[REMOVE ADS]

Page 38 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

You still have the Lizards to root for. Keep hope alive.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Thanks. I've been waiting for that team to show up this season.
    Falcons looked better. If you guys can beat the Hawks that'll be big. It's tough to measure the Dallas game when they were without 3 of their top 5 players [[LT Smith, Elliott, and Sean Lee for most of the game).

Not comparing the loss of players, but it's not like we didn't lose a Pro Bowl RB in the game. For that matter, our defense was a triage ward in the playoffs last year. Injuries and suspensions are an unfortunate and distasteful part of the game. To paraphrase the words of the immortal Donald Rumsfeld, you go to war with the army you have, but the one you wish you had.

With that said, I would have preferred all three of those guys to have been on the field. I hate seeing anybody, even opponents, miss games because of injury.

In one war movies, when a soldier falls the one behind steps up to help save the day....our second string didn't step up and that causes me concern.

This game [[Eagles) is going to be problematic in many ways but...it ain't over to the fat lady sings and stranger things have happened this season so.....GO COWBOYS!

Like Mike Tomlin says: it's next man up.
    See you at Heinz tonight.

thomas96 Guest
    Not comparing the loss of players, but it's not like we didn't lose a Pro Bowl RB in the game. For that matter, our defense was a triage ward in the playoffs last year. Injuries and suspensions are an unfortunate and distasteful part of the game. To paraphrase the words of the immortal Donald Rumsfeld, you go to war with the army you have, but the one you wish you had.

With that said, I would have preferred all three of those guys to have been on the field. I hate seeing anybody, even opponents, miss games because of injury.
    Freeman is overrated, not much dropoff to Coleman. They should not have paid Freeman, that was a big mistake. And while Zeke is important, Smith and Lee are two of the best players in the league at their position. Those two are the losses that should be stressed.

Yah, okay T. I'd suggest that [[s)Cam is overrated due to his inability to post consecutive winning seasons, but I'll leave the armchair general management to you. But as moe and ms_m stated, injuries are a part of the game. Did it matter to New England that Gronk got hurt last season? Yeah. But since they won, nobody cares. Consequently, had they lost, complaining about it would make it an excuse, not the reason. That's why game day squads have 47 players and not 22. You are as strong as you are with the weakest man on the field. Next man up. "

That's why you didn't hear me moan about Alex Mack playing the Super Bowl with a broken leg or about Ryan Schraeder being knocked out of the game. Nobody cares about who didn't play because the only thing that matters is who wins or loses. Again, I'd prefer to play them at full strength, but that goes for us as well as for them. We could play the "yeah, but..." game for many reasons.

thomas96 Guest
    Yah, okay T. I'd suggest that [[s)Cam is overrated due to his inability to post consecutive winning seasons, but I'll leave the armchair general management to you. But as moe and ms_m stated, injuries are a part of the game. Did it matter to New England that Gronk got hurt last season? Yeah. But since they won, nobody cares. Consequently, had they lost, complaining about it would make it an excuse, not the reason. That's why game day squads have 47 players and not 22. You are as strong as you are with the weakest man on the field. Next man up. "

That's why you didn't hear me moan about Alex Mack playing the Super Bowl with a broken leg or about Ryan Schraeder being knocked out of the game. Nobody cares about who didn't play because the only thing that matters is who wins or loses. Again, I'd prefer to play them at full strength, but that goes for us as well as for them. We could play the "yeah, but..." game for many reasons.
    We're not just talking about "win or lose" here. We're trying to analyze how good teams really are. And when you play a team that has an abnormal amount of impact injuries and suspension that has a huge impact on the game that cannot be ignored when trying to analyze the teams playing the game. It's not an excuse but the reality of the situation and it's all factored in when judging the performance.

All teams are impacted by injury coming out of training camp and beyond. It is a secondary or tertiary discussion when talking about game results in most situations. Miami is stinking up the joint after losing Tannehill, who played much better than Jay Cutler. Is that why they aren't competitive? No doubt, the Cowboys missed their guys. C'est la vie.

We aren't even disagreeing with each other, so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. Good discussion.

thomas96 Guest
    All teams are impacted by injury coming out of training camp and beyond. It is a secondary or tertiary discussion when talking about game results in most situations. Miami is stinking up the joint after losing Tannehill, who played much better than Jay Cutler. Is that why they aren't competitive? No doubt, the Cowboys missed their guys. C'est la vie.

We aren't even disagreeing with each other, so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. Good discussion.
    You think I would hang my hat on that Miami win! LOL the Ravens blew them out worse than we did and they suck too.

Last night at Heinz Antonio Brown's "helmet catch" brought back memories of that catch by David Tyree. A brilliant case of windburn
    [[courtesy of 3 Rivers swirling wind) was worth the price of admission
    to witness that!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

WELL I'M GONNA GO WAAAAAAAAAAAAY OUT ON A LIMB AGAIN..YEP I GOT THE DUMBSKINS OVER THE SAINTS[somehow we overcome on defense and win a close one]..THE EAGLES ARE GONNA FLY HIGH AND PLUCK THOSE STARS OFF OF THE HEADS OF THE BOYZ[HI MS M].

That's just chit-chit-chatter, Amigo. Please tell me that you're picking the Seehags over the Falcons on Monday night. You're batting 1.000 so far and I need your lack of confidence to help me calm my nerves.

thomas96 Guest
    That's just chit-chit-chatter, Amigo. Please tell me that you're picking the Seehags over the Falcons on Monday night. You're batting 1.000 so far and I need your lack of confidence to help me calm my nerves.
    Sorry pal but without Sherman and Chancellor and Thomas hurt as well I don't see the Seahawks winning.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    WELL I'M GONNA GO WAAAAAAAAAAAAY OUT ON A LIMB AGAIN..YEP I GOT THE DUMBSKINS OVER THE SAINTS[somehow we overcome on defense and win a close one]..THE EAGLES ARE GONNA FLY HIGH AND PLUCK THOSE STARS OFF OF THE HEADS OF THE BOYZ[HI MS M].
    That would be lovely if the Redskins can beat the Aints.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Sorry pal but without Sherman and Chancellor and Thomas hurt as well I don't see the Seahawks winning.
    Shhhh... I need Jai to guarantee a Falcons loss before I can place the bet. It's part of my system.

It's been a busy week which culminating into an exceptional Women's Day at my church.

...and hello to you too Jai.

I ALWAYS go into a game with hope and tonight will not be any different.

GO COWBOYS!

Great game Moe! I actually stayed up and watched the entire game. Were you there? I was looking for ya!

I got this for ya Jai.
    &%^$%^$@^&*[[)*^*&%$#^@&^%$R&*%$^%$E&*^%Redskins !

Oh yes, Ms M I was front & center at Heinz Field!!
    AB's helmet catch reminded me of David Tyree's catch in the Super Bowl.
    I have to second your post [[for R&B)....

hahahaha
    ....here we go Moe. Do or die!
    Name:  finish fight.jpg
Views: 2381
Size:  27.8 KB

The only thing that made me smile was that the boyz went down[i told you ms m]now back to my misery..those-goodfornothingnodefenseplayingcan'ttacklecan'tcove ranybodygrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr#@$$@##@!@!!!%%^$&& ???[[[[*&^%%$%$##@#@@@..i mean give me a friggin break can anybody on that team play defense with a fifteen point lead with less than seven minutes left,grrrrrrrrrrr..why do i still follow these scrubs-whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????? I'm moving to the mountains of tibet and bury my head in the rocks..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr???....o k i'm better,now as for your team jerry guess what,i'm picking you to win tonight,the seahawks are not what they were and are ripe for a loss..go get em falcons,yeah!!!
    Last edited by arr&bee; 11-20-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: SPELLING

I ask for one little thing. Just one. And you do me like that? Dude, I thought we were tight...

Falcons win tonight, Jerry

Yep we sucked. Glad that made you happy Jai...although....your guys gave up a 15 pt lead....I'm just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomas96 Guest
    Falcons about to blow another two score lead?

thomas96 Guest
    Wow Jerry they didn't blow the game this time!

Yah, but dang if we didn't try. On to Tampa Bay.

What did I tell you Jerry?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    i ask for one little thing. Just one. And you do me like that? Dude, i thought we were tight...
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,falcons all the way,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Now back to my misery...if that star struck team owner would hire a real g-e-n-e-r-a-l m-a-n-a-g-e-r,instead of kissing up to the son of the former coach who ain't nothin but a ribbon cutter maybe just maybe we could draft some defensive players and actually sign our qb before he goes somewhere else and gets a ring,season over so it don't matter,hell next season over too...i'm pouring me a stronger drink who's with me...ms m???

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    What did I tell you Jerry?
    It's always pins and needles for Falcons fans. I swallow blood pressure medication like M&Ms during football season.

And you don't think we all do? Ms M has stars on her BP pills, R&B's has feathers on his, & my pills are black & gold.
    Seriously, Falcons are playing well. Seahawks down the tubes!

Nah. Y'all might have a thumbtack or two. But you have big enough booties over the past 40 years that you can't feel them like I do. On the flip side, we now hold the tie breaker over the Seehags and the Boyz. Our test comes in facing our division rivals five of the last six weeks of the season [[and the surging Vikings in two weeks). If we get there, it's because we deserve it. If we don't, well that's what happens when you blow the games that you should win [[Buffalo, Miami [[yikes!), and Carolina). Defense is cresting right now with the exception of literally the worst defensive drive I've seen in the past five years. Pins. And needles.

DON'T JIVE US MOE,YOUR STEELERS ARE ON THE GOLD TRAIN TO A MEETING WITH THE PATS FOR THE AFC,WHO'S GONNA STOP EM?..NOW AS FOR ME,I'M BECOMING AN ALCOHOLIC WITH THIS TEAM OVER HERE..[Um Jai,you're already an alcoholic]..SHUTTUP VOICE,I'M SUFFERING OVER HERE!!

i'm
    pouring me a stronger drink who's with me...ms m???
    Happy Thanksgiving err body!

I feel like a stuffed pig but my dirty martini[[s) are ready and so are my BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you frigging kidding me????????????????

!#@!$#@^%$ but I'll take the...
    Name:  1td.jpg
Views: 2312
Size:  18.7 KB

I love my Boyz but damn they suck [[right now)....

See you guys later.

Wow. Didn't see San Diego to be much competition to Dallas on Thanksgiving but they brought their A game. Boyz need to regroup if they're going to see the second season.

Don't know about San Diego but LA is kicking our butts... however, I'm glad to see you back watching the game!!!!!

Everybody's a wise ass these days... It's going to be a couple of years before I remember to say "LA Chargers". LOL.

And I was only watching it because my Dad still is a fan and I are dinner with the folks today. With that said, the guy who I'm matched against in fantasy football this week started...

[[Wait for it...)

Philip Freaking Rivers and thanks to Dallas' defense, I've already lost before Sunday.
    No disrespect intended but dude went off for 41 points in that game.

I'm only watching Atlanta these days and if they miss the playoffs, I might not watch them. My big brother called from Las Vegas and basically called me an idiot for letting people get in my head about watching the games, but I remain undeterred. Thank God It's college basketball season. By the way, I was and remain let down with the level of play in Atlanta this season, we played like crap for eight weeks and it may be too late to do anything about it.

But I refuse to believe that the loss of one player was that crucial to how your team performed in the past three weeks. There is something going on that we can't see from outside of their locker room. The season can be saved but the leaders have to lead starting tonight if it's going to happen. Something similar got us two years ago [[6 losses straight in the second half of the season and we were nowhere near as good as Dallas, with or without Zeke.

I agree with your brother!

Personally I think Sean Lee's absence is more of a problem than Zeke.
    Dak played scared and didn't really utilize Bryant and Witten.
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-24-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Who would've thought the Chargers??????
    Sorry Ms M.......but you said it right above!

WELL,WELL,WELL THE BLIND DOG FOUND ANOTHER BONE,THAT GAME WAS BUTT UGLY BETWEEN TOW BLIND DOGS BUMPING INTO EACH OTHER TIL ONE GOT THE BONE[20-10]I'LL TAKE IT...HI MS M[WIT YO FINE SELF]IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN FOR US TO RENEW OUR LITTLE RIVELRY I'LL CALL IT-THE HOPE BOWL,THE WINNER HOPES THEY WILL GET A PLAYOFF SPOT WHEN IN REALITY IT WOULD TAKE A COLLAPSE OF MONUMENTAL PREPORTIONS-THINK [BERLIN WALL COMING DOWN-THE CRASH OF[29]NOW IF WE GO IN THERE PLAYING THE WAY WE PLAYED THE GIANTS,DALLAS WILL CRUSH US[I'm a fan but a realist too]YOU ALL GOT HOME FIELD,HEALTH, INCENTIVE...BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES...I'M GONNA CALL THIS ONE EARLY[DON'T LAUGH TOO HARD MY SWEET]IN A HIGH SCORING GAME WITH BOTH TEAMS MOVING AT WILL YOUR QB WILL THROW A PICK AND WE KICK A FIELD GOAL AND CRAWL OUT OF THERE WITH A-34-31]WIN...WE'LL TALK,SMOOCHES!!

**Welp** Just saw that John Wall is out for a couple of weeks. Tough blow for the Lizards. And I feel your pain because Ben Simmons is out tonight for the Sixers. As stated before, it's a part of the game.

Yipes,no wall,we're dead in the water,the gizzards couldn't beat howard university without john wall...and everybody beats howard...sigh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yipes,no wall,we're dead in the water,the gizzards couldn't beat howard university without john wall...and everybody beats howard...sigh!!!!!
    And right on cue, they blew a 10 point lead at the end of the third to lose by three to Portland tonight. Something tells me that they'll be alright, though.

No they won't,minnesota-detroit-philly comin up,we in trouble!!

We'll see. Wall is your best player but not your only good one. Beal and Porter are both capable of winning games while he's out.

You pulled it outta the fire Birds...congrats Jerry Oz.