[REMOVE ADS]

Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 76 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 96 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,300 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Rumor has it that Cam Heyward has Covid. Trying to find out if this is true.

I'll log into Twitter in a bit. I've been hanging out more on Reddit in the past couple of months since Twitter banned me. I've been freed from jail but don't spend nearly as much of my time there as I used to.

Wish we could post tweets on SDF. But here's the text of a few [he missed practice and likely will miss the game]:

Isaac Petkac

@ENNIsaacPetkac
    ·
    1h

NEW: CamHeyward was not at Steelers practice Friday with an undisclosed illness and may not be able to play Sunday vs Ravens.

Isaac Petkac

@ENNIsaacPetkac

·
    1h

NEW: CamHeyward was not at Steelers practice Friday with an undisclosed illness and may not be able to play Sunday vs Ravens.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Nicastro

@MikedUpSports1

·
    1h

It’s overreaction central out there today. No one has reported that CamHeyward has tested positive for Covid. If Cam is sick, he’s got two days to get better. And my damn money would be on him playing [[unless it’s covid) #Steelers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Gazette Sports

@PGSportsNow

·
    2h

Cam Heyward was not at the Steelers practice facility on Friday because of an undisclosed illness and the team is fearful he might not be able to play against the Ravens, per sources.From: @gerrydulac

post-gazette.com
    Steelers could be without Cam Heyward for game against Ravens
    Defensive end Cam Heyward was not at the Steelers practice facility on Friday because of an undisclosed illness and the team is fearful he might not be...

Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Zach Banner didn't practice for "undisclosed illness." Wonder if Cam has been hanging around him. The other player Isaiah Loudermilk is out with an "undisclosed illness," too.

Jerry, why were you in Twitter Jail??

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Zach Banner didn't practice for "undisclosed illness." Wonder if Cam has been hanging around him. The other player Isaiah Loudermilk is out with an "undisclosed illness," too.

Jerry, why were you in Twitter Jail??
    This might change your perception of me, but we'll see...

I had a different account for years until I saw a report about a Trump COVID protest and tweeted: "I wish ill on nobody, but let's hope if they get sick, they have the decency to die at home instead of clogging up the hospitals" and Twitter said I violated terms of service for threats or wishing harm on others. I didn't agree, but there's no appeals process, so I was suspended for a day.

Next, after Kentucky's attorney general Daniel Cameron [I think that's his name], swept the Briana Taylor murder under the rug, I referred to him as a "coon" in a tweet and Twitter thought that was over the line. It probably was, but since it was my second offense, I was suspended for a week.

Finally, Candace Owens tweeted something suggesting that we need to take this country back to its 1776 roots and I tweeted, reminding her that if this was indeed 1776, instead of tweeting, she'd be spending her time nursing Massa's children and Twitter banned my account for racist language. I insist, I didn't lie and that what I said wasn't racist.

Then, I got a different account [it wasn't easy, BTW] and got suspended for a week when I tweeted "Jon Gruden didn't get fired because he's a hateful [insert inappropriate pejorative here], he was fired because he was a hateful [insert inappropriate pejorative here] toward Roger Goodell". They said my unfortunate use of language was somehow "hate speech" and banned me for a week. Should have called him a "jerk" and they wouldn't have done it. Devil's in the details.

I'm not proud of any of what they cited, but I contend they took three of the four out of context. The "coon" reference was justly cited for being inappropriate. I get on Twitter now every couple of days and never respond to politics anymore.

To make things worse, I logged into Facebook about three weeks ago and was suspended for violating their policy against promoting violence. How, you may wonder? Because my cousin posted a story about guns in poor communities and I replied by saying [verbatim] "Why would I kill somebody? If I shot somebody and spent my life in prison, it means I hate them more than I love myself and that's insane".

Facebook's algorithm picked up on "kill" and "somebody" being used together and without considering the context of my anti-violence post, they banned me until I deleted it. They said I could stay suspended if I chose to appeal, but I deleted the post. How long do you think an "appeal" takes for an everyman like me when it took weeks for their favorite son Donald Trump to have his heard?

I'm rarely on either platform now.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-03-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Jerry, this does NOT change anything in how I feel about you. NOPE, NOT ONE BIT. I believe you have the right to say it. I respect you for it. I'm so tired of the fact that people cannot voice their opinions [no matter what it is] without getting blasted for it. But, I am like you.....I stay out of everything on Twitter except Steelers Twitterverse. I do no Facebook anymore for a few years.

You know we'll all say/write things that we will disagree on. But you have a right to say it.

It's the truth about Gruden, though.......LOL

TJ Watt off Covid Protocol......will play tomorrow.
    I gotta see if I can find out what's this "mysterious illness" affecting Cam Heyward.

HAAAAAAAAAAA...MY DEAR MS M, YOUR [BOYZ]WILL MEET LITTLE RESISTANCE FROM US,NEXT WEEK[how are we gonna score with your boyz???]NOPE,LIKE I SAID THE EAST IS YOURS,NO COMPITITION, OF COURSE I STILL HATE THE DIRTY DALLAS COWBOYZ...[it's good for the rivelry, hehehe]AND ALTHOUGH YOU BEAT THE HAPLESS SAINTS WHO HAVE NO QB, THE REFS SWALLOWED THE WHISTLE ON THE ONE PLAY,NOT THAT IT WOULD'VE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE,BUT WHEN THE SAINTS RAN IT THEY BLEW THE WHISTLE, ON THE SO CALLED BLOCK IN THE BACK THAT KILLED A DRIVE,ANYHOW THIS IS YOUR YEAR...HEY JERRY, THEM GIZZARDS LAID AN EGG AND CLEVELAND SPANKED EM GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Jerry, this does NOT change anything in how I feel about you. NOPE, NOT ONE BIT. I believe you have the right to say it. I respect you for it. I'm so tired of the fact that people cannot voice their opinions [no matter what it is] without getting blasted for it. But, I am like you.....I stay out of everything on Twitter except Steelers Twitterverse. I do no Facebook anymore for a few years.

You know we'll all say/write things that we will disagree on. But you have a right to say it.

It's the truth about Gruden, though.......LOL
    It chafes me that Jon Gruden and Candace Owens put two nails in my coffin. SMH.

But I stopped over to report the news about T.J. Watt, but you got it already. That's huge for tomorrow's game.

Reports saying Rothlisberger telling previous teammates this is his final season.
    I need verification.

Well, since it made the home page as its title story it just might be true.

Morning, first I see where Claude Humphrey passed at 77. Most of his years with the Falcons, a few with the Eagles. I remember him....a great player, RIP.

And how bout my school [Pitt)]winning the ACC title. As we say Hail To Pitt [H2P].

That Baylor/OSU was wild. And boy did Alabama come out to play!

Today, I sure hope that the reaction to the Bengals loss lit a fire under the Steelers. Jerry, I hope your Falcons beat the Bucs, as well as the Bills come out to play [&win] over the king of the hoodies & his Patriots Monday Night.

Ms M, you get to just watch since your Boyz won Thursday.
    Last edited by moe; 12-05-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Well go head wit your bad self Dirty Birds!

I see ya Falcons. Another impressive TD!

oh well. LOL

Next...

Nice pic TT!

Just jumped in. No surprise, losing to the Succs. We just don't have the talent to compete this season, so I'm happy if we can cause a good team a headache. Meanwhile, 1[[b) from South Beach is on a five-game run as they head into a bye. I'm not entertaining thoughts of the playoffs, but at least they've become a competitive and entertaining team. Coincidentally, the competition and entertainment began immediately after the trade deadline and it was determined that Tua would remain on the team. Imagine that.

Meanwhile, Dolphins fans are having a civil war because some swear Tua is a bum while others insist that a guy who's led a 5-game win streak while averaging well over 70% completions [in his second season] can only be so bad. I've seen every game this season and despite the narrative I hear on the sports talk shows, I'm all in on the kid. He's not just good, he's well on his way to being special. Give him a decent offensive line and a capable running back and you'll see.

Dolphins did well and congrats Jerry. I like Tua as well. I think younger fans are all about instant gratification. They don't look at the long game. shrugs

I thought the Falcons would be a little more of a headache for the Brady Bunch but...

Ravens and TT are boring me right now so I may have to click over to the Niners and Seahawks for a minute.

I shall return!

Okay, now my beloved UNC Tar Heels have defeated Georgia Tech for their first ACC hoops win of the season, so I can flip over to see the Tin Men play the Crows. Last team that I have a rooting interest in today is the Ohio State Buckeyes basketball team and they play at 7pm. I've a chance to get out of this weekend with one loss among six games by my favorite teams. Not bad for me.

Don't get into college basketball the way I use to with the excpetion of March Madness but I do consider myself a Carolina [[Blue) fan...not quite sure how I feel about Coach Davis though...and that's all I'll say about that!

Back to the Niners!
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-05-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Wow. Adrian Peterson just tied Jim Brown's TD record. I didn't even realize he [[Peterson) was still playing much less playing with the Seahawks.

I'm staying on top of the TT Moe but this Seahawks/Niners game is entertaining as all get out!

I turned away from the Tin Men/Crows game because it was boring. Turned back and it appears Pittsburgh had a pulse, after all. Forced Lamar Jackson into his worst game of the year and cost me a win in fantasy at the same time. Happy for moe and my big brother, though.

Steelers win!!!!!! Typical Steelers/Ravens game......down to the last seconds.

Congrats Moe!!!!

You too Jai. See ya soon my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Wow. Adrian Peterson just tied Jim Brown's TD record. I didn't even realize he [[Peterson) was still playing much less playing with the Seahawks.
    Ms M, I think Peterson played on another team for a game or two before the Seahawks.

Congrats Moe!!!!

You too Jai. See ya soon my friend!
    Thanks Ms M!!!! I guess I'm just stunned!!! Congrats to both Jerry & R&B!!!!!!!

I thought he had retired Moe. Surprised the heck out of me to see him take the field.

Tomorrow night's game will [I hope] be something!!!!!

Ms M, I think Peterson may have been on the Titans for a game or two before Seahawks.

I may or may not watch MNF. It's not just about Belichick but I'm not a fan of their goofy looking QB either. shrugs.

Been waiting all day for Sunday Night though. LOL

LOL........we have a short week. We play Thursday Night vs the Vikings

That's interesting Moe. He played some hella football today.
    It's always interersting to me how some players do better with certain coaches and teams than with others.

OMG...no way can you lose that game after the Lions finally won a game against them.
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-05-2021 at 09:09 PM.

I saw that......I'll bet those Lions are thrilled beyond belief!!
    I can only get out my rosary & pray really hard

Ms m, how long has it been since[washington-dallas]has meant anything in the standings? The rivelry is back,kinda..of course ya'll will beat us-40-10 but we'll show up with our knees shaking..i mean dallas fans will fill the stadium and what chance do we have?? We're lambs to the slaughter!!!

Hey moe,sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, the steelers live to fight another day!

R&B, I thought the Steelers were almost in the grave & then BOOM.....they finally start moving!! I have to wonder if Ben started calling his own plays but we'll never know. There aren't too many QB's who play 4th Q "lightning" [as I call it] but Ben can, & do it well.

So you & Ms M's Boyz go head to head next? That'll be interesting....

Always look forward to playing you guys Jai and I always go into the game with a positive frame of mind BUT I'm not taking anything for granted.

May the best team [[us) win!
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-08-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Looks like no Joe Haden [again] for us to play in Thursday night's game vs. Vikings. No word yet on OLine Kevin Dotson's return [he's on IR with ankle sprain]. Any injuries on the Boyz, Ms M? I'll admit I haven't looked....

And yes, just like clockwork....my friend who lives north of Boston couldn't help gloating about the Pat's "magnificent" win in Buffalo. I told him that I've learned the hard way that any given Sunday can wipe that gloat off his face & that the season isn't finished yet.

Ohhhh....how I wish those Pats & the hoodie man could just lose.....

Always look forward to playing you guys Jai and I always go into the game with a positive frame of mind BUT I'm not taking anything for granted.

May the best team [[us) win!
    No! Forget that nonsense. May the worst team win. Or are we no longer talking about Atlanta? Wait, are we no longer feeling bad for me or have you guys moved on?

What a bunch of friends I found for myself.

WFT on a win streak vs Ms M & her Boyz..........

Hmmmm......have to pay attention to Steelers game tomorrow night, first

Ruh Ro! Zeke and Tony Pollard are both hobbled with injuries and it's possible neither will play this weekend.
    Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard injury concerns: Ito Smith joins Cowboys ahead of Week 14 clash with WashingtonWith both RBs nursing injuries in Dallas, the team added a player endorsed by Dan Quinn

By Patrik Walker
    Icon Sportswire / Contributor

The good news for the Dallas Cowboys is their defense is on the verge of being as whole as it's been all season, with defensive starters Neville Gallimore and Randy Gregory both trending toward returning from injury in the coming Week 14 battle against the rival Washington Football Team. The bad news is they're now dealing with injuries at a key position on offense, with two-time NFL rushing champ Ezekiel Elliott clearly hobbled by a knee ailment. While they hope the mini-bye week has helped him, they've discovered it hasn't done much for dynamic backup Tony Pollard.

Pollard missed practice Wednesday with a foot injury, and while sources tell CBS Sports the Cowboys aren't concerned it'll be a long-term issue, it does put his availability for this coming Sunday in question [[the next couple of days will be key for Pollard). So with Elliott less than 100% and Pollard now in the same boat, the Cowboys signed former fourth-round pick Ito Smith to the team's practice squad this week.

That gives them added depth alongside backups Corey Clement and JaQuan Hardy, the only other healthy running backs in the building when considering Rico Dowdle and [fullback] Sewo Olonilua are both on season-ending injured reserve.

Ito Smith
    • RB
    View Profile
    Smith, a former fourth-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in 2018, entered the NFL under the tutelage of Dan Quinn -- a pre-existing relationship that led to the two reuniting in Dallas in 2021, albeit now on different sides of the ball. After spending his first three seasons with the Falcons, Smith went on to have short stays with the Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings before again becoming a free agent earlier this season. Under Quinn in Atlanta, he produced 689 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns, along with 314 receiving yards, averaging 4.4 yards per touch in the process.

He gives the Cowboys some needed and experienced depth ahead of a pivotal NFC East matchup, and after their questionable handling of Elliott's injury to this point. The All-Pro made it clear this week his knee is progressing and that the Cowboys would have to "drag me off of the field," which is less likely now that Pollard has an issue as well, so signing Smith was a no-brainer.

Wow! Wasn't aware of injuries. What do you think, Ms M?

Dalvin Cook is a go to play tonight. The Steelers and Vikings both are coming off of emotional games in a short period of time. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Dalvin Cook makes quick return from shoulder injury, will play Vikings' game vs. Steelers barring setback, source says

10:08 AM ET
    ESPN
    Minnesota Vikings star running back Dalvin Cook will play against the Pittsburgh Steelers barring a pregame setback Thursday night, just 11 days after dislocating his left shoulder, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Cook initially was expected to miss at least two games, according to ESPN and multiple media outlets, after injuring his shoulder last month against the 49ers.

But a source told ESPN's Dianna Russini that the Vikings were optimistic earlier Thursday morning about Cook's chances to play against Pittsburgh, and Cook has passed a series of medical tests on his shoulder, according to Fowler.

Cook's return Thursday would mark a surprisingly quick recovery after the two-time Pro Bowler was carted off the field during Minnesota's loss to San Francisco on Nov. 28. He missed Sunday's loss to the Lions but was officially listed as questionable for Thursday night's game after being a limited practice participant Tuesday and Wednesday.

A healthy Cook figures to be a key offensive contributor for the injury-plagued Vikings, who have lost four of their past six games -- including Sunday's last-second loss to the previously winless Lions -- and are in danger of falling out of postseason contention.

Cook, 26, has rushed for 773 yards and four touchdowns in nine games this season and also has 27 receptions. He is the NFL's seventh-leading rusher despite missing three games this season and is fourth in the league in average rushing yards per game at 85.9.

The Vikings [[5-7) already have ruled out wide receiver Adam Thielen [[ankle) and rookie offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw [[ankle) for Thursday night's home game against the Steelers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ck-source-says

Hoo boy! Dalvin Cook coming up big already. Hope I'm not playing him in fantasy tonigh.

Crap! I'm not playing against Cook, but I started his backup for my team and [for obvious reasons] there's no way he's going to produce tonight. Just my stinking luck.

And... it's 23-0. My Sixers have already lost. Looks like I'm entertaining myself with something besides sports tonight. Steelers need to come back twice in five days.

All I can say is that almost is not good enough.......UGH

Welcome to my world. That first half reminded me of the first half of Miami's season [1-7 start] but the second half looked like the Fins since then [5-0]. They fell too far behind to make up for it, even though you could tell the Vikings were on their heels. Had the Steelers made that 2-point conversion, I think you would have won. Momentum is such an easy thing to break and that seemed to be the point at which things shifted.