[REMOVE ADS]

Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 58 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

And... Mike Hilton is moving 288 miles to the southwest. But Pittsburgh fans will still be able to see him play twice a year. Four years and $24 million.

Mike Hilton.......was a sore one for the Steelers Twitterverse to swallow. I had 3 different interactions with Hilton on Twitter & I told him go for financial security [[he has a wife & the cutest little girl). He agreed with me. Steelers don't know what they had until they lost him. And, how bout Vince Williams? Wow...I didn't see that one coming. I forgot he's 33 [[a bit old by football standards). But the Steelers are clearing cap space. We'll see what happens. JuJu still out there, I'm happy for Zach Banner, though.

Ju-Ju's coming back to Heinz. Looks like he wanted to be there. Can't post tweets but here's what Adam Schefter tweeted just now:
    JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1372965957543591947?s=20

And from the team...

We have re-signed WR JuJu Smith-Schuster to a one-year contract. @BordasLaw

I don't know how to post a pic with blue haired JuJu signing his contract, but yes, to turn down even bigger $$ from the Ravens & KC & the Eagles says something. In return 1 CB had to go [[Haden vs Nelson) & Steven Nelson is seeking a trade. Crazy all these deals. So look at how many defensive starters went elsewhere. That's what happens when your team's cap space is minute. Next year should prove much better.

With the new TV deal dwarfing the one it's replacing, the salary cap is going to skyrocket next season. It'll be much higher than last year's, which was $15 million higher than 2021. If a team is in a salary cap trash bin next year, they went too far to try to win this year.

Well,my wft got some help-fitzmagic[don't laugh cause the dude's gonna win us some games]and we got the kid from carolina to help mcclaren out,so we did ok for now with the draft coming up,we'll see!

I'm not a Buckeyes fan but being from Columbus, i watch almost all of their games and like all of their players. Samuel and McLaurin are a good duo. They're friends who are both good guys off the field and they're going to play well together. Fitzmagic is good but also getting older. A lot of Dolphins fans lost their nuts last season when Coach replaced Fitz with Tua but I think it was a good idea. With that being said, Washington's going to draft a QB next month to take his place in 2022. I'm betting they take Mac Jones out of Alabama.

That's the word on the street,if he's still around when they pick.

He'll be around. If he falls to 12, I wouldn't be surprised if you move up to take him because New England might grab him at 15.

Sounds good to me..we'll see.

New England needs someone [[Cam is NOT the answer). And so does WFT. I have no idea who they want. Steelers got JuJu but lost Steven Nelson as well as their LB Ola. This is what they do always at FA time [[i.e. make me shake my head).

Well, here's what happened. Steven Nelson was the odd man out & told the Steelers he wanted a trade. Steelers said ok. No takers. About 1-2 hrs ago Nelson gets on Twitter [[I saw it) & states that the Steelers are "holding him hostage." In response the Steelers terminated his contract. In no way were they holding him "hostage." He was ok in 2019 but so so in 2020. The Steelers chose Joe Haden over Nelson. Haden IS a better CB than Nelson. Such drama........

Drama indeed. Falcons and Dolphins fans are going nuts over the relative lack of activity in free agency. Falcons did sign former Panthers RB Mike Davis today and that's a low-key great signing. We still need a bellcow back in the draft [[Trey Sermon?) but I had Davis in fantasy last season and he pretty much turned my season around. The Fins signed Will Fuller from Houston and now, receiver will be a luxury pick in the draft. Hoping we get either Kyle Pitts [[tight end), Ja'Marr Chase [[wide receiver) or Penei Sewell [[tackle) but I'd prefer to trade down and get other assets.

Just over a month until the draft. I told somebody on Twitter that the NFL draft is the equivalent of The Bachelor for men.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...HEY JEERY,HOW BOUT THEM GIZZARDS,DID YOU SEE WHAT THE KNICKS DID TO EM LAST NIGHT? AND THEY GET TO PLAY EM AGAIN TOMMORROW...BELEIVE ME JERRY WHEN I SAY THAT IF I HAD THE POWER TO DISBAN A TEAM IT WOULD BE THIS ONE,IT'S SO DAMN FRUSTRATING YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR[YOU GET MY POINT]FOR OVER FORTY F-CKING YEARS,WHEN THIS DIS-ORGANIZATION ACTUALLY HAD A CORE OF YOUNG GOOD PLAYERS[RIP HAMILTON-RASHEED WALLACE-BEN WALLACE]WHAT DID THEY DO?? THEY TRADED EM BECAUSE THOSE MORONS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE DOING..RIP WAS TRADED FOR A WASHED-UP-JERRY STACKHOUSE[what the f--k]YES I KNOW THAT IT'S DIFFERENT OWNERSHIP,BUT THE SAME DUMB MENTALITY,ONE SUPERSTAR[BEAL]AND A BUNCH OF SECOND STRINGERS ON ANY GOOD TEAM...[even the WFT is trying to win now]AND ALL THE FANS HEAR ARE[I HAVE A PLAN]FROM TED,NOT ONLY DOESN'T HE HAVE A PLAN,HE AIN'T GOT A CLUE AS HOW TO WIN IN THE NBA,HE'S A HOCKEY GUY..YES I KNOW THAT THE MYSTICS WIN WHICH IS A MYSTERY TO ME...ANYHOW THAT'S MY RANT AND I'M STICKIN TO IT UNTIL SOMEBODY TAKES THIS TEAM AND DO SOMETHING WORTHY WITH EM!!!

*Welp* Looked like they turned a corner a couple of weeks ago, but they came right back and proved you right. And what about the NFL letting Snyder become sole owner of the WFT? WTF is that all about? He hasn't shown himself to be a good majority owner and they're going to let his putrid influence take over everything? Watch all of their momentum turn around soon.

??????? I didn't know about the sole owner thing...oh boy, i'm going to drink myself into a stupor now...and then i'm gonna stagger down to grady's for a slice of coconut cake!!!

Read it and weep:
    Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder reaches agreement to buy out partners

Snyder is now expected to own 100 percent of the Washington franchise

By Jordan Dajani
    9 hrs ago1 min read

The Washington Football Team and its ownership have been at odds for some time now, but a resolution has reportedly come to fruition. On Wednesday morning, Tyler Dunne of "Go Long" reported that Washington majority owner Dan Snyder is buying out the minority owners' 40.5 percent stake in the team. Snyder reportedly requested a debt waiver for $450 million to fund the deal, and it has apparently been approved by the NFL finance committee. The total cost of these shares are more than $800 million, according to The New York Times. CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora confirmed the financial move, and adds that Snyder will eventually sell minority shares back to other investors.

The last year has been a dramatic one for Washington, as minority owners Dwight Schar, Robert Rothman and Frederick Smith had grown uneasy about the direction the franchise was going in. Smith, who is the CEO of FedEx, which is a major sponsor for the Washington franchise, applied pressure on Snyder to change the team's name -- something that Snyder vowed to never do. According to a report from AdWeek, Nike and FedEx were among a group of corporations [[PepsiCo was also included) whose investors wrote to them requesting that they end their relationships with Washington unless the team changes its name. The letters to Nike, FedEx and PepsiCo were from 87 investment firms and shareholders worth a collective $620 billion. It was a controversy Washington could no longer brush aside, as even federal officials got involved in asking the team to change its name.

Things got even worse in Washington, as Snyder reportedly claimed that Schar led an "extortion campaign" in an attempt to force Snyder out of ownership during a tumultuous 2020 season off the field. Snyder may have lost the battle when it comes to Washington's team name, but appears to have now won the war.

Snyder is now expected to own 100 percent of the team when this deal becomes official. According to Ben Standig of The Athletic, the transaction is subject to three-fourths approval of 24 of 32 clubs, and the vote could come next week when the owners meet.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...-out-partners/

I shouldn't be surprised,the ol boy network is alive and well...now i see said the blind man,when they[forced him???? Wink,wink]to change the name this deal was more than likely made, same ol same ol!!

Snyder is a piece of work. I thought an owner couldn't be a sole owner. Case in point: Ronneys are the majority owners, but you have John Stalworth, Tom Tull [[among others) as the minority owners of the Steelers.

What's the latest on DeShaun Watson?? I wonder if all parties knew these accusations were going to come out. Also, haven't heard much about the Seahawk that knocked out his girlfriend.

We had a lot of wind during the night/this morning. Jerry, I would assume you got it, too? We lost power around 6:20 this morning & back on at 10am. Neighbor's patio furniture was on the next neighbor's patio. I saw pics of the tornado in Alabama. WOW!

I heard the wind through my window but nothing got uprooted or blown away. God is good. And after the cheerleader scandal, I'm surprised the NFL didn't force Snyder to sell the team the way they made Jerry Richardson sell the Panthers.

And although I'm 100% down with #MeToo, there's a lot to consider with what's going on with Watson. Personally, I have a hard time believing that a guy who's apparently psychotic can avoid accusations of this sort until he's 25 years old or so. Every accusation seems to be hearsay and I haven't heard that there were contemporaneous communications between the victims and friends or family to back up their stories.

I'll withhold opinion until more comes out but it seems suspicious. If it proves to be true, the Texans will likely cut him to get out from under his huge contract. I'm sure it has language that protects the team against criminal or unethical behavior. With that being said, if the team knew about these allegations and did nothing, the league needs to punish it. But it won't.

As far as Chad Wheeler is concerned, the Seahawks were as derelict in how they handled it as the Panthers were with Greg Hardy and the Giants were with Josh Brown. Isn't it something that the league will crack down on teams caught being racist but in the cases of Snyder, Wheeler, Hardy and Brown, outright ignoring of crimes against women is not just pushed to the back pages, it often results in no sanctions against the teams? May have to add the Texans to that long list if Watson is as disturbed and predatory as he's being accused.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,that was no tornado...grady was trying a new reciepe..anyhow, jerry them gizzards beat a young detroit last night and you would've thought they won the title from all the accolades,in spite of the fact that they almost blew a thirty point lead!

Well, R&B.....it's about time Grady surfaced!!! I was beginning to think that Grady went underground!
    So......how bout this: Steelers DLine Free Agent Tyson Alualu agrees to a contract with his original team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was going to go to Jacksonville to sign his contract. He didn't go because he got Covid. So, what does he do? He backs out of the deal [[at more $$) & resigns with the Steelers for their original offer!! That makes 2 Steelers who stayed, even though they were offered more $$. Reports that Alualu was building his "dream" home in Pittsburgh & his kids were in a great school system. Amazing!

We sometimes forget that people have a bunch of different motivations for the decisions they make. Money is a potential motivator but certainly not the only one. That's part the reason why I say I support players in every situation that affects them. Now, we're in silly season when college hoops players are transferring to other teams. God bless them. They have a right to be happy and nobody should want a player who prefers to be elsewhere.

I've always maintained that college players should be allowed endorsements/paid.
    What do you think? Jerry?? R&B??

Absolutely. Until recently, schools were printing money by selling jerseys with players' names on them but players can't even endorse products or services under their own names and likenesses. I have believed for years that schools should have actively marketed player-related merchandise with the understanding that half the revenue goes into an escrow account for the player to receive at the end of his career. Then, the player could borrow against it if he so chooses [[if the school wanted to keep up the charade that they're amateurs).

Now, you have people in Congress trying to pass laws where there are limits to how much a player can earn now based on the ruling that they own their names and likenesses. Mitt Romney and others think it's "unfair" to other students that athletes might be pulling in a hundred grand in endorsements. But they couldn't care less that many of these young men come from poor homes and all that they own is what their schools provide.

Personally, after the fiasco with the NCAA women's tournament, I think college athletes need to organize into a union and collectively bargain to be paid.

Jerry, your last paragraph says it all for me......& I agree!!!!!

I agree,colleges make a mint off of the student athletes,pay em if you gonna use em..and the next time some stuffed shirt from the hill or a big time college campus starts whining,ask em how much they charge for-speaking engagements???

Coaches are making up to $10 million a year. The NCAA is going to say that fewer than 10 colleges have athletic departments that earn a profit, but that sounds hard to believe when it gets nearly a billion dollars for March madness and $500 million for the college football championship alone. Add another billion for rights to carry college football games [[in addition to what they earn from the B1G Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, PAC12 Network and Big 12 Network) and there's no way they're operating at a loss. And that's all BEFORE you pack 60,000 to 110,000 fans into stadiums while charging $50 to $500 a ticket for home games.

Figures don't lie, Jerry. The NCAA can say whatever they want. It's the public that can see what really is.

On the other hand: Steven Nelson on Twitter says he had to block 1,000 "people" after being terminated by the Steelers. I understand the fans part in this, but he, too, must be accountable for his behavior.

Social media is the Devil's playhouse. Even on SDF, you have people who are aggressive in a way that they'd never express in a social encounter. He had his reasons for leaving and decided that teams have leverage in regard to personnel so he chose to be an hole about it. That's unfortunate, but it's no excuse for people to be nasty. Players need to realize that when they make a big play in a game, the folks cheering are cheering for the jersey, not the guy wearing it.

As I said before, if somebody wants to go somewhere else, I don't want him on my team. All that can come out of it is a sour locker room. With that being said, there's probably an understandable reason for him to want to get out.

Nelson wanted more than the Steelers offered. Stats proved the Steelers correct, in this case. For example: Bud Dupree had good stats, Steelers couldn't afford him due to cap hit so he went to the Titans for $85 mil. No hard feelings, even though he had the torn ACL last season & he was ahead of his rehab. All the fans really liked Bud, but business is business.

We already know what a "cancer" player is capable of doing in the locker room.

You're better off without Nelson. Sometimes players get wanderlust and sometimes they just want different, whether it's more loot or to get away from certain coaches or baby mamas [[or closer to them, BTW) or whatever. Regardless, Steelers players will be happier with him gone, even if they don't say it. What's going on with Villanueva? Saw a headline that he was unhappy about something but I didn't read the article.

Also: Sports Illustrated has a very disturbing article about Deshaun Watson from a woman who didn't join the lawsuits. She's provided texts and contemporaneous witnesses that appear to back up her story. Add to that, he's moving to settle with three of the complainants and things are looking worse for him. That's too bad, he had a squeaky clean image until now. Cops are also investigating him. Looks like Houston should have traded him when they had the chance.

Wow. Russ went off for 35 points, 14 rebounds, 21 assists, 2 steals and a block tonight. Absolute monster game for the Quizards in an 8 point win.

Who would've ever thought that about Deshaun Watson?? One has to wonder if he hid all of this so well that the front office didn't even know about it. That, to me, would seem odd. Front offices usually have spies everywhere......just like TMZ LOL.

These things don't come out of nowhere. I'll be surprised if we don't hear reports of problems that he had a Clemson as well as about the Texans hearing "rumors" that they never investigated. Hard to believe they would give him $39 million a year with knowledge of a pathological defect but we've seen teams do anything to win.

I'm a little upset with myself because I gave him the same benefit of the doubt that I gave to Bill Cosby and Michael Vick. I know Watson as well as I know them, so you'd think that I would learn. With that being said, I'm not willing to convict him but that account was disgusting and almost too detailed to write off.

Jerry, I need to get a copy of that article & read it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    wow. Russ went off for 35 points, 14 rebounds, 21 assists, 2 steals and a block tonight. Absolute monster game for the quizards in an 8 point win.
    calm down big guy...let's see go off on a team that actually plays defense,his little triples are cute but the gizzards are still going-n-o-w-h-e-r-e...hey word on the street says that sam darnold may be available,but who's gonna take the bait-i want him here-free sam darnold-free sam darnold!!

Too many Steeler "know-it-alls on" Twitter asking for Darnold!!!

It's Sports Illustrated's website. Here's the link:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/fi...not-in-lawsuit

Hey jerry,the gizzards are toast of course,but i'm watching the kid[rui]he seems to be coming along nicely,averaging [20pts]per game and had thirty last night, if he keeps developing his game by next season beal will have some scoring help, his development is the main reason i even watch this sorry bunch.

He is good. I wonder if Beal's going to try to force his way out of town in the off-season.

I hope not,i'm a fool for saying this,but maybe just maybe with the kid coming along and maybe if anyone good comes here,the gizzards may crawl into the playoffs next year..if beal walks then it's rui's team and we start all over again..there's a lot of that with this team...starting over next year!!!

Jerry, I just read the SI story that you provided.......thanks. What a shock!! I don't think this therapist is lying. There seems to be a pattern here, & other therapists confirm the same MO.

On the other hand it's snowing up here in NE Ohio & the ground is covered....no April Fool about this!!

You know how the old saying goes: If you don't like the weather in Ohio, stick around for a few minutes. It's just over freezing here and it's supposed to be in the 60s on Saturday and the mid-70s by early next week. I'm too close to sunny days to care about Winter's death rattle though. I'm getting my first jab tomorrow and in a month, I'll be inching closer to a normal life.

And I'm stepping back on the DeShaun Watson situation because after reading the account, I'm having flashbacks to when I stood up for Bill Cosby and I still regret being That Guy. I'm not saying that I would convict him based on anything that I know, but I think there's reason to believe that this is more than an elaborate plot. And I #BelieveWomen.

I JUST QUESTION THE TIMING, JUST LIKE WITH COSBY WHEN HIS SHOW WAS CARRYING[NBC]THEY PROTECTED HIM[what you think they didn't know??]WE ALL KNOW HOW IT GOES[keep making us money and we got your back]WELL THE DUDE WANTS OUT AND THEY PULL THE PLUG, YOUNG WITH TOO MUCH MONEY AND TOO MUCH TEMPTATION[of course he did some of it]AGAIN HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF, YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD LEARN BY NOW, AND OF COURSE HE WON'T BE THE LAST.

But jerry,on a more positive note...can't i believe i just typed positive and wizards in the same sentence,hehe...but anyhow they play detroit and i don't care if they lose by fifty,i just want the kid[rui]to ball out-i hope he drops forty on em!!

What you want to see is the team trending toward consistency. They've had some flashes of being a good team but then they flip over like a turtle and can't seem to sustain it. I think your GM is the problem. Ernie may have sucked but I'm not sure if Sheppard has a direction for the team. Russ is providing all of the highlights. With Rui playing well, I'd think that you guys should be a lot better. How long before Beal comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I JUST QUESTION THE TIMING, JUST LIKE WITH COSBY WHEN HIS SHOW WAS CARRYING[NBC]THEY PROTECTED HIM[what you think they didn't know??]WE ALL KNOW HOW IT GOES[keep making us money and we got your back]WELL THE DUDE WANTS OUT AND THEY PULL THE PLUG, YOUNG WITH TOO MUCH MONEY AND TOO MUCH TEMPTATION[of course he did some of it]AGAIN HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF, YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD LEARN BY NOW, AND OF COURSE HE WON'T BE THE LAST.
    The timing was suspect for me, too at first. I have no doubt there were rumors floating around the front office that were ignored. At first, I thought that the team was behind the initial lawsuits but it doesn't make sense. If they think they're going to lose him, they'd want to keep his reputation pristine to get the best return in a trade. So even though I believe the team knew about it, they're going to be screwed because they have $40 million of their reduced salary cap invested in a guy that might be suspended for multiple games following an investigation. And if we're being honest, if most of this turns out to be true, how do you bring him back? His career might be over.

By the way, moe... Martavis Bryant just signed with an Arena League team. Life comes at you fast, huh?