[REMOVE ADS]

Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 42 82 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 102 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,600 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

What a weekend! The KC vs Buffalo game was as good as the Las Vegas vs Chargers game two weeks ago. Next week will be exciting.

My husband & I sat here this weekend & watched all four games. Well, yesterday what could we do since we got an additional six inches of snow on top of that storm this past week. I agree Jerry....we were not disappointed at all!! The only thing was that I wanted Buffalo to win. The other three I was happy.

There are two things I found interesting. First, I was surprised about the reaction of Mike Hilton [Bengals] by Steelers fans on Twitter. They never [according to the sportswriters] offered him a contract to stay [because of salary cap issues] & decided to pay Derek Watt & Zach Banner, 1 of which usually only plays special teams [Watt] & 1 of which didn't really play at all this year [recovering from ACL the previous year]. I always thought him to be a good nickel back. So, he took a nice offer from the Bengals. Who can blame him? Financial security for himself & his family. So when he got that pic some people were not nice at all. What do you expect? It's a business.......

And, did you see the reaction AB put out there about the Tampa Bay's loss?

First time since 2009 that Brady & Rogers are NOT in the conference championship.

I'm not keen on the Hilton situation. And although I heard AB made a statement about the Bucs losing, I'm just not to the point where I care about anything that tool does anymore. He's now burned his relationship with every team that was stupid enough to put millions in his bank account. I'd wager there's never been a more entitled and undignified pro athlete.

I'm no AB fan but it was vintage AB.......
    He'll have to deal with the repercussions of his own actions.

Wow,that chiefs-bills game was a classic, green bay is toast cause rogers ain't coming back, don't ignore the bengles..the playoffs are just warming up!!

Oh are they ever, R&B!! That SF/LA game should be something, too!

I did see where TJ Watt got AFC Defensive Player of the Year!

A-A-Ron isn't going anywhere. I never thought he would. He's a posturing great-but-somehow-still-overrated-blowhard. He complained that the team didn't ask for his input on how the roster was built, yet somehow, every season, they're a top-4 team in the NFC. Where's he going where they can put a better team around him? He needs to sit down and shut up. Good for T.J. Watt.

Should be some good games this weekend. Buffalo's going to follow Tennessee's example and try to put Burrow into the dirt early and often. I'd like to see the Bengals play the Niners again.

There's so much negativity among Steelers fans about the Bengals. Mike Hilton contributed to some of it, plus when Ben got hurt in Cincinnati he was being carted off & they threw garbage at him. SMH.

Being a Pittsburgh girl I'm for Aaron Donald.

And rumors may confirm what I said earlier: Byron Leftwich to the Jags. We'll see.

And what about the circus of AB now telling anyone who'd listen that he now wants to play with Lamar Jackson? Plus, he may "sue the Bucs for defamation?"

I guess all I want are this weekend's games to be as good as this past weekend.

No way we get the quality of games we had last weekend, moe. Four epic games is as many as we could hope for in an entire postseason. Maybe one will be that good, though.

And I'm not going to ask if you noticed the pejorative that trended for Big Ben on Twitter after he bowed out. Suffice it to say, fans never forget and grudges don't tend to ease.

He was never a favorite of mine either [[personality & off the field "stuff").But, in his prime he could control a 2 minute drill very well. I would give the same advice to him as to Brady: Get out now while you're still somewhat intact & enjoy your children.

It might be too late for Ben. He's taken a heckuva lot of hits over the years and I think he knows it. He's been kind of mellow and more introspective in the past couple of years. I pray that I'm wrong, but I think he's going to have some serious physical and cognitive issues in the next decade or so. He was built like a tank, but he's only human.

Too bad they didn't change rules to protect him like they did for Tom Terrific. My wife thinks Brady's going to quit after last week, but I'm betting his inner narcissist won't allow him to quit now.

I'm with you, Jerry. I don't think Brady will. Not even if his wife puts her designer foot down.

By the way, Jerry, rumor has it that Stephon Tuitt has sold his suburban Pittsburgh home. Could this mean he is packing up & out of the Steelers & football forever?

He's going into his contract year, so he's probably getting the team's attention to begin a new deal. Also, being in his 6th or 7th season, he might be selling assets in a seller's market to feather his eventual retirement nest. I doubt he's leaving Pittsburgh or the NFL any time soon.

JERRY, BY NOW I KNOW YOU SAW THAT SAD DISPLAY BY THOSE- goodfornothingcantplaycantshootcantcoachaintgonnae verbeanythingbutsorry-GIZZARDS...BLOW A THIRTY FIVE POINT LEAD??? WHAT THE HELL???? I'M THROUGH, CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE OF THIS CRAP FROM GUYS WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING.. I SHOUDA KNOWN BETTER THAN TO TRUST THIS BUNCH OF CLOWNS, THEY NEED TO BLOW THIS TEAM UP-NOW!!!!!!! TED, SELL THIS TEAM TO SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING BECAUSE YOU SURE AS HELL DON'T!!!

Yeah, I wasn't going to bring it up... That's either going to make your team better or much worse. You're going to learn a lot in the next couple of weeks. If it makes it easier, the Clippers came back from 20 points down to Denver [a team I like] a couple of weeks ago and then came back from 24 points down against the Sixers [my favorite team] last week. They're just that team this year.

And......Ben Rothlisberger officially retires.

There are already rumors that A-A-Ron will be choosing between Pittsburgh, Denver and returning to Green Bay.

From the Columbus Dispatch:
    Report: Ex-Buckeye Dwayne Haskins has 'caught the eye' of Steelers coach Mike Tomlin
    Chris Pugh
    The Columbus Dispatch

The Pittsburgh Steelers have big shoes to fill with the expected retirement of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

A former Ohio State quarterback may be the one to fill them.

The team has reportedly told Dwayne Haskins that he would be involved in a competition for the starting quarterback job next season.

In addition, NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport reported this week that Haskins has "caught the eye" of Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin.

"They’re guys that started,” Tomlin said of Haskins and Rudolph during a press conference this week. “I wouldn’t characterize them as everyday starters ... And so they’ll be given an opportunity to establish themselves, and there’s going to be competition.”

“I definitely feel like I can be a starter in this league,” Haskins said in media availability this week. “I got drafted for that reason. I really believe I have the talent to. I believe I can play with the best of them. I really just haven't put it all together yet. And I know I have to do that if I want to put myself in a position to play."

Haskins went 3-10 in Washington as a starter. Earlier this season, a report surfaced saying that coaches questioned his competitive drive.

Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Dwayne Haskins Jr. [[7) celebrates following the Buckeyes' 28-23 victory against the Washington Huskies in the 105th Rose Bowl Game on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. [Joshua A. Bickel/Dispatch]
    Before the NFL, Dwayne Haskins was a star for Ohio State
    At Ohio State, Haskins played 22 games in two seasons.

For the Buckeyes, he completed 70 percent of his passes for 4,831 yards, 54 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

He threw 50 touchdowns in 2018, his lone starting season and won several Big Ten conference awards and was named a finalist for the Maxwell Award and Heisman Trophy.

More about Dwayne Haskins struggles with Washington Football Team
    For the Washington Football Team, Haskins played in 16 games over two seasons, starting 13. He completed 60.1 percent of his passes for 2,804 yards and 12 touchdowns with 14 interceptions.

Against the Cleveland Browns on Sept. 27, Haskins threw for 224 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. The Browns turned each one of those interceptions into a touchdown and beat Washington 34-20.

He was released less than 24 hours after he had three turnovers in a loss to Carolina and committed a COVID-19 violation.
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...bPojF1aii-SrBg

Wouldn't it be something if Haskins hit in Pittsburgh? He has the talent, but as Jai could tell you, he can't stay out of his own way. That sounds a lot like the guy who just quit the job. Hoping the kid can figure it out.

I would like to see that, too. Kid needs to catch a break. Hopefully he can with his arm.
    It has been rumored Denver may draft Pitt's Kenny Pickett. Who knows?

And didn't I say above that Byron Leftwich would be Jacksonville's new head coach?

Yep. Teams are starting to announce their coaching hires. Bears hired Colts DC Matt Eberflus. Packers' OC Nathaniel Hackett is now coach in Denver. Josh McDaniels will interview for the Raiders, but why would anybody offer him the job after what he did with the Colts a few years ago? I'm putting my money on Brian Flores as coach of the Giants and a lot of people think Bills OC Brian Daboll is going to Miami, although I personally want Niners OC Mike McDaniel.

Dan Quinn announced he'll be back as the Cowboys' DC. Curiously, Eric Bienemy will once again be passed over by a bunch of teams. I'm thinking he's going to be Andy Reid's heir apparent in Kansas City.

That's a distinct possibility. How long will Andy Reid continue?

Josh McDaniels did the Colts dirty. I would never interview him. How long does he want to ride BB's coattails? He's gonna wait.....& wait....

No one has said anything about the Giants yet. We'll see.....

I am very surprised: I thought Byron Leftwich to the Jags was a done deal. Now I hear he will interview with the Saints.

Brian Flores is interviewing with the Stains as well. Looks like Brian Daboll is negotiating with the Giants, so he's out in South Beach. I want Niners OC Mike McDaniel anyway. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is dragging out the process with a week between interviews and it may have cost them Daboll, who was/is scheduled for a second interview next week. It's possible they already know who they want, but they might wind up settling for their third or fourth pick. Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

And Brian Daboll is the new head coach of the Giants.

It's official: Kevin Colbert is out after the 2022 draft. But they are starting to interview now.

Josh McDaniels leaving the Pats to coach the Raiders. Looks like Belichick is going to be around for awhile and he decided to seek greener pastures. Let's see if things go better there than when he was in Denver.

After that incident in Indy I'm not sure I would hire McDaniels. What took him so long to realize BB isn't going anywhere?

The first question I'd ask him in an employment interview would be what he was thinking when he wasted a first round pick on Tebow in Denver. That would seriously make me question his talent evaluation prowess. No disrespect to Tebow, either. It's just that he was at best, a third round talent, and reaching for him set Denver back for years. He can probably make David Carr a better QB, though.

Boy, that seems so long ago.......
    I'm still thinking Denver will draft Kenny Pickett
    What has happened to Brian Flores?

Flo is interviewing with New Orleans after falling off everybody else's radar. There was a lot of chatter about him signing with New York before Daboll got that job. He interviewed with Chicago before anyone else, I believe. I think he's an assertive guy and some teams can't handle a Black man who comes across in such a strong way. That may have contributed to his problems in Miami, even though the main reason he was fired was for butting heads with GM Chris Grier, who is also an assertive Black man. I'm hoping Flo's flameout doesn't cost Grier his job at the end of the year.

Well, one week away and someone learned that the WFT has registered "Washington Commanders" on a website. Not sure why they're not sticking with Football Team.

Yep,looks like commanders is it,oh well it's better than [redwings]or whatever they were gonna do with[red] i just want a decent qb and some wins.

They should have gone with Maroon Marines. Pays honor to a branch of the military while popularizing the team colors.

Commanders? Ha.....that's what I guessed & told all of you!
    A rare right for me

But ya know something gang, i'm gonna treat it as a new era in d.c. sports and pray that they don't muck it up...go commanders!!

I sure hope so, R&B. But it starts at the top.

Well, how 'bout that? The Chiefs are eliminated!!!!!
    Congrats to the Bengals!!!!!!

And the legend of Joe Burrow continues. Seems like a really good dude. I remember when he signed with Ohio State after a legendary high school career that led to him entering college as a three star recruit. I'm pulling for him, regardless of who wins the NFC.

There's so much negativity on Twitter from Steelers fans about supporting the Bengals [like "don't you dare"]. Look what this team has done in the past 2 years!!
    And let's see if the deep monetary investment that the Rams made pays off.....

The Rams completely inorganic way of team building is off putting for me. I'd hate to see them field a team constructed like a Madden roster and win a Super Bowl. If they don't do it, I'd suspect their window will be very short because there is no way all that experienced talent isn't putting their salary cap under deep water very soon. The Bengals did it with young talent and smart drafting. Their window is open until Burrow and Chase get their second deals, which will mean they have to find cheaper parts to place around them. They can be good for years to come.

Brady to retire….. he says so this time.

And Brian Flores suing the NFL for discrimination….this will be interesting!

Man, Flo causes me the most angst of any figure in the NFL. His apparent obsession with DeShaun Watson probably is a large reason why the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs. Especially when he turned his claws on Tua, which I'll never understand. But then, he took over directly running the defense and the team pulled a Jeckyl & Hyde and was actually strong over the last half of the season.

Before that, he punked Kenny Stills for taking a knee. Even to the point that he played five Kanye West songs in a row during practice after Kanye showed his *** regarding player protests a few years ago. Then, he traded Stills to Houston. Now, Flo's taking a knee himself and is on the other side of that divide, even though we all know he's going to be whitelisted and lose his career.

I both love and hate this dude. More love right now, though.

There's more to this story, let's hope we all find out.

Now, Hue Jackson is saying that he was offered money to throw games in Cleveland. Let's hope both of them have receipts.

I sure hope so, too, Jerry. I just saw an interview with Flores. I think he said if this hurts his chances to coach in the NFL then so be it. But he wants accountability. The other person who would be disappointed in all of this? Dan Rooney, if he were still alive.

The Rooney Rule was always a sham. Teams would interview lower-level coaches on their own staffs to comply with it sometimes. Nobody supposes that their 2nd year running backs coach will likely land the job, but since they were Black, Brown or other POC, they complied with the letter of the rule, if not the spirit. Now, we're looking at Mike Tomlin being the only Black head coach, with Ron Rivera being the only other minority in a coaching position. If we're to accept that to be the chips falling where they may, that literally means no Black coach is good enough to head a team besides Tomlin. And Tomlin, if I recall correctly, almost lost the job until Rooney reconsidered. I thought it was all but offered to Ken Whisenhunt or Russ Grimm until the old man made one of the best business decisions in his life and gave it to Tomlin. Shame on this league.

Tomlin's initial interview with the Rooneys was discussed recently on Twitter. Yes, you are right; Whisenhunt & Grimm were thought to have been favorites for the job. According to one of the sportswriters Tomlin came so well prepared for the interview that he already had a first year plan written [for the team] & ready to go. I know Dan Rooney had the best intentions. But, you're right.....it has turned into a sham.

I see such talented possibilities like Byron Leftwich, Raheem Morris, & yes, Flores. And I was wrong in that Leftwich didn't get the head coaching job in Jacksonville.....it went to Doug Pederson.

A few weeks ago NFL Channel had the replay of the Steelers/ Cardinals Super Bowl [in honor of the retirement of Rothlisberger) & the Cardinal's coach was Ken Whisenhunt & the OC of the Steelers was Bruce Arians. How times have changed!

Most believe that Mike McDaniel [Niners OC] will be offered Miami's job after this weekend. If he'll take it. Although he looks bright and light and, well, pretty clearly white, he's biracial. Nobody knows what the races are, but if he gets the job, I wonder if the league will trumpet it as a win for diversity.

Hmmm....& I just read that the OC from the Chiefs has an interview with the Saints. We'll see how this pans out.