[REMOVE ADS]

Page 79 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 69 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Now that I am fully awake let me also add, as someone who is in a high risk group, having the man sprout conspiracy theories pisses me off beyond pissitivity. That is a lot more dangerous than his semantics or "lie" about whether he was vacinated or not, which I truly found highly suspect anyway. He put a lot of people at risk but from where I sit he did more damage with the crap he stated in the interview.
    Pissitivity, Ms M? I like that word

I'm trying to clear the cobwebs from my brain...it was a late night. And thanks for the congrats, Ms M & Jerry. I may say more later about the game.

I'm with Jerry. Rodgers down & out lied. But, I get what you're saying, Ms M. It's those words that came out of his mouth. Why wouldn't he just come out & say he's "allergic to the vaccine." Well, the jury is still out on that. I want to know how HE KNOWS he's allergic to that vaccine. And, although the health care company dropped him as a long time "cover boy" State Farm has not. Yes, you're right....$$$ talks.

I'm sure I'll think of more to say once the coffee says so.........

Now that I am fully awake let me also add, as someone who is in a high risk group, having the man sprout conspiracy theories pisses me off beyond pissitivity. That is a lot more dangerous than his semantics or "lie" about whether he was vacinated or not, which I truly found highly suspect anyway. He put a lot of people at risk but from where I sit he did more damage with the crap he stated in the interview.
    I haven't shared this on SDF, but 51 weeks ago today, my father died of COVID. He checked into the hospital for general weakness and was tested negative upon arrival. Five days later, he was about to be released to a rehab facility and when they tested him again, he was positive. He expired four days later. Anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, COVID-deniers, and Deplorables in general can all go to hell for the danger that they put the rest of us in. If one person somewhere in the chain had taken it more seriously, I'm convinced my Dad would be with me today. I have zero time for Aaron Rodgers and I give not one damn about a man who has access to the best medical advice available and chooses to be a lying butthole. I'm glad he pulled the scab off of his politics and ratty behavior so that we can all see him for who he is. Howard Stern said it best yesterday when he said the next time Rodgers is injured on the field, instead of trusting team doctors to help him get well, he needs to call Joe Rogan, who he trusts more than medical professionals.

This country needs an enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I haven't shared this on SDF, but 51 weeks ago today, my father died of COVID. He checked into the hospital for general weakness and was tested negative upon arrival. Five days later, he was about to be released to a rehab facility and when they tested him again, he was positive. He expired four days later. Anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, COVID-deniers, and Deplorables in general can all go to hell for the danger that they put the rest of us in. If one person somewhere in the chain had taken it more seriously, I'm convinced my Dad would be with me today. I have zero time for Aaron Rodgers and I give not one damn about a man who has access to the best medical advice available and chooses to be a lying butthole. I'm glad he pulled the scab off of his politics and ratty behavior so that we can all see him for who he is. Howard Stern said it best yesterday when he said the next time Rodgers is injured on the field, instead of trusting team doctors to help him get well, he needs to call Joe Rogan, who he trusts more than medical professionals.

This country needs an enema.
    Jerry, I think I remember when your father passed. But I really can't recall if you said the cause at the time. Again, my heartfelt sympathy for you & your family. But, your post says it all IMHO......

Hi Moe,

Pisstivity is one of those slang words that’s been around for years. I like it too.

Everyone in the Packers organization knew Rodgers wasn’t vaccinated and I’m convinced the NFL and NFLPA knew as well. Although it may have been a few who ratted him out, the ones that kept their mouth shut are just as culpable as he is however, it was Rodgers that chose to spread misinformation about this deadly virus and that’s more egregious and unforgivable to me.

Sunday was All Saints Sunday at my church where we honored members from our church or family of church members who have passed away this year. There were fourteen names on the roll, seven of those fourteen died from Covid, six were from the same family, and the youngest member left behind a 5 year old, and three year old. None of them were vaccinated. Don’t know if they had planned on it or not but for whatever reason they were not vaccinated.

State Farm’s refusal to walk away says volumes to me about how they view Rodgers as an influencer. Lied, not lied, misinformed, evaded the truth etc., about his vaccination status… do I really care? No! Choosing to spread misinformation to assuage ones overblown ego or just plain ignorance about a deadly virus…THAT I CARE ABOUT!!!!!!!!

I’m willing to concede your point as well as Jerry Oz but is it really the most important issue of this madness, especially since so many people KNEW he wasn’t vaccinated, people who were more at risk than us and didn’t speak up for what ever reason?

I also take offense at him dragging MLK into this. Not only did he misquote him but took the meaning of his words out of context. The quote comes from a 1963 letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. from a Birmingham jail.

“One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

The entire letter can be found at the link below:

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Article...irmingham.html
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-09-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Jerry Oz, I wrote the above this morning before I saw your post but I can not express how hearbroken I am to hear about the pain you and your family have/are going through over the death of your father that was very possibly and probably preventable.

The mis-information train is the reason for a large percentage of the deaths this country [[and I'm sure beyond) have seen because of Covid, which I hope after reading what I wrote explains why I don't give a good eff about whether he lied , parsed words or whatever. It's totally irrrleavant to me. The BS...is in another category all to itself, a category that people will continue to believe and die from because of people like Rodgers spreading it.

Please know your family will be in my thought and prayers. It's a perfuntory thing to say to people but it's from my heart!
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-09-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks, my friends. We're in a truly troubling time.

Meanwhile, back to our regularly scheduled program:

Moe, what do you think about that taunting call that saved the Burgh last night? The ref said he didn't throw the flag because the player bumped him but I'm pretty sure he did. Otherwise, why'd he wait until he was almost to the sideline before calling the penalty. That seemed shady IMO, but it doesn't matter how you get the W, only that you get it.

Damn I fell asleep before that all happened. I'm confused, so why did he get a taunting penalty?

But you're right the win is in the books but people have a lot more respect for Fields after last night so it wasn't all in vain!

If I'm not mistaken Jerry, Marsh was once a member of the Steelers last year but it didn't work out. I think Marsh bumped the ref on his way to the side lines. But taunting? Really? All three of us can use better examples of "Taunting 101."
    But the Steelers have GOT to play better!!!
    And while I'm sitting at Heinz Sunday you two are going to duke it out in Arlington!!

1. I'm happy we're home.
    2.Can't wait to find a reason to pretend last week never happened.

WHOAAAAAAAA...MS M WHAT HAPPENED??? HOW DID YOUR[BOYZ]LOSE THAT ONE? OH WELL STUFF HAPPENS RIGHT? AS FOR MY MISERY,BRADY WILL THROW FOR FIVE HUNDRED YARDS AND SIX TOUCHDOWNS BEFORE THE NATIONAL ANTHEN IS FINISHED...BUTT ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE..MY GIZZARDS ARE STILL WINNING...[of course they'll lose ten in a row somewhere down the line]BUT FOR NOW IT'S ALL GOOD..SMILE MS M,YOUR[BOYZ]WILL STILL WALZT TO THE EAST TITLE.

Glad you're here Jai. I've missed ya!

To be honest I'm a little gun shy about saying how my Boyz will end this season. I believe in 'em but still... ya just never know!

Ride and enjoy the Wizzard train until they kick ya off and leave ya sitting on the tracks. That's how I'm rolling these days. LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-10-2021 at 06:28 AM.

We should ALL keep remembering those three words we were just about slapped with a few days ago:
    ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    We should ALL keep remembering those three words we were just about slapped with a few days ago:
    ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!
    Tell that to Buffalo, because I think Jacksonville already read that memo.

I have to admit, Sunday was like freaky Friday. A few weeks ago when the Niners played the Cards, Jimmy G was hurt and their rookie [[Lance) and the Niners held the Cards to 17 points [[ the Cards had all their star players on the field). Sunday, the cards didn't have their star players on the field because of injury AND Colt McCoy....let me say that one more time, COLT FRIGGIN McCoy and all the Cards scrubs... kicked the Niners collective butts.
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-10-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Geez, Ms M, you're up early
    It's an open season out there. Any team can win, & [[with evidence) any team can lose. I think we'll see the front runners in a couple of weeks.

OBJ to the Patriots?

Just saw this........Packers fined 300k & Aaron Rodgers & receiver Allen Lazard $14,560 for breaking Covid protocols. They attended a Halloween party unvaccinated.

Geez, Ms M, you're up early
    It's a product of my getting old Moe.

I thought OBJ was going to the Seahawks. Who knows. shrugs

CeeDee Lamb has been fined close to 50k for taunting, illegal block, NOT TUCKING IN HIS JERSEY OR PULLING UP HIS SOCKS...seems fair Rodgers would get fined 14k for breaking Covid protocols multiple times....I can't find a big enough eye roll to accompany this.
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-10-2021 at 07:46 AM.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457923410533646345

Yo Moe. You know I love ya but seriously! LOL

Killing time until Sunday and saw this:

"The typical starting salary for a waterboy is $53,000 per year according to stack.com. However, with more experience one can earn a lot more than this. Waterboys are also provided with certain perks that can help push their salaries even higher."

Holy Oleo Batman!

However to be PC, shouldn't that be water person

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457923410533646345

Yo Moe. You know I love ya but seriously! LOL
    I will not make excuses, Ms M, but, if you could go back [& I did via DVR] look at Marsh in front of the Steeler bench. Must have been hard feelings being let go from us a few months ago. This is what Jerry & I were talking about. This taunting rule makes me smh.

Don't tape games but it sounds as if you're saying, Marsh gave the Terrible Towels bench the evil eye, the ref seemingly and purposefully throws himself into Marsh and booms goes the dynamite on Marsh........Otay. LOL

Ms M,

CeeDee Lamb gets fined $$$ for his clothing but Aaron Rodgers gets peanuts compared to that? Is this the craziest thing ever??

It's beyond the pale Moe!!!!!!

I love the game of football and I understand it's a business but to rephrase something I heard.... different sets of strokes, for different sets of folks. Same oh, same oh. shrugs

I'm doing football all day today and guess what I just heard, Justin Fields a rookie, is getting better at quarting backing by PLAYING quaterback! Name:  here-are-the-new-emojis-coming-to-the-iphone-2-21695-1481567985-0_dblbig.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  9.6 KB Who would have "thunk"

Who said that piece of wisdom?

Packers offering OBJ a "Veteran Minimum" contract??

Who said that piece of wisdom?
    Something I parahrased from one of the football shows. Can't remember which one. Been watching them all day. That reminds me.....LOL...I saw where Marsh was looking at the bench but Moe, he wasn't anywhere close to the bench. He was standing in the middle of the field AND DIDN'T SAY A WORD...but you know what I ain't mad at your Terrible Towels. We've had bad calls and gotten away with some calls too. LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-10-2021 at 03:29 PM.

"Veteran Minimum"...wow
    Don't get me wrong it's a lot of money but with the new CBA isn't that like plain minimum wage?

He's made decent money during his career and if he's been smart, he should be in a good place financially but that has to be a big OUCH to the ego!

Packers don't have that much to spend [Cap Space].....I'll bet there's some incentives in there. I think he may turn it down. But, they're a top tier team.

The Jags have money, although OBJ and Meyer would be a disaster waiting to happen. LOL

"Currently, only nine teams have the cap space to pick Beckham off of waivers, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter: Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Carolina, the Los Angeles Chargers, Pittsburgh, Washington and Cincinnati. Per another report from Schefter, Beckham is prepared to create “potential issues” for a team that claims him, if the team is not in playoff contention. According to FiveThirtyEight, the only team with over a 50 percent chance to make the playoffs that also has the money to add Beckham via waivers is the Chargers. For reference, the Packers are 1 of 13 teams who have over a 50 percent chance to make the playoffs at this point in time."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...clears-waivers

Your first sentence made me laugh, Ms M because it's so true!!

According to NFL.com OBJ is going to "take his time." Yawn.......

"Veteran Minimum"...wow
    Don't get me wrong it's a lot of money but with the new CBA isn't that like plain minimum wage?

He's made decent money during his career and if he's been smart, he should be in a good place financially but that has to be a big OUCH to the ego!
    He's still being paid by the Browns. Anything that he takes from another team is extra, so vet minimum isn't necessarily an insult. His next deal will be for more if he doesn't flame out with his new team.

Jerry , Cam Newton going back to the Panthers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    He's still being paid by the Browns. Anything that he takes from another team is extra, so vet minimum isn't necessarily an insult. His next deal will be for more if he doesn't flame out with his new team.
    That's better than I thought Jerry Oz. Thanks

Jerry , Cam Newton going back to the Panthers?
    He's had quite a few opportunities during his career. Hope this one works out for him.

Just read........OBJ to the LA Rams??

The nfl today is so soft compared to back in the day,yes i know times have changed and nobody can touch a qb, but dang..ms m remember the days when your[boyz]and my[wtf]would get together on a nice sunday afternoon,and after not shaking hands at the coin toss[hi diron and roger]they would knock the stuffings out of each other usually for little things like a division title and maybe a trip to the super bowl...the good old days when a rivelry was a rivelry!!!

So, R&B you don't think there are any rivalries that compare today?
    What about Steelers/Browns or Steelers/Ravens? Or Packers/Chicago?
    Just asking.......

Today...heck no with these rules...don't taunt,don't touch the qb, smile for the camera, domed stadiums[football is an outdoors game]those riveries still exist moe,but you know what i mean..i'm old school,back when those steelers linebackers would growl and take your head off if you dared run into em..that was football!!

HEY JERRY,I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS BUT THEM[defense playin]GIZZARDS ARE STILL WINNING[8-3]TIED FOR FIRST IN THE EAST,JERRY I AIN'T USED TO THIS,I KNOW IT'S VERY EARLY BUT I'M GETTING USED TO THEM WINNING[OPPS-did I say that out loud??]I HAD A NICE PAPER BAG ALL PICKED OUT FOR THIS SEASON, BUT I MAY NOT GET TO USE IT..HEY WAIT A MINUTE I CAN STILL WEAR IT ON SUNDAYS,THANKS JERRY, I KNEW THAT YOU WOULD HAVE THE ANSWER..YOU DA MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Today...heck no with these rules...don't taunt,don't touch the qb, smile for the camera, domed stadiums[football is an outdoors game]those riveries still exist moe,but you know what i mean..i'm old school,back when those steelers linebackers would growl and take your head off if you dared run into em..that was football!!
    Ya know, for someone who is constantly on the hooch you do make a lot of sense about it!!

Hi Jai,
    I remember when WTF....I mean WFT brutally took several of my Boyz heads off over the years [[only kinda sorta when we did the same to WFT....lol) but I also believe players need to be protected. But the NFL is a hypocrite with that as their excuse for implementing many of these rules.
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-11-2021 at 08:53 PM.

A big part of why rivalries aren't what they used to be is due to reallignment which took natural and historical rivals out of each other's crosshairs. Remember when the St. Louis Cardinals, Dallas, Washington, New York Giants and Philly were the NFC East? Cardinals shipped out to Arizona and took some historical vitriol along with them. The division hasn't been the same since.

How about the Falcons, Rams, Niners and Stains being the short-handed NFC West? Rams and Niners still hate each other and Stains and Falcons really can't stand each other to this day, but Carolina and Tompa Boo aren't on the same level as the old days. How in the world would anybody expect Indianapolis to form a serious rivalry with Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville? They're barely in the same country.

The closest thing to the old rivalries is the AFC North, NFC North and AFC East. They all have original divisional teams in them and coincidentally, they all have original franchise hate when they play each other.

Well that was another interesting game. I guess congrats to you Jerry. [[Enjoy a win while you can)

Great post and I had forgotten all about St. Louis.

"Tompa Boo" is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you still love me when **oops, I actually meant to type** if Atlanta beats Dallas on Sunday? I promise to be gracious in victory.

Asking for a friend...

LOL....I needed that laugh. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The Miracle of all miracles......Dolphins beat the Ravens!!! Steeler Twitter blew up faster than you could say free food!! That play near the goal line where [[Dolphins lineman 68 Hunt) would've been a TD had he been eligible. And wouldn't you know it; Steelers OLineman [& my personal fave] Kevin Dotson busts right through Twitter commenting about his college roommate [Hunt]. I have to replay this whole game.......