[REMOVE ADS]

Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 59 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,450 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

I saw that........what is this......Martavis Bryant, take 3 or Take 4? One couldn't deny his talent. It's just a shame he couldn't control his demons.

Yesterday, with all this "white powder" the scenario went: whiteout, stop, sun out, whiteout.....repeat. Big wrecks on 77 [[which they closed it both north & southbounds) for hours, & the multiple pileup on 90, Geez, one would think everyone in this neck of the woods would KNOW how to drive in this weather.

In light of this consistently inconsistent weather we've decided this isn't for us anymore. Going south....but not too much.

I've gone South. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there again. And it was cold in Columbus but not one flake fell from the sky. Next week should be a beauty though for me and you.

Not that south, Jerry. Too hot. Give me some mountains [[as in Smoky).
    We had about 2-3 inches.....& guess what? It's all gone now. I can take the rain but not the snow.

Steelers making more cap room with the reworking of TE Eric Ebron's contract. Interesting to see exactly what they're gonna do.

Hey jerry,them gizzards didn't have beal or the kid and got thier brains beat in by the hornets the other night, if it wasn't for the rockets and timberwolves we might have a shot at the first pick...never mind.... They would muck it up,sigh!!!

How bout that basketball game last night [Gonzaga vs UCLA?] THAT was a game for the ages. Reminded me of that 1992 game.

It gave me horrible flashbacks to the end of the Nova vs Carolina game in 2015. I have no dog in the fight between Gonzaga and UCLA but for as exciting as I am for the Zags, I feel bad for the young men from UCLA. But that's how this thing goes. Tomorrow's game should be a doozy.

I'm not sure who to root for.

I'm not sure who to root for either, Jerry. All I can say is let the two good teams go at it.

I think I'll root for Gonzaga. Not for any good reason other than I like Mark Few and it'd be good for a mid-major to win a D-1 championship. There's going to be a lot of great guard play and that should make for a good game.

After that, it's going to be a long 3 1/2 weeks until the draft. All eyes are on Atlanta with their pick at #4.

Well, it didn't turn out the way you wanted, Jerry. Baylor came to bat & hit a home run. I kinda feel sorry for Gonzaga since they were undefeated.

In other news Sam Darnold to the Panthers. I knew he'd go somewhere [[other than stay with the Jets).

From Adam Schefter: "With teams locked into the first three overall pics, the Atlanta Falcons now have received trade calls from multiple teams and "are open to moving" out of the No. 4 spot, per source.
    What do you think, Jerry?

We need help at so many positions. A trade is the responsible thing to do as long as the compensation matches. I think a team that has multiple picks between #10 and #100 is going to come out of the draft very pleased. Of course, Miami has #18, #36, #50 and #81. If Atlanta can trade down to ~#10 or so and net another 2nd round pick and a first rounder in 2022, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'm hoping we select Kyle Pitts at #4.

People keep asking me who the Steelers will draft. I say "well, we'll both find out when it happens." There's just too many "draft experts" for me.

Well with darnold gone,i"m waitng to see what we do at[no.19]as all of the good qb's will be gone,maybe we take a linebacker or o-lineman.

WFT is going to draft Kellen Mond in round 2. I have seen it.

That's pretty good, Jerry!!!!!!!! None of us have the input into our favorite teams so I just stay out of it. I do know what the Steelers need, that's all.

Speaking of the Steelers...did you happen to see the latest comment by Steven Nelson on Twitter? I think I commented on his "exit" from our team.

When you're the only one talking, it's easy to paint the picture of being a victim. We'll see where he winds up. Don't be surprised if he winds up back in the Steel City after the draft, though.

From profootballtalk.com:
    The Steelers abruptly released cornerback Steven Nelson last month, after giving him a chance to seek a trade. The team did not give Nelson a chance to take a pay cut before cutting him.

“I want to make it very clear,” Nelson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com, “there was never a discussion of me taking a pay cut. I was never even given that opportunity to take a pay cut.”

It’s unclear whether Nelson would have accepted less than the $8.25 million he was due to earn this season. He said that he wanted an extension, one that would have created cap space while acknowledged that he had outperformed his contract. Eventually, he simply wanted out, pleading with the team on social media to not hold him hostage.

Nelson’s line surely was influenced by the mantra from coach Mike Tomlin, “We can’t do this with hostages, man. We need volunteers.” Regardless, he didn’t get a chance to volunteer to remain on the team for less money.

Nelson added that 10 to 15 teams have serious interest in his services. Given that the draft is only 23 days away, it’s possible at this point that Nelson’s best opportunity for a new team will come after interested teams address their needs at the position, or not, via incoming rookies.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ake-a-pay-cut/

Philip Adams, Jerry? Wow!!

Yeah, horrible situation. His dad is blaming CTE. Of course, right wing Twitter is trying to suggest that nobody is playing up the racial angle of a Black man who murdered a white family. Twitter gonna twit.

Twitter people can be really vicious. I hope his family allows for a look at his brain [[like Seau).

Well, what do you know? The family has signed for the coroner to perform an autopsy, which will include testing his brain for CTE. Good for them.

HEY JERRY,SOMEBODY BREAK UP THAT DYNAMO KNOWN AS...DA GIZZARDS...THOSE BLIND DOGS ACTUALLY BEAT A GOOD TEAM[THE WARRIORS]LAST NIGHT...[and folks don't believe in leprechauns, hehehe]TWO IN A ROW..BUT THAT BEAL SHOT WAS A SUPERSTAR MOVE,I'M OUT!!

Jai, I saw a two minute sequence where Russ dished three passes straigth to the basket that should have been assists and his teammates missed all three. The Quizzards were up by 11 at the beginning of the sequence and wound up being up by 7 instead of possibly 13 had they just made layups. Russ is going to start grumbling soon.

Moe, I'm convinced that the NFL and college football are going to fade out significantly shortly after somebody devises a way to test for CTE in a living subject. When parents start seeing their high schoolers already showing brain damage, they're going to steer their kids into less dangerous activities. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL pays to keep such a test from being used.

I think there will always be organized college and professional football because a lot will think it's worth the risk. But what we'll see after a CTE test comes to use will be a greatly sanitized version where almost any hard hit is penalized.

You may be right. I just remember that movie "Concussion" & the scene where Will Smith [playing the pathologist) has a small jar filled with a ping pong ball floating on a bit of liquid. He says "this is your brain." After that, plus incidents with Mike Webster, Junior Seau [among others) has me convinced.

I tried to send my brain in for testing...they sent it back marked-postage due!!

Uh huh......I believe it

Hehehehehehe!!!

How bout Julian Edelman retiring? Certainly a very talented receiver.

He had a catch in Super Bowl LI that was literally one inch off the ground. It was a very low ball and he had three defensive backs in very tight coverage. Shades of the Immaculate Reception, huh? That catch absolutely killed my team's chances to close out that game. I remember he was brought in as a Danny Amendola clone. He was a MAC QB that converted to WR. He had a heckuva career and will not be missed.

With that said, in my opinion he's not a hall of famer.

JERRY,THEM DARN GIZZARDS ARE CAUSING ME TO DRINK[stop that snickering, hehe]I'LL BE DOGGONE IF THEM BLIND DOGS DIDN'T WIN AGAIN...UTAH??? WHAT THE 411 IS GOIN ON HERE,THEY BEAT THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND THE THEY'LL LOSE TO-HOWARD UNIVERSITY[and everybody beats Howard, hehehe]YEAH I KNOW-ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT..BUT THESE ARE THE [NODEFENSECANTSHOOTNONCOACHINGGOODFORNOTHING] GIZZARDS HERE...I NEED A DRINK!!!

Julian Edelman is as much a HOF'er as you or me, Jerry. Great WR [[Kent State, no less) Yes, shades of the Immaculate Reception...but....not
    Not a contender for Canton, Ohio IMHO.

Steelers brought back LB Vince Williams. Williams had several offers & chose to stay for less money.

Steelers also sign backup Josh Dobbs to a 1yr contract. Gonna be interesting to see who will be the #3 QB [[behind Big Ben & Mason Rudolph) ..Dobbs or Haskins??

And the Browns signed Jadeveon Clowney. How's that gonna work out? His stats aren't all that.

Clowney has phat stats for the amount that he plays. The problem is that he's always hurt. If Cleveland gets 15 games or more out of him [[which I doubt), their defense is going to be crazy good.

And if Haskins can't supplant Rudolph as backup to Ben, then he might be done in the league.

I agree with both of your statements, Jerry. Clowney keeps getting hurt. He'll really have to prove himself to a lot of people. But, if he does he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Haskins proved to be a no brainer for the Steelers. Steelers are out virtually nothing if he doesn't perform. I'm a big fan of the Rocketman [[Dobbs). More brain power there.

If Atlanta had taken a flyer on Haskins, we wouldn't be hearing all of this chatter about taking a QB at #4. He should have been Matt Ryan's heir apparent. He also would have benefited from working closely with a 14-year veteran.

I agree. The moment of truth will come sooner than later for Haskins. Hope at least he can grow up & see what a chance he's been given.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a Falcon. I like the signing, which makes the choice at #4 a decision between a QB, tackle Penei Sewell or tight end Kyle Pitts. I want Pitts but would be happy with either player. Hope the Fins take either Pitts or Jamar Chase, although I wouldn't complain about Sewell or Davonta Smith.

HEY JERRY,I CAN'T BELIEVED I'M TYPING THIS BUT THEM NO ACCOUNT GIZZARDS MAY HAVE TRIPPED UP AND FOUND A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH,THE KID FROM THE BULLS THEY GOT IN THE TRADE ACTUALLY PLAYS[are you ready for this, I can't believe I'm using this word anywhere near them Gizzards]D-E-F-E-N-S-E, HE SWATTED DOWN TWO OF ZION'S SHOTS LAST NIGHT AND SCORED EIGHTEEN IN A WIN..THESE ARE NUTTY TIMES.

I didn't even pay attention. Let's hope they are turning things around. I see where most of the bench had positive +/- whereas the starters [[except for Russ) was negative. Beal was -13. Looks like you have better chemistry on your bench than with your starters.

Mike Tomlin has extended his deal in Pittsburgh for three years, moe! Most stable franchise in sports and it's not even close.

I totally agree jerry,and at the other end of the sprectrum...steph curry comes to town to face the mighty[hehehehe]gizzards tonight,as you know he and beal are fighting for the scoring title...curry's gonna drop fifty on em!!

Steph is on fire. I don't recall someone playing at his present level. And the Warriors are winning consistently in spite of having nobody else in their roster who requires extra attention.

Sorry Jerry, I've been a bit busy these days. Yes, Rooney & Company renewed Tomlin's contract for three years. They do not like instability. I think Tomlin's oldest is in college now. His wife has a very busy clothing business in Pittsburgh, so no surprise. I also think he wants to see Ben retire with a ring [[if at all possible).

Did either of you two [[Jerry & R&B) see anything about an Twitter incident with LeBron vs the LV Raiders??

Not yet. I saw where the Raiders official Twitter tweeted "I Can Breathe", which is what the pigs in New York City put on tee shirts to mock the murder of Eric Garner. Then, Mark Davis refused to acknowledge that his organization was insensitive under the guise of respect. He is scum of the Earth.

And LeBron tweeted "You're Next" to the cop who shot and killed Ma'Khia Bryant with the hashtag #ACCOUNTABILITY. Anybody without an agenda knows that he was talking about the cop being investigated and possibly charged. But those who are anti-BLM and anti-LeBron tried to make it seem as if he was making a threat against the cop's life. No adult would have interpreted his tweet that way.

Don't know whether there was a tit-for-tat between LBJ and the Raiders, though.

Oh geez..........and what about in your neck of the woods [Columbus]? Yikes!!

That's three cop shootings in four months. This one might be justified, but it's no less tragic. The first two were clearly murders and the cops obfuscated and intentionally botched the first and now OBI refuses to touch the investigation. The young man in that case was shot in the back and if the cop's story is be believed, the kid was holding his house key in one hand, a Subway bag in another and pointing a gun with a third.

They don't even care if their stories make sense anymore. They still get away with it.

W-h-a-t????pointing a gun with the third???? What the f--k is goin on????

This has REALLY gone crazy!!!! Innocent people do NOT stand a chance
    What have we come to?

There are a lot of cops who are willing to kill innocent people if it means they go home at the end of the shift. I'd suggest that they've forgotten what their alleged calling is but I recall learning that the model for policing was based on slave patrols. They're doing it just the way the system demands.

*Welp* Justin Layne arrested for something that will wind up being dropped to a misdemeanor. There are so many guns in Ohio [[and most are probably unregistered). Hopefully, this will get sorted out before the draft.
    Pittsburgh Steelers CB Justin Layne arrested, faces felony gun charge

10:07 AM ET
    Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Justin Layne was arrested Friday morning.

Layne was arrested on suspicion of felony transportation of a firearm inside of a vehicle, according to jail records in Lake County, Ohio. He was also charged with two misdemeanors -- driving with a suspended license and exceeding speed limits. Layne was booked just after 3 a.m. Friday.

Police said they initially stopped Layne for going 89 mph in a 60 mph zone.

"We are aware of the incident but still gathering information," the Steelers said in a statement. "We will have no further comment at this time."

Pittsburgh drafted Layne in the third round of the 2019 draft out of Michigan State. The 23-year-old appeared in 16 games last season and had 22 total tackles. Layne's arrest occurred less than 20 miles northeast of Cleveland, where he went to high school.

Layne was granted release on a personal bond. His next court date is scheduled for May 5, according to court records.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ony-gun-charge

JERRY,I'M LIVING IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE...HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN THEM[noaccountnodefenseplayin]GIZZARDS WINNING SEVEN IN A ROW??? AND IN TENTH PLACE FOR THE LAST PLAYOFF SPOT..PLAYOFFS?? GIZZARDS??????? IF THESE CLOWNS GET IN I'LL EAT LUNCH AT GRADY'S FOR A WEEK!!!