[REMOVE ADS]

Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 114 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,200 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

I'm not watching the game but I don't think Brady is happy right now. LOL
    Panthers 14 Bucs 0

Bucs finally got on the board with a FG
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-23-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Touchdown!!!!!!!

Wow, the Panthers are kicking butt. Bucs are going down today!!!! LOL

Touchdown!!!!!

I can admit we caught a break on that first interception that the folks in New York and the Refs let slide and the Lions ALMOST put on a good show.

BUT...
    Name:  today was a good day.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  49.9 KB
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-23-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Congratulations Ms M!!

Sorry about the Falcons, Jerry.
    I am not able to see any games since I’m traveling. But I see the scores.

Thanks Moe. Props to Cooper Rush for holding it down but it's good to have Dak back

I swear I feel like my post are disappearing.
    Congrats Jai, you called the score but for the wrong team. LOL

Sorry Jerry Oz. Tonight should be interesting though.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-23-2022 at 06:38 PM.

LOL. I'm actually okay with anything that happens this year for Atlanta. Of course, winning is much better than losing, but I'm well aware we're in the beginning of a rebuild and don't expect great results for at least two years. For now, I can bite my lip and try to convince myself that losing in 2022 improves our draft position to put a better team on the field in 2023.

Since I didn't throw a remote or put a hole in the wall, I think my rationalization is working for now. I really hate losing without putting up a fight, though. Hopefully, we'll see something much better next week.

Hopefully, I'm splitting wins this week. My brother asked me over to watch at his place tonight but seeing as I'm a bad person to watch an Atlanta or Miami game with and he's a worse person to watch a Steelers game with, I'd suggest that viewing the contest from our respective domiciles would be the best thing for our relationship. How sad is that?

Jerry Oz it may be sad but it made me LOL. Trust and believe I know exactly how you guys feel!!!!

It's really okay because I lowered my expectations before the season. I'm just happy that our division sucks so badly right now, we're still in first place and look just as likely to win as anybody else. Didn't see that plot twist coming when I watched the trailer for this movie! Don't get me wrong, though: I really Really REALLY want to win and make the playoffs this year and every loss still feels like I'm sitting on thumbtacks. With that being said, we've been kicking the can down the road for five years and finally have a young team that looks like it's going to develop into something special. I can wait for it to happen as long as I live long enough.

I'm more concerned about Miami right now because we're in the end phases of the rebuild and between injuries and the drama in South Beach, my nerves are pretty much shot. I should really quit the NFL and find a nice pickleball team to root for.

I'm enjoying the KC/Niners game and must say impressed with McCafferty. 72 hours after being traded he shows up and shows out! If he can stay healthy under Kyle's coaching he may end up being worth what the Niners gave up to get him. However, KC is winning and I'm still having a good day!

LOL....naaaw stick with football...it'll keep you young.

I love it when a team sucks the air out of Levi's Stadium. Go KC. hahaha!

I honestly can't see Kyle and Jimmy G pulling this out of the fire. It must really suck to be a Niners fan. HAHA

Ironically I really have been Waiting All Day for Sunday Night. Still staying neutral though so good luck to you guys and may the best playing team [[tonight) win. See ya shortly.

Damn! I remember the 72 Dolphins AND that Super Bowl Game. I feel old but I'm still here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    LOL....naaaw stick with football...it'll keep you young.
    If staying young was my priority, I would have found two less stressful teams to root for! Or, at least just one. Thankfully, the Fins are showing up in the first quarter, so I might just be stoopid enough to get my hopes up.*

*That never ends well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Damn! I remember the 72 Dolphins AND that Super Bowl Game. I feel old but I'm still here!!!!
    I became a Dolphins fan the year before. My brother and I were snooping before Christmas 1970 and found an electric football set under Mom and Dad's bed. The two teams were Cleveland and Miami.

"I've got Cleveland!" I shouted, thinking he would argue with me, but he gladly let me have the Browns. Cleveland was Dad's favorite team and by default, we were technically Browns fans. I was curious why I finally won an argument.

"Miami's a lot better than Cleveland. I want them anyway," he said. To that point in time, I didn't even know that Miami had a football team. I decided to watch them that season and yeah, they were good enough to get to the Super Bowl and lose to... Well, you know who beat them. The next season, they were my first favorite team and they won consecutive Super Bowls in '73 and '74.

Dear heart PLEASE. We didn't just beat them we kicked their @#$. LOL
    Anyhoo and moving right along. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and it seems to me, both sides are definitely in it to win it. We shall see how it all plays out.

Rodgers got heart...hahahaha...does he REALLY believe he can beat the Bills the way he and the Packers have been playing? Yeah, yeah, Any Given Sunday but Aaron P-L-E-A-S-E-!

Speaking of consecutive Super Bowls. It's been awhile but I remember what that feels like but if we could get just one sometime soon, I would be an insufferable happy camper.

Not taking sides or anything. I'm only making an observation... ump, ump ump...luvs me some eye candy!!!! hahahaha

You can't break a habit overnight.

WOW...that was a good game. Sorry Moe, too many missed opportunities.
    Congrats Jerry, ya Dolphins "did good" LOL

I will say this though, it would have been nice to see Flores get a win ...just on GP.

Was it just me or did Tua throw in "my wife" as an after thought. LOL

Name:  Good Night My Friends.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  31.2 KB

He dropped it in the interview tonight and I took notice. That's actually the first time he mentioned her without prompting. He got married about two months ago and when the media asked about it, he requested they respect his privacy and not question him about his private life. They've been good about leaving it alone.

Notes:
    * Coach's decision not to kick that field goal was a huge mistake. Could have gone up by two scores, but we wound up sweating the entire second half out. He just admitted that it was a bad decision and that the team bailed him out.
    * Miami only had three cornerbacks tonight. I think Pittsburgh was smart to put four receivers out to take advantage of it.
    * I'm glad we won, but it honestly only feels like a win in the standings, not on the football field. Had I watched it with my brother, he probably would disinvite me from all future events at his house because we might have fought.
    * It was Tua's ugliest game this season. He had three horrible passes that should have been interceptions and I'm glad the Steelers decided not to catch them. He admitted in the presser his timing was off after being out for three weeks. I think he bounces back next week.
    * Defense on both sides played very well tonight. Especially in the second half. It was ugly unless you appreciate good defensive play. By far, Miami's best defensive game of the season.
    * I'm too wired up to sleep tonight. I watched the whole game like this:

I agree with not kicking the field goal was a bad decision but it's nice to hear a coach admit he was wrong. Being around Kyle taught McDaniel what not to do. LOL

If a team does enough to win a game, they've done well my son. HAHAHA

I enjoyed the game. I thought it would be a runaway snooze fest at first but the Steelers kept your guys on their toes. Obviously they ended up making more mistakes but with a little more seasoning and growth their young QB could end up being a beast. imho

Moe, close but no cigar and I KNOW that sucks {for a sec I was even having Boyz flash backs} but I also saw signs of life so keep on holding on!

We’ll, back to the drawing board….shrug
    And congratulations Jerry.

Thanks, Moe. My brother has complained for weeks that your offensive coordinator continually calls run plays on the first play of Steelers' series and that it's so obvious, teams automatically load up the box to stop it. Hate to say it, but that's what happened last night, too. I could understand it if the line was springing Najee for 6-8 yards, but that's not the case. I can understand Steeler Nation's frustration with him.

With that being said, it's clear that he made an adjustment after the first quarter that put you guys in the game. As mentioned before, the Fins only had three cornerbacks, so I would have split out four receivers and trust Pickett to make his reads. He was killing us with 5-7 yard passes and struggled when going downfield. I'm just a casual fan, but IMO, I would have kept doing what worked well until the safeties were forced to abandon the back of the field. Then, I would have started to throw deeper passes. Especially after Brandon Jones got hurt.

The good news is that Pickett is definitely not the problem in Pittsburgh, so things are looking up.

As it turns out, the play that McDaniel called was right as long as Chase Edmonds had made the correct read. Instead of running around the edge and probably scoring, he tucked up in the middle of the pile and lost a yard. Coach did well not to throw him under the bus.

I am not, nor will I ever be as knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game as you are Jerry Oz but I have a question. Not trying to be cantankerous or anything just trying to understand why you now feel McDaniel made the right call.

called was right as long as Chase Edmonds had made the correct read
    What would you say were the percentages of making the field goal vs the percentages of a player making the correct read?

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter since it worked out for the Dolphins in the end and I can admit there are chances I would like to see coaches take even against all odds but I'm really curious about this one.

They should have kicked the field goal to take a two score lead. Probably the only person who thought it was a good idea to go for it in the moment was McDaniel himself. He even said that his analytic advisers were in his ear telling him that there were decent odds of success on the conversion but they were shouting at him to kick the field goal but he went with his gut and made a bad call. Personally, I'm just glad he didn't double down to justify it the way John Harbaugh did a couple of weeks ago and think he won't make the same mistake again.

I was sure they were going to try to draw the defense offsides and then take a timeout. I definitely was ready to throw something at the TV when it failed.

My bad Moe...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Who knew? Well, in honor of your special day:

Thanks Ms M & Jerry. Westgrand posted it on the Birthday Thread. Still out of town & have seen no sports except the pic of Bellicheat after his team’s loss….haha.

I enjoyed that game. Justin Fields had his best game and the Patriots proved that the old saying is true: If you have more than one starting quarterback, you don’t have a starting quarterback.

It took four weeks for the fans to turn against former rookie Pro Bowler Mac Jones. I love it.

I ain't happy, yeah we won but tried to give it away with those stupid penalties, it's bad when a victory is seen as just luck...this team sucks...sigh!!!!

I don't know, Holmski. This year is a season where I'm glad for any win and in any way I can get it. Both of my teams have had close ugly wins and I'm glad about it. Including last Sunday night.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, he should have stayed retired!!!

First time in 20 years he's on a 3 game losing streak!
    Yep, time to go........

Tom Brady is now the most sacked QB in NFL history [[555). He was sacked on back-to-back plays, both by Justin Houston. Ben Roethlisberger held the record previously.

..and someone commented...

Probably got a roughing the passer called on about 398 of them.

LOL

I don't usually say this but: Go Ravens!!!!

I'm so happy that the Ravens beat them!! Losing wife? Ok. Losing games? Well, that's happening when you extend your time in the NFL.
    Get out now...

I agree Moe. It's actually rather sad. Although I can appreciate someone who loves the game but at the expense of your family? Really?

Well, if the Falcons can beat Carolina, they'll be in sole possession of first place in the South. It's a big "if", since the coach is afraid to let the quarterback pass the ball. But it'd be amazing if the team with the media's consensus worst roster was to have a shot at the playoffs halfway through the season. Almost as amazing as being about 20 points short of a 6-1 record [or 0-7]. Win the games you need to win and good things happen.

It's funny.......your coach is afraid to let the QB pass.
    My OC game plan is predictable to a dead person.
    And our "famous couple" is divorced.....who's gonna be there when Brady is done with football [maybe forced due to injury]. The way he wants to play his kids will be grown up in college! Maybe it'll be a 20y/o cheerleader for him.

My OC game plan is predictable to a dead person.
    HAHAHA... sorry Moe but that was funny and cold!!!!

Ms M, you know me..........I can't help myself [enter Four Tops]...

Why oh why would any sane network put the[noaccountcantplaydefensecantcoach]gizzards on national tv???? Maybe it was on a dare[hehe]...now as for my other pain in the patuty, my main man heineky will put up 21 but as he does late in the game he'll toss a costly interception and the colts will win...24-21...i can't believe i'm about to type this but here goes...ms m-i kinda get the feeling that your[boyz]will meet the eagles down the road in the[nfc]championship game, because that's th eonly thing that will save mccarthy's job, if he goes and sean payton comes to dallas....they become a dynasty...that's the way i see it and now i'm gonna go into the shed and get good and drunk...one day my great-great grandkids will see a winner in football in d.c. And basketball, it'll be glorious..hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... .sigh!!!!

Are we ready for some football?