[REMOVE ADS]

Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

The Steelers deserve that loss! Todd Haley needs to go, period. You have all that offensive talent & what.......? Defensive Coordinator Keith Butler is no angel in this either. And the players were already talking about their "right of passage" [[i.e. facing NE) as if it was a done deal.........WRONG!!! I'm ashamed for them, as well as sitting in 15 degrees with swirling wind was no picnic either for us. But let's hope the Jags are THAT good when they face NE. And that Minnesota game.....WOW!!

As Ms M said: ANYBODY BUT THE PATRIOTS!!!!

You know what you saw, moe. But in my opinion, Haley didn't call a bad game. They scored 42 points, which should have been 20 more than they needed against the Jags. Those turnovers didn't help, but I don't put it on the OC. Ben's touchdowns were fire, by the way. Four of the best passes I've seen in the past few years on his first four touchdowns.

From my perspective, losing Shazier was too much for the defense to overcome. And I blame the chit-chat and woof talk on Tomlin more than anybody else. That's a cultural thing and it only got noticed this week because it was the playoffs. Now that Fournette is hurt, the Pats will easily win next week. SMH.

From my standpoint, I'm almost glad the season is over. Bad luck caused by mind farts killed us all season. We lost four of our six games largely on the strength of normally reliable receivers not only dropping passes but tipping them to defenders for interceptions that either killed drives or set the other teams up in the red zone. And those games were lost by six or fewer points. And on Saturday, Keanu Neal, normally very reliable, tipped a pass to Nelson Agholor that set up a field goal with one second left in the first half. Consider the situation if we were down by two instead of five at the end of the game.

The better team won and I'll take my lumps into the off-season, knowing that we'll come back stronger and better next season. Personally, I'm happy that we won't have the wholesale changes coming that it looks like the Steelers will be making and the Panties have already begun. All we need is a right guard, backup center, nose tackle, and for the OC to use his playbook instead of somebody else's. Don't tell thomas_96, but the Falcons are sweeping the division. We may lose a game to Tampa Bay.

And I'm still pissed off with Jerry Jones, Bob McNair, Jerry Richardson, and Bob Kraft and their deplorable politics.

I would like to see, however, a "home team Super Bowl win." That would definitely be a first. We came home from all that cold weather in Pittsburgh to even worse weather here.
    Oh well.........
    I just hope they work on that "what's a catch" rule in the offseason.....I know Jesse James wants them to!

Moe,moe,moe...what happened??? I already had em in,guess the jags are better than i thought...jerry i told you what was gonna happen,i guess the best bird won[hehe]!

You saw what happened, R&B!!!!!!
    However.......
    TODD HALEY DUMPED!!!!!!!!!! Bye Bye!!!!
    Who's next??

That's the thing with replacing coaches. You have to find somebody better. That likely cost us another run to the Super Bowl and it's going to be the biggest thing determining Pittsburgh's success next year. You had the third-ranked offense and more you need somebody to maintain the efficiency while being a better game coach. Good luck on that.

thomas96 Guest
    Moe, I don't understand why people are blaming Haley... They put up 42 points against a top defense... Defense was the issue, giving up 45 [[well 38 I guess but still) to Bortles and a banged up rookie RB...

That was an odd game. Plenty of fault in a lot of areas. But I agree, if you score 42 points, you should win every game. We averaged 31 points last season and couldn't average two touchdowns this year. If we scored at least 24 points per game this year, we would only have lost two games. Offense wasn't the Steelers biggest problem [[in my opinion) just like defense was not the biggest problem for the Falcons.

As for the Panthers? They need somebody besides [[s)Cam that the defenses need to be afraid of. Even one true weapon [[McCaffrey next year?) and that offense becomes dynamic. And Dallas needs a new HC and a true GM.

There was always a lot of friction between Haley & some of the Steelers.
    I do hope Mike Munchak stays. But Butler?? We'll all stay tuned.

Mike Munchak has withdrawn his name for consideration for the Arizona Cardinal’s head coach. He is staying in Pittsburgh.

Well,i got my own problems..[darn gizzards can't do nothin right,getting blown out by jv teams]i'm having a fire sale-gortat-morris-porter for..????

I feel your pain, R&B......

Hi moe,thanks maybe i should write one of my famous screenplays about a long suffering fan...sigh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Well,i got my own problems..[darn gizzards can't do nothin right,getting blown out by jv teams]i'm having a fire sale-gortat-morris-porter for..????
    Trade them and a quarter to Philly for a coupon worth 50 cents off a five piece Chicken McNuggets. They might make the trade if you catch the GM before his morning coffee.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...hey jerry with our gm anything is possible,but as i love to play[gm]i wanna make this trade...porter-gortat-morris-a second round pick for....[drumroll]the greek freak from the bucks,now i know it'll never happen but one can dream,i'm scared mr grunfeild in his infinite wisdom will actually move-kelley oubray jr. And he'll become a superstar for someone else,those are the kinds of moves our gm makes-sigh!!

The Quizzards are two and a half games out of third place in the East. This in spite of Wall missing a couple of weeks last month. And with the Cleveland Cadavers in tailspin, you can easily take over third. They might have a bad outing every so often, but so does every team. There's a long way to go before the end of the season and they could easily host the first or second round of the playoffs. And the Bucks would probably trade Giannis for Curry or Kawhi but nobody else at this point.

Methinks thou dost protest too much, my friend.

Oh really,not enough these underachieving lazy bums will not finish in the third spot[and you know it]they are gonna finish above the labrons??..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,maybe forth and lose in the first round,i'm surprised they beat your[hawks]and they really stink,no my friend the gizzards are exactly who i say they are,you''ll see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh really,not enough these underachieving lazy bums will not finish in the third spot[and you know it]they are gonna finish above the labrons??..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,maybe forth and lose in the first round,i'm surprised they beat your[hawks]and they really stink,no my friend the gizzards are exactly who i say they are,you''ll see!!!
    I'm not a Hawks fan. I'm a big Sixers fan, ever since the days of Doctor J. Just be glad you never had to endure the Process.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i've been enduring the process since[1980]remember-joe pace who wouldn't go into the game unless he felt like it,and how about-john hotplate williams who folks were comparing to magic,except he couldn't stay away from the twinkies and ate himself out of the league,or the guy named ruffin who was the worst shooter in the history of the league,he had one famous play in his career,with about-0.2 seconds on the clock he took the ball and tossed it into the air too dumb to know that it was still live,of course the opponent caught it shot it and wizards lose in the blink of and eye,and this was before the gilbert circus came to town,no my friend i've endured the process!!

Well,the superbowl is all set,and the pats are gonna kill the eagles,you heard it here first.

I hope not!

Only 1 penalty called on the Cheaters during the entire game? Really?

Now mow,be nice at least you have a pennsylvania team in the big game...i wish i had a team-sigh!!!

This might be the first Super Bowl that I haven't watched since 1969. I'll only watch if there's nothing else on.

Now now there jerry,it ain't that bad,but if you ain't gonna watch i think there a alvin an the chipmonks film festival on that day-hehehehe.

And I might watch it. The referees only called one penalty on New England yesterday. They also cheered and congratulated the Patsies when the game ended. Nobody with more than half a brain supposes it will be a fair contest and I'm still sour over last year [[where they flat out beat our butts, no obvious help from the officials). Why does a good team need help?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...nship-victory/

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...and i might watch it-classic,jerry you're a hoot!!!

Hey jerry,the clippers just shipped out[blake griffin]to the pistons,could labron be coming? On the flip side-john wall out six to eight weeks for knee scope[wizards may not make playoffs]yes he'll be back but it may be too late to save season,of course it's their own fault now they get the rough teams starting tonight with the thunder[westbrook is gonna score fifty on em]bye bye gizzards...even after wall comes back he's gonna be somewhat out of shape so even if they crawl into the playoffs they're gone in the first round!!

Stick a fork in the Quizzards because they are just about done, Cowboy. And the Clippers trading Griffin after signing him to a five year contract is why I side with LeBron and KD and anybody else who goes to play for the team of their choice. Look what Boston did to IT3 after he played through a bad hip, a displaced tooth, and his sister's death in the playoffs last year.

Get yours or get got. Quote me on that with attribution.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 01-31-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Yep i have to agree,now those no account gizzards actually beat a good team[okc]and played defense too[pigs will fly]of course they will lose the next five in a row...now as for my other home team[the dumbskins]well as you know kirk is gone[and i hope he gets a ring with denver]because we know that's where he's headed]so we get alex smith and give up promising corner[kendall fuller]who will probably be all-pro for the next ten years with[the chiefs]the only positive is that they can draft a player other than quarterback,alex smith can play,he's just old so here we go.

Do you two think the Steelers will work out a contract with Bell?

The Steelers will work it out with Bell. Thanks to the franchise tag, teams have all of leverage in the NFL, so he may not sign until after the exhibition season starts. But with a new OC [[even in-house), it's in your interest to get him signed ASAP. I'm going to watch that with interest because Mr. Rooney is known as a players' owner, so it'll be interesting if he pushes your GM to avoid horse trading and creating a PR mess of negotiations.

And Jai, I think the trade is okay for the Rednecks. Personally, I have no clue why they didn't sign Cousins to a five year deal three years ago. They could have done it with the guaranteed loot being about what they paid him with the franchise tag [[$44 million) for the past two seasons. Now, they've gone out and given an older dude $70 million guaranteed. I'm not keen on your O-line, but you better make sure you have a good one now.

They're not bad when healthy,he should have time to throw and if we can find a running back in the draft we might somehow survive but the[nfc]is tougher now and we know that the packers are gonna be back,moe i'm with jerry,the steelers will resign bell.

The Birds will face the Rednecks next season, Homeboy. Who ya got?

You mean your[birds]? I didn't know that,too early yet i'll get back to ya.

I know already. Bet on the Falcons. Bet big, bet often, bet early, and get all of your friends to bet. That way, you can't lose because you're going to make a lot of money in spite of Washington losing by 20 or 30 points.

Now jerry,you know how these things go,this will be the one game where the dumbskins actually look like a real team and blow the dirty burds out,way to early to bet.

Hey jerry,can you tell me what the heck is wrong with them[gizzards]???wall goes down and now they wanna play like a real team,well we'll see in the coming days as they play inferior competition and we know how they do in those games,stay tuned.

I was going to ask you about that. Beating Toronto without John Wall? Now you know why I call them the Quizzards. They're a head scratcher.

Man that team ain't right,can you imagine where they would be if they had won those games against the bad teams,but wall being out is kind of a blessing because they would stand around and wait for him to make one of his great moves but now they know that moving the ball is the only thing that will win for em,that and actually playing defense,oh well stay tuned,the big game coming up and i gotta go with the pats.

Yeah, they are a good example of a team that needs to learn what Michael Jordan learned. If you have talent around a great player, it's in his best interest to make sure they play as well as they can. If the other team has five players to worry about, the great player will feast. If the other four aren't involved, it's much easier for the other team to defend the great player. That's kind of what I was trying to explain to thomas96 about getting help for [[s)Cam Newton. I've seen Quizzards games where Beal and Porter are criminally underutilized.

Hey jerry they won again last night,actually beat a bad team badly,i don't believe i'm about to type this but here goes...satoransky is doing the job as back up point guard and so far he's doing it good...i know that the other shoe is gonna drop.

Enjoy it while it lasts, partner. Sometimes, it helps to take a player out of the equation for the others to jell. Hopefully, when J Wall returns, he'll add to what they are doing instead of being 90% of their focus.

Wow,how bout dem iggles,they are champs at long last,congrats to em,this may be the end of the pats long run to the superbowl,they gotta fix the defense as others are gonna be hungry to replace em,the steelers-the jags-denver,it will be interesting,in the nfc-philly could return but it ain't gonna be easy-the vikings-packers[with arron rodgers back]seahawks-panthers-saints-falcons,man next season will be a doozy,i can't wait til kickoff in september...[i wish i had a team-sigh!!]

Heck of a game, R&B. Glad the Eagles won! And why can't Brady go & shake Foles's hand after the game? That is NOT good sportsmanship!!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Heck of a game, R&B. Glad the Eagles won! And why can't Brady go & shake Foles's hand after the game? That is NOT good sportsmanship!!
    I find it quite fascinating that Cam Newton leaving a press conference early is national news for days after the Super Bowl, even after he went out on the field like a man and shook Manning's hand, while when Brady has now three times not gone out and shaken Eli and Foles' hands and ran back to the locker room, nobody even notices...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    I find it quite fascinating that Cam Newton leaving a press conference early is national news for days after the Super Bowl, even after he went out on the field like a man and shook Manning's hand, while when Brady has now three times not gone out and shaken Eli and Foles' hands and ran back to the locker room, nobody even notices...
    Preach! They already have videos on YouTube showing Brady doing the same actions on the field and sidelines that Odell Beckham, Jr. gets criticized for. Nobody even bats an eye when Brady does it, though.

Worse than that, they're already covering for him by saying that Brady displayed his competitive side when he failed to shake hands instead of suggesting that he was a sore loser.

What I also notice is that LeBron James got excoriated by the media and many fans for using his leverage to put himself in a winning situation and to have a say in team moves. But when Tom Brady went around Bill Belichick's back to get Bob Kraft to trade Jimmy Garrapolo so he didn't have to look over his shoulder, nobody even batted an eye. He's still Tom Terrific.

I do not not understand why Brady [[at his age) doesn't want to retire & have a fulfilling life watching his kids grow up & other things. He took a bunch of knocks Sunday, courtesy of the Eagles. How much more can one take, especially at his age? The only answer I can come up with is EGO.

I think that new england's run may be over,the competition is better and i think they will fall in the playoffs.

Folks are now suggesting that John Wall is the reason why the Quiz have been inconsistent all season. Five games in a roll without him suggests that there has been a chemistry issue with him on court.

They play a more uptempo style when wall is in there,they don't have his speed so they know that they have to play more team ball,as long as they don't get anymore injuries and beat the bad teams they should survive til wall gets back...what am i sayin,these are the gizzards they will find a way to muck it up...sigh!!