[REMOVE ADS]

Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 111 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

What about Brady kicking the Falcons player [Jarrett]?

It wouldn't be the first time. This is from an article back in 2013 when he was with the Pats.

"New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was a bit aggressive during Sunday's AFC Championship Game loss to the Baltimore Ravens, kicking safety Ed Reed in the thigh as he slid with his right foot in the air during a second-quarter scramble. Reed tried to jump over Brady, but he still was kicked."

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-f...p1000000130400

At least he was fined for that one but that roughing the passer call was bogus. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have an acquaintance who can't seem to understand why I don't like Brady ...duh! She isn't a Bucs or Pats fans and dislikes my Boyz with a passion but as far as I know, doesn't have a fave team and rarely watches the game. LOL

You know yourself, Ms M that you, Jerry, R&B & myself all have our own favorite teams. But the 1 thing we all agree on is no matter what the team good football is good football!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    you know yourself, ms m that you, jerry, r&b & myself all have our own favorite teams. But the 1 thing we all agree on is no matter what the team good football is good football!
    Agree!!!!!!!!

I have a question ms_m: Jerry Jones welcomed a QB controversy the week after Dak got hurt and it looks like he got his wish. Is Dak going to slot back into the starting role when he returns? And if he does, are the fans going to have him on a short leash if he begins to struggle? I think he's superior to Cooper Rush but the offense might be working better to Rush's strengths. I could easily see there being some locker room issues based on how much the team likes playing for one guy more than the next.

Cleveland is acquiring Falcon LB Deion Jones in a trade with the Falcons. The Falcon get a sixth & seventh round picks in 2024. Jerry, any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I have a question ms_m: Jerry Jones welcomed a QB controversy the week after Dak got hurt and it looks like he got his wish. Is Dak going to slot back into the starting role when he returns? And if he does, are the fans going to have him on a short leash if he begins to struggle? I think he's superior to Cooper Rush but the offense might be working better to Rush's strengths. I could easily see there being some locker room issues based on how much the team likes playing for one guy more than the next.
    Jerry Keep in mind JJ loves a good controversy. Anything he can do to get his name or the team's name in the press he will go for it. A few days later he was asked directly about Dak and I'm paraphrasing... Dak is and will be our QB as soon as he is deemed healthy. He was a little more colorful but you get the gist.

Personally my feeling is, if healthy I'd like to see him on Sunday since I feel he gives us a better chance for the W. Our defense is the best I've seen in a while and yes that works to Cooper's advantage but against Philadelphia we need ALL cylinders working especially our pass game and Dak's arm is a lot stronger than Cooper's.

If Dak isn't healthy, I'll have to live with Cooper and just see how it all plays out. I like Dak and Cooper has grown on me but I care more about the W than the QB in matters like this.

Boyz fans tend to be all over the place so can't really say how they will feel about it. Some simply look at Rush's win record and that alone, so if Dak falters those are the folks that will get pissed but they will get over it. One way or the other hopefully it will be a great game and another win!!!!!

And another thing, the locker room knows each QB's strengths a lot more than us fans and the press. So they should know what to expect as long as he can grip the ball.

I've never heard anything negative about Dak leaking from the locker room and it seems to me they like him and respect him as their leader when he's out there. Obviously that's what I'm telling myself... until proven wrong. LOL

Are you guys watching the Chiefs/Raiders? These roughing the passer calls are about to get out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    And another thing, the locker room knows each QB's strengths a lot more than us fans and the press. So they should know what to expect as long as he can grip the ball.

I've never heard anything negative about Dak leaking from the locker room and it seems to me they like him and respect him as their leader when he's out there. Obviously that's what I'm telling myself... until proven wrong. LOL
    Lots of Falcons fans want Desmond Ridder to start over Marcus Mariota. Personally, I think you play the guy who practices better. When Ridder is better, he wins the job. Forget all of that "let's develop him for later" talk. Five weeks into the season is too soon to change for sake of changing. It's not fair to the guys who signed to play and hopefully win this year.

The locker room will let the coach know when it's time to change because there's not a guy who doesn't want to win and they want the best guy under center, not the one who might be better in two years.

Cleveland is acquiring Falcon LB Deion Jones in a trade with the Falcons. The Falcon get a sixth & seventh round picks in 2024. Jerry, any comments?
    Debo had some great moments in Atlanta. He might one day be placed in the stadium's ring of honor. With that said, he's aging and his contract is prohibitive toward rebuilding the team. I hate to see him leave, but I understand it the way I understood Matt Ryan departing. And Julio. I'm actively rooting against Cleveland now, but I'm hoping he has a resurgence and plays the best years of his career there.

I agree with going with the player that practice better but unfortunately because of Dak's injury that criteria doesn't play out for the Boyz at this point and time and I'm hearing Dak may sit out Sunday. Maybe that's just a ruse to throw off the Eagles...don't know.

Until now, I've never been a fan of Cooper Rush and sure my change of heart has a lot to do with the fact we are winning but Cooper isn't making a heck of a lot of mistakes or turnovers and the defense is coming in to cover any and all of our offensive deficiencies which isn't all on Coopers shoulders.

It seems as he's gotten older, wiser or both, he has accepted his limitations and concentrates on what he KNOWS he's capable of instead of trying to do more and screwing things up... as the pundits like to say, "he manages the game" [[something I didn't see from him in the past). Kevin Moore understands this as well and creates plays to compliment his skill set. A healthy Dak Prescot PLAYS the game which I'm sure accounts for his injuries but we need that to get to where I would love to see us go this year [[finally)!!!!!

Our run game doesn't seem to be as strong as it has been in the past and relying solely on defense isn't going to cut it with the Eagles. Just as it didn't cut it with the Bucs. I'll take a FG over nothing anytime of day but to outscore the Eagles, it will take more. Defense and Offense will have to step up and Cooper simply managing the game isn't going to cut it...at least I don't see it playing out that way... shrugs, we shall see and if Cooper plays and proves me wrong, all hail Cooper Rush.

I go into each and every game cautiously optimistic but still believing we have a chance to bring home the win until they pull a bone head move which I WILL voice my opinion over and give praise loudly when warranted but hey, that's the nature of a fan....at least this fan

Lawd love a duck....Kellum Moore not Kevin and yes I know Prescott is 2 t's but my inner circle FB fans know what I mean...err body else. oh well. HAHAHA...
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-11-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Okee dokee smokie...I'm going to stop reading about all this so call Dak vs Cooper controversy which as far a I'm concerned was deliberately manufactured by JJ and I will simply wait for the game on Sunday.

In the meantime, did anyone see last's night's game? I was impressed with the Raiders. Didn't think they had it 'em to to compete in such an aggressive way. Apparently any given "Monday Night" and a desire not to continue accumulating loses can do that to a team....BUT....Mahomes/Kelce, now that's a winning combination and a sight to behold!!!!!
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-11-2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: learn to proof read M

I’ll admit it….I didn’t & can watch the replay soon. Did Kelce break his own record of 4 TD’s in a game? Or do I have that mixed up?
    Either way I’ll still watch the replay so give me some time

It was four, and a career high for Kelce. I think I stated that correctly....child old age can get you confused. LOL...but I KNOW it was four, cause I remember seeing 'em and Mahomes was like a little kid running around with four fingers in the air. Very enjoyable game and a better game than I expected considering the Raiders current record.

...a single game record not career record...I KNEW something about the way I worded that didn't sound correct. My bad
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-11-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Hey, moe: I know the game was unpleasant, but did Pickett give you any reasons for hope for a turnaround this season? The fans got what they wanted and now have to deal with the growing pains of a rookie QB. That's what Atlanta fans now want with Desmond Ridder and [some] Dolphins fans want with Skylar Thompson.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Jerry Oz makes a great point Moe. The rookie has heart [[I'll give him that) and possibly great potential but I personally feel you guys should have stayed with Trubisky.

We fans can be an interesting group. A good friend of mine who is also a Boyz fan sent me an email that basically said....I like Dak BUT... we are winning so let's stay with Cooper...as if he is the ONLY reason for the wins. LOL

I see Coach Tomlin’s point about [at the time] trying to get a spark started by putting Pickett in the game [the previous game], but I think to start him for the Bills game was too soon. I remember how Big Ben got his start from an injury to Maddox but I would’ve stayed with Mitch T. The fans can be merciless! They want the OC gone but realistically who would fire an OC in the throws of the season & hire another & make the offense learn another scheme? I expect changes at the end of the season but not in the middle.

Yes, that game was brutal for Steelers fans. But it also teaches that one cannot expect a totally winning season all the time. Both Chuck Noll & Bill Cowher had losing seasons. And if they don’t get some OLine help they’ll really sink. Plus, some other things.

As a Boyz fan I've seen more than my share of brutal games, they happen. shrugs
    But correct me if I'm wrong Moe, this could possibly be ...and I say possibly because we both know anything can happen before it's all over but this could be the first losing season of Mike's career with the Steelers. I think that says a lot about your coach and team.

You say the fans want the OC gone but I don't hear anything about Tomlin. I hope he stays around, I would truly miss the eye candy. LOL

There’s a woman that I used to work with that had the hots for Mike T. There’s a few of you out there…LOL.
    He has never had a losing season ever so fans better be prepared that if he does the Rooney’s will do nothing about it. History proves it.
    If you look a bit on Twitter you will catch the “Fire Tomlin” crowd. They’re always there.

A quote from an old article but I find the Rooney's loyalty to their people highly commendable.

"The Rooney understand that good employees [[who are quality people) deserve their loyalty."
    https://stillcurtain.com/2018/08/08/...rooney-family/

I'm not a fan of Jerry as an entitled billionaire who has more ego and hubris than football management knowledge, but he's a good owner for his fans and players. And the Rooney family has been the best ownership group in American pro sports. Tomlin's seat won't be hot for at least the next couple of seasons. Having three coaches in more than 50 years is unprecedented and Steelers fans need to appreciate how well they've been managed. I'm jealous of both of you guys.

Atlanta has Arthur Blank, who's not a bad owner. He's actually pretty good, so I can't complain about him. But he hasn't been able to tap into anything to make the team consistently competitive and that's frustrating. But the buck has to stop at the one constant fixture of the team over the past 20 years. And Miami has Stephen Ross, who should be forced to sell the team for all of the horrible things he's done on and off the field.

What’s going to happen with Dan Snyder of Washington?

I generally don't hold grudges when it comes to football but I have two.

1. Dez Bryant's catch but no catch which I will go to my grave saying, IT WAS A CATCH.
    2. JJ's drunk infused remark that made Jimmy Johnson walk away.

Speaking of Arthur Blank... Jerry Oz, I've been meaning to ask you about your take on Matt Ryan's departure from the Falcons.

It was a blessing in disguise. I'm sorry it took such a tawdry and underhanded action to get him to demand a trade, but I'm glad he found a team that should [eventually] give him a chance to win in his last couple of seasons. I'm a huge Matt Ryan fan and although it hurts to see how things are going in Indy, I think he'll bounce back and the trade will work for him.

With that being said, he left a $40+ million salary cap hole and that impacted how this year's team is constructed. We couldn't afford to make a lot of moves that would have helped. I'm just happy that the GM put together a roster that's fighting and playing good football. We're 2-3 right now and are about four plays and one cheating referee away from being undefeated and that blows my mind. Especially since our first 5 games were against the Stains, Rams, Seahawks, Browns and Tompa Boo.

The Falcons are going to have nearly $70 million available to spend in the offseason. Using it to plug holes on a team that's already competitive is a much better prospect than using it to buy a team to replace bad players. I think we're going to win the NFC South in 2023 because the other three teams are all at least $25 million over the salary cap and are going to need to cut key expensive players.

I'm happy Matt has a chance to succeed elsewhere and I'm glad that the Falcons appear to be a better team after he left. Not that he was the problem, but he didn't fit the coach's scheme. Trading him was a win-win.

Also, ms_m:

Although the Dez catch sucked badly, I'll never forget that the Boyz caught a horrible break the week prior against Detroit. Dallas was called for a CLEAR pass interference lat in the game, but the referee thought about it and picked up the flag. It was one of the worst things I've seen from game officials and I've been watching for more than 50 years. The only reason I don't jump all over the Dez "drop" is because Dallas wouldn't have been playing except for shenanigans.

OOps, I conveniently forgot about that but to paraphrase your words, sometimes a team is one cheating referee away from a win.

HOWEVER... https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-fact-catch-it

Name:  dez-bryant-catch-usat_1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  20.3 KB

According to New York Giants owner and NFL competition committee member, John Mara, the league reached a unanimous agreement that it should be ruled a completion in the future. They've also acknowledged that it's time to create a clear definition of what a catch is to prevent further confusion.

What that means to me, Boyz fans were not simply whining.
    Doesn't change anything but
    it still SUCKS EGGS!

Preach, Sistah! It blows my mind that the NFL had to describe what constitutes a catch in writing and messed everything up. We all know what a catch is. It didn't have to be defined. Adding that "make a football move" and also "complete the catch to the ground" just made things worse. I remember seeing DeVonta Freeman reach over the goal line with the ball only to have the referee say it wasn't a catch in spite of the reach being the literal definition of a "football move". Oh, and this one, which started all of the controversy [it's a little blurry]:

Didn't complete the catch in the process of the catch? Are you frigging kidding me?

And on that bogus call, it took them seven years to change the rule.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-what-we-knew/

What’s going to happen with Dan Snyder of Washington?
    Apparently the investigation is on going and there may not be enough support to force him out at this time. There is an Owners meeting next week, guess we shall see if any news comes out concerning the situation.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-12-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Is Snyder still hanging out offshore on his yacht to avoid testifying before Congress? He should be stripped of ownership just for being shady. He's probably hoping the GOP takes the House next month so he can buy his way out of an appearance.

For Steelers fans Jesse James still caught the ball & we would’ve won against the Patriots a couple of years ago.

Moe, with all the rule changes supposedly addressing what is a catch, its rather mind boggling this is an issue that continues to crop up.

Jerry, my understanding is, he doesn't go into to the office and has turned the day to day operations over to his wife. Heck, the dude could be sitting in Grady's for all we know.

Apparently, since he knows where the bodies are buried, Snyder is confident he won't be forced to sell the team. I had heard that a few years ago when the investigation began. I believed it to be true when the NFL had the law firm that investigated him and the WFT deliver their multi-million dollar report's results ORALLY instead of in writing. That's unprecedented and clearly because they don't want the findings released. There's a reason why Snyder's name never came up when Gruden got outed, BTW.

We can't imbed tweets on SDF, but the following links connect to tweets today where Snyder is reminding his fellow owners that if he goes down, he's taking them all down with him:

https://twitter.com/EricFlackTV/stat...A8hXHNJhlbPO4A

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...A8hXHNJhlbPO4A

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...A8hXHNJhlbPO4A

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...A8hXHNJhlbPO4A

Buckle in. It's going to be a bumpy ride. Just more proof that there's no honor among thieves.

Interesting tweets Jerry. I'm heavily leading towards there is some truth to the ESPN story. I'm also inclined to believe that many of the owners do have a Mafia mentality.
    The one fly in the ointment for me is Jason Wright. I honestly can't get a read on him.
    We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out but if nothing happens, it will not come as a shock or surprise.

Ms M, if Dan Snyder was at Grady’s R&B would be foaming at the mouth to tell us

Also today: did either one of you see an article on Art Rooney being more of a real “hands on” owner than everyone thinks? I would’ve not paid too much attention to it had it not been for your comments about JJ, Ms M.

LOL
    True Dat!

Also today: did either one of you see an article on Art Rooney being more of a real “hands on” owner than everyone thinks? I would’ve not paid too much attention to it had it not been for your comments about JJ, Ms M.
    Haven't seen it but since I'm waiting on the game to come on I'll check it out.

https://www.steelernation.com/steele...-vicious-rant/

Interesting read but I have to start by saying, I'm not nor have I ever been a Mike Florio fan. Can't put my finger on it but something about him rubs me the wrong way...even MORE SO than Stephen A. LOL

Maybe I'm crazy, and I can't say I'm that familiar with the Rooney's but it seems reasonable to me that a majority share holder would have major sway ... and not everyone has the HIGHLY OBVIOUS arrogance of JJ. So I'm not sure what the point is with Florio's "big reveal." And maybe that's why I don't care for him, it's as if he try's too hard to come up with a story. Didn't know he was a former attorney, maybe he should go back to law.

Oh yeah, and he hates the Steelers, that should tell you everything you need to know.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-13-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Wow, Bears run 65 yards down the field, their QB [[Justin Fields) makes a block and....geeze Louise, the whatchamacallit team stops them in their tracks. I MAY have to actually watch this game. LOL

Everybody foams at the mouth when they eat at Greasy Grady's, to be honest.

So, last week's Thursday night game was one of the worst of the year. Tonight's game was probably worse. Terrible product. Justin Fields looks like he's in bad shape and I won't be surprised to learn he's in concussion protocol tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Everybody foams at the mouth when they eat at Greasy Grady's, to be honest.
    Hahaha Jerry…….that too!!!

Congrats Jai. Based on what I saw before I fell asleep it was a shake and bake win but hey, a W is a W!

I'm reading he [[Fields) aggravated a shoulder injury but check this out...

"Fields was hit 12 times in the pocket, with five resulting in sacks, and that doesn’t count the number of times he was hit on 12 rushing attempts."

What the heck?

But I like this turn of phrase, may have to borrow it.

" Right now, Fields remains a giant mystery wrapped inside an enigma."

Pulleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, that was the worst crap i've ever seen,this team is so bad that grady refused them lunch, the coaching sucks, at least the bears are young and will get better, my home team on the other hand are stuck in the mud and sinking with no hope in sight, they may not win again, as for danny...he ain't going away..sigh!!!

Damn Sam, when Grady refuses you service, you REALLY have a problem. LOL

What was interesting to me, Rivera [[who rarely seems to get flustered) was throwing your QB under the bus, but after the win, he's patting him on the back.

The ups and downs of this game is what makes things so interesting and fun...at least for me.

Hang in there Jai, sooner or later the Commander's [[I'm being nice) day will come. Not this season but some day!

At least Grady has some class…..albeit microscopic…