally, Roger Goodell:
    Total BS..............

I had a feeling about Teryl Austin.......it's the Steelers way [hire from within].

You were right, Jerry. Mike McDaniel is the new coach of the Dolphins.

Is Lovie Smith the next coach of the Texans???

If he is, it's because nobody else wants the job and they're trying to keep out of the controversy after firing a Black head coach after one year in which he did an objectively and subjectively good job. Don't get me wrong, Lovie Smith clearly possesses the bona fides, but his name only came into the conversation after Flo made it very clear that the Good Ol' Boys Network was full of good ol' boys and had very few Black men.

And now the business with Alvin Kamara......

I need to read the details on that. Sounds bad from all of the headlines that I've been reading, though.

Wait til you see the pics......

I just read a report on it. And saw the photo of the victim in the hospital. No way he's not getting prison time for this. How stupid does Kamara have to be?

Stains have now lost their coach, QB, all-pro receiver [Michael Thomas, unless he returns to form next season] and pro bowl running back. They're going to be forced into a total rebuild.

JAI!!!!! PORZINGiS FOR SPENCER DINWIDDIE? Looks like the Quizards aren't going down without a fight. He might be enough to make Beal reconsider leaving.

BUT DOES HE HAVE ANYTHING LEFT, THEM STUPID GIZZARDS HAVE A HISTORY OF BUYING BROKEN PARTS...OH AND AS FOR BEAL,LET HIM WALK GOOD RIDDENCE CLEAN HOUSE I WANT EM ALL GONE...EXCEPT FOR- KUZMA[UP AND COMING] THIS SHOULD BE HIS TEAM NOW, BEAL KNOWS THAT ONLY THE[stupidcantgetittogetherdesperateenoughtobeghimtost ay]GIZZARDS THINK THAT HE'S THE GOLDEN CHILD...WAKE UP GIZ-IT'S FOOLS GOLD-I'M OUT!!!

The only question with the Broken Unicorn is whether he can stay on the court. He's an arrogant SOB but if he can return to full health [big "if"], he's a good pickup. Y'all gave up big pieces to get him, though. Dinwiddie and Bertans are going to make Dallas a really good team, especially since Porzingis has missed so many games. Looks like Quizards fans are split on the trade.

And TJ Watt DPOTY!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!! I am so excited for him!!!!!!

He had a great season. Glad to see him recognized. I hope his brother returns to form next season so we can see the best of both of them.

I do too, Jerry. JJ has been so banged up but he keeps on playing. And then there's the other brother, Derek, who also plays for the Steelers. Not sure where he fits in [ST, Fullback] just not sure,

Who do think will win the Super bowl?

I think the Rams will dial up pressure without blitzing and that might be enough to give them the edge. With that being said, Cincinnati is capable of scoring so quickly, I'd never count them out. I can imagine them coming back from double digits in the last quarter so it should be exciting. I turned last year's game off in the first quarter and I'm glad I did.

My Steelers-loving big brother wants me to watch with him over our Mom's house, but I'm thinking I'm watching it at home. The last family gathering left me and five others with Omicron and my wife would lose a nut if I didn't learn my lesson. Especially since I brought it home and gave it to her.

Wow!! I didn't know that. So your brother moved? I thought you two would watch it together & your mother would have to intervene [LOL]. Super Bowl Sunday is the one day that I cook various things [i.e. my husband's faves] for a buffet. I will to some extent, but I am starting the process to officially move to Tennessee tomorrow so I may be off the grid from time to time for the next 2-3 weeks.

I have to give the edge to the Rams since they're playing "at home." That crowd means a lot. I can prove it in Pittsburgh. I read that the price of the tickets decreased drastically yesterday. They usually do except when the Steelers played the Packers in 2011 there were so many fans looking for tickets there that the price went up. I saw it for myself.

So, are you planning on seeing any games at Heinz after you guys move? I'd guess it's an 8 hour drive, but I can imagine you finding a a way. It used to take me 10 hours to drive home when I lived in Memphis and that was almost a straight shot with only two route changes on the way.

We are keeping the tickets for the time being I think. It would be very hard to part with tickets that go all the way back to Pitt Stadium. When I think of all of the relatives who “inherited” these tickets I cringe right now at the thought of giving them up.

If you can't make it to a game, let me know. I may know somebody who would be interested [now that they live 2 hours away instead of three time zones].

I'm sure you're happy that he's close. I'll let you know. In the meantime I've been a bit out of touch with the start of this move. What happened to OBJ? Was it ACL?

Last I heard, it was a suspected ACL tear. Hate to see it. After a rough time in Cleveland - being made the scapegoat for why Baker Mayfield was underwhelming - he had a happy ending but the injury puts his future at risk. Hopefully, he bounces back.

Rumors are starting to swirl about the Steelers trading for Carson Wentz. Probably started by Carson Wentz's agent, if I had to guess. Thoughts?

Wow! Mike Tomlin hired Brian Flores as a linebackers coach and defensive assistant. Credit to both Tomlin and Art II for doing it. Of course, he's underemployed, but I'm convinced the other 31 teams are not happy about him working anywhere.

Carson Wentz? No, no way.......high priced & made of glass.

Leave it to Rooney & the Steelers to hire Flores. Do you think there may be some clashes between Tomlin & Flores? Just asking....
    You bet he's underemployed but what a pickup!!

I don't see them clashing openly. I think they'll have a very tight mutual respect society between them. Wouldn't be surprised to see Flo elevated to DC in 2023. He'll never coach again. I can see teams interviewing him as a token Rooney Rule compliance gesture, though.

Dolphins fans are joking about Flo and Minkah Fitzpatrick reuniting after Flo's insistence that Fitzpatrick take reps at CB [to increase his versatility] led to the player demanding his way out of South Beach. Flo is famously inflexible and a complaining player is not something for which he cares. Of course, this isn't his team.

No it isn't. That issue was brought up on Twitter. Since Flores isn't the DC & Ausitn is I think there will be an effort by all parties to play nice. We'll see......

They're professionals. Fans sometimes project their own narratives into situations that are actually much less dramatic than they want to believe. Flo never had a bad word to say about Fitzpatrick, although I'm sure Fitzpatrick had to have expressed his happiness about landing in Pittsburgh after the trade. There will be no drama between them.

Wow. Hey Jai, I just saw where Charley Taylor died. Sad to hear. He was very underrated in his time.

Oh well. Saw a video on Twitter where a Canadian guy fought with security agents of a ski resort when they told him he needed to wear a mask. Somebody responded that they should have left him alone because the science doesn't support mask wearing outdoors.

I replied [verbatim, BTW] "There's no science to support 'No shirt, no service' either. Go die on that hill."

Twitter suspended me for "encouraging suicide or self-harm". Why do I even try. I like Twitter, but their algorithm apparently filters out context. Facebook's does as well. Think I'm going to be primarily a Reddit guy when it comes to participation in discussions on social media from now on.

Jerry, I saw that video of the Canadian at the ski resort. He was in front of the chair lift. He acted out in front of his kids, it looked like. And who was filming the incident? His wife? What kind of father would do that in front of his kids? Looked like a real asshole to me. And they suspended you for that comment? SMH here.......

Yeah, they did. I'm scared to post almost anything on Twitter because the next hit will result in losing my second account. I get a lot of news from Twitter, but when it comes to discourse, I'm clearly better off somewhere else.

How in the world can "Go die on that hill" be misconstrued as encouraging violence or self harm? SMH.

People/companies are getting a bit too sensitive these days.

It's all good. I'm simply not going to reply to 90% of what typically gets a response from me. I tend to be a little... sharp [if not vitriolic] in a lot of my online interactions. And I find it hard to suffer fools, but that's a problem I'll overcome. All things considered, that's a first world problem if ever there was one, so I'm not going to sweat it.

And there really are some fools on Twitter!!!

Got a text from my girlfriend. Included was a pic. It said "this is my friend from high school....he's the new DC for the Steelers." It was a pic of Teryl Austin. It'll be interesting to see how the combination of Austin/Flores will work out. I'm optimistic.

And speaking of Flores, did you read about his refusal to sign the NDA [[which cost him $$$$) & when the Dolphins refuted that Flores's lawyer then quickly posted a pic of his NDA with no signature?

Yeah, I saw that. The organization looked stupid refuting it after he dropped the receipts. Now, they're saying [essentially] "We weren't wrong because he said Stephen Ross asked him to sign it and there's no evidence Mr. Ross asked him anything" as if the team's chief legal counsel [whose name is on the unsigned document] doesn't speak for the owner. The more the Dolphins and the NFL try to counter him, the deeper they dig themselves into a hole. And I'm here for all of it.

Me too, Jerry! I want a seat & please pass the popcorn.......

Hey jerry,charly taylor was a great one, when he retired he held the most catches in the league, and he coached art monk too...one of the legends of the game!!

Hey moe,who's gonna be your new[qb]? Well i know that tomblin will get it right, as for my home team we need one too but i think we'll mess it up like most other things-sigh!!!

That's a very good question, R&B! Sorry, I've been somewhat out of touch. Finally moved this past week. I was all set to do this move solo when my husband [at the last minute] got the week off & it was a real blessing.

A couple from Atlanta dropped by the neighborhood & the husband asked me the same thing. I told him the QB crop this year isn't the best. And you know Pickett & Co. will be gone by the time our number comes up anyway. So I said to draft every position needed first, give Rudolph one year & then the QB situation will be better to draft.

There's too many rumors flying on Twitter. Jerry, you know how Twitter is. They have us signing Rogers [too $$$] & who knows what else. As a result I scaled back looking at it, too.

Amari Cooper?

Amari Cooper is going to stifle the trade market for Calvin Ridley. I'm still hoping he returns to play for Atlanta. There were a record number of wide receivers running sub-4.4 times in the 40 yard dash at the NFL combine in Indy, though. So I'd expect a couple of really good receivers to slip into the third round in this year's draft.

Calvin Ridley suspended for the entire 2022 season for betting on games?