[REMOVE ADS]

Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Wasn't sure if the Steelers were going to pull it off Moe but they did....congrats!

Jai, I have a very good friend that is a Skins fan and last night she joked she may have to become a Steelers fans...that won't happen but it was funny. HAHAHA

Jerry Oz, I saw this in a comment section and had to post:

Stephen Lesue
    Dear Falcons
    I have been following you since way back in time when you drafted Tommy Nobis. I have been a fan during the darkest of seasons. I was a fan during those all too few bright seasons. I felt pain when you fell in the playoffs. I was deeply depressed for weeks after those two SB's. Yet I have looked forward to each season, defended you, celebrated you.
    Now I am an old man. My health is failing. Yet here I am watching, sitting on the edge of my chair.
    Never in all those long, long decades have I ever asked anything from you.
    But now I would ask just one favor from you....
    Start putting Daggers in the hearts of opponents when you have them beat before ya'll put me in the emergency room!
    Sincerly
    Stephen Lesue
    Now what REALLY makes this funny to me....change out the team and the names of the players and... I can relate...and I bet Jai feels the same way!!!!LOL

Last season, we actually were blowing teams out by the end of the season, which made the Collapse all the more difficult to accept. We did it in 1998, too. After Eugene Robinson traded his reputation, his family, his honor, and his NFL Man of the Year award in for a blow job from an undercover cop in Miami, the team just played flat against a stacked Denver team and never had a chance. Our history is unique for the pain that the fans have endured.

We had Claude Humphrey quitting due to redundantly mediocre culture, William Andrews tearing up a knee when it looked like we finally broke through, Deion Sanders leaving town because the owners decided that the best player in team history [[at that point) wasn't good enough to pay, Michael Vick fighting dogs, Bobby Petrino quitting 11 games into his first season...

It took us 40 years before we had back-to-back seasons, which is remarkable. Yet, some of us masochists have stood by through it all. As I explained to someone on Facebook, I'm okay with the the disjointed nature of this season because we should have won four of the five games that we lost. We went from the point of hoping for a good season to where we now expect to have a good season and that's major. I love it.

I'm still bummed on the NFL for the same reasons that I'll avoid listing again. But Atlanta has one of the coolest and remarkably socially conscious owners in sports, so I can watch them without feeling like a hypocrite. I'm still pissed off at Miami for not bringing in Kaepernick, but Stephen Ross has an active justice initiative and he also has the first NFL organization that has 100% voter registration, so I can feel okay with watching them get beat later tonight as well. That may change in a year or so.

But man, consider that my Philadelphia 76ers intentionally tanked for four years to build a good team and my hometown NHL team played for more than a decade before even sniffing a winning record, and I have been through the thick of fan suffering. Thank God for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Tar Heels! My one shining light in a sea of sports fandom despair.

Thanks Ms M. I've been dragging all day with only 4 hours of sleep after that one........and everyone else I was around in Pittsburgh stayed
    until 3-4am in places around the stadium.....too old for that stuff anymore! Was appalled at some of the behaviors of 20 somethings in the stadium...beating on peoples' seats in front of them......no manners. Someone texted security [[not me) & up & out for them!
    Next Sunday is a REAL test for us because they don't come any better than NE.

And after a week of advertising a game by showing only highlights of Tom Brady and the Pats while barely mentioning who they would be playing, New England and the Goat just got crushed. I'm so happy for ESPN and the national sports media, who can all kiss my naturally black behind. And moe, this means that a win on Sunday gives Pittsburgh homefield advantage with two weeks remaining in the season. I'm typically only a Steelers fan when they play New England, so let's hope they don't let me down.

Let's hope they don't let YOU as well as the city of Pittsburgh down!

Yep,the pats better wake up and fast,of course this is the preview game of the[afc]championship,how bout them skins-opps wrong thought pattern,hehehe!!

AS WE SPEAK I GOT MY CREW...[LEPRECHANS-TROLLS-ELVES-WITCHES-MUCHKINS-WARLOCKS-FAIRIES]WORKING ON A NEW BATCH OF THIS-WONDERFUL ELIXUR,BECAUSE THE DUMBSKINS ARE HEADING FOR A LONG STAY IN-LOSERSVILLE,AND I'M GONNA BE JUICED UP FOR ALL OF IT,WE MIGHT BE WORST THAN CLEVELAND NEXT SEASON..nogoodownernogeneralmanagergoodfornothingn oquarterbacknogameplannorunninggamenorecieversnoho mefieldadvantage...NO HOPE-AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Hey jerry,see waht i mean about them no good gizzards,yep they lost again to a team they shoulda beat,the nets..yes those nets..oh i want this team to crawl into the playoffs as the eight seed so that-boston-the cavs can beat the s--t out of em and maybe just maybe that'll wake em up,and they'll shut the f--k up and try to play like a team that wants to compete next season,agggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!??????

How long before Wall returns? Your boys are having ups and downs like crazy without him.

Word on the street is that wall may return today,but i don't want em to rush him back that won't help!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yep,the pats better wake up and fast,of course this is the preview game of the[afc]championship,how bout them skins-opps wrong thought pattern,hehehe!!
    Jacksonville at Pittsburgh for the afc championship game is what it will be.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm still bummed on the NFL for the same reasons that I'll avoid listing again. But Atlanta has one of the coolest and remarkably socially conscious owners in sports, so I can watch them without feeling like a hypocrite.
    I don't get this... You care more about a socially conscious owner than an owner that builds a winning team? And how would you be a hypocrite watching them even if they had an owner like Jerry Jones or Jerry Richardson? Are you a hypocrite when you buy and use tons of different products that I guarantee many owners of those companies and/or important people in those organizations have different opinions than you do?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    jacksonville at pittsburgh for the afc championship game is what it will be.
    thomas,you must be drunker than me if you think that,jacksonville might dream about it but the pats will be there!!

I don't get this... You care more about a socially conscious owner than an owner that builds a winning team? And how would you be a hypocrite watching them even if they had an owner like Jerry Jones or Jerry Richardson? Are you a hypocrite when you buy and use tons of different products that I guarantee many owners of those companies and/or important people in those organizations have different opinions than you do?
    If the owners of said companies make their politics public, I do not support the company or use its products. Stopped shopping at Home Depot years ago and stopped eating at Chik-Fil-A even before I stopped eating meat. I don't have a problem with Jerry Richardson unless I read anything objectionable about him. Jerry Jones just irritated me with his protestations and Bob McNair just reminded me that these gentlemen care less about their communities than they do about fleecing them.

God bless everybody who feels differently, I wish that I did. But I'm close to jumping off. But that's my cross to bear. Speaking of crucifixions, how bad is the Pack going to destroy the Panties this week?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    thomas,you must be drunker than me if you think that,jacksonville might dream about it but the pats will be there!!
    Guess you didn't watch the game on Monday night...?

Jerry,you're drinking the same koolaid as thomas,that game was just a bad game[it happens]if jacksonville dreams about beating the pats they will wake up and slap themselves...ain't gonna happen this season bro!!

There are bad games where you play below expectations and lose. But when a middling team dominates you, it's something different. I really liked how the commentators made sure to tell you how New England's defense was devastated and they missed Gronk. Every team is missing players at this time of the year. Miami lost their starting QB, middle linebacker, nickel, and running back but not once was that brought up. Plus, Tom Terrific has been growing increasingly salty over the last few weeks; something's up. Pittsburgh is going to beat New England this week and will beat them again if they play later.

Mark my words.

Oh, by the way...
    Panthers owner Jerry Richardson under investigation for workplace misconduct

7:25 PM ET
    The Carolina Panthers have opened an investigation into allegations of workplace misconduct against owner and founder Jerry Richardson.

In a statement Friday, team spokesman Steven Drummond acknowledged accusations had been made against Richardson, 81.
    "The Carolina Panthers and Mr. Richardson take these allegations very seriously and are fully committed to a full investigation and taking appropriate steps to address and remediate any misconduct," Drummond said. "The entire organization is fully committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse work environment where all individuals, regardless of sex, race, color, religion, gender, or sexual identity or orientation, are treated fairly and equally. We have work to do to achieve this goal, but we are going to meet it."

The NFL became aware on Friday afternoon that the Panthers had initiated an investigation, a source told ESPN.
    NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league would decline comment at this time.

The investigation is being led by international law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart and Sullivan, LLP, and will be overseen by minority owner and former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles. Because the matter is under legal review, the Panthers cannot comment publicly on the specifics of the allegations.
    "I have had a strong relationship with Mr. Richardson during my time with the Panthers," coach Ron Rivera said in a statement to ESPN. "I have enormous respect for the man, but will wait for the results of the investigation before making any judgment."
    Richardson became the first former NFL player since George Halas to own an NFL team when he was awarded an expansion franchise on Oct. 26, 1993.

The Panthers began play two years later in 1995.
    Richardson has worked primarily behind the scenes during his tenure with the Panthers and rarely does interviews. But he has been very active through the years with league matters.
    Richardson was hospitalized 2008, one month after receiving a pacemaker. Richardson underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2002 and was placed on a donor waiting list for a new heart. He received the new heart on Feb. 1, 2009, and has not had any known setbacks since.

He is only one of two owners to have owned a franchise since its inception. The other is Houston's Bob McNair.
    Information from ESPN's David Newton and The Associated Press was used in this report.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ace-misconduct

Oh i have no doubt about the steelers,i was talking about-jacksonville,moe's steelers are the only threat to the pats...and they know it!!

Moe, I need your guys to kick some NE butt today. I will not be able to see ya [[and will probably miss the first half of my game) but do your thang Steelers and Let's Go Cowboys!!!!!! This fan is forever loyal.

There are so many people hoping for the Steelers [[i.e. they hate NE so much). We need to put some serious JuJu on NE!!!!
    One can only hope & pray......

I like both teams actually,just looking forward to this one...[it's nice to see real contenders play]we don't have a team like that here and won't for some time[yeah i still root for the bums,i'm a glutton for punishment].

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    There are so many people hoping for the Steelers [[i.e. they hate NE so much). We need to put some serious JuJu on NE!!!!
    One can only hope & pray......
    I didn't see if JuJu is playing today. He was limited in practice this week and listed as questionable on Friday.

JuJu to play. He is NOT listed as inactive.

I have had an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Checking the score I'm still feeling good....heck yeah Cowboys!!!!!

Yo Moe?????? I have to go back and look at your game later this week....

Thanks LA....now let's go BOYZ!!!!!!!!!

Oh and congrats Jai and the Panthers kicked butt!!!...This seems to have been an awesome football day but it's Boyz time....

Watching the highlights on ESPN right now. So, New England benefits from another... interesting call. Looks like a touchdown. Called a score on the field. But in spite of what we thought we knew, it's not a touchdown. Beginning with the Tuck Rule, I'd like to know one time that the Pats ever came out on the bad side of a rule interpretation.

Oh, and tough break about AB. Partially torn calf muscle sounds super painful. Steelers will need him back in the playoffs if they're going to avenge this nonsense.

omg
    Name:  54c101e726875eaefbc1f7c9ef5bd1f5--dallas-cowboys-memes-cowboys-win.jpg
Views: 2876
Size:  26.4 KB
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, ms_m. You need to start rooting against the Dirty Birds right about now.

Thanks!!!!!

I was just trying to figure out how I was gonna beak it to ya....LOL......and Dear Santa....for Christmas Eve I would like....

I mean break....hahahaha...I'm feeling sooooooooooooooo good right now...LOL

I like "beak it to ya" better, M.

LOL....of course you do ...LOL
    We should talk soon!!!

I know of no time ever that the Pats took one on the chin. I swear they have bought/sold the refs more than once. But Ben's interception? If I am not mistaken Haley called that misfortune. They could've kicked & gone into OT.
    Look out for Jacksonville!!!

Wow moe,what happened...that was the correct call on jesse james,as for big ben he went brain dead just spike the ball and kick the fieldgoal and go to overtime...congrats ms m,your boyz had luck on their side,all carr had to do was run out of bounds with[31sec]left and first and goal and the raiders win instead he played hero and they lost!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I like "beak it to ya" better, M.
    She revealed herself to be a closet Falcons fan with that Freudian slip. But I ain't mad because the bandwagon still isn't full.

BTW: That was soooo cool, ms_m. I kind of wish you hadn't corrected it.

Whaaat? P Diddy wants to buy the Panthers?
    Last edited by moe; 12-18-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Ain't no shame in my game when I say luck played a major role in our win but hey, a win is a win...YEAH!

As long as your Birds don't hinder my Boyz I don't have a problem cheering for' em, what else is new?

Damn Pats.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

thomas96 Guest
    Whaaat? P Diddy wants to buy the Panthers?
    Publicity stunt. He has the exact same chance I have of being the next owner of the Panthers.

Maybe so. But I wouldn't discount his bank book!!!

Hmmm...
    Diddy, Kaepernick, others could buy Carolina Panthers and make history

by Mashaun D. Simon / Dec.20.2017 / 5:01 PM ET

From left, Colin Kaepernick, Sean Combs.Slaven Vlasic/Phillip Faraone / Getty Images
    If some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment have anything to do with it, the next owner of the Carolina Panthers will be a historic one for the National Football League.

Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry have all expressed interest in buying the Panthers when it becomes available for sale at the end of the season.

“I will be the best NFL owner that you can imagine,” Diddy said in a video posted to Instagram late Sunday evening. “I will immediately address the Colin Kaepernick situation and put him in the running for next year’s starting quarterback.”

Diddy also posted to Twitter a photo of him from 2003 wearing a Panthers' jersey and said, "It's time!"

View image on Twitter
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\JERRYW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image003.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\JERRYW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image004.jpg[/IMG]Diddy
    ✔@Diddy
    This picture was taken back in 2003. This is God’s work. It’s time!!

ATTN all @NFL owners, it’s time for diversity!! It’s time for Black ownership!!

The time is now. Let’s make it happen!!
    10:25 PM - Dec 17, 2017
    ·
    1,6851,685 Replies

·
    22,78022,780 Retweets

·
    54,30954,309 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Kaepernick, who has has yet to be signed to an NFL team, could make a comeback to the league, but away from the sidelines.
    “I want in on the ownership group,” he tweeted back to Combs Monday morning. “Let’s make it happen!”

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\JERRYW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image005.jpg[/IMG]Colin Kaepernick
    ✔@Kaepernick7
    I want in on the ownership group! Let’s make it happen! https://twitter.com/diddy/status/942572662311841797 …
    10:38 AM - Dec 18, 2017
    ·
    4,4964,496 Replies

·
    54,77854,778 Retweets

·
    155,954155,954 likes
    Curry, tweeted Diddy saying he wanted in as well. Curry is a native of North Carolina and a fan of the Panthers. Former NFL players Greg Jennings, Shawn Merriman, and Maurice Jones-Drew also tweeted their interest.

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\JERRYW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image006.jpg[/IMG]Shawne Merriman
    ✔@shawnemerriman
    We’ve been talking about it let’s go!!!!! https://twitter.com/diddy/status/942572662311841797 …
    9:05 PM - Dec 17, 2017
    ·
    22 Replies

·
    44 Retweets

·
    2020 likes

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\JERRYW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image007.jpg[/IMG]Maurice Jones-Drew
    ✔@MJD
    I’m trying to get in as well fam https://twitter.com/diddy/status/942572662311841797 …
    10:11 PM - Dec 17, 2017
    ·
    1313 Replies

·
    5555 Retweets

·
    209209 likes
    No African-American has majority ownership of an NFL team. But Diddy, Curry, and Kaepernick wouldn't be the first African-Americans to try.

In 2005, Reggie Fowler, an Arizona businessperson, would have been the first African-American to own an NFL team when he attempted to purchase the Minnesota Vikings. He eventually became a limited partner, but in 2014 lost his partnership.
    Other prominent African-Americans have ownership in major franchise sports teams, including Michael Jordan, who is an owner of the Charlotte Hornets [[NBA) and BET co-founder Sheila Johnson who has ownership of the Washington Wizards [[NBA), Washington Mystics [[WNBA), and the Washington Capitals [[NHL).

The interest in the Panthers comes amid allegations that current owner and founder, Jerry Richardson, sexually harassed a female worker and used a racial slur against an African-American employee.

“I believe it is time to turn the franchise over to new ownership," Richardson stated in a letter shared on the Panther’s website Sunday. “We will not begin the sale process, nor will we entertain any inquiries, until the very last game is played. While I will no longer be the team owner, I will always be the Panthers Number One fan.”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...istory-n830841

thomas96 Guest
    Maybe so. But I wouldn't discount his bank book!!!
    He doesn't have enough money to be the majority owner. Not even close. And none of the league owners would ever allow him to buy it. Rightfully so as well.

thomas96 Guest
    Damn Jerry you guys got handled, you couldn't help us out and give us a shot at the division... And Freeman showed why he's the most overpaid and non-clutch RB in the league right now. Better hope you don't get knocked out by us next week...

I have to agree that Diddy alone doesn’t have then money to pull it off but if you were to add Jay Z into the equation [[and his wife) the money would definitely be there.

Now I don’t care for hip hop and don’t have any love for Diddy or Jay Z but I think it’s only fair to give these two props and say they are savvy businessmen, so I don’t agree they don’t have the right to pursue such a venture.

BUT…. I do agree, the obstacles that would surely be put up by the league could very well be insurmountable.

Damn Sam Jerry Oz… In spite of what this meant for us I actually stayed neutral but next week...come what may... I'm Carolina all the way!!!! LOL

...and yes, I’m on pins and needles right now. Not to mention running low on dirty martini’s.

Damn Jerry you guys got handled, you couldn't help us out and give us a shot at the division... And Freeman showed why he's the most overpaid and non-clutch RB in the league right now. Better hope you don't get knocked out by us next week...

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I have to agree that Diddy alone doesn’t have then money to pull it off but if you were to add Jay Z into the equation [[and his wife) the money would definitely be there.

Now I don’t care for hip hop and don’t have any love for Diddy or Jay Z but I think it’s only fair to give these two props and say they are savvy businessmen, so I don’t agree they don’t have the right to pursue such a venture.

BUT…. I do agree, the obstacles that would surely be put up by the league could very well be insurmountable.

Damn Sam Jerry Oz… In spite of what this meant for us I actually stayed neutral but next week...come what may... I'm Carolina all the way!!!! LOL

...and yes, I’m on pins and needles right now. Not to mention running low on dirty martini’s.
    I hate to say it but it looks like y'all will be eliminated today... Wanted the Cowgals to make it over the Seaturkeys and 28-3's, but oh well...

I usually don't walk away from a game but I'm over this #%$, outta liquor and need a cig....still a Boyz Fan 4 LIFE but moving right along....Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry X-Mas and to all a goodnight!!!!!

How bout them cowboys...opps-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...and a merry x-mas to you too,pretty one.