[REMOVE ADS]

Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 39 79 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Yes. Extremely sad news about a uniquely principled man. The stories being told about him are wonderful and I hope his legacy will endure. My prayers are with him, his family and his loved ones.

You are so right, Jerry. He would hang around various parts of Three Rivers & Heinz Stadiums & just talk with everyone.
    There will never be another one like him...sniff!

Tough week,the tragic passing of,Isaiah Thomas sister in a car accident...just a heartbreaking thing.

It puts things in perspective.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the Squawks battle the Lizards to a 48-45 halftime score. Washington's not playing their best game yet.

Hey jerry the gizzards put the smacketh down on the little birds from atlanta,with big bad milsap whining like a punk...this will be over quickly.

Hey i got a question for my fellow sports fans,what's with these owners today wanting a new stadium after only twenty years??? Talk about a bunch of spoiled billionaires,these clowns expect the public to finance most of these things just for the priviledge of paying overpriced ticket prices to see underperforming players lose and not even care...and we let em get away with it...that's messed up!!

Yep. But as long as there's another city willing to pay for the stadium and essentially charge the teams nothing to use them, cities will continue to be held hostage. The Georgia Dome was barely 20 years old and only five years removed from a $400 million renovation when the Falcons demanded and got a new state of the art stadium from the city.

The crazy part is that the owner was going to finance it himself outside of the county but the city didn't want to lose the revenue from the downtown area. Oh well, at least the food prices are going to be the lowest in the league so families can afford to feed their kids if they can afford tickets.

Do you have any idea how long it's going to take for me to get used to saying "Los Angeles Chargers"? Or worse yet, the "Las Vegas Raiders"?

Oh, and it looks like my favorite Cowgirl and I might be at odds on the first Sunday night of the season:
    Possible Falcons-Cowboys Sunday night opener has nice ring to it

9:57 AM ET

• Vaughn McClureESPN Staff Writer

The much-anticipated release of the 2017 schedule is expected to occur on Thursday, as Detroit Lions president Rod Wood revealed.
    There are certain to be leaks regarding marquee games. The Boston Globe dropped one over the weekend when it reported the Atlanta Falcons are likely to host the Sunday Night Football opener in the new, $1.53 billion Mercedes-Benz Stadium, since a Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl LI rematch is unlikely to be the Thursday night game to kick off the season.

If the report is accurate, then Falcons fans should be in for quite a treat coming off a Super Bowl disappointment. And an opponent such as the Dallas Cowboys or New Orleans Saints would make it that much sweeter.

From a national audience perspective, a Falcons-Cowboys showdown makes perfect sense. You would have the reigning MVP Matt Ryan facing Dak Prescott in Prescott's first game out of Tony Romo's shadow. You'd have the battle of 1,000-yard rushers in Ezekiel Elliott and Devonta Freeman. And you'd have two top receivers in Julio Jones and Dez Bryant. Not to mention a couple of rather visible owners in Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank.

The Cowboys always have appeal as "America's Team," while the NFL no doubts wants to showcase Atlanta's new stadium, provided no more serious construction delays occur between now and the regular-season opener.

The Falcons have opened at home the last three seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers coming to town last year, the Philadelphia Eagles visiting for Monday Night Football in 2015, and the Saints marching in to start 2014.

Of course, Falcons fans would love to see the NFC South rival Saints in the first game at the new stadium. It would make for quite an atmosphere, with the Falcons-Saints games always a heightened level of spirited competition.
    The Falcons other home opponents include Tampa Bay, Carolina, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo, and Miami.

Last year, the NFL kicked off the season with a Thursday night Super Bowl rematch between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers. Last year's Sunday Night opener was the New England Patriots against the Arizona Cardinals.
    By the way, the Falcons and Cowboys last meet during Week 3 of the 2015 season. The Falcons won that game, 39-28, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-fal...ice-ring-to-it

It was cute watching the grizzlies coach whining the other night,he knows they don't stand a chance.

He had a point and a right to be pissed. Kawhi Leonard shot more free throws than his entire team in that game. A foul is a foul, regardless of who commits it or who it was against. When one team is able to play physical defense and the other is consistently called for touch fouls, it's an incredible competitive advantage.

Can't wait....

SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First things first... The draft is next week. My guys need to either draft a starting right guard and a right defensive edge rusher. Your guys need to replace 75% of your secondary and find a backup to Dak. Not a lot for either team to fix in the next three months.

The Skins? I think they might need to draft a chaplain with their first round pick...

I saw Jerry Jones at Dan Rooney's funeral.

The Skins? I think they might need to draft a chaplain with their first round pick...
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo did you attend the funeral? Did you see our former President as well?

Who cares about the nfl draft???it's the playoffs baby...nba playoffs,and i don't think that jerra has a team in it.

No, but I have two [[count 'em, TWO) in the lottery. LOL.

Maybe I should stick to college basketball and the NFL...

President Obama came in with Eric Holder. I think being a former President has done wonders for him. He looked great!

I'VE WANTED TO BE A[ FORMER],BUT THEY KICKED ME OUT...[i never have any fun].

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Who cares about the nfl draft???it's the playoffs baby...nba playoffs,and i don't think that jerra has a team in it.
    Carolina won so I'm done with basketball but if the Wizards continue to float your boat....GO FOR IT. I understand why you would need some joy for ANY of your DC teams. I ain't even mad at cha.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Carolina won so I'm done with basketball but if the Wizards continue to float your boat....GO FOR IT. I understand why you would need some joy for ANY of your DC teams. I ain't even mad at cha.

The man said

2017 National Champions!!!!!!!

I'm still reeling after the tournament. I might prefer five straight blowouts while I'm watching the games, but dang if four of them being nail biters isn't more satisfying when you come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    carolina won so i'm done with basketball but if the wizards continue to float your boat....go for it. I understand why you would need some joy for any of your dc teams. I ain't even mad at cha.
    haaaaaaaa...hi beautiful,you're as right as you are fine...i need all the cheering up i can get for my cursed d.c.teams...skins[no playoffs]-wizards [might go out in first round]-nationals[always lose in first round]...if any of my home teams get past the second round i'll stop drinking and move to tibet for a day!!

haaaaaaaa...hi beautiful,you're as right as you are fine...i need all the cheering up i can get for my cursed d.c.teams...skins[no playoffs]-wizards [might go out in first round]-nationals[always lose in first round]...if any of my home teams get past the second round i'll stop drinking and move to tibet for a day!!
    What do you think about Patrick Ewing's homecoming as head coach of Georgetown? Any reasons for optimism? He's not experienced as a recruiter but he has plenty as an assistant coach in the NBA.

An entire day without a drink? Wow, that's a heck of a sacrifice but a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do!

Don't read too much into it. He'll need a shot if one of his teams DOES advance. If necessary, he'll snort it if he doesn't drink it. There's always an angle.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....wel l i might need a little something...it gets cold in tibet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    what do you think about patrick ewing's homecoming as head coach of georgetown? Any reasons for optimism? He's not experienced as a recruiter but he has plenty as an assistant coach in the nba.
    there hasn't been optimism at georgetown since big john left,but i wish patrick well.

Well,those gizzards are gonna take on the leps from boston...hey who threw those four leaf clovers in here?.....jerry!!!!!

LOL. Don't worry, as a Sixers fan , there's little that I dislike in the NBA more than the Boston Celtics.

Sorry jerry,duufuss collected em for a girl he likes...[he needs all the luck he can get]on the serious side,those darned gizzards blew a golden opportunity and may have blown this series[they better win tomorrow]arrrrggghhhhhhh!!!

Yah, the sooner they can claim home court advantage, the better. They got off to a great start but ran out of gas halfway into the third quarter.

THEY WILL NOT GUARD THE THREE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES,AND NOBODY ON THE BENCH EXCEPT OUBREY CAN PLAY DEFENSE,IF WE LOSE TOMORROW THIS THING IS OVER,AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG HHHHH...goodfornothingnodefenseplayingnobenchhavin gbums,aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

OOPS AND OH WELL.....Dress warm in Tibet my dear friend!

Washington Wizards - 119
    Boston Celtics - 129
    Final in OT

Only the no-luck no defense playing gizzards would get dominated by a 3 ft 9 jump shooting leprechaun who also wears the number 4[as in 4 leaf clover]shooting rainbows of golden threes down on their sorry heads,why...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

The plot thickens... The Irishmen got run out of Dodge City and treated like red headed stepkids tonight. Let's see it happen again on Saturday.

FINALLY,FINALLY,BUT I CAN'T TRUST DEM GIZZARDS,YEAH THEY LOOKED LIKE A NBA TEAM LAST NIGHT BUT MIGHT PLAY LIKE THE TENTH STREET BOYS CLUB NEXT GAME...[i got Tibet on speed dial].

Well we know who the networks want in the finals don't we?...the kid gets suspended which is overkill,the goon almost took his head off...i guess wherever he is ol red lit up a cigar and smiled!!

As I type, the Wizards lead by 18 points. Red might want to put out the cigar and pour himself a shot of Irish whiskey.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...go wiz??

Hey jerry,i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if[big if]the gizzards get past the leps in boston this series is over...[the leps luck will run out in game six]!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, Cowboy. It's hard to beat a good team four games in a row. And if they beat them in game 5, all bets are off for game 6.

Oh well,i got hooch on intravenous and my bag is packed for tibet...just in case!!!

Not that it helps, but I'll be a Wiz fan tonight. Maybe not if they advance to the conference finals, though.

See what i mean jerry,those..@#$$%^%%#@@@@!**&[[)**&^???$$#@@@!@!!! ??? Can't be trusted if the wizard of oz gave em brains they would be too stupid to use em,darn gizzard buzzards and i'm being disrespectful to all the buzzards of the world by putting these bums in the same sentence,how in the feff you see kay could they play like that just nincumpooks as moe howard used to say...aggghhhhhgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!

Let's see how they play with their backs up against the wall. I turned the last game off because they didn't even look like they wanted to be there. Hopefully, they'll have more pride tonight.

But after what happened in Houston, I don't know if "pride" is something that NBA players have in abundance.

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW,THE GIZZARDS ACTUALLY PULLED IT OUT ON A JOHN WALL SHOT BLESS HIS HEART,BUT WE'VE SEEN THIS TRAGEDY BEFORE HAVE'N'T WE? THEY GET US ALL WORKED UP AND THEN AND THEN AND THEN????AND THEN THE BUMS GO UP THERE AND LAY AN EGG..AAGGGGHHHHHHH,good for nothin no bench havin frasagratinrottenoaccount...!@@#@##$%^%%%&*&&[[)&&^ %$##@#!@!@@@####$$#@#$%%aggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Yeah, the Smelltics were real funny, rolling off the bus dressed for a funeral and all. No surprise that it motivated your guys. But man, y'all HAVE to win a game on the road.

By the way, I love that your boys were down by two and went for the win instead of a tie. I bet Wall plays his butt off in game 7. His confidence should be sky high.

THANKS JERRY,I'M GONNA POUR A SHOT FOR YOU TONIGHT...[and since you aren't actually here,I'll drink it in your honor,hehe]I SHOULDN'T SAY THIS,BUT I DO THINK THE WIZARDS WILL WIN IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THE DAMN LAW OF AVERAGES,HECK THEY GOTTA WIN ONE UP THERE AT SOME POINT SO WHY NOT TONIGHT,BUT OTTO PORTER HAS GOT TO SHOW UP AND SO DOES JENNINGS...SO I'M GOING DOWN SWINGING OR SWIGGING-WIZARDS 101-CELTICS 99 IN A NAILBITER!!