[REMOVE ADS]

Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 65 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

Oh well. My beloved Falcons fell less than a minute short to the Football Team of Washington. Congratulations, Jai. It was a good game to watch, but a horrible game to fall short in.

And dang it if the Dolphins don't know how to get off of their shnide. To make it worse, my NBA team is Philadelphia and they're all over the sports blotter for the wrong reasons, so I can't even say "I can't wait for the NBA to start".

But alas, college basketball is right around the corner.

BTW: The Steelers are in this game, Moe. A couple of good offensive series would be nice after the half. If the coach can get their attention, they can come back.

{It's halftime - 5:49 PM}

It didn't happen, Jerry & we are firmly at the bottom in our division. Too many issues. I have NO idea what's going on in Tomlin's head. And if this season is any indication then
    Big Ben needs to get on his horse & ride out of town. It's time!

Lots of Falcons fans say the same thing about Matty Ice but he looked like the Matt Ryan of old yesterday. Unfortunately, the defense looked like the Falcons defense of old, too. Can't catch a break.

Big Ben isn't as mobile as he once was. For $19million the Steelers could've done a lot with that $$ on other needs & called it a rebuilding year. The only impressive play was that first quarter pass to DJ for the TD. Mason Rudolph is not a fave of mine [[he, too, has cement legs in the pocket) but he's got the arm & has some very good receivers to throw it to.

Jerry,we were lucky to get pass the falcons, i have little faith in this defense,the pathers will beat us and then the big guns come out..we in trouble!!!

It's not luck to be the better team. Falcons Nation is in full meltdown right now so I hope WFT World is at least happy with a two-game win streak. It's something to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It's not luck to be the better team. Falcons Nation is in full meltdown right now so I hope WFT World is at least happy with a two-game win streak. It's something to build on.
    Closely followed by Steeler Nation in meltdown

Jai, what's going on with the WFT? The scandal bubbled up again and got racist John Gruden fired and now, there are calls for the NFL to release all information related to the investigation into the scuzzball activities of Daniel Snyder. Folks at league office are scrambling because everybody knows that Gruden was just part of a rotten culture within the entire league structure. They're trying to keep Bruce Allen out of it but he's going to become a center of discussion by early next week.

And then, there's the team's disrespectful way of communicating a Sean Taylor jersy retirement. You have a good team, but a terrible franchise right now.
    Sean Taylor jersey retirement: WFT president Jason Wright apologizes for timing of ceremony announcement
    Sean Taylor jersey retirement: WFT president Jason Wright apologizes for timing of ceremony announcement

The team gave little notice of their plans to retire Taylor's jersey

By Bryan DeArdo
    USA Today

Washington Football Team president Jason Wright says that he is "angry and sad" while apologizing to Washington fans about the lack of notice ahead of Sean Taylor's jersey retirement ceremony, which is slated to take place before and at halftime of Sunday's home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Sunday is also Washington's Alumni Homecoming, as former players will complete a community service project in Taylor's memory.

The team did not announce its plans to retire Taylor's jersey until Thursday, which led to criticism from Washington's fanbase. Wright addressed Washington fans in an open letter that was published on the team's website.

"We thought that saving the news for a game week reveal was the best way to focus the message on Sean and his legacy," Write said in the note. "We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment -- a true lack of understanding of what you, the lifeblood of this franchise, needed to mourn our collective loss and celebrate Sean's legacy.

"As the guy who really wanted us to start honoring players better and differently -- in line with what they paid in the blood, sweat, and tears -- I'm angry and sad that we messed up your opportunity to honor Sean in person this weekend. I feel a pit in my stomach knowing how we have let so many of you down."

Craving even more NFL coverage focusing on previews, recaps, news and analysis? Listen below and follow the Pick Six podcast for a daily dose of everything you need to follow pro football.

Wright said that fans who will not be at the game can view both the pregame tribute video and well as livestream the halftime ceremony. He also stated that the team will be making Taylor's No. 21 rally towel available for purchase with all proceeds going to a legacy project in Taylor's honor.

Fans weren't the only ones who were given little heads-up of the team's plans. Gabe Taylor, Sean Taylor's younger brother, told 106.7 The Fan he was not told by the team of their plans to retire Taylor's jersey until earlier this week. Wright detailed in his note that Gabe and other members of Taylor's family are invited guests for Sunday's ceremony.

A beloved player in Washington, Taylor quickly emerged as one of the NFL's top defensive backs after being the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft. But halfway through the 2007 season, Taylor was shot by intruders at his Miami home and died the following day. He was just 24 years old. He was added to the team's Ring of Fame in 2008.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...-announcement/

Bruce Allen has some explaining to do between himself & Pasch [sp], the NFL general counsel.

Daniel Snyder does too. I saw an interview where someone suggested that the inexplicably unprofessional and overtly corrupt "oral report" of the investigation into the WFT's front office was delivered that way because Snyder knows where enough NFL bodies are buried that he can nuke the league if it tries to reveal the findings to the public. A lot of people thought he would be forced to sell the team the way the league got rid of the Panthers' Jerry Richardson. Some speculate that although he was assessed a fine as punishment for the findings, he neither paid it nor was he required to. I want to see more information released.

It's too bad Colin Kaepernick settled his lawsuit against the league because his discovery would have revealed how dirty and racist the head office and owners really are.

Jerry i'm more worried about a pissed off kc team coming here and dropping[50]on us,hell we made sorry[jamis winston]look like joe namath,mahomes is gonna have[500 yds]passing and won't get touched...but hope springs eternal....the gizzards are starting...excuse me jerry i'm not myself and my other self is in hiding!!!!!!!

Hey jerry,my beloved[gizzards]start tonight and i'll have another excuse to continue destroying my liver, great time to be a d.c.fan..wft going to green bay on a suicide mission and them nogoodcantplaydefense gizzards about to relaunch the titanic...i'm good how bout you?

I have to say that Dallas/NE game was great! It was even better when Dallas won!!
    I have to go & find Ms M. She would've been all over that Dallas win. And Jerry, you know
    she loves "her boys." The Falcons were on a bye, & the Steelers pulled out a win in OT.
    Steelers are on a bye this week, WFT plays GB [in GB], Falcons play Miami [in Miami].
    Seems to me that Mahomes has been intercepted more times this year than before.

Well, hopefully I have some good news. I got a hold of Ms M, She wants to come back & post [especially on this thread]. She needs a new password. Hopefully she will get in touch with Ralph & we can hear about "her boyz."

Wow,that's good news moe,we need our[ms m]...hey jerry,the blind dog found a bone...gizzards win game one,nba finals here we come...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa!!!!

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

Missed you guys but first things first....HOW BOUT DEM BOYZ

I've been in Boyz heaven this season, even the ALMOST win against the Bucs didn't dampen my spirits and although I almost had a heart attack against the Pats.... my Boyz pulled it through.

Refuse to dog the rest of your teams cause hey....I know the feeling but hang in there, could take years like it did for me [[and it's not over yet) but your day will come. LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-22-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: need to correct my error

welcome back ms m!!!!!!!! I am so happy to have you back!!!!!!!
    Yippee!!!!!!

So, other than sports, how is everyone doing? I still refuse to talk politics so let's not go there.

For me life has been up, life has been down. Nothing new there but every day above ground works for me these days. Trying to wait out these so call experts about a booster for us J&J vaccinated folks but that's about it on my end.

May take me a minute to catch up on a few post but I'll be around.

Hey Moe,

I NEVER check my spam folder but something told me to look and there was the SDF email. LOL

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be back.

Oh. I do have one more thing to comment on at this time and this one is for you Jai. Everytime I see WTF...oops I mean WFT....I swear I get dyslexic.

Welcome back, ms_m! Missed you for all of last season and half of another but I'm glad you're with us. Jai's affection toward you is the only thing that might break his love affair for hooch {but you are probably just going to be his side chick; that love affair is STRONG} but he's going to be happy to have his favorite Cowgirl back.

I'm starting to think that you just waited until Dallas was a serviceable football team before you came back, though. Just kidding; they're looking good and scheduled to play my Dirty Birds in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. I hope you've reaped God's blessings in the time that we've been apart. In this terrible age, any time spent missing someone that I care for is a reason to worry that something bad has happened to them. I'm more than happy that you're back and seem to be well.

What's up Jerry Oz? I'm hanging in there. The main problem, for some reason my old password didn't work. If I had bothered to look in my spam folder before deleting it basically everyday I would have found a link to reset but oh well, I'm here now.

Had a little health scare long before Covid hit but I'm good now...just old and loving the fact I wake up err morning. LOL

My Jai will never give up the hooch [[or the elephants - long story) but I'm good with that cause I refuse to give up my dirty martini's.

When Dak went down last season I was heart broken. I really thought that would be our year. However, he's back better than ever it seems and so far so good. Next Sunday is youth Sunday at my church and we're suppose to wear sweat shirts and jeans. I've got my Boyz shirt ready and there are actually a few of us Boyz fans in the place. My pastor is a Ravens fan though but I don't hold it against him. LOL

I haven't seen a lot of Falcons games this season. When the Boyz aren't playing I'm mostly checking out all the rookie qb's. Quite an interesting bunch out there. I'll look in on you guys this weekend but I think the Dolphins should be a gimme for your Dirty Birds!

...and the WTF...oops... I mean WFT ....what can you say other than Snyder makes JJ half way palatable. LOL

The Steelers have suprised me this season but I think Moe is on to something. Time for Big Ben to call it a day! shrugs.

Nuf chit chat for now. See you later.

See you on Sunday. By the way, I'm nearly as big a Dolphins fan as a Falcons fan and I hate it when they play. Especially since the Falcons winning will effectively eliminate the Dolphins seven games into the season. I don't know what exactly went wrong there but life is too short to worry too much about the quality of my entertainment. Definitely qualifies as a first world problem, IMO.

Enjoy your weekend and again, welcome back.

Found an appointment fo my booster today. It's at 6:30 am so I thought I'd pass some time before I have to leave.

Good Morning everyone and have a 10 foot tall, bullet proof day!

Oh and I much appreciate the welcome back Jerry Oz. It felt weird not talking football with you guys so it's good to be back. When I find more time, I may even venture over to the music threads to see what's new [[or not so new) over there.

Ms M, if there was one singular incident that made me think [& miss) you, it was the injury to Dak Prescott last year. I was actually watching that on TV when it happened. Now look at him. Those guys are red hot!! My Steelers? I don't think it's their year. Ben is not what he used to be [[age) & for all those millions they're paying him they could've used that $$ for some other good players. Steelers with a bye tomorrow, then on to Cleveland on the 31st. Yeah, a crazy game on Halloween!!

Jerry, Columbus football tonight.......

Correct me if I'm wrong Mo but I believe the niners are paying Garoppolo more than Big Ben and if it wasn't for his good looks he really wouldn't have that much going for him imo.

To make matters even worse, they [[niners) give up the store for a rookie they don't seem to want to develop or really play. Teams these days really boggle the mind.

When Dak went down and I saw tears, I started tearing up too. I'm amazed he was able to come back in the way that he has....and that contract JJ gave him.....WOW. I want to see my Boyz go all the way this year but more than anything else I want to see Dak get the respect he deserves.

I couldn't agree more with you. I saw the replay several times. The look on his face said it all!!
    Big Ben took a pay cut this year. Who in the world would've paid $35mil to a 39 y/o QB who is in the twilight of his career? He acted like "look what I did" when in fact coming off a severe injury who was to know exactly how he could perform? I'm also not a fan of Mason Rudolph, his backup. That guy has lead in his feet & couldn't get out of the pocket fast enough. Josh Dobbs is extremely smart but he's been off with a toe injury. I think the wild card is Haskins, whom the Steelers picked up for peanuts. It still remains how he'll do once he gets the chance.

We'll have more to discuss [naturally] after the games. I see where your boyz have a bye also.

Yep we're off this week. Time to refuel.

When I first heard about Haskins while he was with Wash. I thought he was a straight up jerk but it seems he's getting his act together. I'm pulling for him, not every player will take advantage of that second [[or more) chance they often receive.

I felt bad for Dak, too. But he lost most of that sympathy when he conflated questions about his vaccination with being a HIPAA violation. He's too smart to be parroting MAGA talking points {HIPAA has nothing to do with answering questions about your own health}. But he's playing his best football right now, so Jerry should be happy he finally opened up those purse strings to sign him.

And I'm surprised that Dan Quinn fixed Dallas' offense as quickly as he did. Much better defensive coordinator than he is a head coach. Him facing his old team is going to be a talking points when we play.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccck

missed you guys but first things first....how bout dem boyz
    well,well welcome home we been missing you[wit yo fine self]and you come back on top in the east, as hard as it is for me to say...the nfc east is yours,i'm just happy that you're back!!

Hey jerry,am i having a hooch hullucination or are them[noaccount]gizzards 2-0???

Oh yeah, I forgot about the HIPPA comment which was pretty lame but ex Cowboy Cole Beasley really sent me over the edge.

Hello my wonderful, hooch drinking, stud muffin. You know I can't stay away from you too long. SMOOCHES!!!!

We're on top right now but I'm still being cautious...been here before and it didn't end well. However, I am extremely and enthusiastically optimistic !!!!!!!

...and Kellen Moore is doing a fab job as well. Didn't care for him as a qb but he's turning into a heck of an OC. He may be on a short list for coach soon.

Happy Birthday Moe

Have a great day my friend and many, many, many, many, many, many, many ...more to come!!!!!

Ms. M:
    Attachment 19399
    Love You, JOsEph

Thanks Ms M.......nothing has changed....especially our choice of drink....still the same

Happy birthday, moe, and a zillion more!!!

Happy Birthday Moe! Have the best day ever.

Thanks SS. Good to be seen
    We'll talk soon....promise!

Cheers Moe [[sound of clinking glassess]

Jerry Oz, it's early but this game may be a little more exciting than I expected. Good news, either way it goes you're a winner.

Bengals/Ravens good game
    Zach Wilson hurt vs Patriots?

I can't remember the last time I saw a holding penalty called on BOTH teams
    Falcons still in the lead, Jerry.

Later.........
    Last edited by moe; 10-24-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Inspite of the impressive start by the Dolphins and during the game, that played out the way I expected. I really thought the birds would pick up a qb in the draft but obviously Fontenot knew what he was doing choosing Pitts.

However....what's up with Flores trying to immulate Tomlin with those shades? He really isn't pulling off the look. LOL

Wow Ravens got their butt kicked by the team with the ugly helmets. LOL

Chiefs are falling apart.

I was looking through past comments in this thread and Jerry Oz made a statement about Aaron Rodgers being a nut. Until this season I never thought much about Rodgers outside of the field but he does seem to be....a nut... but sorry for the loss Jai.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Inspite of the impressive start by the Dolphins and during the game, that played out the way I expected. I really thought the birds would pick up a qb in the draft but obviously Fontenot knew what he was doing choosing Pitts.

However....what's up with Flores trying to immulate Tomlin with those shades? He really isn't pulling off the look. LOL
    OMG Ms M I said the VERY SAME THING about Flores!!!!!!!

Aaron Rogers, with his long stringy hair looks homeless.......& Steelers Twitter has him possibly coming to Pittsburgh next season if Big Ben retires......WTH?

Moe, unless he [[Rodgers) comes in with guns blazing the terrible towels will eat him alive. Personally, I think he's another one that needs to hang it up.

...and Flores and shakes head. lol

I agree with you......he's 37 & is in the twilight time

So, since you haven't been around what's your take on Brady? How much longer? Is he one of those outliers or what?

I try not to give Brady any thought but I do respect his mental toughness. I'm guessing when he gets more rings than Belichick he will finally give it up.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-24-2021 at 05:45 PM.