[REMOVE ADS]

Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 126 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,800 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

And Daniel Snyder accepted an offer for the Washington Commanders from the Josh Harris group.

Happy days are here again, my liver and eyes are almost clear again, i'll drink a toast and cheer again, happy days are here again......[i hope]!!

And Magic Johnson is in that Josh Harris group!!

Finally some class, i got so much faith that i'm saying now that the commanders will be in the playoffs-the talent is there and the kid[sam howell]is gonna surprise alot of folks..yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Uh-oh... Just checked and found out the Falcons are playing the Commoners in week 6 and the Dolphins play y'all in week 13. No disrespect, but I hope you lose in weeks 6 and 13. By a whole lot. By so many points that Magic tries to buy a stake in Atlanta and Miami. Sheesh. We're still three months away from the pre-season.

I have to take a look at who is included in that group headed by Josh Harris [besides Magic].

I was watching some of the Steelers rookie mini camp. Man, Broderick Jones & Darnell Washington stand HIGH ABOVE every coach!! With 3 tight ends already [[Friermuth, Gentry & Connor Hayward] it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm excited for both of my teams' drafts. Miami only had four picks but seem to have gotten at least two guys who will have a major role, another who might develop into something special and a seventh rounder who has a solid opportunity to show he can play behind the starters.

The Falcons got Bijan Robinson, who will be a stud. They also selected a guy who might make a top-5 offensive line even better. In the fourth, they picked a cornerback who many thought was a first-round talent. Things are looking up for both of my teams.

The one particular person that I'm curious about is how Will Levis [Titans] will perform.
    Some thought he would go first round, but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    uh-oh... Just checked and found out the falcons are playing the commoners in week 6 and the dolphins play y'all in week 13. No disrespect, but i hope you lose in weeks 6 and 13. By a whole lot. By so many points that magic tries to buy a stake in atlanta and miami. Sheesh. We're still three months away from the pre-season.
    haaaaaaaaaaaa...jerry i'm feelin my oats and going out on that limb, we gonna beat both of em, i ain't too worried about them dirty burds, but fish can be slippery...we'll see!!!

I might have to throw off the gloves before those match ups. Don't hate me for it.

The Steelers resigned QB Mason Rudolph for 1 year. As much as I want to puke I understand why they probably did it. And, if 1 of those rookie QB's performs better than he does he may be gone.

That's funny. A week ago, my brother was just laughing at how he was still available. I'm bowling with him tomorrow, so I'll get to see how happy he is with the resigning.

Okay, now Mitchell Trubisky has been re-upped for two seasons. Steelers are apparently planning on keeping three QBs this season.

Steelers give Mitch Trubisky two-year extension, QB now under contract for three more years, per reportTrubisky could serve as Pittsburgh's long-term No. 2 QB

By Bryan DeArdo

A year ago, Mitch Trubisky signed with the Steelers with the hopes of being the team's new starting quarterback. While that dream quickly ended, it appears the veteran has found a long-term NFL home in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers agreed to a two-year extension with Trubisky on Thursday, according to NFL Media, that will be added to the one year remaining on his current deal. Trubisky is now under contract for three years, $19.4 million. He can reportedly earn up to $33 million over the length of his contract. This extension also reportedly lowers Trubisky's cap number for 2023.

Making an appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" Thursday, Steelers GM Omar Khan confirmed the team was finishing up an extension for Trubisky, who was entering the final year of a two-year deal with $14.285 million. This news came shortly after the team re-signed Mason Rudolph, who served as Pittsburgh's third string quarterback last season.

"We feel good about our quarterback room, so that was an important piece," Khan said. "We've obviously got Kenny Pickett as our starter. We feel really good about Mitch Trubisky and the role he's in, and he feels good about it. And we've added Mason Rudolph, so we're really excited about our QB room"

The No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Trubisky enjoyed a successful start to his NFL career that included a Pro Bowl nod in 2018. Things went south starting in 2019, however, as Trubisky and the Bears failed to live up to weighty expectations after winning 13 games during Trubisky's Pro Bowl season. Trubisky, despite helping the Bears reach the playoffs in 2020, signed with Buffalo in 2021 and spent that season as Josh Allen's backup.

Trubisky started the 2022 season as the Steelers' starting quarterback, but lost his job to then-rookie Kenny Pickett midway through Pittsburgh's fourth game. Trubisky, who seemed to be too passive during his time as the Steelers' starting quarterback, played noticeably looser whenever he was called in to play for the remainder of the season. He made several big throws in Week 6 to help the Steelers close out the Buccaneers. In Week 14, with Pickett out with a head injury, Trubisky completed all but five of his 22 attempts in helping the Steelers defeat the Panthers.

While his role on the team may not be as significant as it once was, Trubisky, 29, is a valued member of the Steelers' roster. He was voted by his teammates as a captain before the start of last season, a title he takes seriously.

"Being voted a team captain is just a huge honor," Trubisky told CBS Sports during the 20222 season. "No matter what happens, whether I'm playing or not, I just continue wearing that badge of honor. Just coming in here and continuing to be a great teammate and leader. That was a huge thing that they did, electing me a captain, so I just want to live up to that every day that I can."
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...rs-per-report/

No surprise about the Trubisky extension & the Steelers wanting to keep 3 QB's.
    But what did your brother say about the signing of Rudolph?

Hey moe, if then steelers are losing, maybe rudolph can do one of his..duck calls? And distract em, hehehheeheehe!!!

Rudolph isn't the one who does the duck calls, R&B. It was Devlin "Duck" Hodges, a previous QB. I think you're hanging out with Grady too much.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....opps!!!

On a sad note, football legend[jim brown passed yesterday] at 87, considered the greatest running back in league history, some of his records still stand, and mr.brown was also a civil rights ativist and actor...r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    No surprise about the Trubisky extension & the Steelers wanting to keep 3 QB's.
    But what did your brother say about the signing of Rudolph?
    He rolled his eyes and made a grumbly face. He said he wasn't shocked but made sure to point out that there's a reason why he was still available for this long. He was also not surprised that you're carrying three QBs. He was a lot happier with keeping Trubisky than resigning Rudolph.

Jim Brown had such a complicated legacy. My dad was a huge Browns fan, so of course he used to love him. He found himself on the outside looking in as other sports stars like Muhammad Ali, Arthur Ashe, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and others were more proactive in their approach to civil rights and took risks that potentially could have derailed their athletic careers. Brown was seen as a voice with much less influence. To me, he was complicated.

He said the right things for the most part, but he had one foot in and another out as far as I was concerned. He lost me forever when he criticized Colin Kaepernick for taking a stance, so I wasn't surprised to see him in Trump Tower, kissing the Devil's ring later.

Of course, he had issues with domestic violence and that tarnished his image even more. It's too bad. I remember watching The Dirty Dozen every time it came on the CBS Friday Night Movies and always hoping Smokey would make it before he got chopped down by machine guns while trying to escape. Broke my heart every single time, even though I knew it was coming.

With all of that being said, I was sad to hear about his passing. We lost Bill Russell, Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, and Jim Brown in the past year. I know we lose folks as we are blessed to grow older, but seeing legends pass is sobering.

So right jerry, this is why we have to cherish the legends left to us,we may not agree with their politics but what they gave to us with their talents is what counts in the end.

I couldn't agree more, R&B!!!

Much respect to Jim Brown & RIP......the best to ever do it.

Here's the scene. Little 8-year old me was heartbroken. Just like little 9-year old me. Little 10, 11, 12 [and now, 60] year old me hated watching it, too.

Jerry, my husband & I were talking about this very scene yesterday, as well as Ice Station Zebra.

Hey jerry...how bout that playoff game last night[i hope you saw it] a put back at the buzzer[the heat are in trouble]the celtics were dead in the water and the heat threw em a life raft...history will be made monday night, unless jimmy butler scores[fifty]!!

Yeah, I saw it. I want the Heat to win and thought they had it in the bag. Next to the Sixers, I'm a big Nuggets fan. I've liked them since the ABA days when David Thompson was my first favorite player [like Paul Warfield was my first favorite NFL player]. There's been a lot of heartache in those 40+ years and I'm glad to finally seen them in the Finals. Really hoping that the Heat and Cs will wear each other out before the Finals begin.

By the way, I see Ted finally went outside the building to hire a GM for the Quizards. Let's see how it works.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...ain't nothin gonna help dem bums...til they actually get serious and dump[bradley beal] then again these are the gizzards we're talking about...not like it's a real team[sigh!!]jerry....greasy grady will go legit before the gizzards see a[eastern finals game]..go nuggets!!

Trade Beal to Philly.

Please.

Vikings are expected to cut Dalvin Cook this week. There's widespread speculation that he wants to play in Miami but nobody knows if they're interested. They should be. Adding him would give the Dolphins the most dynamic offensive set of playmakers in the league.

trade beal to philly.

Please.
    haaaaaaaaa...be very careful of what you wish for!!!!!!

Bradley Beal to Phoenix for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet and a handful of Popeye's coupons. The Quiz are officially in rebuild mode.

And guess what.....i love it, maybe just maybe ted got tired of being a laughing stock, i' m all in for the rebuild...tank,tank,tank for the next two years and draft wisely this time and maybe just maybe this cursed team will break it's forty five year curse and rejoin the living...tank,tank,tank!!!

And right on cue, Kyle Kuzma opts out of his contract. I've been through the Process and it was brutal. It would have worked if the NBA didn't force Philly to fire its GM and bring in idiots who blew it up within two seasons. Philly committed the sin of openly discussing it, unlike what Oklahoma City and Houston, who are currently doing the same thing with no publicity.

If I was a Quiz fan, I probably wouldn't be bothered except that I'm getting old and who knows if I'll be around to enjoy the end results?

......And guns are a popular accessory lately in the NBA & NFL......SMH

You can't fix stupid, Moe. I was telling my wife that I was less let down by Ja Morant's ridiculous antics with firearms than I was with the fact that he wants to be seen as a thug by young people, yet couldn't come clean about it after his first incident. The knuckleheads I see who apparently influenced him tend to be unapologetic and don't care a bit about consequences. But this young fool seems to care about consequences, but not to the point that he'll modify his actions which have caused them.

The media's not talking much about [at least] three incidents in Memphis where either he or his band of merry men have either pulled weapons or physically assaulted people. He's out of control and that's too bad. He was on track to become a billionaire before he is 35 years old and now, there's legitimate concern about whether he'll even collect his salary, let alone hundreds of millions in endorsement dollars. I hope he turns this around.

And it sounds like they're ready to throw the book at Patriots cornerback Jack Jones. I'll be surprised if it's not pleaded down because every year, they catch hundreds of people with guns and they seldom get jail time. Maybe they should, if the government wants to actually prevent it in the future.

It's about time they should. I cannot remember the city [on Twitter].........Juneteenth
    celebration, 2 girls start fighting, the group erupts, someone [as plain as day viewed] pulls a gun. What are we coming to?

And speaking of sports: last night I went to a documentary called "The Last Rider." It's about Greg LeMond, his struggles with sexual abuse & a freak hunting accident that kept him out of the Tour De France in 1987 & 1988 [after winning it in 1986] & his comeback in 1989 & 1990. LeMond, his wife & family was at the showing & gave a Q&A after the film. He [LeMond] truly had an incredible support system to get him through everything.

Sounds good. Life happens in 3D. When we watch sports on TV, we fail to consider that literally every person in the stadium or arena has a human story that brought him or her to be there that day. In some cases, they overcame a lot just to sit in the stands, let alone perform on the field.

And just like that, the Quizards send Chris Paul to the Warriors for Jordan Poole and more picks. A day after trading Porzingis to Boston. Shelf is gonna be awfully bare next season, Jai. Better get the old Wes Unseld/Bobby Dandridge tapes out of storage to keep you interested for the next year or so.

Hey jerry, you're talkin to an old [bulletts- wizards]fan here...and i been suffering a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time[hehe]so as i said, i'm more than ready for the[rebuild]i just pray that they don't mess it up again, because like you i ain't got that many decades left to wait...so i'm gonna go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb and call em by their name[wizards]which i hate but they ain't changing it so i'm stuck with it.....but if they by some miracle start to actually turn it around in two years, nobody will be worried about the dumb name....we'll see !!!

I hear you, bruh. Now, after the NBA draft, we have six weeks of dead space before NFL training camps. At least the NBA summer league will keep me from unplugging the TV and it starts in a couple of weeks.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i'll just watch dumb netflix movies til nfl season starts, and jerry my brother i can't wait for the nba season and my wizards losing by forty every night, and piling those picks[hehehehe]tank-tank-tank!!!!!!!

Kyle Kuzma is returning. They must have shown him their plans for the rebuild and he's signing on for it. That should be very encouraging to Quizard fans.

How bout the 4 NFL players suspended for gambling?

kyle kuzma is returning. They must have shown him their plans for the rebuild and he's signing on for it. That should be very encouraging to quizard fans.
    ?????? He is???? I didn't know this, he might mess up our plans...his shooting might win us some games that we should lose, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....we're in tank mood tank,tank,tank!!!

Moe the nfl is full of itself, yes those players were stupid, but don't they have teams in vegas the gambling capital??? Put a bull in a china shop and tell him not to break anything!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    How bout the 4 NFL players suspended for gambling?
    I'm not surprised. It's so stupid because they don't need to get rich from it, so putting a salary that pays millions at risk over casual and inconsequential bets makes no sense. You'd think that after Calvin Ridley was suspended for a full season, the rest of them would learn from it.

Expect to see even more suspensions over the course of the season. Shame on the NFL for partnering with gambling websites, knowing that there will be perhaps millions of people who become addicted or lose personal fortunes as a result.

How hypocritical.......$$$ is always at the bottom with the NFL.

Well my sports gang[ms m come on in]nfl training camps are opening and i'm getting excited, i actually beleieve that the[commanders] will be pretty good[a playoff spot?] ok gang...let the season begin!!!