[REMOVE ADS]

Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 44 84 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 104 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,700 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

Yup. Apparently, he bet $1,500 on Atlanta games last year, which causes concern in its own right. But he's definitely going to be traded if he's eventually reinstated.

You know what I think is ironic Jerry? Ridley gets busted for betting. The NFL ads includes sports betting [ie. the Ceasars ad with JB Smoove, Halle Berry, etc]. SMH

And.....the reported deal between Aaron Rogers & The Packers [4 Year-$200mil] ???

That deal was probably his endgame all along, Moe. His current deal is pretty hefty and he signed it not too long ago. And lots of folks are chirping that the year+ long ban for a guy who wasn't even active is too much. They'll suspend you for six games if you beat a woman but 17 games if you gamble on games you cannot influence? It does seem a little out of whack but I understand their urge to throw the book at him.

I think they're trying to scare players because gambling is already an issue in the NFL. They instituted an injury report because they didn't want professional gamblers and mobsters to have inside information that wasn't available to the public. That information came from players, coaches, and other team personnel and the pipeline is still in operation and the league knows it.

The big problem is that once organized criminals are aware somebody is betting or passing information, they can leverage that knowledge to influence games. It's either play along with their schemes or lose a deal worth many millions. That's what baseball was worried about with Pete Rose and it's why he'll never get into the hall of fame. And it's why the NFL and NBA will be heavy-handed when it comes to disciplining players for gambling, even though it's a significant revenue stream for them.

WOW! Denver trades for Russell Wilson. The AFC West has solid QBs on every team [Wilson, Derek Carr, Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert]. It's going to be a real dogfight to win that division.

I just saw that!! WOW is right. Seems then that Kenny Pickett is off Denver's radar then.
    Oh the deals!!!!!!!!

WELL,I GUESS WE DON'T GET A TOP QB[thanks to danny boy]...I WONDER IF SONNY JURGENSON IS AVAILABLE????

Denver might not draft Pickett at #9, but now Seattle might with their pick. Atlanta needs to move hell and high water to make Seattle think they're either taking a QB at #8 or trading the pick to somebody who will. That way, maybe Seattle will give us a 4th rounder to move back one pick.

R&B, let's see if we can wake Sonny up to help your team.

Hey, Jai, I know a guy who is Facebook friends with Billy Kilmer's nephew's daughter's friend's uncle's brother-in-law. He might be able to help us find Sonny. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Jerry, I'd appreciate your thought on the "QB rotation" [as I call it].

Carson weinz...carson frickin weinz???????????????????????....what the $#@@@^%&*[[[[[[)_++_)[[*&^^^%$##$@!@!@...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...excuse me while i break out in uncontrollable laughter-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....hey jerry,i" m gonna get good an drunk now..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??????????????????????

Like I said: it's a "QB Rotation!!"

Carson Wentz threw for 3,563 yards, 27 touchdowns with 7 interceptions last season. That's not bad, IMO. Give him sticky fingered Terry McLaurin to throw to and I'd suggest it's a better combination than we've seen in Washington in a decade. They gave up a lot to get him, but they're a much better team now than they were yesterday.

Denver and Seattle both did well with the trade. All up and all in, Seattle winds up with four draft picks that should result in day-one starters along with two players who will start this fall. That's not bad for a guy who might have diminishing returns halfway through his next contract. And Denver gets the missing piece for their roster. Both did well.

JERRY,HIS BUDDY GAVE UP ON HIM SO DON'T TRY TO SELL HIM TO ME...I WANTED[TREBINSKY]BUT NOBODY LISTENS TO ME..SAME OL SAME OL[dumbassteamcantget nothingrightdumbassteam]AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH@#!!!@~%%$%^&&&^%^&&[[*&&&^%&^^%$#!!!

You might think you wanted Mitchell Trubisky. But take my word for it, Carson Wentz is much better than Trubisky. Mucccchhh better. Trubisky is rumored to be headed to the Giants to back up Daniel Jones. If you can't beat Daniel Jones for a starting spot, then you aren't fit to start for anybody.

You do not want Mitchell Trubisky.

...And neither do we!! The latest rumor floating on Twitter [I gotta stop reading it] is that on Friday the Steelers are dealing for DeShaun Watson [Friday being his court date]. The the chief sportswriter for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette [Gerry Dulac] got on Twitter & said "NOT IN ANY WAY." I believe him. Steelers have bigger fish to fry.

Jerry,i still think that trebisky is ok, the bears haven't had a real qb since[sid lickman]and i think that with a year off he's renewed...backup to daniel jones??? If he doesn't beat out that bum i'll shave my head and ride a scooter to tibet!!!

Moe, I saw the Watson rumors and if Pittsburgh trades for DeShaun Watson, I'll shave my head and ride a scooter to Tibet!!!

I just saw where the Chargers are trading a 2022 second and 2023 third to Chicago for Kahlil Mack. Atlanta should have done that. So now, the Chargers have Mack and Joey Bosa charging from opposite sides of the line?! AFC West is going to be incredible this year.

Dolphins are rumored to be chasing after Bobby Wagner next week. There's going to be a lot of movement when free agency starts.

Did you hear the rumor Watson may now go to Seattle?
    I did see that Mack is going to the Chargers.

Haven't heard about Watson to Seattle. Makes since because they have the picks that Denver sent and they can use those to get him. Houston reportedly wanted three first round picks and several others. Seattle now has four first rounders in the next two drafts. Watson has a no trade clause, so he'd have to want to go to Seattle before the deal can be made. Interesting.

And Watson isn't going to be indicted........so let's see if that rumor is true.

Fans in Seattle, Charlotte and Philadelphia are climbing over each other to get in on the DeShaun Watson sweepstakes now that he's not going to be indicted. They have zero qualms about desiring a guy who still has 22 credible claims of sexual misconduct and harassment hanging over his head. Shameless behavior for sport. I'll say the same thing about them that I said when the Dolphins were pursuing him last year: When they introduce him at a press conference and there are a couple of half-naked cheerleaders smiling and shaking pom-poms beside him, it's going to be a horrible look for the organization. And all of that anger that team owners expressed about Collin Kaepernick taking a knee to bring attention to one of society's problems will be ignored when it comes to almost promoting another one.

Shame, shame, shame.

Steelers are signing Mitchell Trubisky to replace Big Ben.

The Commanders are losing Brandon Scherff in free agency. Gonna have to fill the guard spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Steelers are signing Mitchell Trubisky to replace Big Ben.
    This is a Hmmmmmm on my part. Didn't you bring this up before?

Moe,listen to me...trubinsky is gonna take you guys to the playoffs,heck i wanted him here, what happened in chicago wasn't all his fault but he was the scapgoat, the steelers are gonna be just fine...jerry, i knew that scherff was gonna walk and i'm cool with it, i got bigger fish to fry... A second wideout because if mcclorin doesn't get some help he's outta here next year and it really sucks, they better sign mckissik too-sigh!!!

R&B, Trubisky's problem in Chicago was a bad O Line. The Steelers' O Line isn't anything special. I worry!

Well, here we go...mckissick goes to buffalo so we lose another special player on offense, didn't make him an offer so now we look for another pass catcher out of the backfield a tough runner and blocker..rivera must have a hell of a plan..moe you got tribinsky for peanuts[7mil per]while we get weinz for[28 mil] weinz better throw for[5,000yds and thirty touchdowns]and he'll probobly get hurt and heineky will play anyhow, while the steelers will get to the playoffs and mitch will get[comeback player of the year]...go steelers!!!!

Oh, my. So, last season, I very nearly quit on the Dolphins when they flirted very heavily with obtaining DeShaun Watson. I was relieved when they chose not to pursue him. Now, Atlanta's in the hunt and are meeting with him tomorrow. Trading for him and shipping Matt Ryan to destinations unknown might be the hill that my fandom is willing to die on. I've invested 44 years in this team and I might have to find another way to spend my Sunday afternoons. Shame on them for trying, even if they don't get him.

And what's going on in Cleveland with Baker Mayfield? The Browns are rumored to be making a play for Watson, too.

His team told Cleveland they're out of the running. Now, they have a broken relationship between the team and Baker Mayfield, who penned what many took to be a goodbye note to Browns fans. If the Falcons don't get him, they're in trouble because they need Matt Ryan to sign a restructured deal to have any semblance of salary cap space. I wouldn't help them out if I was him. Lots of folks think they should trade him to Indy, which would probably be a much better chance for him to win than Atlanta.

After disrespecting him with the overt flirtations with Watson, I actually hope they trade him. Best QB [maybe player] in team history and always a team-first guy and that's how he gets played? This is exactly why I side with players in 100% of disputes with team management.

Wow... March Madness is madder than ever and we're on day one. I've been parked in front of this TV all day and I feel like I've had a productive day.

Packer’s Adams to the Raiders…….
    Last edited by moe; 03-18-2022 at 08:20 AM.

DeShaun Watson to the Browns!! 5yr/$230mil

Soooo glad he shunned Atlanta. They blew up their franchise to get DeShaun Watson and lost a lot of fans who will never be back. I'm in the midst of an existential crisis with the entire NFL right now. Both of my teams embarrassed themselves to obtain a likely sexual predator. I can't give them credit for failing after they tried so hard.

They all but ended Matt Ryan's time in Atlanta. He even gave them time to complete the trade by pushing a bonus back by four days, so you know he wants to be traded now. The most iconic player in the team's weak history [and pillar in Atlanta's society] and you wanted to trade him for a sexual assailant? Really?

This franchise cut Michael Vick for dogfighting. They released another guy [Prince Shembo] for kicking his girlfriend's dog. But they're willing to put their "values" on hold when it came to winning? Shame on Atlanta. Shame on Miami. Shame on Philadelphia, New Orleans and Carolina. And double shame on my Dad's favorite team, the Browns. I used to root for them because of Pops and now, I might have to root against them.

As I said: "Existential crisis".

Couldn’t agree with you more, Jerry.

Matt Ryan to the Colts….

Absolutely, the most laughing stock franchise in professional sports. They created a situation where keeping him was an untenable proposition for him and the team. But trading him for a 3-rounder is beyond the pale. We made Indy favorites in their division while kicking off a 3 or 4 year rebuild for ourselves. We won't see the playoffs for at least four seasons. Can't wait to watch the press conferences after this debacle.

Because of the move, I was unaware that the Steelers released Zach Banner from the O Line. BIG guy, GREAT guy [did a ton of community service a few years ago with the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh]. In the first game of the 2020 season tore his ACL which he was never to recover well enough to really play after that. Sad.

That's how it happens, sometimes. Atlanta had a safety named Bryan Scott and he was a rising star for his first couple of seasons. Laid the wood to anybody and controlled the middle of the field. Then he got a concussion and took a long time to return. He was never the same guy again. Looked afraid to make tackles, let alone deliver hits to anyone. He was gone after that season and I don't know if he played anywhere else. Just another reason why I support players in all disputes with teams.

Jerry, Banner was a huge presence on Twitter until his release. Now MIA & some are worried.

And now.......Tyreek Hill??? Wow!!

So... If you're keeping score, Jerry's week is going like this:

Atlanta's front office tried to mortgage the team's future to trade for a quarterback who has more than 20 credible allegations of sexual impropriety alleged against him. The attempt enabled the franchise's quarterback to stop towing the company line and request a trade. Thanks to the lack of leverage, the trade to Ryan's preferred destination yielded only the second of Indy's two 3rd round draft picks. Indianapolis is over the moon, anticipating him to be their missing piece.

Meanwhile, Atlanta has lost its three best wide receivers since last year [Julio, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage] and just to have an NFL quality wideout on the roster, they applied a 2nd round tender to Olamide Zacchaeus, who is not bad but is at best the 4th receiver on a good team. We then permitted our second best defender [Foye Oluokun] to leave as a free agent before signing a guy who might not make the team. That signing canceled out the 2023 fourth round compensatory pick we expected to receive for losing Oluokun to Jacksonville. The team is utterly bereft of talent.

Meanwhile, in Miami, the Dolphins finished with a winning season in spite of having few offensive skill players and a historically bad offensive line. They proceeded to use their massive amount of cap space to sign two excellent running backs, two starters on the offensive line [including the top rated free agent], and a stud wideout. Then, the day after they signed the top rated free agent OL, they traded 5 picks for a consensus top-15 player. They literally filled every hole on the roster. And if Tua isn't the man to lead it, he's backed up by Teddy Bridgewater. Wow.

So, I'm dumb enough to like two teams and one has had the most boss offseason in the franchise's history and the other one is apparently run by Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin. Looking forward to Miami's ascension and Atlanta's 3 year rebuild.

Moe, I looked up Zach Banner and the last I see anywhere about him is that he was released and there is a lot of speculation that he'll be resigned by the Steelers "in the future". I hope he's okay.

Free Agency has really done a number on you, Jerry.
    Yes, I do hope Banner is ok.

MOE,JERRY..I'LL SAY THIS MUCH...IF THE[RAIDERS]GO TO THE SUPERBOWL,WHICH IS[WINK-WINK]BEING PLAYED IN VAGAS NEXT SEASON,I'LL KNOW THE FIX IS IN AND I'LL QUIT PRO FOOTBALL...I'm not joking.

Jerry, today on Twitter there was a video post from Zach Banner. He thanked everyone in Pittsburgh [[Steelers/fans) & said he was leaving Pittsburgh. It's a shame because he just bought a condo in the Strip District right outside downtown. I wish him well.:[[

May God bless him. Talked to my recently located brother after church and he was happy to know that the Steelers are Columbus' second-favorite team behind the Browns. He's not going to sign up with DirecTV so he won't have Sunday Ticket, so I'll have to clue him in on how I watch out of market games **hint hint - bootleg apps**. I did advise him they're unreliable and seldom available in HD, but since he's retired, he wants to avoid Sunday Ticket and its $49 a month charge. Sadly/happily [take your pick], it looks like I'm a corrupt influence.

Dolphins fans are giddy with the heady rush of anticipation. Sexiest offseason that any of us can remember and we're ready to go. Traded most of our draft picks and only have four late picks in the draft, but we look like we're loaded and ready for bear. Hopefully, the coach can coach. Next year, we have two first-rounders, a second-round pick, two third-rounders, and two fourth-rounders. Things are definitely looking up.

Meanwhile, Atlanta looks horrible right now. We got lucky to find Marcus Mariota, who might be serviceable as Matty Ice's replacement, but we'll probably draft a QB. Next year, we'll have $110 million+ in salary space for free agency and might be able to restock our roster. This season will definitely be one that requires headache medication.

I think the Dolphins may surprise a lot people this coming season! And I hope that they really surprise the Patriots!

I wanted to ask you why Tryann Mathieu is taking so long to sign with any team? OBJ's physical status is still up in the air. But, has your brother noticed that there are so far no takers for Joe Haden? He wanted a contract extension, the Steelers said no [rightfully so] & he & his agent [Drew Rosenhaus] want to "test the market." Hmmm....what's gonna happen there?