[REMOVE ADS]

Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 124 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,700 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Happy Valentines Day, mis amigas. I'm sending all the virtual flowers and candies that I have to send. 💘

And to you too, Jerry!! Hope you do something nice for the Missus!

So the coaching vacancies are being filled & once again Eric Bieniemy is left out in the cold!
    Why?

Some are speculating he's being held back due to a decades old domestic abuse charge. Hard to believe when Deshaun Watson and Greg Hardy were able to get second chances. Hopefully he takes over when Reid calls it a day.

Hey gang,grady is handing out heart shaped barf bags to the first ten people brave enough to try his new valentine's day surprise...[even grady doesn't know what's in it] bon apititete!!!

And the Steelers assistant head coach [John Mitchell] retires after 29 years.
    After that was announced Twitter blows up about the possibility of Eric B coming to Pittsburgh. Steeler's Twitter is just plain crazy.

They were discussing him last night on Fox Sports radio. Some are alleging a reluctance to hire him since Andy Reid actually calls the plays in Kansas City. Forget the fact that Reid has a coaching tree that includes Doug Pederson [Super Bowl winner with the Iggles], Pat Shurmur, Sean McDermott, Matt Nagy, John Harbaugh and many others who never called plays while working under him. Nobody's talking and there's pretty much nothing that can be done.

Like I said, I hope he gets the job with the Chiefs when Reid eventually walks off and into the Hall of Fame.

Commanders are interviewing benimy today, he might just take the gig too, because when the new owners take over he could replace revera next season.

Who's gonna be the new owners?

Moe, i'll have you in a real movie before they figure that out,hehehhehe!!

And how about this: Eric B is going to the Commanders as their OC!!!

I'm a little peeved that he had to take a lateral move. He's interviewed 16 times and seven of the coaches who were hired over him have already been fired including Urban Meyer and Nate Hackett. I'll bet at least two more will be fired before he gets a head coaching job.

Yep,same[ol boys club]did we expect anything else? I'm kinda surprised that he took the jobs, but it might be the right move if rivera retires after next season and the commanders are competitive, eric should be the logical choice, i think that with his tutulage we might see a[baby maholmes-aka sam howell]don't laugh just yet..hope springs eternal...i hope!!!

Howell's junior season was very good. He lost several excellent weapons and wasn't set up well to succeed as a senior. If you give him time, he'll be fine. You already have weapons for him.

Would have liked for Eric B to go somewhere else but if this work for him, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Would have liked for Eric B to go somewhere else but if this work for him, so be it.
    Hi Ms M,
    Maybe he just wanted to get out from under Reid's shadow & prove himself. If so, I wish him well.

Jeff Bezos wants to buy the Commanders? If anyone can afford the team, he could.

I hadn't heard that. Is he going to make fans pee in beverage cups if they need to use the bathroom while the game is being played? It'll be a show of solidarity for his workers.

NOT SO FAST ON OL JEFF, I'M COOL WITH IT BUT DANNY BOY AIN'T A FAN[ALL THAT BAD PRESS]SO HE MIGHT VETO THAT ONE...[rumor has it that Grady wanted to bid, but the World health department slammed the lid on it...too bad because Lilbits was gonna sing the National Anthem...no not that one, the one that goes...Oh say can you see the line at the emergency room!!]

And he did, R&B. No Bezos in the running.

This is really turning into a saga. Now Snyder wants the NFL to indemnify the sale.
    Any thoughts on this?

ESPN has an article reporting Snyder took out a $55 million on the team without the approval of three minority partners. Goodell and the NFL approved the team to take out the loan, but without the approval of the three partners, the loan constituted bank fraud. The partners took Snyder to arbitration and when the arbitrator reached out to the league, there was a closed door meeting after which the three partners agreed mediation with Goodell instead of binding arbitration. Afterward, they agreed to sell their 40% share of the team. They're alleging the league sided with Snyder, who is unavailable for comment.

Snyder is an absolute snake and Goodell is just as corrupt as he is.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...their-approval

Dolphins traded for Jalen Ramsey, which will be a huge move to shore up a bad defense. Tua got his 5th year option picked up [yay!!]. Meanwhile, Atlanta has nearly $70 million to spend in free agency starting on Wednesday. The NFL offseason is almost as interesting as the regular season.

I've been seeing every Best Picture nominee in the last 2 weeks that I've ignored what's going on in the NFL. I did see about Ramsey, then today I see where the Lions snagged Cam Sutton from the Steelers. Now the Steelers have signed 3 time all pro CB Patrick Peterson from the Vikings. It's not even Wednesday yet & everyone is wheelin' & dealin'.

The Lions are a team to be feared next season. They scored a lot on everybody last season and it took another team being cheated in the last season of the game for Detroit to miss the playoffs. They were a laughing stock two years ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won the NFC North next year.

I agree. Now Steelers retain Larry Ogunjobi [I figured they might]. He performed well for them. A 3 yr contract I believe. And Robert Spillane went to the Raiders [ILB].
    Last edited by moe; 03-15-2023 at 06:10 AM.

**Welp** Steelers stole Elandon Roberts from Miami. Not a true stud from a game-changing sense, but definitely a guy who pulls his weight on the field. He's one of those guys who doesn't get noticed much, but will make big plays in every game. I hate to say it, but he's going to fit in very well in your front seven either as a starter or frequent contributor. Good pickup for you, bad loss for us.

And Devin Bush has signed with Seattle. No surprise. He showed so much promise up until he tore his ACL. His path after that was questionable. I don't know what it was [the actual injury/recovery or the mental power that goes with recovery], but I wish him well.
    Where's Zeke Elliot going? Where are you, Ms M?

Bye zeke[hehehehe]....jerry, i too think that it's finally the lions time to rule[the nfc north]they can score in bunches and if they fix the defense oh boy watch out, as for the commanders i think the kid[howell]will be ok because he has a real[oc]to work with...it really pisses me off to hear these dumb fans on sports radio call in and say we should've gone after[jackson]hell no, oh just give him all that cash and have nothing left to build the[o-line]...the kid will be just fine, and we should make the playoffs!!

I hope Lamar gets what he deserves, but I understand why teams [like Atlanta] don't want to trade two first round picks for a player that they'll have to give a quarter of their salary caps to. He's pricing himself out of the market and teams think he'll be injured a lot. The Ravens should have worked something out with him by now, though.

Well good luck to em and lamar..but we ain't touchin it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I hope Lamar gets what he deserves, but I understand why teams [like Atlanta] don't want to trade two first round picks for a player that they'll have to give a quarter of their salary caps to. He's pricing himself out of the market and teams think he'll be injured a lot. The Ravens should have worked something out with him by now, though.
    Jerry, I agree with you. He thinks he's ahead having no agent. Maybe he's wrong. But teams already got his number [[good running, often injured, so so passer). But the Ravens can be stingy with the $$. I would like to see him get more because he is worth more than he's been offered. Also, is he worth the number that Watson got? Mahomes?

Watson was never MVP. Both won a playoff game. There's an unspoken concept in the NFL that every time a player sets a high mark on a contract, he "sets the market" for whomever follows. Unfortunately, no owner is going to follow Cleveland's blueprint and give somebody a quarter billion dollars guaranteed. Baltimore was smart to let the open market and the CBA determine Jackson's value, but if they use the CBA to offer him less than the Giants are giving Daniel Jones, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The only real problem Jackson is having because of self-representation is he cannot control the media narrative like an agent could. Last week, somebody tweeted he turned down a contract with $133 million guaranteed and he was quick to tell them they weren't even close to being correct. So somebody's trying to make him look greedy and putting bad information in the press.

Maybe that "somebody" is from Baltimore within, maybe......

We might one day learn. They tendered him for an amount that was way below his value. If I was him, I'd sign on the condition that they refuse to use any tags on me next year. If he was a free and clear free agent, he'd get the deal he's trying to get now. Of course, Harbaugh would make sure he had 200 planned runs this season, putting him further at risk.

Either that or sit out a year like LeVeon Bell did. And I really don't think Jackson wants to do that.

Word on the street says that[magic johnson]wants in as a pardner with the commanders...how bout dat?

R&B, do you know who the rest of the possible buyers could be?

Hi Moe,
    Apparently he needed to get
    out from under the shadow of Reid to prove himself worthy of a head coach position. I hope it works out for him but I truly wish it had been another team. LOL

Terrell Edmunds posts on Twitter he's leaving the Steelers. But, no one knows where or that he's just going into free agency.

Well, now we know. Terrell Edmunds signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles.

And Steven Sims is gone too. Geez!!
    Last edited by moe; 03-24-2023 at 08:10 PM.

A guy from greece, by way of canada.

Well, Calais Campbell signed with Atlanta. And Eddie Coleman came out of retirement. Just like that, our defensive line goes from a team weakness to being a team strength. I'm excited and it's four more weeks until the draft.

That's great, Jerry! Competition is the name of the game!

Haven't heard anything [unless you have] from Steelers fans about the status of resigning Bud Dupree. I see both side to this but give him a prove it contract. But I'm not so sure about signing Peterson. What is puzzling to me is the status of one Mason Rudolph. Ask your brother what he thinks.

I bowled with him this afternoon and he told me Dupree was expected to sign. He also said there were a couple of players you signed this week but he couldn't remember who they were, so I guess the signings didn't move the needle much. I'll look them up later. Getting Dupree back would be good. I didn't think he wanted to leave to begin with but between injuries and finances, business moves by both sides had to be made.

Jerry, it was all about the $$$ with Dupree.

Any thought on the NCAA Men's Bball Semis later today?

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Jerry, it was all about the $$$ with Dupree.
    And I support players in every case. Even if they overstep [like Le'Veon Bell] and failed to appreciate how willing the NFL owners are to punish players they think are trying to leverage the negotiating process. Pittsburgh was absolutely better with Bell and should have given him his deal instead of tagging him and letting him sit for a season, but they didn't want him to set the example for players trying to get their due in their contracts.

It's the same thing Lamar Jackson's experiencing right now. The CBA gives owners way too much leverage to prevent player movement and although Jackson's resume should command a deal like or exceeding DeShaun Watson's, nobody's going to offer it to him for fear of what it's going to mean when Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, or Justin Herbert get their second contracts. There's a great chance that Jackson's going to play for less money than Daniel Jones this season. And that's just nuts.

I totally agree, Jerry. Would it be a fair assessment to say that Rodger Dodger has made those owners copious amounts of $$$? I think so. But what do you think about Jackson NOT having an agent? Help or hinder?

It's definitely hurt him. Tenured agents have tricks that they can use to get deals and he'll never be able to utilize them. One of the tricks is to make sure owners know they can steer their high-value free agents to other teams if they don't work out a fair deal with someone signed with them. By the same token, they can leverage a team from signing a player with no representation if they want to discourage the practice. I'm pretty sure both owners and players agents are making this as difficult as possible for him. He'd be better off paying the 6% and getting this over with.