[REMOVE ADS]

Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 80 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 100 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

Yep, that's the one. My other brother is a non-diehard Vikings fan who jumped off the bandwagon when [in his opinion] the team stopped caring about winning. Now, he just trolls Browns fans for fun and doesn't actively support anybody. To be fair, he roots for Cleveland to win because that was Dad's favorite team, but since they are the same ol' Browns year after year, it's more fun to laugh than cry. But big brother and his wife are Steelers nuts. They'll be going to a couple of games per year now that they're within a couple hundred miles. They will probably make it to a road game, too. They normally spend some vacation traveling somewhere to see a road contest in full Black and Gold accoutrement.

If I was heading for Nashville, I'd probably be more of a Vanderbilt fan than UT. Tennessee fans are some of the worst in the country and I'm saying that from the heart of Buckeye Nation, so that's saying a lot. It'll be easier to get into Vandy games and I wouldn't go in expecting the stands to smell of urine. Seriously, probably the only team that I root against when they play Alabama is Tennessee and that speaks volumes for my disdain for them. But may God bless y'all down there, Moe. I hope the move is many times better than you want it to be and that your roots are well watered.

Jai!! Looks like the Futbol Team is getting its new name in four weeks. I'm still hoping they use "Rednecks". They can save a lot of money because it's similar to the last nickname and uses the same number of letters. It even sounds the same.

Washington Football Team to announce new name on Feb. 2; it won't be an early fan favorite
    9:28 AM ET
    John Keim
    ESPN Staff Writer

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team will announce its new name ahead of the Super Bowl, nearly 19 months after dropping its old one. But team president Jason Wright said it won't be one that became an early favorite on social media.

The team announced Tuesday that it will reveal its new name on Feb. 2, 11 days before the Super Bowl. During a podcast in September with ESPN's Adam Schefter, WFT co-CEO Tanya Snyder confirmed that the final eight candidates were Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, RedWolves, Defenders and Football Team.

Those names had previously been revealed, but some team personnel said that wasn't an official list. On the podcast, Schefter asked Snyder whether those were the candidates and she replied, "Yes." But Wright wrote on the team website on Tuesday that although Wolves -- and RedWolves by association -- were fan favorites, they would not work because of trademarks held by other teams.

"We didn't want to go down a route that could be dotted with legal hurdles," Wright said in his President's Brief. "The prospect of years of litigation wasn't something we wanted you, our fans, to have to bear as you begin to embrace a new brand."

Washington has gone with Football Team for the past two seasons after announcing on July 13, 2020, that it would drop the mascot name it had used since the team formed in 1932. The franchise began play in Washington five years later and had fought off public pressure in the past to change the name. After protests and multiple discussions in the spring of 2020, combined with pressure from sponsors, the team looked into rebranding. Wright was hired in August 2020 to help spearhead the name change. The team will still have burgundy and gold as its color scheme.

"We're going forward, and that's what the rebrand is all about," senior adviser Doug Williams, who has been with the team as a player and executive for parts of 11 years, said during an episode of "Making the Brand" on the team website. "I can't wait to see the team on the field and the fans in the stands with the rebrand on. It's gonna be nice.

"It's a clean uniform. ... I believe in clean uniforms. You just got the number and the uniform stripes around the shoulders, and that's it. That's going to be a good-looking uniform."

Washington general manager Martin Mayhew, who also played for the team, said of the uniforms during the show, "They're really clean, really crisp. They look cool, so I think the fans are really going to be excited about how the new uniforms look."

When the initial news was announced about dropping the old name, Washington coach Ron Rivera said the team wanted to include the military in the new one. After a process that included focus groups, it's uncertain whether that's still the desire.

"While we understood it would be a nearly impossible task to select a name that all of our fans would identify with as their first pick," Wright wrote, "we are very excited about our final selection, which aligns with our values, carries forth our rich history, represents the region and, most importantly, is inspired and informed by you, our fans."

Washington was the first team in the four major North American professional sports leagues to drop Native American imagery after national discussions about race. Major League Baseball's Cleveland franchise followed suit and adopted its new nickname, Guardians.

Information from The Associated Press was included in this report.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-fan-favorite

Rednecks...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Jerry you should be on tv, it will be something military which some folks will hate, commanders will more than likely be it which i'm cool with, as opposed to-redhogs-redtails-redwolves-pigsnouts...legend has it that grady wanted to buy the team and name em...grady's greasers, and he was gonna hand out free barf bags to the fans..hehehe...personally i was hoping for...archives-potomacs-express, but who listens to me!!

Hi moe,nice to see big ben end his career with a win at home..ms.m this is what's gonna happen when your[boyz]play a real team..and if it's the cards they won't take the foot off the gas petal next time, i wanna see you all play the packers and get beat the way you all beat us..see ya next season!!!

If the final 8 are Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, Redwolves, Defenders and Football Team, please keep Football Team as the name. None of those is a good choice. If I was deciding, it would be between Rednecks, Woodenteeth and Mollywoppers. Rednecks for the reasons listed before, Woodenteeth to honor slave owner and first president George, and Mollywoppers because that would put fear in the opponents and fans.

You guys see Bud Dupree arrested for assault in a Walgreens in Nashville?

I just saw the video. This is just silly. We already know that this won't even result in community service. Wish we could post tweets here, but here's the video on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JRANGER615/statu...793805826?s=20

Just noticed where T.J. Watt is one sack from tying Michael Strahan's sack record. Being zoned out for anything outside Atlanta or Miami, I had no clue he was that close. Both Pittsburgh and Miami should be commended for moving off of their hard stances to give Watt and Xavien Howard contracts that are commensurate with their current level of talent. Both played excellent this season.

I just want to see TJ get DPOY. If there’s anyone who deserves it he does.

Jerry, I won't be living near Nashville, but Knoxville. That's UT territory. Josh Dobbs is a favorite of mine, as well as the retired Ramon Foster. Both UT alumni.

I'm gonna guess: Washington Commanders?

Too much like the Washington Generals. I'm down with the Washington Moderates. Or Capitalists.

Games today!! Ms M, your Boyz are playing at 8:30 tonight.

First game is Chiefs/Broncos

Almost Broncos........Almost! I just don't want the Chiefs to win it all. Mahomes's brother has been a real turd on Twitter.

Congrats Chiefs. Outside of SDF I don't do social media so I have to ask, why should the sins of a familiy member be heaved onto a brother or team?

Anyhoo...Let's go COWBOYS!!!!!!!

I’m only rooting for someone other than the Chiefs to give them a chance. Mahome’s brother is the issue. Throwing water on people sitting at the game, complaining a local bar wouldn’t seat his “entourage” [[because it’s a small place) isn’t too nice of him. Can’t deny Mahome’s talent [[QB). It would just be nice to see someone other than the Chiefs or Brady.

Touchdown Boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I will go CRAZY if my Boyz go all the way but in the meantime and in between time....go Chiefs' LOL...shrugs

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans in it, especially if Derrick Henry comes back. But I’m undecided.

Other than my Boyz I don't have a preface but seeing the Chiefs go back to a Superbowl would not hurt my feelings I could also live with the Cardinals. Once this all plays out I'll make my final decision but until then....it's all about the team I will always come to the dance with.....Go Boyz!!!!!

I'm officially rooting for Tennessee. I rooted for Ryan Tannehill for the time he was Miami's QB, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring, if for no other reason than to shame Dolphins management for not putting a decent team around him.

Touchdown Boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo Hoo....TOUCHDOWN!

That's what I'm talking bout......
    Touchdown

I'm happy......lol

Name:  -how-bout-them-cowboys-cow-boys.jpg
Views: 1715
Size:  60.3 KB

I'm grinning from ear to ear!

Dear Jai [[aka love of my life) I will admit this crown is finally starting to feel heavy but until and or when it falls off....

SMOOCHES MY LOVE

Name:  what-makes-you-a-queen-when-you-know-that-you-44186081.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  15.2 KB

Today was a good day!

Name:  Good Night My Friends.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  31.2 KB

Congratulations, Ms M!!! Well deserved!!!!!

Thanks Moe and good luck to you and your guys!

Uuggghhh... As if the season hasn't been long enough already. Atlanta AND Miami are playing at 4:25 PM. Decisions will need to be made. Looking forward to what's next. Miami is probably going to trade Tua [which I oppose because he had a good season in crappy circumstances] and rumors have it that Atlanta's already made the decision to keep Matty Ice for another year. If that's true, I'm fine with it because he always plays his best in the second year of a new coordinator and sadly, there has been many.

I think Atlanta can easily win the South next season as Tompa Boo will be declining thanks to its newest player [Father Time, undefeated world champion] making things difficult for them. Miami can win the AFC East just by sticking with Tua and putting a good team around him. My guess for his landing spot will be New Orleans, where Sean Payton will repurpose him into Drew Brees 2.0. Miami is the stupidest most ig'nant team and never learns from past mistakes.

Ok Jerry Oz don't shoot the messenger but I heard Ryan's name thrown in the Saint's gumbo pot. Dare I ask but how would you feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Thanks Moe and good luck to you and your guys!
    Thanks, but already arm/hand injury to RB Najee Harris & possibly WR Diontae Johnson. Typical Steelers/Ravens ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Ok Jerry Oz don't shoot the messenger but I heard Ryan's name thrown in the Saint's gumbo pot. Dare I ask but how would you feel about that?
    LOL!!!!! There is not one chance in hell that the Falcons would consider trading Matt Ryan to New Orleans. That's literally the last team that he'd be traded to. The Falcons/Stains rivalry is the most underrated rivalry in professional sports and for the organization to trade its most iconic player to the Delta would be seen as a bridge too far for Falcons faithful. Trust me when I say that we'd take a fourth round pick for him from any other team rather than trade him for a first rounder to New Orleans.

Discount that rumor. The whole Ryan-to-Pittsburgh thing is based on his hometown being in Pennsylvania. If he asked for that trade, the team would make it happen. They'd trade him to Pittsburgh for a 6th rounder if it was something he wanted. But he and Arthur Smith reportedly have a mutual admiration society and both think next year's the bounce back. I'm inclined to agree. Lots of folks don't realize the financial and roster hole Julio put us in when he weaseled his way to Nashville.

It's NEVER over until it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Congrats Steelers

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ms M

And there's this:
    Steelers' T.J. Watt matches Michael Strahan's NFL single-season sack record
    Watt's historic takedown likely wrapped up Defensive Player of the Year honors

By Bryan DeArdo
    T.J. Watt has joined Michael Strahan in the NFL record books. The Steelers' All-Pro pass rusher has tied Strahan's 20-year-old record for sacks in a single season. Watt, who entered Sunday with 21.5 sacks, tied Strahan's record after sacking Tyler Huntley with under 30 seconds left in the first half of Pittsburgh's Week 18 showdown in Baltimore.

Watt matched Strahan's record despite missing two games earlier this season while dealing with groin and rib injuries. Watt, who led the NFL with 15 sacks in 2020, matched Reggie White's NFL record earlier this season after recording his fourth consecutive season with at least 13 sacks. In last week's win over the Browns, Watt joined White and older brother J.J. Watt as the only players to have at least 70 sacks in their first five seasons.

Watt also broke former teammate James Harrison's franchise single-season record this season. Watt may join Harrison as a Defensive Player of the Year recipient this season after finishing second in the voting to Aaron Donald last season.

"Early on in my career, I would look at those individual awards and would set individual statistical goals," Watt said during a recent conversation with Bryant McFadden on CBS Sports' "All Things Covered" podcast. "The longer I've been in, the more I realize that you don't need to add any more pressure to yourself. … Be healthy and put in absolutely everything you have into preparing for games and everything will take of itself.

"Winning means everything, especially late in the season. We're trying to make a playoff push, and the best way I can help this team win games is by making plays, and that's what I need to continue to do if we want to get to where we want to be."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...rd-in-week-18/

Maybe two Watt brothers are going into the hall of fame, Moe. Meanwhile, TJ Watt had more sacks than the entire Atlanta Falcons defense. This might be an area to focus on in the offseason.

Maybe, Jerry. Watt just wants to win. However, I'm sure going into the record books won't hurt. The Steelers squeaked in. Big Ben showed a bit of what's left in his tank. And he's gonna need it.....and more. Everyone saw what the Chiefs did to the Steelers a few weeks ago. The deck is stacked against them.

And they almost didn't make the playoffs. That game between the Raiders/Chargers had every Steeler squirming in their seats I'm sure.

It's anyone's guess whether they will name TJ Watt DPOY. There's a few others in the mix.

Cleaning day in the NFL. Dolphins, Bears, Vikings, [[Broncos earlier) fired their head coaches. Bears & Vikings also fired their GM's.

Jerry, Firing Brian Flores makes no sense at all.

I concur. I was so mad when I heard about it. Right now, they have me so ticked off, I'm not even interested in the coaching search. Could not care less because it's the most Miami thing imaginable. First back-to-back winning seasons in 20 years and you fire the coach because of personality conflicts? Really?! If the definition of insanity is doing what you've done before while expecting different results, role out the straight jacket in South Beach. Flo will land on his feet somewhere [probably as DC in New England again] but I expect the Fins to take a giant step back next season.

And one state to the north, Falcons fans are dejected and complaining about the lack of talent on the team. I've been asking what they expected after Quintorris Jones forced his way out of town [after the draft, BTW] and Calvin Ridley decided things in Atlanta were a little bit too stressful [after the season, keeping the team from replacing him]? You can't lose WR1 and WR1[a] and still have a good offense. Even with Julio's inability to play a full season, we would have made the playoffs with him, Ridley, and Pitts. Trash offensive line and all, that offense would have been dynamically intense. Instead, we had Russell Gage [a decent WR3] playing WR1 and Olamide Zacchareus [a decent slot receiver, better suited to a limited role] playing opposite him. The offense was bad? Well, yeah, it was bad. But it wasn't because anybody didn't plan well.

BTW: I'll bet you were sweating bullets yesterday. LOL. First, Pittsburgh goes to OT on the road for a huge win against their rival Crows and then the Raiders and Chargers play the game of the year in the final contest of the season, putting the Steelers in the playoffs thanks to a kick at 00:02 of overtime. Wow. Just... wow. Had he missed that field goal, the Chargers and Raiders would both have made it instead of the Steelers. What a crazy season.

Addendum [to the above]: Turns out, Coach Flo was apparently hellbent on getting DeShaun Watson from Houston and Watson wanted to come to Miami to play for him. There was a power struggle between the coach and the GM, who wants to keep Tua and the owner sided with the GM. I'm okay with that for a couple of reasons. First, Tua had a low key good season. The last couple of games were steps back, but at one point, he led the league in completion percentage. He's young, but he's not bad. Second, until Watson's situation is resolved, I don't want his taint anywhere near my team. It's shameful that so many teams are willing to look past the allegations. There's likely going to be a bidding war for his services and I hope neither of my teams participates.

I never liked soap operas.

The two men I hope go to good organizations are Flores & Byron Leftwich. They BOTH derserve their time. Crazy Steelers fans hope Flores comes to us as our new OC [[most can't stand Matt Canada, & they didn't like Randy Fichter either...go figure). It's my guess that Leftwich will possibly go to Jacksonville.

I am not a fan of players who come with "baggage." Watson sure has that. Ray Lewis had it, so does AB & even Big Ben.

I was thinking that those 2 teams [[LV & LAC) were playing from a script. Al Davis wouldn't have liked that!

Flo is a great defensive coach. Miami's season turned around once he took over defensive playcalling, so he won't be an OC. And trust me, he and Tomlin would not be a good pairing. Flo is a control freak and I can imagine him and Tomlin fighting each other on the sideline. A lot of folks think he's going to be hired as a HC in this current cycle, with Denver being the most likely destination. If so, don't be surprised if Watson only lifts his trade restriction to allow a trade to Denver.

Nothing would surprise me with "musical football chairs."

But yes, you're right; those Steelers fans who want him as an OC had no real idea of Coach Flores's strengths [[DC). But, if we could dump our DC [[Keith Butler).....ah but yes, no control freak need apply.

Miami is now Crazy Town. Rumors are swirling around sharks in chummed water. Reporters are tweeting and writing columns that have either been leaked in the last 24 hours or sat on since the beginning of the season. Now, there's a narrative that Flo was so anti-Tua, he tried to sabotage him. This is from a reporter for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel [note: It should say that at halftime in the Tennessee game, Flo cussed Tua out, not the other way around]:

Oh brother.........
    Now add Joe Judge to the fired list...boy, what took so long?

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Oh brother.........
    Now add Joe Judge to the fired list...boy, what took so long?
    Flores will be the Giants' coach. Book it.

I'm not.......they're also saying Chicago.

They were the first to schedule him for an interview. But my Ozzy Sense is tingling and I'm certain Joe Judge would still be employed if Miami had retained Flores. He may not go to New York, but they're going to make him an offer he can't refuse. Especially if he can lure DeShaun Watson to the Big Apple.

Interesting thought, Jerry. And, the Steelers are 12.5 pt. underdogs. Ben says something like we know they're the better team so let's just go & have fun. I think the Steelers are the underdogs that have the highest point spread ever.

Ya'll know that green bay is gonna take it all!! Congrats on the steelers getting in moe, as for my misery, we need a qb badly[i like that kid in b-more]oh well i always have them...gizzards!!!