[REMOVE ADS]

Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 81 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 101 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,550 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

You may be right, Jai. There are rumors that Aaron Rodgers is telling folks he's planning on boycotting the Super Bowl if the Packers make it. He wants to throw a negative light on the league's COVID protocol. I don't wish any player to be injured, but if somebody ripped his leg off on the field and beat his *** with it, I won't be sad. And they blackballed Collin Kaepernick for WHAT again?

Speaking of which, now that Houston fired David Culley, the 32-team NFL has a total of one Black head coach, and that's Mike Tomlin. Think about that when you read the anti-racism messages they paint in the end zone.

Right you are, Jerry!!!!!!! I think it's disgusting!!! There are so many deserving black candidates!! Hypocrites!!

Here we go...the start of wild card football. Any thoughts?

How 'bout them Bills?????????

And congratulations to the Bengals. But they need to do better in pressuring the QB & against the run.

Good Luck today, Ms M.....

Thanks Moe, It's going to be a VERY interesting afternoon!

Yes it is!!! Philly showed up too late to the game. And is Brady still in the game?

Excellent throw by Dak. Go Boyz!

That one pass for the TD to Cooper was great!!

Well that sucked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jimmy G.
    LOL

Touchdown!

Jimmy G doesn't appear to be as mobile as Prescott.

Good googly moogly, replay has played a huge role in these last couple of weeks.

Ohhhhhhh Ms M, I'm so sorry!:[[

Sorry, ms_m. But your offensive coordinator needs to be fired. That was one of the worst calls in that situation that I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Jimmy G doesn't appear to be as mobile as Prescott.
    And as quiet as it's kept he can't throw accurately or consistently) passed 20/25 yards. He has a good supporting cast.
    Last edited by ms_m; 01-16-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Sorry, ms_m. But your offensive coordinator needs to be fired. That was one of the worst calls in that situation that I can imagine.
    Kellen was actually on fire for most of the year and will probably get some serious looks from other teams. Besides, it wasn't just him....shrugs!

Jeebus....that man [[Tomlinson) is foine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Kellen was actually on fire for most of the year and will probably get some serious looks from other teams. Besides, it wasn't just him....shrugs!
    Yeah, he called good games all year. But running a QB draw with 14 seconds without getting out of bounds? If he's not running out of bounds, he has to take a knee sooner to set up and spike the ball. He would have been better to keep running and start lateraling. I hate that ending and I have no dog in the fight.

Well, my seat is still somewhat warm on the loser's couch. I expected no miracles. Ben, time to go & call it a day.
    On to the next round........
    And at least 8-10 inches of snow here with [supposedly] some more to come

We got dumped on, too. Looks like about four inches near my home. Best thing about being retired is being able to rearrange priorities on days of bad weather so I can leave or stay home if I want. I'm staying home today.

Pittsburgh's quarterback situation is going to be a huge story this offseason. There aren't a lot of good QBs in the draft and there are a few teams in need of replacements.

Got that right, Jerry. I have no idea to even speculate as to what they're going to do. And supposedly this will be the last draft for Kevin Colbert, our GM. Rumor is he will retire.

He's going to retire after the draft? That's unfair to whoever taking his place.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...opps-ahem...i mean,aww the poor dallas cowbutts[hehe]...[ms m my love] i told you this would happen when your boyz met a real team,well they did and they lost...jerry jones looked like he aged ten years up in his box..one word-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    He's going to retire after the draft? That's unfair to whoever taking his place.
    That's the rumor, Jerry. Colbert always signs one year deals. But this rumor came out a few weeks ago. We'll see.

And so the Rams are the last one in.......

I can own the lost Jai but I wouldn't call the Niners a real team.

Morning, Ms M........

There's an element of truth in your statement

On espn.com this morning:
    Mike Tomlin says 'all options' on table this offseason to find next Pittsburgh Steelers starting QB

2:50 PM ET
    Brooke Pryor
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- For the first time in his 15-year head-coaching career, Mike Tomlin is entering an offseason without Ben Roethlisberger as the Pittsburgh Steelers' franchise quarterback for the upcoming season.

While Roethlisberger, 39, has yet to make the official announcement, Tomlin said he's "proceeding with the assumption" that the longtime quarterback won't be playing next year. Earlier this season, Roethlisberger said "all signs" pointed to the Week 17 win against the Cleveland Browns being his final home game at Heinz Field. After the Steelers' playoff exit against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Roethlisberger didn't use the word retirement but called his 18-year career with the franchise "an honor'' and said he is "looking forward" to the next chapter.

That means Tomlin is tasked with finding the Steelers' next franchise quarterback.

"I'm excited about that -- that challenge," he said in his annual season wrap-up Tuesday. "Those of us that are competitors are. It's a challenge, man. It kind of makes you uneasy. But I've learned to run to those challenges. I've learned to appreciate those challenges. The uncertainty surrounding them is inspiring to me in terms of producing work."

The Steelers will undoubtedly bring in new arms to compete for the starting job, and Tomlin said he doesn't care if the fresh faces come from free agency, a trade or the 2022 NFL draft.

"All options are on the table," Tomlin said. "I enjoy working with [general manager] Kevin [Colbert] this time of year because we speak plain English. We have to improve our football team. There's two major ways you do it. You do it to free agency, and you do it through the draft. We have to look at what's available to us in the draft positionally. And we have to look at what's available to us, potentially, in free agency, positionally, and then we kind of bring those two discussions together. And it kind of gives us a path in which to go about addressing our needs."

With more cap flexibility than in previous seasons, the team could explore adding a quarterback via trade, like Russell Wilson, or sign a midlevel veteran, such as a free-agent quarterback like Jameis Winston, to either be a bridge or the next franchise quarterback.

The Steelers are slated to pick No. 20 overall in the upcoming draft, and with a weaker quarterback class, a player such as Pitt's Kenny Pickett or North Carolina's Sam Howell could be available at the Steelers' selection.

Tomlin also said he hasn't expressed a preference between bringing in a veteran over a rookie to avoid a rebuilding process.

In looking for a quarterback, Tomlin acknowledged that mobility is an important positional trait.

"Man, quarterback mobility is valued not only by me but everyone," he said. "It's just a component of today's game and increasingly so."

The Steelers enter the 2022 season with only one quarterback under contract in Mason Rudolph, though Dwayne Haskins also spent the 2021 season on the Steelers' roster. Tomlin said both will have the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

"Mason and Dwayne have had their moments, but they'll have to prove that," Tomlin said when asked whether either could be an every-day starter. "And not only in the team development process but through playing itself. They're guys that start that I wouldn't characterize as every-day starters. And so they'll be given an opportunity to establish themselves, and there's going to be competition. There always is.

"I think that both guys have positioned themselves to fight that fight with what they've done from a work standpoint and a professionalism standpoint in 2021."

Rudolph started one game this season -- a tie in Week 10 against the then-winless Detroit Lions -- and completed 30 of 50 attempts for 242 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He also started eight games in 2019, taking over the job after Roethlisberger's season-ending elbow injury. But he split time with Devlin "Duck" Hodges.

Haskins, meanwhile, was active for only one game during the 2021 season after signing with the Steelers in the offseason. He competed with Rudolph for the backup spot during training camp but ultimately landed as the No. 3. The 2019 first-rounder started 13 games with the Washington Football Team before being released late in the 2020 season.

In addition to addressing the future at quarterback, Tomlin also touched on the future of other key members of his staff and the Steelers' organization.

• Tomlin expressed confidence in first-year offensive coordinator Matt Canada, seemingly a sign that Canada will return for at least one more season.

"I'm optimistic about Matt and what he's capable of doing," he said. "I acknowledge that we took a step back. There are some obvious tangible reasons why that occurred. ... We've got to be better. We intend to be. And that's going to require a lot of planning and work. Players and coaches."

Tomlin also acknowledged frustration with the lack of offensive success. The Steelers averaged 4.8 yards per play in 2021 after averaging 5.2 in 2020.

"I'm not expressing satisfaction with any component of it," he said. "I'm just acknowledging that he brings things to the table that are attractive, and we need to be better and we will be and that, you know, that's a component of it as well. But I'm not acknowledging satisfaction with any component of what it is that we've done as I sit here today."

• Tomlin said he and defensive coordinator Keith Butler, 65, have previously had conversations about 2021 being Butler's last season. Butler's one-year extension ends after the 2021 season.

"Butz has had conversations about this being potentially his last year," Tomlin said. "He and I have not had an opportunity to sit down. I'm doing player interviews. He's doing player interviews, and so we haven't had a detailed conversation in that regard. But defensively, you know, we didn't play as well as we'd like either. We've got to get better in that area."

• Although Colbert's contract expires after the 2022 NFL draft, Tomlin is still working closely with him to come up with a plan for this offseason. The two have also talked about Colbert's future with the team.

"He and I have had discussions about it," Tomlin said. "But I'll leave it to Kevin to address any issues regarding him on his future. My plan and our plan is to proceed in the short term and like we always do."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-starting-qb

Yeah, I watched the press conference. I wasn't a fan of possibly keeping Matt Canada. We'll see where that goes.
    You hear anything about Derick Henry returning for the Bengals/Titans game?

No. I think the last I heard [from a couple of weeks ago] was that he might be back by the AFC championship game. Tennessee might be the favorites to win it all if he makes it back and in shape.

I think of all the games this weekend the one I most want to see is Buffalo/KC. I would like to see Buffalo knock off KC. They've never won it.
    And, as I've said before I would also like to see Tennessee win it. But I think Buffalo is playing better. Your thoughts?

Buffalo plays well one week and then struggles the next. If they can maintain their intensity level, they're capable of winning. Kansas City is looking more and more like they did two years ago. Should be an exciting game.

I think the scariest player Green Bay better watch out for is Deebo Samuel. I think Ms M made some positive comments about him. She is right.
    You are right, Jerry about Buffalo's consistency. But I wish them well. Along with the Titans over the Bengals.

Deebo Samuel is an enigma. He plays all over the place. Elijah Mitchell is no joke, either. If their defense can make Aaron Rodgers work for it, the Niners have a chance.

I agree. Doesn't Green Bay have a tendency to kinda fold during the playoffs?
    Didn't they last year? Forgive me, my mind is pretty snowy [[LOL). The plow piles
    stand tall & proud here [[from the storm). I've been shoveling just to create adequate
    space for our garbage can & our neighbor's [[who's ill & needs help).

They've been epic chokers in the Rodgers era. He won his Super Bowl and every year since, the Pack have been good but fall short. Except for that epic year, Aaron Rodgers would be mentioned with Dan Marino as the best QB who never won a championship.

Our snow mostly melted yesterday. It got up to 46°. Today it's back in the 20s and it's not supposed to get higher than 33° for the next six days.

By the way, my brother is moving to town next week. Epic football arguments are about to ensue in person.

If I could be a fly on your wall during a game with both of you in the room........

We talk trash before games. He tries to rub stuff in, but that's not my movie. I know how salty I am when I lose, so I never rub it in when my team beats somebody else's. And wouldn't you know it, the Steelers are scheduled to play [tah-dahhhh!!] both Miami and Atlanta in 2022. Mom might have to sit in between us.

Just remember that Mama Don't Take No Mess. either......LOL

Nah, I have to be careful around Mom. My other brother used to try to make me laugh at sad/terrible scenes in movies when we watched them with Mom. Of course, we'd both laugh and Mom would shame us for it. One example was in Mad Max, when his wife was carrying their baby while being chased on foot by a motorcycle gang. At some point, the leader throttled his bike and you knew he killed them when a little red ball that the baby was holding rolled across the highway. There was absolutely nothing humorous at all about that, but my brother flashed me a "I dare you not to laugh" look with a smirk. We held out as long as possible before laughing out loud simultaneously.

Mom was having none of it and I'm still ashamed. That's how my relationship with my other brother is to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    i can own the lost jai but i wouldn't call the niners a real team.
    was that lost real enough??

At least your mother stays awake in the movies, Jerry. Mine would snore!

Derrick Henry has been activated. I saw a video of him in practice yesterday. His gait appears off. I could definitely be wrong but.......
    Weather for Green Bay COLD [[what else) & up to an inch of snow. So, normal weather for them. Even with that weather do you think Deebo Samuel will come through? And how about Jimmy G's injuries?

Predictions? Ms M? Jerry? R&B?

It's green bay's year,nobody is beating them and that includes the[g.o.a.t.]too!!

R&B,
    I have an open mind. As long as it's NOT the [goat]

Tennessee has a healthy Derrick Henry and a healthy Julio Jones [for now]. Cincinnati's defense is playing stout, as is Tennessee's. This may not be a game filled with fireworks like some predicted.

Bengals are really getting open on passes. And Derrick Henry starting to come to life.

How in the world do you win a game when your QB gets sacked NINE times? Burrow might be the NFL's version of the Natural.

I agree, Jerry. Bengals had to ability to get the open receiver ]unlike the Titans]. And those pics by the Bengals made the difference, too. And a shout out to Bengal's Mike Hilton. He played for the Steelers the last couple of seasons & played well. They didn't even offer him a contract! They gave the $$ to a few who didn't even play [Banner, for one]. I hope Colbert & Co are sitting at the table & eating crow!!

And bye bye Packers for another year........