[REMOVE ADS]

Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 66 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

There must've been some serious conflict between those two & Brady just said "enough."
    I'm no Brady fan but I was thrilled Brady & team won the Super Bowl & BB was sitting at home eating popcorn.

Anyone watching the Arizona game? IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!

Sorry Moe, I can't think of any reason or situation where I would ever support Brady or ANY team he is playing on...AND, as a 50 plus year fan of the Dallas Cowboys that includes them as well!!! That's just how much I dislike the man. Although, his ego and JJ's ego would never mesh so I don't see anything like that coming to fruition. As I said I respect his mental toughness and I respect what he brings to the table as a player but I don't care for his attitude. The man truly doesn't float my boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Oh and by that exchange he and his former coach had at the end of the game a few weeks ago, there's definitely bad blood there but they are two peas in a pod from where I sit so who knows who is right or wrong and do I care? NOPE!

In the scheme of things I just want anyone to beat either TB or NE.
    That's it, That's all.

We can agree on that!

Moving on to tonight's game.

I was intrigued with the fact that the Niners gave up three first round picks for the least experienced qb in the draft so I've been following them this season. A lot of things they are doing with this kid don't seem to make any sense. Although I wasn't a RG3 fan, I'm beginning to wonder if the "so call genius" Shanahan truly knows how to design plays for a mobile qb. I also have a few other thoughts on Shanahan but I'll wait to see how the season plays out before I voice them. But something isn't quite right in Santa Clara.

The Falcons should have kept Shanahan over Quinn. The marriage between Shanahan and Ryan was the closest thing to Mike Martz & Kurt Warner that I've seen. Neither will ever have a season like that again. Lance isn't in that mode. If we couldn't keep Shanny, we should have promoted Sean McVey to OC or assistant head coach. But losing both was Quinn's death knell in Atlanta.

I'm curious, does Mac Jones fit into that mode? The rumor is that's who he really wanted but was told, coerced, forced or whatever into taking Trey.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-24-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Geeze Louise. The annoucers blamed everyone and their mother for this loss. Good looks will only get you so far in football. LOL

Good Night My Peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I'm curious, does Mac Jones fit into that mode? The rumor is that's who he really wanted but was told, coerced, forced or whatever into taking Trey.
    Beats me. By the time Kyle got to Atlanta, he was probably Ryan's fourth or fifth coordinator. Ryan was Kyle's umpteenth QB. Personally, I think it was just a matter of the right coach being with the right QB at the right time. Quinn's single biggest error was bringing in a quality OC in Steve Sarkisian and instructing him to run Kyle's offense. Sark's offense would have been successful in Atlanta. You can't expect a coordinator to run another coaches offense because he won't have the experience to know when to call certain plays. It was unfair to Sark and the team.

And then, he brought in Dirk Koetter and told him to run Kyle's offense. Results were absolutely dreadful. Koetter has similar plays but tweaked them until they were neither Kyle's offense nor Dirk's. For example, Kyle ran an outside zone running scheme and Dirk ran a power rush offense. We didn't have the running backs or offensive linemen to run Dirk's offense. I knew it wouldn't work as soon as I heard Quinn wanted to run the same scheme. He should have hired McVey or Matt LeFluer, who were Shanahan's disciples.

I never thought the Niners were going to draft Jones because prevailing opinion was that he'd be available later. I do believe that Jones would have started the season over Jimmy G. If Trey Lance is a guy that Kyle thinks fits perfectly within his system, he shouldn't have swept Kaepernick off the team. Lance has a stronger arm, but he's not a more dynamic athlete than Kaep was and he probably won't ever be the leader that he was.

Don't know what it is but I'm telling you Jerry Oz, something smells funny in the Bay. How do you get a kid ready by giving him 99.9 percent of his reps with the second team?
    Thank goodness the kid is scrappy.

This notion that Jimmy G would somehow help the Niners recreate 2019, and this time, take them to the promise land was and is ludicrous. Did Kyle really believe that crap or was it his players, and if it was the players what type of leader does that make Kyle to go along with that notion? There are more questions than answers and I find it "curiouser and curiouser."
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-25-2021 at 06:51 AM.

I'm trying not to go too far down the rabbit hole for a team I don't pull for but the comments from the Niners camp plus their fans are interesting. I don't put too much stock in a lot of it but when someone like Steve Young jumps into the fray my ears perk up. Time will tell how this plays out but a rookie is going to make rookie mistakes. That's just how it goes but the overpaid Jimmy G and his coach look more like rookies than Lance imo. DeMeco is showing serious promise though so there's that.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-25-2021 at 07:47 AM. Reason: mispelled name

Carson Wentz's best showing so far. Made plays when he had to.
    An unsung hero on the 49'ers, I think, is Deebo Samuel. He had another 100 yd game.

...and while I'm on an ituitive rant, will someone please give me my props for predicting that Superbowl 54 win for the Chiefs. LOL

Hey, better late than never

Wentz exploited all the Niners holes and issues. Good for him! Aiyuk could be a contender as well but if you listen to Shanny and Lynch he's toast....again something is strange in the Bay.

I read that Fred Warner said they were better than their record. LOL
    Even I'm not that delusional about my Boyz. When you suck you suck. Own it, improve and carry on.

I hear you, Ms M. When the Steelers were 1-3 I would hear all kinds of stuff. All I said was they sucked. Do I think they still suck? A win is a win BUT..need a better OLine & plans for a new QB.

You're given your nod for that Chiefs SB win

Thanks Moe I appreciate it. LOL

Niner fans are craking me up this morning. I didn't realize they booed the team off the field during half time.

I've taking a liking to Trey Lance. The few times they put him in front of a mic he has shown, professionalsim, poise and maturity. He's also a heck of an athlete. With time and developement I think he could be a leader and a heck of a player.

Kyle has said several times he goes with the qb that gives him the best chance at a win...so why would you give away your future first round pics and not seriously work with and try to fine tune the one you drafted if you truly felt Garoppolo was that guy? Heck, the kid almost [[which doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things) brought down the best team in the league.

This team is a hot mess. Hope Lance doesn't get too discouraged over all the incompetent behavior surrounding him.

I didn't watch last night's game. But Shanahan is following the playbook that made Patrick Mahomes {and Aaron Rodgers?} great. Mental reps on the bench behind a good veteran has had a history of success. The Packers are doing that with Jordan Love and the Bears wanted to do it with Justin Fields, which I thought was a good idea {and it looks like I was right so far}. I think Lance is going to be fine next year, better with the redshirt season than if he'd started.

I'm not saying Lance should have been named the starter from the beginning but I am saying he needs reps. He needs to get use to playing with the big boys and they need to get use to how hard he throws the ball. Sitting on the bench until its your time is the old school way of thinking and keep in mind prior to the draft he hadn't played for almost a year beacuse of Covid. When Alex Smith went down and Mahomes stepped in, Smith was all over Mahomes like white on rice helping him and encouraging him. During the Cardinals game when Lance started because Jimmy G was hurt AGAIN, Jimmy G didn't even give Lance a side glance. Mark my words, sooner or later the skinny will all come out on this.

Moe happy belated birthday my superstar..[the famous weener bros.are working on something big]on a serious note,when big ben retires who will step in? Maybe trabinski??

Ms m, you're so modest..your[boyz]could lose the rest of their games and still run away with the east,who's gonna catch em? We may not win another game this season and as much as it hurts me to say this...dallas will stomp a mudhole in us this time around,but remember my sweet..heavy is the head that wears the crown!!

Thanks, R&B. Did you know I received a card from Grady? Yep.....a card! Isn't that nice of him??

One game at a time Jai. One game at a time.

Moe I just heard Deebo is hurt. A possible calf injury that MAY require surgery. The injuries on this team are staggering. If they lose to the Bears Kyle's head will be on a platter. LOL

Just listened to Shanny's press conference and when asked about Justin Fields he said, "he's getting better every week." Who would have thought, a rookie getting better after playing....color me shocked

I hadn't heard that, Ms M. more injuries, how sad. I saw where JJ Watt has a shoulder injury & may have surgery. That would put him out for the rest of the year. He has a history of being banged up so much. And, your boy Dak is tops in the QB rankings!

Haven't checked recently but the last I heard Dak hasn't been cleared to play for Sunday. He suffered a sprained ankle in the last game. Was wearing a boot for awhile but not anymore and had limited practice yesterday. I'll have to check in a few to see what his status is today.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-28-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Non sports post to Jerry Oz.

Was reading a few old post today and ran across something that impressed the heck out of me about you. You mentioned the 5 Royals and that blew me away. Are you sure your name isn't Dorian Gray? You never cease to amaze me. Clarence Paul was a good friend of mine from Vegas.

Anyone watching the game tonight? Packers 6-1, Cardinals 7-0.
    In theory it should make for an interesting game but you never know.

Need some help. If you're watching the Fox pre-game show of tonight's game, who is the dude in that UGLY plaid suit? His face looks familiar but I didn't hear his name. UNFORTUNATELY, I know who Sanchez is....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to tell Rodgers that ponytail makes him look dated as all heck!

I'm all alone out here tonight but that's cool, I'm an only child... been talking to myself forever and a day. LOL

Non sports post to Jerry Oz.

Was reading a few old post today and ran across something that impressed the heck out of me about you. You mentioned the 5 Royals and that blew me away. Are you sure your name isn't Dorian Gray? You never cease to amaze me. Clarence Paul was a good friend of mine from Vegas.
    Blame my Pops. He had hundreds of albums going back to the '50s and when I got my first job, my favorite preoccupation became buying music. As in 3-5 albums EVERY payday for ~15 years. Sometime in the '80s, Dad and I realized that we had pretty much the same musical tastes. I started loving old school jazz, bop and doo wop and he started getting into reggae and the African pop records that I was spinning. I probably have 30-40,000 songs on my laptop and there's not a genre that I believe is unrepresented.

Mom told me that an obnoxious ex-aunt of mine stopped over once and in between drinks, she eyeballed my albums, which by then must have been about 400 or so. "That's crazy. Nobody has time to listen to all of that music. Why does he buy all of them?" she sneered.

"He may not have time to listen to them, but when he decides he wants to, he has them," Dad told her. In other words, It's his money, it's his passion, and it's none of your business what he does with either. Mom said that shut her up on that subject. I miss him so.

Oh wow Jerry Oz, didn't know your father had passed. I am so sorry to hear this. I remember how close you guys were and how he was a Dolphins fan. He raised a hell of a young man though!

Yor musical taste also explains Human by Human League, a fave of mine as well!!!!

I only have a little over 4000 songs on my comp but err now and then I'll see something here that reminds me of something or someone I need to go back and listen to. Dexter Wansel is one of those people. Hadn't thought about him in years but saw someone mention him and had to pull up some of his music today.

Gospel,Soul and R&b will always be my first loves but I love music period! Don't care about the genre just care if it moves me in some way.

Good game tonight. The Cardinals winning streak was ended by the Packers 21-24.

Good Night all!

Someone needs to tell Rodgers that ponytail makes him look dated as all heck!

I'm all alone out here tonight but that's cool, I'm an only child... been talking to myself forever and a day. LOL
    I've been waiting for someone to comment on that pony tail!!! UGH!!

It's not attractive at all Moe. He actually looks like he needs a bath.

Well, earlier I was going to say a "homeless person" but I didn't.......until now.

Moe, I've seen homeless people that were more put together. The man is a hot mess!

Hey jerry,i can't believe i'm writing this but them[noaccount]gizzards are actually winning,of course it's early and i know the collapse is coming,but dang, for one brief shining moment they look like a real nba team...this is what happens when i'm sober too long!!!

Sometimes, it takes time for players to develop chemistry. It was difficult in the Bubble and almost as hard last season. We saw fight in them last year and it's looking like they're wanting to play ball this year. Meanwhile, my team has a 6'10" athletic freak with the heart of a timid bunny rabbit and he's "not mentally ready" to play basketball for $36 million a year. I'm already looking forward to college basketball. GO HEELS!

And Moe, Pops was a huge Cleveland Browns fan. I'm the one who likes Miami almost as much as I like Atlanta {which makes me wonder if I really like pro football}. Dad was a giant Ohio State fan {football and basketball} and he loved the Browns all the way back when Jim Brown played for them. He stayed with them through six decades of highs and lows. He also like the Cavaliers in the NBA but didn't care much for the Reds and Indians. Between the two, he preferred the Indians because they drafted Larry Doby, but his favorite baseball team was the Dodgers because Jackie Robinson was one of his childhood heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    And Moe, Pops was a huge Cleveland Browns fan. I'm the one who likes Miami almost as much as I like Atlanta {which makes me wonder if I really like pro football}. Dad was a giant Ohio State fan {football and basketball} and he loved the Browns all the way back when Jim Brown played for them. He stayed with them through six decades of highs and lows.
    That was me Jerry Oz. I know you like Miami but for some reason I thought your dad liked them as well. Either way he was a true fan and I admire that type of loyalty to a team.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-29-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Morning. Ms M I watched the replay of that Cardinal-Packers game. That was one hell of a game! That WR for GB with an ACL injury [unfortunate]. But that very last play.......was that a miscommunication or what?

Good Morning Moe,

It WAS a heck of game. Seemes to me homie simply wasn't paying attention. I mean you're in the end zone....turn around for pete sake!

I just went back to see what Murray had to say. He seemed pretty gracious about the whole thing but I personally don't think it was his fault. I mean come on, Green is an amazing player and vet. Instincts alone should have told him Murray could find him...which he did!!!!

I just went back to see what Murray had to say. He seemed pretty gracious about the whole thing but I personally don't think it was his fault. I mean come on, Green is an amazing player and vet. Instincts alone should have told him Murray could find him...which he did!!!!
    Spot on!!!