[REMOVE ADS]

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Results 2,951 to 2,966 of 2966

Thread: Yo... Moe

I agree. There's no more reason to retire his number now than there was when he retired 50 years ago. This is just a PR move to distract away from calls to change the name, which are going to be coming hard and heavy very soon.

Looks like the Quizzards are going to be toast when the tournament opens at the end of July:

Wizards' Davis Bertans will sit out NBA restart in Orlandoplay
    11:13 AM ET
    Adrian WojnarowskiTim Bontemps
    With a looming free agency, Washington Wizards forward Davis Bertans -- a Most Improved Player candidate for the 2019-2020 season -- will sit out the NBA's restart in Orlando, Florida, as a preventive measure, sources told ESPN.

Bertans, 27, is on the cusp of a lucrative, long-term contract and has had two previous ACL injuries.

As an organization, the Wizards are fully supportive of his decision to stay back from the league's 22-team restart and remain determined to sign him in free agency, sources said.

In Washington this season, Bertans posted career highs across the board, including points (15.9) and minutes (29.3) while shooting 42.4% from 3-point range on over eight attempts per game, making himself one of the best sixth men in the NBA.

If beal had any sense he would sit out too,they won't win more than two of the eight games.

If that. Don't forget that the bottom 8 teams are staying home, so the games should all be competitive. Bertans' loss is huge. I read where Avery Bradley's not coming back for the Lakers either, but other than chemistry and defense, he's not nearly as important as Bertans is for Washington.

They should just cancel the whole thing,if two teams have to quarentine the season is shot,put an asterisk on it.

Fellow nfl fans the great offensive line coach of the redskins[joe bugel]recently passed away,he put together one of the greatest o-lines in nfl history..the hogs..r.i.p.

RIP, Joe Bugel. The Hogs were the foundation of those great teams. Washington had two of the greatest position groups (with the greatest nicknames) in history between the Hogs and the Smurfs. My Fins had the No Name Defense in the '70s and the Killer Bs in the '80s. Falcons had the Gritz Blitz but it didn't ring with anybody outside of Atlanta.

The greatest names for position groups were the Steel Curtain (hi moe!), the Purple People Eaters, the Smurfs and the Hogs.

Hey jerry,the[fearsome foursome-l.a.rams]were pretty good too!

How could I forget? Deacon Jones came up with the word "sack" and was a beast on a beastly defensive line. It's something that Merlin Olson, Rosey Grier and Deacon Jones all went on to be known as well off the field as they were known on it. That's life as a stud athlete in Los Angeles. All of those groups earned their names with outstanding play.

Well it seems like they finally got through to danny snyder...[they hit him in his pockets]after vowing never to change the team name,the search is underway for a new name-warriors-presidents-generals-redtails-monuments[the one i like]all of a sudden folks are jumping off the name[redskins]like it contains covid 19,i feel foolish because i have the posters,ect on my wall and also the -jerseys,hats while knowing that the name is racist,but at the same time it's my home team,but i'm glad they're gonna change it.

Hey jerry,bradley beal announced that he's not playing in the wizards little season,he's injured and he's right not to play...of course they won't win a game now but who cares,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Wow. They are so toast. You're right, without Beal and Bertans, they can barely put five decent players on the court.

Every game a blowout....ouch!!

Nah, if y'all play the Sixers, I'll bet you get us. We always play down to teams that we should blow out while playing tough against good teams.

You know better than that,unless i put the chucks back on who's gonna score-heheheheehhe!!!

Rui, is going to be your go-to player. He might establish himself as a future star by keeping the Quizzards in a few games.