[REMOVE ADS]

Page 59 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 49 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Oh my, the Falcons pulled it off at the last minute....congrats Jerry Oz.

And if I didn't make myself clear earlier...
    Name:  -dallas-cowboys-win.jpg
Views: 3182
Size:  26.4 KB

LOL, I never doubted for a minute we'd win. Actually, I doubted for 60 minutes that we'd win and I'm very pleasantly surprised by the ending. This photo might go on a t-shirt if I'm still watching the NFL next season.

And I might say the same thing about dem Boyz, ms_m. Can't believe how they've been playing these past few weeks. Good to see them respond with passion.

Sorry, moe. It's hard for a good team to win with backup QBs. If Big Ben were playing, I think you and the Ravens would be the teams to beat in the AFC.

Oh, what a mess!!! I felt like I got dressed up for a date that never came [[at Heinz) last night. Crowd was great.......it's the team that didn't perform. But they are still the 6th seed for the wildcard. Nice ride that stopped...........
    I have to say that those Buffalo fans that showed up around me were nice.....which is more than I can say for other fans!!

GOOD FOR YOUR BURDS JERRY,MS M EVEN A BLIND DOG FINDS A BONE ONCE IN A WHILE..[of course you do know that if they meet in the playoffs-the Rams will rip their heads off]BUT FOR TODAY-HOW BOUT THEM BOYZ..MOE DON'T FEEL BAD,OUR STEELERS WILL BE OK,AND LAST AND LEAST[HEHE]THOSE DUMBSKINS ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE A FOOTBALL TEAM,WELL OFFENSIVELY-THE YOUNGSTERS SHOWED OUT[HASKINS-SIMMS-MCLAURIN-WHO SHOULD BE IN THE RUNNING FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR]BEST GAME OF THE YEAR,OF COURSE I STILL WANT DANNY TO CLEAN HOUSE-NEW COACHES NEW PLAYBOOK,ETC.

McLaurin should be rookie of the year. Nobody knew he was going to be that good. Next year, he and Haskins are going to really show out after playing together for two years. If your GM is anything other than trash, Washington should make a big jump.

Right on jerry,irving myer stopping by is interesting,of course mccarthy is still outthere,as is rivera,but none of them will come here if bruce is still in charge,dude's gotta go...will danny ever get it together???

HEY MOE...WHAT HAPPENED?? HI MS M[how bout them boyz-hehehe]OF COURSE THEY WILL BEAT US SUNDAY...AND THEN THEY CAN GO TO A SPORTS BAR AND WATCH THE PLAYOFFS WITH US-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....JERRY HANG IN THERE!!!

Wow. Not a team among us is going to the playoffs. Thank God for the NBA. For now, anyway.

Oh, the pain...........the pain!!!

I still have the friend north of Boston who emails me every time the Pats win BUT
    not when they lose [[does that tell ya something?)

I say the path to the AFC title goes through Baltimore!!!!!!!!

Hey moe,i got just the thing for your pain...a starring role in my next[polaroid classic]hehehehehehehe...go steelers!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Oh, the pain...........the pain!!!

I still have the friend north of Boston who emails me every time the Pats win BUT
    not when they lose [[does that tell ya something?)

I say the path to the AFC title goes through Baltimore!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm... I said this a few weeks ago and somebody *cough cough [[Jai) cough cough cough [[it was Jai) cough* disputed it. Still thinking that Tom Fraidy is the fulcrum upon which the NFL tips.

By the way, I was unhappy to hear that Dwayne Haskins was severely injured yesterday. Hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Cough,cough[very funny jerry]hehe...ok,ok the ravens seem to have the inside track this post season,i think that haskins will be ok,but i wouldn't play him against the cowboys sunday.

Yeah Jai we've sucked for awhile but I agree and refuse to believe your skins will beat us today BUT in the meantime...ROCKSTARS of MY day are Pop Oz Miami Dolphins....hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas City great game, now Moe I need your Steelers to kick butt...go Steelers go BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Ms M.........the Steelers didn't do the job. So I'll be watching in front of the TV with everyone else. What gave me great pleasure was watching the Pats lose to the Dolphins!!! Plus, the Pats lost home field advantage. As I said, everyone in the AFC will have to go through Baltimore to get to the Super Bowl!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...WHY AM I SMILIMG??? BRUCE ALLEN IS O-U-T..OH BY THE WAY THE BOYZ JUST FIRED THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF[hi Ms M]I'M NOT SURE THE RIVERA WILL BE THE ANSWER BUT HE'S ALREADY BETTER THAN WHAT WAS THERE..HEY JERRY-FALCONS-SKINS NFC CHAMPIONSHIP 2020..WE DESERVE IT,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! !!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Yeah Jai we've sucked for awhile but I agree and refuse to believe your skins will beat us today BUT in the meantime...ROCKSTARS of MY day are Pop Oz Miami Dolphins....hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas City great game, now Moe I need your Steelers to kick butt...go Steelers go BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The fact that the Pats lost when they needed to win to get the bye has me dancing.

Ms m,i said that your boyz would beat us but i also said that they would watch the playoffs...from a sports bar,same as us-go eagles!!!

Sad old season for all four of us. But Happy New Year, everybody! Things only get better from here.

For me, at least.

Happy New Year everyone! I've been watching NFL Network & the hopes [[from a few of those people) was "a DIFFERENT PLAYOFF." They said that meant no Patriots!!!! They were sick of them year after year.......maybe there is a God!!

Ms M....I had your fave drink last night.....& I even stuffed my own olives

HAAAAAAAAAAA,HAPPY NEW YEAR SPORTS GANG,I'M ACTUALLY GETTING A GOOD FEELING OVER HERE ABOUT THE NEW FOLKS COMING TO THE .....REDSKINS[i actually said it]IS THIS THE SEASON THAT I REMOVE THE PAPER BAG???? STAY TUNED!!

Happy New Year everyone. I wish they would make this Garrett thing official and move on.

Jai, I'm a little surprised Rivera took the job but I guess err body needs a paycheck.

I knew we would beat you and I knew we would be sitting on the side lines too but I never say never [[publicly) until it's all said and done. Dem Boyz will often piss me off but I'm still DC4LIFE!

Thanks for thinking about me Moe...stuffed your own olives eh? LOL

Luv ya ms m[wit yo fine self]but when we face off next season....ohhh boy!!!

YESSSSSSS.......there is a God..........bye bye Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel good right now. I don't like any of the New teams. New England. New Orleans. New York Jets/Giants. Of course the Jests and Giants were laughably bad this year but seeing Brady and Breezy bow out early has me dancing. Couldn't happen to a couple of better fan bases, if you ask me.

As kirk said...you like that?

Well it's game day,so what say you sports gang? Moe,jerry,ms.m who do you like? I like both teams but i'll take-san fran in a close one.

WELL SPORTS GANG,THE NBA SEASON IS GONE[as is should be]I JUST HOPE THAT NOBODY TEST POSITIVE IN THE NFL OR ANYWHERE ELSE ACTUALLY,BUT THE DOCTORS SAID IT'S GONNA GET WORST BEFORE IT GETS BETTER SO WE MAY NOT HAVE A SEASON TO TALK ABOUT,I'M PRAYING FOR EVERYBODY-GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

This is scary. NBA cancelled. NHL and MLS too. And MLB cancelled its already too long spring training. Conference tournaments cancelled and NCAA tourney to be played in empty arenas. Stock market crashing. I stopped going to the gym because I don't want to bring something home to my wife or to my folks. Add to that the fact that I'm apparently a part of the vulnerable population and I'm already worried.

Stay strong my brother,god still runs this not trump,you'll be ok and hopefully we'll be arguing sports shortly.

I'm good. You're at Ground Zero for the Brain Dead Apocalypse, though. Don't shake any hands or drink any water around there. You might get what Trump/McConnell/Graham got! By the way, Graham self-quarantined after shaking dirty hands at Mar-A-Lago over the weekend. You can't make this stuff up.

Haaaaaaa,no you can't when that clown show is involved,but you know what brother i'm groovin to some cool jazz and ain't frettin it.

Keep on keepin' on. Speaking of smooth jazz, I was listening to Grover's Mr. Magic earlier and still feel sad that he left us. Never met him but I felt like a family member died when I saw the notice.

Yep i know the feeling,i miss my kitten who passed in[1961]poor little thing but all cats go to heaven!

Former all purpose back and hall of famer-bobby mitchell passed today,mitchell played with jim brown as a halfback from[1958-61]in 1962 he was traded to the redskins as the first black player in team history,he retired after the[68]season..one of the best ever-r.i.p.

Yes indeed, R&B

I'm moving this discussion to the sports page,because we need all the sports talk we can get,even if it is about them-turkey gizzards!

Jai, I just saw that Wes Unseld has passed. That is more horrible news at a horrible time. To be honest, I haven't heard from him since he left the organization. That body would be hard for today's players to stop. May God bless his family and loved ones.

Yes,jerry,big wes was one of the enforcers at the center position his whole career,and his outlet passes will never be duplicated..if the gizzards ever get a big man near as good as wes they'll win the title,big wes never smiled and i watched him his whole career he took care of business on the court and nobody challenged him,i remember a game when two players got into it and wes just got in the middle...no fight that day,hehe,r.i.p.

Hey jerry,this ain't right...the gizzards have a shot at the playoffs in this[22 team]thinggy??? Is this the twilight zone or what..even lunch at grady's wouldn't give me an hullucination this bad..jerry when you're in office you gotta fix this kind of crapola,i'm gonna go lie down!!

I heard that John Wall is 100% right now. Is he planning on returning? He said a couple of weeks ago that he was still going to come back next year but he could put you guys into the tournament.

No,john wall won't be returning this season,as he shouldn't and i really don't want beal coming back either,for what??? To get injured and lost for next season....no shut the gizzards down...jerry,can't you pass a writ of insanious non compitition or something to keep em out????

Only if the Merican people do the right thing and annoint me king. I mean, vote me into the presidency.

Yeah,that's it,then you can build a wall to keep em in mexico...hey wait a minute that wall thing sounds familiar!!!!! Hmmmmmmm??

You have it all wrong. I'm building a wall and moving to Mexico. Heck if I'm gonna need to hide in a bunker in Washington. People love me enough to storm over the Whites House fence but not over a 1700 mile 80 foot tall electrified wall.

Hey jerry,with this[6ft]thing,we're gonna see porta potties all over the place in training camps,hehehe!!

Well,down came the statue of the most racist owner in the nfl..gorge preston marshall-who founded the washington redskins and owned them from[1932-1969]this fool refused to have a black on his team until he was denied access to the new stadium at the time[dc stadium]until he put a black player on the team and of course that player was bobby mitchell,the great running back out of cleveland who went on to have a hall of fame career and the talk now is that if the team comes back into the city the stadium will be named for mitchell which would be fitting,this tearing down comes years too late for my satisfaction as it should've been done years ago,rfk stadium is gonna be torn down soon so his statue would've come down anyhow,but i guess it's a sign of progress or a backhanded compliment,now to complete the task rename the team.

Call them the Rednecks. Or the Monuments. Or the Irvings. Or the Disease.

Speaking of Bobby Mitchell:
    Washington Redskins to retire No. 49 of Bobby Mitchell, HOFer and team's first black player
    John Keim
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Washington Redskins will retire the number worn by Bobby Mitchell, the first African American player in their history, who died earlier this year. The move, which a source said had been in the works for a while, comes one day after the statue of former Redskins owner George Preston Marshall, the last NFL owner to integrate his roster, was removed outside of the team's former home.

Mitchell's No. 49 is only the second number to be retired by the Redskins in their 88-year history. Sammy Baugh's No. 33 had previously been the only retired number.

In a statement, Redskins owner Dan Snyder said, "There is no one more deserving of these honors than the late Bobby Mitchell. Bobby was one of the most influential players not only in our team's history, but in the National Football League. He excelled on the field, in the front office and most importantly in his community where he had a tremendous impact on the lives of so many through his charitable efforts. He was one of the greatest men I have ever known."

Also, the Redskins renamed the lower bowl at FedEx Field in honor of Mitchell; it had been named after Marshall, who owned the franchise from the time of their inception in 1932 in Boston until his death in 1969.

On Friday, Marshall's statue was taken down by Events DC, which controls the land at RFK Stadium. Marshall had resisted for years numerous overtures to integrate his roster.

But in 1961, he was under pressure by Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall to integrate or lose the lease to new D.C. Stadium, which was on federal land. To appease Udall, the Redskins acquired Mitchell in a December 1961 trade with the Cleveland Browns, sending them the rights to African American running back Ernie Davis. Mitchell played seven seasons for Washington and was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1983.

It wasn't always easy for Mitchell, who died on April 5. He often recalled hearing racial epithets hurled his way and said he was once spat upon at a local restaurant. However, Mitchell, while acknowledging the pain, overcame the vitriol and lasted 41 seasons with the franchise. He also became heavily involved with the National Leukemia Society as well as the Shaw Food Committee locally, among numerous other organizations.

Mitchell was proud of what he accomplished in the NFL and wanted to be known for more than just breaking a color barrier in Washington. After his retirement, he told the Washington Post, "I have to live with people always talking about me as the first black player against all my exploits. I've always been very upset that people always start with that. I don't want to hear that, and yet I have to hear it constantly and it overshadows everything I've done in the game."

However, that status meant a lot to his teammates and many others.

"Bobby was our Jackie Robinson," former Redskins safety Brig Owens said in the release. "He had to handle the pressure of being the first African American football player to integrate the Washington Redskins. He, like Jackie, was a military officer headquartered in the DC area when he received notice of his trade. In the face of great adversity, he served as a role model for the Washington, D.C. community, The Redskins, its fan base and the NFL. He was more than an exceptional football player and athlete, he was an exceptional human being. He was like a brother to me."

Mitchell was a running back in four years with Cleveland, but switched to flanker in Washington. In seven seasons with Washington, Mitchell caught 393 passes, averaging 16.5 yards per catch, and had 49 touchdown receptions. He carried the ball 90 times with Washington, scoring twice and averaging 4.5 yards per carry. In Cleveland, Mitchell ran the ball 423 times, scoring 16 touchdowns and averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

Mitchell also was a standout returner, averaging 10.1 yards on punts and 26.4 yards on kickoffs for his career. He was named first-team All-Pro three times and, when he retired, Mitchell had the second most all-purpose yards in NFL history.

Bobby Mitchell, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1983, will have his No. 49 retired by the Redskins. AP Photo/Mark Duncan
    Only one player had worn Mitchell's number since he retired after the 1968 season -- tight end Leonard Stephens in 2002. Mitchell said after that season he was hurt that the team had re-issued his number, though then-coach Steve Spurrier said it was simply an oversight and it was never given to another player.

In the release about the jersey number retirement, Mitchell's wife, Gwen, said that "Bobby would have been thrilled and humbled by this wonderful recognition... I would like to thank Dan Snyder and the entire Washington Redskins organization for this great honor."

His daughter, Terri Mitchell, said, "This honor would have meant the world to him. He felt that the retiring of a jersey is the ultimate recognition of an athlete."

Mitchell served as an assistant general manager with Washington until he retired after the 2002 season. Mitchell said at the time he was hurt that late owner Jack Kent Cooke had passed him over for the general manager's job two different times -- in favor of Bobby Beathard and later Charley Casserly. But Mitchell didn't let any disappointment overwhelm him.

He also told the Post after retiring, "I've always said I'm not going to walk away from this game bitter. I've been close, but I was determined not to let it get to me. I held up."

The Redskins plan to hold a number-retirement ceremony at a future home game.

Earlier in the week the Redskins held a series of town hall meetings on race led by members of the organization, including senior vice president of player development Doug Williams, a good friend of Mitchell's. A source said Mitchell's jersey retirement had been discussed before these meetings.

Ron Rivera, the only minority head coach hired this offseason, announced last week that the Redskins also have started the Black Engagement Network, which focuses on mentoring, networking and community outreach.

Marshall remains in the Redskins' Ring of Fame with his name displayed inside the stadium along with other members of that group. The franchise's nickname also remains a source of controversy, on which discussion has been renewed in recent weeks amid a growing emphasis on racial matters.

Jerry,this is my gripe and one of the reasons many don't like this team,Bobby Mitchell was no token player he was great and the league itself recognized his contribution by putting him into the HOB,but the SOB's who've owned this team[Jack Kent Cooke-Daniel Snyder]didn't see fit to retire his number until-AFTER HIS DEATH...fuckin morons!!