[REMOVE ADS]

Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 99 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

That's a game between two teams that let their fans down this season. I'm calling Baker Mayfield "Faker May Yield" because he's falling way short. Browns have to figure out how much they're willing to pay him. I doubt they're going to franchise him, but since they have few [or no] options to replace him, he may have enough leverage to get more than he's worth.

BTW: I trailed my opponent in fantasy by 15 points at the end of the early games. He had one guy playing at 4:00 PM. Cool cool cool. I had Big Ben [projected to score 19 points], Tyreke Hill [17], Dolphins tight end Mike Gesicki [9.8] and Miami's defense [6.5]. Somehow, Big Ben and Tyreke Hill combined to give me 10 points total. Ten. Total. Points.

I needed 15 points to win. Thank goodness, the Fins D gave me 28, which is a crazy amount. Now, even if I lose, I get at least my registration fee back. If I win, I'm taking $200 or so. But I watched Kansas City v Pittsburgh with great interest, just knowing that I was going to be ahead by halftime and neither guy did anything. Worst game that I saw Roethlisberger play [I think he really is going to quit] and Hill only got about three targets.

SMH.

John Madden, 85.......has passed away. No details yet.:[[

I saw that. That's sad news. Fox Sports just dropped a documentary about him over the weekend. His Raiders used to beat the Dolphins, even when the Dolphins were still a dominant team [early to mid-70s].

He's one of the VERY few who could go into the Pro Football HOF 3 ways: a coach, a broadcaster, a contributor [[the Madden Game). I remember when he was the coach!
    Wow, he will be sorely missed!

In his press conference Ben Rothlisberger announced that Monday Night's Game against the Browns would "probably be his last home game." It was all over Pittsburgh that Ben had asked several old teammates to come to Monday Night's Game. So there's probably an end to the Big Ben era.

He's a future hall of famer. How rare is it for somebody to spend his whole career with one team in this era? There are rumors swirling that the Steelers' quickest way to bridge the next year or so would be to trade for **ta-daaaa** Matt Ryan. Not sure what Atlanta would do to bridge the next year or so if they made that trade.

I just heard the very same rumor today! But I also heard Russell Wilson to the Steelers!
    I'll believe it when it's final.

Unlike this year, next year's draft doesn't have any QBs who are supposed to be sure things at the next level. There'll be good or great ones, to be sure. But they won't check all of the boxes the way Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance and Mac Jones did. Even with that being the case, only Jones has led his team to a winning record in his first season. Teams like Pittsburgh and Atlanta have hard choices to make. I don't picture Seattle at a crossroads yet with Wilson unhappy but well-fed. Browns might have to franchise May-yield because he's going to have suitors if they let him hit the market.

Didn't they pick up his option?

56-14...may we rest in peices[hehehe]what was it that smokey said...laugh to keep from crying..hey jerry,how's this for insane..the[wft]could still make the playoffs[playoffs???]and your falcons miss out,wacky,wacky world!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Didn't they pick up his option?
    I just checked and you're correct. For some reason, I was understanding he was in a contract year. So, they're tethered to him for another season. Makes it more interesting to me that Tua's having a heckuva season in Miami [if not full of highlights of bombs and spectacular plays] and half of the fan base is dying to dump him. But he's playing behind one of the shakiest offensive lines in football and still has the highest completion percentage in the pros. Imagine him playing with actual time to throw the ball downfield.

May-yield was the first player picked in his draft and should be an example of how hard it is to find a good starter at QB. If we dump Tua, it's at our own risk and that risk will be that it's going to be another 20 years to replace Dan Marino. If the definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting different results, the Dolphins organization is definitely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    56-14...may we rest in peices[hehehe]what was it that smokey said...laugh to keep from crying..hey jerry,how's this for insane..the[wft]could still make the playoffs[playoffs???]and your falcons miss out,wacky,wacky world!!!
    Atlanta deserves to miss out. Not enough good players; not enough good plays. And we lost to the teams [Philly and San Francisco] that we need to lose in order to make the playoffs. I'm happy we nearly doubled our wins from last season, but it's definitely a rebuilding period in Atlanta.

Happy new year, everybody. I'm glad you made it with me.

Happy New Year Jerry & Ms M!!!!! Here's to another year of sports [[well, football is almost over....but there's always more!)

Happy New Year Year everyone. I feel blessed to have made it another year.

Moe, after the SuperBowl I'll probably spend time on youtube watching games I may have missed during the season. LOL

We're back to Zoom at my church so I'll see you guys shortly.

Zoom at your Church? Why does it not surprise me? You stay safe there!

We shut down our church service [[again) last week. Apparently Omicron is hitting our area [[thank goodness not the chuch members) in large numbers.

I'm fully vacinated plus the booster and I never stopped doing the mask thing and all the other protocols. I take this crap very seriously!
    Last edited by ms_m; 01-02-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Good!! Everyone should right now!! We have a surge going on here. I'm exactly like you; 2 shots plus booster & I still wear a mask no matter where I go.

Okee dokee Jerry Oz, time to switch over to the Chiefs game but I'll keep my eye on the dirty birds from afar.

In the Indy/Raiders game: the pass from Wentz to his his receiver bounced off him & fell into the arms of TY Hilton so Indy got their TD.
    NE kicking the Jags butt. My friend better not call me [[from NE) & have diarrhea of the mouth over that win. I'd just say: "hey, it was only Jacksonville."

Jets winning over Brady & Co. That would be nice!

Anyone see that "weird-out" by Antonio Brown?

I'm going back and forth between the Chiefs and the Falcons.

Turn out the lights in Atlanta and Miami. Tennessee was too much for the Fins today. Tua clearly prefers to play in warm weather. And the Falcons hung with Buffalol longer than I thought they would. Diving into the offseason like a vacation next week.

I agree, the Falcons hung on a lot longer than I expected.

However, JaMar Chase [[Bengals) has been kicking err body's butt today. This has been one crazy game!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I agree, the Falcons hung on a lot longer than I expected.

However, JaMar Chase [[Bengals) has been kicking err body's butt today. This has been one crazy game!
    Agree to both . JaMar Chase is incredible!

Post game conference Bruce Arians says "Antonio Brown's career as a Buccaneer is over." That reminded me of Brown's behavior when he was with the Steelers.

Arians say's Antonio Brown is no longer a Buccaneer....oh well!

Time to watch my Boyz!

Two weeks ago, Bruce Arians walked back his comments last year that Antonio Brown's next mistake would be his last. Reporters asked about it when AB was set to return after trying to scam the league into believing he was vaccinated. That was a huge violation of personal conduct, so folks wondered why Arians wasn't punishing AB beyond the league suspension. "Things changed," was his excuse.

Apparently, they didn't. AB lost respect for Arians' authority the way he lost it for Tomlin when he didn't hold him accountable for multiple team-disrupting incidents. He also lost it for Bill Belichick, when he signed him after AB was cut from the Raiders after physically threatening their GM. Once he saw that Arians' principles were negotiable, Brown didn't believe there was a line that he couldn't cross.

Somebody should have told Arians that you don't get a receipt when you sell your soul, so once you give it up, you can't get it back again. Reminds me of the time when Antonio Bryant [AB?] threw his towel in tough guy Bill Parcells' face. After failing to cut or trade Bryant, nobody was going to think Parcells' act was legit again. You cannot sell out on principles and come out ahead.

Don't give a flying fig tree about Brown but I do care about the TD we just scored...bout damn time!!!!!!!!!!! Hope Gallop is ok!

Jerry, I forgot about the Antonio Bryant/Bill Parcells incident.
    You think [in light of this] anyone will pick up AB after all this baggage?

That didn't make me a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry, I forgot about the Antonio Bryant/Bill Parcells incident.
    You think [in light of this] anyone will pick up AB after all this baggage?
    AB-solutely not. I think Tompa Boooo picked him up because #12 wanted him there. He's caught his last pass in the NFL.

Dallas better figure out whether they really want to win this game. Cards have the momentum and nearly went up by three scores.

Touchdown

Don't count us out just yet!

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Touchdown!
    Plus2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ain't that a #itch!

I'm not a Niners fan but I am a Trey Lance fan...

Congratulations to Trey Lance for getting his first #NFL win.
    Last edited by ms_m; 01-02-2022 at 08:34 PM.

They're giving him the keys next season. I think he's going to be fine with the year of mental reps and his first true offseason.

What will they do with Jimmy G? The highest bidder?

Sorry, Ms M

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    They're giving him the keys next season. I think he's going to be fine with the year of mental reps and his first true offseason.
    It's not written in stone yet.....the giving him the keys part but I think he will eventually do well.
    Last edited by ms_m; 01-02-2022 at 10:08 PM.

What will they do with Jimmy G? The highest bidder?

Sorry, Ms M
    He still has a year left on his no trade clause, 27 mil contract. No one knows or is saying.

Tonight, it is [supposedly] Big Ben's last home game. And what a game vs the Browns!

I know, right? His last home game is against his favorite team as a kid. Especially since the first narrative of his career was how he grew up in northern Ohio, played at Miami University, and got passed over by the Browns to drafted by their traditional rivals. Especially since the Browns haven't had a true franchise QB since re-entry. If somebody writes a story about him, that circle will be completed.

Yes it will. I recently saw American Underdog. It's the story of Curt Warner. Now THAT'S a story! To go from a grocery store worker to the NFL was really something!

Kurt Warner's story has always been one of the most unbelievable sports stories. A real life football version of The Natural. A true testament that if God is truly for you, who can be against you? I was never a Rams or Cardinals fan, but it was easy to root for Warner, who got an opportunity and blessed the world with it. He may not have played long enough to be considered the GOAT, but I'll go on record that nobody was better, including you know who.

Oh, and it looks like Ben's going out on the winning sideline tonight. Congrats to him. Folks are stirring up dirt in Falcons spaces that Matt Ryan is going to replace him next season. I wouldn't mind it since Matt Ryan is one of my favorite Falcons players and I think he can do better in Pittsburgh in the next 2-3 years than in Atlanta. Would like to see him win, regardless of where he is.

Oh, by the way, my big brother is moving here in a couple of months from out west. He and I are going to be at constant loggerheads on Sunday afternoons over what channel Mom's TV will be tuned to. Can't wait.

Hell of a way to end a game. Congrats Moe!

End a game and end a career in front of the fans. That was an emotional night. That dude had a heckuva personal arc. He was considered to be the biggest turd in the league at one point in time. He grew up just in time to be remembered for his on-field accomplishments instead of his off-field mistakes. Ben is one of those players that I worry about because he took so many hard hits over his career. He was so strong, he was able to come back again and again but the impacts on the brain can get worse over time. Troy Aikman is another player in that category. He's very lucid when he's calling games but I remember when he was leaving games with concussions when his head was never touched. With that being said, both of them walked off the field and quit on their own terms, so may God bless them with continued growth in their lives.

Thanks Ms M & Jerry. It was indeed a great night for Ben. Mediocre stats last night. But, a win is a win.
    I had to laugh; one of the cameras turned to one of my Twitter peeps!! Jerry, Is your brother
    the one who is the diehard Steelers fan? It's going to be interesting when permanently entrenched in Tennessee people will wonder who I'll support. Easy: University of Tennessee! Always a Steelers girl through & through!!